Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil (11179 Views)

2015 Prophecies That Never Occured / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by oluite(f): 5:05pm On Jan 15, 2010
if there was actually a pact with d devil causing all dis probs in haiti as said by pat robertson,i just want to know if he or his ministry has in anyway contributed to thier spiritual upliftment in gettin out of d pact?
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by FLT123(m): 5:07pm On Jan 15, 2010
Folks,

Before we castrate Pat, we need to take a look back at history and look at the facts:

- Haiti revolution of 1794 was started by a voodoo priest
- On independence in 1804, the country was dedicated to Satan (January 4th)
- Haiti population is primarily from West Africa (though they speak the language of their colonial masters:French, Spanish, English)
- While Catholicism is the official religion, over 95% of the populace is involved in voodoo (this I think is similar to Nigeria where we all go to church but most people still practice stuff by the side)

Now to the one that really got me thinking,
- this is the first independent slave nation of African origin in the world (over 200 years old), and look at where they are still at. It is the poorest country in the western hemisphere, Nigerian infrastructure is excellent when compared to what you get in Haiti. Haiti is older than America! I strongly believe something is wrong somewhere. I do not want to believe that colonialism or slavery is responsible for this. It has been over 200 years for heaven sake!

I hope and pray that our Nigeria (that has a lot in similarities with Haiti) does not go down this route. We are just 49 years old. I have a friend who runs a charity in Haiti and I must say people have been wonderful when it comes to helping out on the current crisis.

I will appreciate thoughtful responses to this post, not emotional laden ones!
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by tunnytox(m): 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2010
I know many may not agree but truly there are spiritual reasons why some things happen and science simply can't give explanation for everything
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Nobody: 5:14pm On Jan 15, 2010
Am not surprised, [b]the average christian is WICKED and SELFISH, you hear prayers like 'god bless me and my family, when the trumpet sounds let me and my family b caught up, etc, ' the preach love and forgiveness but the they are the greatest defaulters![/b]Haiti, we love and wish you super recovery, you'd raise again irrespective of what Xtians think  

because of that statement, they are selfish and wicked?

did u also sign a pact with the devil for a malfunctioning brain?
Arrow
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by VALIDATOR: 5:23pm On Jan 15, 2010
FLT123:

Folks,

Before we castrate Pat, we need to take a look back at history and look at the facts:

- Haiti population is primarily from West Africa (though they speak the language of their colonial masters:French, Spanish, English)
- While Catholicism is the official religion, over 95% of the populace is involved in voodoo (this I think is similar to Nigeria where we all go to church but most people still practice stuff by the side)

- this is the first independent slave nation of African origin in the world (over 200 years old), and look at where they are still at. It is the poorest country in the western hemisphere, Nigerian infrastructure is excellent when compared to what you get in Haiti. Haiti is older than America! I strongly believe something is wrong somewhere. I do not want to believe that colonialism or slavery is responsible for this. It has been over 200 years for heaven sake!

I hope and pray that our Nigeria (that has a lot in similarities with Haiti) does not go down this route. We are just 49 years old. I have a friend who runs a charity in Haiti and I must say people have been wonderful when it comes to helping out on the current crisis.

But why are we just hearing this now after the earthquake? This is the way con men called men of God have their way into people's hearts.

If he is truly sent by God,he should say stuffs b4 they happen.Not after.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by JeSoul(f): 5:30pm On Jan 15, 2010
I dunno why people are all up in arms over Robertson. Are you people still taking anything he says seriously? it has long been established the guy has serious issues so I'm not sure what all the fuss is about.

Anyways one post on this thread caught my attention and lured me in:
FLT123:

Folks,

Excellent points! Why haven't we all been wondering (instead of diverting our passionate fire towards Robertson) what is wrong with Haiti? What are the practical, economic, tangible reasons why they are still living in the dark ages?
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by toneyb: 5:41pm On Jan 15, 2010
JeSoul:

Anyways one post on this thread caught my attention and lured me in:
   Excellent points! Why haven't we all been wondering (instead of diverting our passionate fire towards Robertson) what is wrong with Haiti? What are the practical, economic, tangible reasons why they are still living in the dark ages?

Haiti is still living in the dark(like most African countries) because of lack of accountability, transperancy, greed, lazy mentality, and perharps a culture that does not support development like that of many African cultures. Are you one of those that believe that Haiti is where it is because of some supernatural pact?
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by VALIDATOR: 5:50pm On Jan 15, 2010
toneyb:

Haiti is still living in the dark(like most African countries) because of lack of accountability, transperancy, greed, lazy mentality, and perharps a culture that does not support development like that of many African cultures. Are you one of those that believe that Haiti is where it is because of some supernatural pact?

Gbam !
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by sammyzacks(m): 5:59pm On Jan 15, 2010
On 6/18/2003 at 1316hrs., Rev. Hansen received this prophecy:
"Haiti: a land drenched in the blood of goats, and sheep, and chickens, and pigs. Yes, the blood offered to please the gods of hell will not save you for what is coming upon your land. Only my precious blood from my Son Jesus can protect you from the wrath coming in the future.

Yes, blood is coming and only my blood can spare your soul from the justice that is coming against the gods of hell. You worship other gods and spirits, but 'I AM that I AM Jesus Christ' is returning to judge the nations and returning to judge Haiti.

Yes, your leadership, whose bodies have been baptized in the blood of animals (pigs and goats etc.), will not help you now. The gods and spirits from other lands far away across the oceans will not help you now, for I am coming back to judge all. Thus saith the Word and the Spirit of the only God that lives, Jesus Christ."

http://www.worldministries.org/haiti.html
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by FLT123(m): 6:00pm On Jan 15, 2010
Toneyb,

Let's get into the principle of the principle of 5 whys. It basically says that if you ask why 5 times and you get the right answers, you should arrive at the root cause of a problem. Why is Haiti suffering from "lack of accountability, transparency, greed, lazy mentality and a culture that does not support development" - quoting you?

Better still, why is Nigeria (I suggest we use Nigeria as a case in point because of similarities with Haiti) the way it is today, why do we have a missing president, why is there corruption everywhere, why do we have so many so called pastors and the country is still not getting better, so many whys?

We can all point to the things you mentioned and I can tell you that those are symptoms of a bigger problem.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Onwan: 6:02pm On Jan 15, 2010
I dont know about that Pat guy, BUT I know that Haiti is Voodoo country; They are a nation devoted to voodoo.

As to how this quake has to do with a "Pact" with the devil?, well I know that those things we read in the bible about how God wiped out nations, they are not stories, they are true.

Just like individuals, once they are so into voodoo (or juju as we call it) - they end up unproductive and as God hands out His judgement these days; they are doomed with all sorts of calamities.

There is a God, better beleive it
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by JeSoul(f): 6:03pm On Jan 15, 2010
toneyb:

Toney what jesoul thinks about the spiritual climate of Haiti is irrelevant now and forever. I asked a practical question and you gave a very good practical response. That is really the bottomline, not what Robertson or any other loon has to say.

FLT123:

Toneyb,

Let's get into the principle of the principle of 5 whys. It basically says that if you ask why 5 times and you get the right answers, you should arrive at the root cause of a problem. Why is Haiti suffering from "lack of accountability, transparency, greed, lazy mentality and a culture that does not support development" - quoting you?

Better still, why is Nigeria (I suggest we use Nigeria as a case in point because of similarities with Haiti) the way it is today, why do we have a missing president, why is there corruption everywhere, why do we have so many so called pastors and the country is still not getting better, so many whys?

We can all point to the things you mentioned and I can tell you that those are symptoms of a bigger problem.
And what do you think is this bigger problem? can it be solved?
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by toneyb: 6:12pm On Jan 15, 2010
Onwan:

I dont know about that Pat guy, BUT I know that Haiti is Voodoo country; They are a nation devoted to voodoo.

As to how this quake has to do with a "Pact" with the devil?, well I know that those things we read in the bible about how God wiped out nations, they are not stories, they are true.

Just like individuals, once they are so into voodoo (or juju as we call it) - they end up unproductive and as God hands out His judgement these days; they are doomed with all sorts of calamities.

There is a God, better beleive it

Are you one of Pat Robertson's foot soldier or did you just drink the Pat's cool-aide?
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by toneyb: 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2010
FLT123:

Toneyb,

I want to underdsand what you are saying before I reply, what are you suggesting is the "bigger problem"?
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Onwan: 6:25pm On Jan 15, 2010
@Toneyb
Dont even get me started; I already told you I dont know that Bleep called Pat or about whatever his views are BUT this I know;

There is God, and he watches everyone. He hates Idolatory, Homosexualism and all those anti-Christ moves. He will destroy nations devotes and fighting for things like that.

I can tell you right now that for instance; Any nation that legalizes Gay "Marriages" will be doomed shortly. I dont have to be Pat to tell you that, Its what I know - and if you dont know it, then Bleep off.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by FLT123(m): 6:30pm On Jan 15, 2010
Toneyb,

Do you believe in God?
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by JeSoul(f): 6:31pm On Jan 15, 2010
FLT123:

Toneyb,

Do you believe in God?
Lemme help Toney here, the answer is No. He's an atheist.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Tudor6(f): 6:38pm On Jan 15, 2010
Robertson is an idi.ot, no doubt.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Onwan: 6:42pm On Jan 15, 2010
We are the ones that changed from riding horses and chariots to Navigators, He remains that same God who ordains and judges, so I suggest you go read that very simple english book and check what He wants and does not want.

Lots of us get so involved with "development", "science" and "pastors" that we think God looks like or thinks like any of those things, He doesnt, He thinks like He did in the Bible "Days", thats Him;

NOT the Sunday "service" or weekly "fellowships".
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by confibobo(m): 8:42pm On Jan 15, 2010
:oLet us all pray to GOD to spare africa on this tectonic activities. Haiti lies on the pacific ring of fire, so areas like this are likely areas for quake, tremors and other tectonic activities. My candid prayer will be that CONGO is not affected in the near future in africa.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by mamagee3(f): 8:45pm On Jan 15, 2010
What else do we expect when pastors now act like God themselves? undecided
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Marlbron: 8:52pm On Jan 15, 2010
The elements are angels of God. They carry out assignments from God. I do not hold brief for Pat, but perhaps he is describing the cause from the fact of what had happened to the little Island nation. If we agree that God knows everything, then surely he knew that the earthquake will occur? All said, the disaster is a time for all well meaning people to rally round Haiti and not to judge her.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by texazzpete(m): 8:55pm On Jan 15, 2010
There are lots of voodoo practitioners in Haiti. AT the same time, there are a whole lot of Christians in that country. This earthquake killed both faithless and faithful alike. Ascribing this to God is an act of utter foolishness.

If as a Christian you subscribe to this belief that the poor people of Haiti are being punished for the 'sins' committed many years ago, how then does this dovetail into your belief that God is loving and just?

What happened in Haiti is a natural disaster, nothing more. Any attempt to read any 'divine punishment' into this smacks of the sadistic Christianity many of you practice these days.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Onwan: 9:05pm On Jan 15, 2010
@texa
Im not going to pretend I did not just read your post and let it ride; From what you posted up there?, it only shows how silly you are.

And that bull about Sadistic?, shows you are really messed up. Facts are facts, go figure
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Divinechoc(f): 9:16pm On Jan 15, 2010
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by toneyb: 9:19pm On Jan 15, 2010
Onwan:

@Toneyb
Dont even get me started; I already told you I dont know that bleep called Pat or about whatever his views are BUT this I know;

There is God, and he watches everyone. He hates Idolatory, Homosexualism and all those anti-Christ moves. He will destroy nations devotes and fighting for things like that.

I can tell you right now that for instance; Any nation that legalizes Gay "Marriages" will be doomed shortly. I dont have to be Pat to tell you that, Its what I know - and if you dont know it, then bleep off.

When will your god attack countries Like Portugal, Finland, Sweden, Denmark, Latvia, Czech Republic and so many other atheist European nation out there that have legalized homosexuality and whose citizens are mostly atheists? Is your religion FEAR? . And Please stop talking about having any knowledge because you don't KNOW ANYTHING.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by toneyb: 9:27pm On Jan 15, 2010
texazzpete:

There are lots of voodoo practitioners in Haiti. AT the same time, there are a whole lot of Christians in that country. This earthquake killed both faithless and faithful alike. Ascribing this to God is an act of utter foolishness.

Why is it that people ONLY ascribe good things to their god but ascribe bad things to the mythical satan or demons? Do you read your bible at all? According to the bible the Yahweh says that he is responsible for all the bad things that we see around like natural disasters, drought and other calamities.

"When disaster comes to a city, Has not the Lord caused it?" (Amos 3:6) NLT

Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it? Amos 3:6 KJV

If as a Christian you subscribe to this belief that the poor people of Haiti are being punished for the 'sins' committed many years ago, how then does this dovetail into your belief that God is loving and just?

What happened in Haiti is a natural disaster, nothing more. Any attempt to read any 'divine punishment' into this smacks of the sadistic Christianity many of you practice these days.

Natural disasters if we are to go by what the bible says are all the actions of Yahweh. Read your bible sometimes and stop allowing pastors to read it for you.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by toneyb: 9:29pm On Jan 15, 2010
FLT123:

Toneyb,

Do you believe in God?

No.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by H2O2: 9:33pm On Jan 15, 2010
Pat Robertson and his counterparts like Rush Limbaugh spewing their asinine comments amidst this irreversible tragedy that has struck Haiti are buffoons AFAIK. May God forgive me for reproving his minister, but his outlandish episode made me indignant.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by toneyb: 9:37pm On Jan 15, 2010
H2O2:

Pat Robertson and his counterparts like Rush Limbaugh spewing their asinine comments amidst this irreversible tragedy that has struck Haiti are buffoons AFAIK. May God forgive me for reproving his minister, but his outlandish episode made me indignant.

The FRAUD called Pat Robertson is not a minister of any body but a minister of himself, his greed and his family. The guys fraudulent activities are very well documented.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by adaphik(f): 9:39pm On Jan 15, 2010
You all should calm down, pls. Rather than bicker over this. I suggest u guys shld express compassion & sympathy over what has befallen the haitians, alright! Support in anyway u can, it could be ur time or ur kind words of hope to them.  It could have been ur own country. cos urs isnt better than theirs, anyway.  So Ladies & Gentlemen, thank God for urs, & think of making urs a better place. Thank u all. 

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Daddy “G.O.” Freeze & The Division In Nigerian Church (part 1) / Shiloh 2020 Begins Today, 7pm / What Is Your Understanding Of Sabbath?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.