Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,608 members, 7,809,227 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:04 AM

Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) - Health (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) (67473 Views)

Little Girl Lives With Stomach, Liver & Bowel Outside Her Body In UK (Graphic) / Nurse And Her Mother Test Positive For Coronavirus In Epe, Lagos / Brave Chinese Woman Walks Into A Hospital Holding Snake That Bit Her(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by fof1: 4:34pm On May 21, 2017
delishpot:
He reacted to the medication. Not the nurse's fault.

PLS KEEP QUIET WHEN U DONOT HV ANY MEANINGFUL RESPONSE, PLS. URS IS BULLSHIT. WHAT A TRAGEDY OF A FAKE ILL-TRAINED NURSE.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by nNEOo(m): 4:40pm On May 21, 2017
2dugged:
go back and read your post and ask your self who needs to stop naive assumptions, smh

easy hon easy.....
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Originalsly: 4:55pm On May 21, 2017
darbeelicous:
maybe I'm wrong and the drug z not expired, that does not warrant the nurse to administer it without proper consultation...... I'm not a medical personnel, but I understand that people react to stuffs they're allergic to. This is what the nurse should have inquired about before giving her the treatment............ U would understand more if this little girl is your loved one.
Abeg... if I'm a nurse... wanting to give you a penicillin injection... who should I ask if you're allergies to penicillin? How would they know?
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Deilluminator(m): 4:57pm On May 21, 2017
delishpot:
He reacted to the medication. Not the nurse's fault.
The expired drug? Is your brain intact?
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by helpee(m): 5:04pm On May 21, 2017
Jman06:
History taking does not just involve oral accounts. it could involve taking some blood samples and runing some simple genetic analysis and matching the result against a standard. That is why the first place to go when you are sick is the hospital where you can see professionals to treat the condition holistically and then a pharmacy where the pharmacist can council you and give you the right drugs.
you are just typing nonsense. Instead of you to read and learn, you are dabbling into what you know nothing about. History taking involves taking blood sample? And you are blaming quacks. Quackery is not just about administering drugs. It involves typing rubbish on nairaland too. You are guilty of what you accused the nurse of. You are a quack

2 Likes

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by arnold123: 5:05pm On May 21, 2017
ziga:

Stevens Johnson syndrome looks like burns and it is definitely a medication reaction. It involves the skin on the outside as well as inside e.g mouth, eyes, nose, lungs.

That is why it is so dangerous. There is no way to predict it and it is treated like burns.

It can be fatal depending on how much skin is involved.

Hope the child pulls through.
check Google, the pics don't even look anything like sjs bro! Those are burns resulting from fire!, now days people write shayt just to make up a blog and if someone don't know wot they are reading then they are bleeped!!
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Harwehroh1(f): 5:13pm On May 21, 2017
I think the OP Shud try n get his facts right before posting.... he/she was treated at a chemist.... chemist NA hospital?... so, everybody U meet at a chemist is a nurse?
moreover, the child reacted to d inj.....
hope she gets well sha.... wen she does, she Shud always b treated in a govt hosp Wia dia are professionals nd not quacks
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 5:22pm On May 21, 2017
I want you to ask this question, if you have not taken chloroquine before and for some reason, it is given to you and you react, who will you blame. As for the little girl i am sure it was her first time taking the drug.
That is how you shifted focus, at least admit that history taking is oral and is different from investigations.
You may be on nairaland but it is obvious you are either a medical student(not MBBS i am sure), have never been in a nigerian hospital as a medical personnel, or you dont reside in this country. How many drugs will you pharmacogenetically test every patient's blood for? how much does it cost? In this country where the health budget is a fallacy and 70% healthcare financing comes out of the patients' pocket,health insurance is paltry, you will now do pharmacogenetic testing. Continue wasting valuable resources o. Come to the hospital na and let us 'pharmacogenetically' test your blood for every drug available and watch you go broke. You only know theory, not practical. Gerrara here instead of behaving as if they injected vincristine in your brain.
Jman06:
I weep for Nigeria with people like you parading yourselves as medical personels!
Now let me educate your ignorant self. There's what is called pharmacogenetic testing which involves taking samples from a patient and running genetic tests on them. The result is then matched with those of previous sufferers of the reaction to determine the suitability of the drugs for the patient.
Go to good schools, they would not!

3 Likes

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by darbeelicous(f): 5:24pm On May 21, 2017
hi, I'm d op..... Matter of factly I left the hospital not quite long. I've been there since yesterday cos my little angel Is also suffering from burns. I saw this girl's condition and I asked questions...... Even heard it from the doctor. I even spoke with her!! The purpose of this thread is to create awareness I'm not a blogger!!
arnold123:
check Google, the pics don't even look anything like sjs bro! Those are burns resulting from fire!, now days people write shayt just to make up a blog and if someone don't know wot they are reading then they are bleeped!!
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 5:24pm On May 21, 2017
helpee:
you are just typing nonsense. Instead of you to read and learn, you are dabbling into what you know nothing about. History taking involves taking blood sample? And you are blaming quacks. Quackery is not just about administering drugs. It involves typing rubbish on nairaland too. You are guilty of what you accused the nurse of. You are a quack
You are a very stupiid person you know instead of asking questions so i can enlighten you, you are here disgracing yourself! what do you know Every dunderhead will just come to nairaland and be spewing trash about what they know nothing about.

to you history taking involves just oral information. I don't blame you, i blame the nigeria corrupt system that made it possible for aszholes like yourself to bribe their way through medical school and get licensed to be killing unsuspecting patients. That's if you are a medical personnel in the first place.

Imbeciile!
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by darbeelicous(f): 5:27pm On May 21, 2017
i got my facts right ma, and according to ofeyinwa's aunt, this is not the first time they're receiving treatment from her she's like a mid wife to them. Hence the reason why they did not take any action.

I pray for quick recovery too.
Harwehroh1:
I think the OP Shud try n get his facts right before posting.... he/she was treated at a chemist.... chemist NA hospital?... so, everybody U meet at a chemist is a nurse?
moreover, the child reacted to d inj.....
hope she gets well sha.... wen she does, she Shud always b treated in a govt hosp Wia dia are professionals nd not quacks
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by arnold123: 5:34pm On May 21, 2017
darbeelicous:
hi, I'm d op..... Matter of factly I left the hospital not quite long. I've been there since yesterday cos my little angel Is also suffering from burns. I saw this girl's condition and I asked questions...... Even heard it from the doctor. I even spoke with her!! The purpose of this thread is to create awareness I'm not a blogger!!
you don't mean it? Chisos!
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 5:47pm On May 21, 2017
Young lady, the fact that you went to some mushroom medical school and lack understanding about how medicine is practiced in the modern world does not mean we shouldn't work hard to get things right in nigeria. I'm a professional who's upto date, you are a quack who's stuck in the past, that's the difference! And for your information, history taking is not just about oral accounts! Learn!! [quote author=funmisticqueen post=56741520]I want you to ask not taken chloroquine before and fo you and you react, who will you blame. As for the little girl i am sure it was her first time taking the drug.
You may be on nairaland but it is obvious you are either a medical student(not MBBS i am sure), have never been in a nigerian hospital as a medical personnel, or you dont reside in this country. How many drugs will you pharmacogenetically test every patient's blood for? how much does it cost? In this country where the health budget is a fallacy and 70% healthcare financing comes out of the patients' pocket.

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by madgoat(m): 5:49pm On May 21, 2017
darbeelicous:
maybe I'm wrong and the drug z not expired, that does not warrant the nurse to administer it without proper consultation...... I'm not a medical personnel, but I understand that people react to stuffs they're allergic to. This is what the nurse should have inquired about before giving her the treatment............ U would understand more if this little girl is your loved one.

Stop saying rubbish
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by madgoat(m): 5:53pm On May 21, 2017
darbeelicous:
Hey fam..... When u take a look at this pictures what comes to mind, burns? Hot water or fire.... But it's neither of those. This was caused by an injection reaction (that's what the doctor called it!)

8years old ofeyinwa is currently at the federal Medical Center Owerri, he's suffering from what the doctor called injection reaction, apparently, ifeyinwa got down with a cold few weeks back, then her aunty took him to a Nearby chemist, the nurse gave her an injection (obviously expired) ... Anti-maleria she called it. Not quite long ofeyinwa's skin change and it resulted into this, burns all over her face and body. Please let's pray for her quick recovery.

Its a drug reaction and not anyone's fault. Stop saying rubbish if u are not enlightened about medical facts.
As someone rightly pointed out, its Stevens-Johnsons syndrome. Its common with sulphonamide drugs.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by darbeelicous(f): 6:02pm On May 21, 2017
with all due respect madgoat,why mention me wen ure not gonna say anything meaningful...... I just made my point, based on facts I gathered. This is not a copy from a blog. If you disagree, y not raise your argument reasonably the way others have done??
madgoat:

Stop saying rubbish

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 6:15pm On May 21, 2017
This is why we have been saying that the pharmacists should be involved in ward rounds and in drug prescription like it's done in other climes. It is obvious from their comments here that some of our medical doctor friends are running dry on issues relating to drugs. I know some cases of ADR are idiosyncratic, but many can actually be avoided by simple genetic testing during drug prescription.

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by daveopuwari: 6:20pm On May 21, 2017
I am not surprised that in Nigeria a nurse will administer a drug without cross-checking its expiry date or finding out whether or not the patient has a specific allergy.

It's unfortunate that we live in an almost lawless society were some nurses act like demi-gods with no empathy and nothing is done to correct this error.

The hospital deserves to be sued and the nurse put behind bars for this.

I pray for her speedy recovery.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by helpee(m): 6:27pm On May 21, 2017
Jman06:
This is why we have been saying that the pharmacists should be involved in ward rounds and in drug prescription like it's done in other climes. It is obvious from their comments here that some of our medical doctor friends are running dry on issues relating to drugs. I know some cases of ADR are idiosyncratic, but many can actually be avoided by simple genetic testing during drug prescription.
small boy, you better stay in the romance section where you frequent. You have half knowledge...probably a student so you know nothing about medicine. You are just displaying your ignorance here. Saying blood test and genetic testing is part of history taking. Half baked knowlegde is worse than total lack of knowledge. By the way, tell us the basic genetic testing you use before every prescription and in what country that is done with evidence? So you want to administer like 5 drugs on a patient and you start testing them genetically one by one. At least, ive practised medicine in india, in uk and in singapore. Ive attended courses in the USA. Ive never seen a place where they do genetic testing for every drug? You are just blabbing because of what you read on the internet. I pity you

2 Likes

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 6:30pm On May 21, 2017
Now just because i am in this rut of a country doesnt mean i am not up to date, i never said i didnt know what pharmacogenetic testing is, dont you think that if i go to any other country where the healthcare system works, i wont practice the best and most up to date and effective healthcare? answer me this, do you practice in this godforsaken jungle? dont ever in your life use your dirty fingers to type and insult me again. Infact never mention me again. I mean it.
Jman06:
Young lady, the fact that you went to some mushroom medical school and lack understanding about how medicine is practiced in the modern world does not mean we shouldn't work hard to get things right in nigeria. I'm a professional who's upto date, you are a quack who's stuck in the past, that's the difference! And for your information, history taking is not just about oral accounts! Learn!!
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 21, 2017
Dont mind him, he can do pharmcogenetic testing before he takes paracetamol for headache. He is very ignorant, he is still pained because jamb didn't give him medicine. Phamacist wanting to form doctor
helpee:
small boy, you better stay in the romance section where you frequent. You have half knowledge...probably a student so you know nothing about medicine. You are just displaying your ignorance here. Saying blood test and genetic testing is part of history taking. Half baked knowlegde is worse than total lack of knowledge. By the way, tell us the basic genetic testing you use before every prescription and in what country that is done with evidence? So you want to administer like 5 drugs on a patient and you start testing them genetically one by one. At least, ive practised medicine in india, in uk and in singapore. Ive attended courses in the USA. Ive never seen a place where they do genetic testing for every drug? You are just blabbing because of what you read on the internet. I pity you
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 6:47pm On May 21, 2017
helpee:
You are the one exposing your lack of knowledge, honestly! Just admit you lack knowledge, simple! But your ego would not let you.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 6:58pm On May 21, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Dont mind him, he can do pharmcogenetic testing before he takes paracetamol for headache. He is very ignorant, he is still pained because jamb didn't give him medicine. Phamacist wanting to form doctor
You are very stupiid, you know?
FYI, i did BCH before choosing to study pharmacy. In my post UDE, my score was higher than the cut off for medicine, but i chose pharmacy instead because that's my preference. And Fyi, my target is the industry where i'll make good money. Quacks like yourself should continue to run down our hospitals until the government decides to do the right thing.
I'm happy you later accepted the existence of pharmacogenetics.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 7:22pm On May 21, 2017
Yeah right, ignoramus, all talk but no action,why should pharmacists even be on ward rounds. Mtcheeeeeew
Jman06:
FYI, i did BCH before choosing to study pharmacy. In my post UDE, my score was higher than the cut off for medicine, but i chose pharmacy instead because that's my preference. And Fyi, my target is the industry where i'll make good money. Quacks like yourself should continue to run down our hospitals until the government decides to do the right thing.

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Lalas247(f): 7:30pm On May 21, 2017
virus05:
This is serious. I no dey go hospital for all these malaria stuffs. House sure pass

Email on my profile
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by ijayebonyi(f): 7:32pm On May 21, 2017
Original quack nurse
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Jman06(m): 7:48pm On May 21, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Yeah right, ignoramus, all talk but no action,why should pharmacists even be on ward rounds. Mtcheeeeeew
You are the ignoramus here! Pharmacists should be on ward rounds because they have superior knowledge of drugs! One of your fake assz docs prescribed tramadol for my auntie to treat contraceptives induced hypertension, a pharmacist would have corrected that if he was there. Also, your doctor colleagues killed a 6years old child with chloramphenicol injection, a pharmacist would have warned them of the danger of haemolytic anaemia which eventually killed the child. The list is endless, but your overbloated ego will not let you see reasons.

1 Like

Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by fortuneinya: 7:49pm On May 21, 2017
After giving her expired injection God will judge oooo
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by selfmade001(f): 7:52pm On May 21, 2017
A nurse is NEVER at a chemist, that is a Quack! This is Nigeria where we have Quacks everywhere, even in private hospitals which is because of cheap labour. I tell people no health profession is apprenticeship, you have to go to school and study, not that you want to LEARN Nursing at one Omo Balogun Clinic. A lot of Nigerians are still oblivious of this fact, they don't know who is licensed and who is not?
#NotEveryOneInWhiteIsANurse
#NotEveryWomamThatWorksInTheHospitalIsANurse
#NotEveryOneWhoClaimsToBeANurseIsANurse
People die everyday because of these menace in the health sector..... I only wonder who the next victim will be?
darbeelicous:
hmmmmm........ The nurse was at the chemist, while the doctor is in the hospital were he's currently being treated....... Garrit??
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by delishpot: 7:53pm On May 21, 2017
fof1:

PLS KEEP QUIET WHEN U DONOT HV ANY MEANINGFUL RESPONSE, PLS. URS IS BULLSHIT. WHAT A TRAGEDY OF A FAKE ILL-TRAINED NURSE.

grin grin grin who hurt you?
FYI, the only guilt the nurse has was giving medication without doctors priscription. That the child's body reacted to the drug isn't her doing. It is what it is.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by delishpot: 7:54pm On May 21, 2017
Deilluminator:
The expired drug? Is your brain intact?
My brain? If I say yes, what can you do about it? grin grin
You investigated and found out the drug has expired or you believe people only react to expired drugs? Let me see how your super smart brain reasons o ye wise one.
Re: Little Girl Takes An Injection From A Nurse And This Happens To Her (Photos) by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 21, 2017
E pain am o.
Jman06:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

How To Get Clear White Eyes Naturally / China: Man's Bladder Explodes, Fell Asleep For 18 Hrs After Drinking Excess Beer / Somuvie Sonia Cleans Up Jabi Lake To Safeguard Water Bodies, Reduce Dumps In FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.