Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,190 members, 7,815,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:12 AM

Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil (11182 Views)

2015 Prophecies That Never Occured / Church Of Satan Now Opened For All Willing To Join And May The Devil Give You Joy. / Rccg Donates $50,000 To Haiti (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Nobody: 2:57am On Jan 17, 2010
I guess US also signed a pact with the devil during Katrina. All the countries that ever had earthquake signed a pact with the devil. Even the earthquake in Italy last year. Italy signed a pact with the devil. There is something wrong with you all which only your imaginary friend can solve and since he is only imaginary, then no solution for your head aches.

Geez I wonder why I hate religious folks and their arguments.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by folami86: 4:30am On Jan 17, 2010
ilosiwaju,9jaganja, airdig et al. . .

first thing first. pat didn't say the earthquake was a punishment from God. he referred to a historical event and commented why haiti is cursed. the holy bible says stand boldly and that's what pat did. pat said what needed to be said (2 Chronicles 7:14). when the haitians devil worshippers turn from their wicked ways God will heal the land.

to those wondering why the believers died with the non believers: - many times those who have a relationship with God suffer for the action of the wicked folks (I am sure you have thought the same of your life sometimes when nothing seems to be going right. . .right? ) however, what we fail to realize as humans is that death is more serious to us than it is to God. the Lord God knows what is on the other side for the believers but to us who are left behind, death is very painful and heart broken.

God could have stopped the earthquake because He is in control but like i said before God allows certain things to happen. He is a forgiving God, a jealous God and a God of compassion BUT He is also capable of judging the believers and the non believers. The people of haiti (not all) are very dark hearted (deep deep into voodoo and witchcraft). . . more than most african countries if not all. The earthquake is an eye opener for them. They need Jesus just like you and me and they need it ASAP.

BTW, pat and his organizations have donated money and are in haiti with relief and help for the suffering. How many of us have donated?
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Nobody: 6:28am On Jan 17, 2010
ever heard of the black death ? what of cholera?

the pat roberstons of the dark/middle ages also thought that pestilence came from God.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by master2(m): 6:37am On Jan 17, 2010
Prophet T B Joshua remains my most admire man of God. what do u think?
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by H2O2: 7:08am On Jan 17, 2010
master2:

Prophet T B Joshua remains my most admire man of God. what do u think?
are you drunk? how is this relevant?
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by omobadan(m): 10:43am On Jan 17, 2010
I'm annoyed when people talk about 'God' and voodoo. Please, I don't need anyone quoting the Bible or Quran here. It's irrelevant cause it's subjective. People choose to practise voodooism because it suits them. Equating that with devil worshipping is highly ignorant. We have so many churches and mosques in Nigeria but we've yet to turn the corner. Someone was saying the Haitians are 'dark hearted' because they're into voodoo and withcraft. What utter nonsense! No religion is going to save you from a lack of common sense. All that rubbish from Pat Robertson is nothing more than a load of old cobblers! Typical religious zealot's talk. Haiti has been mismanaged by power hungry and corrupt individuals. That's all to it.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by ilosiwaju: 11:11am On Jan 17, 2010
waaaa sere! well said jare.
grin
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by PastorAIO: 12:49pm On Jan 17, 2010
Please I don't know what pact Nigeria signed with whom for it to be in the state that she is in. Can anybody tell me?
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Kilode1: 1:40pm On Jan 17, 2010
folami86:

ilosiwaju,9jaganja, airdig et al. . .

first thing first. pat didn't say the earthquake was a punishment from God.  he referred to a historical event and commented why haiti is cursed.  the holy bible says stand boldly and that's what pat did. pat said what needed to be said (2 Chronicles 7:14). when the haitians devil worshippers turn from their wicked ways God will heal the land.

to those wondering why the believers died with the non believers: -  many times those who have a relationship with God suffer for the action of the wicked folks (I am sure you have thought the same of your life sometimes when nothing seems to be going right. . .right? )  however, what we fail to realize as humans is that death is more serious to us than it is to God.  the Lord God knows what is on the other side for the believers but to us who are left behind, death is very painful and heart broken.

God could have stopped the earthquake because He is in control but like i said before God allows certain things to happen. He is a forgiving God, a jealous God and a God of compassion BUT He is also capable of judging the believers and the non believers.  The people of haiti (not all) are very dark hearted (deep deep into voodoo and witchcraft). . . more than most african countries if not all.  The earthquake is an eye opener for them.  They need Jesus just like you and me and they need it ASAP.

BTW, pat and his organizations have donated money and are in haiti with relief and help for the suffering.  How many of us have donated?

Pat didn't have to say those words exactly, but the implication is unambiguous "they signed a pact with the devil" and since then they've lived in misery?

But was there anytime those Black African slaves in Haiti ever lived without misery while under the French? before the alleged pact?

Pick up a book, or even a dictionary and check the meaning of "chattel slavery" then tell us how that is not misery.

Pat Robertson referred to a myth, not a verified historical event, he then said " true story" the "Man of God" lied! history should be based on verified facts.

That mythical pact which allegedly took place at Bois-Caïman near Cap-Haïtien in 1791, No one has been able to verify it[b](except Pat Robertson who was there with the devil when he signed the agreement)[/b]. Some Historians believe it is a lie from the French to justify their decades of blockade even after they were roundly defeated by those Brave people. What we know for sure though is that those "rag tag" band of African slaves fought and defeated arguably the Strongest colonial military in the world at that time. As a Black African, I'm proud of them. and You should be too. Regardless of their present poverty or how useless their leaders are.   Go and Read history.  Be a truth seeker.

I know Sanctimonious Christians think they are bold, Sanctimonious pharisees were very bold too.

Haitian Devil worshipers?? it that because they sacrifice Goats and Chickens to atone for sins and seek favour? is that all? or do you have some other evidence?

Now, do you know anything about Voodoo? have you practiced it before or what? that religion abhors the Devil as much as Christianity, read up on it at your local library or at least use Google for Christ sake! Even our own African religions at abhors the devil or Eshu(as the Yorubas call it). but No, Haitians worship the devil. Some even claim Haitians practice Satanism (an European belief and concept alien to most African religions) read up people.

Africans! Black people! kai, we don allow Oyinbos to damage our mentality finish. Mind you, they will hardly be caught calling their own Zeus, or other European mythological figures, worship and sacrifice stories evil. Even Jesus Christ was sacrificed by his Father to atone for sins. is that evil too? wink

BTW, even if they worship the devil as you said, I really don't think the Devil rewards his followers with lives of poverty(80%) and misery on earth though, maybe in hell, but on earth? I really doubt it, that's my understanding of Christian concepts, except if we only listen to those who are obsessed with worldy prosperity preaching. Now, I may be wrong, but in my own society, Nigeria, those who steal public money(something I consider evil) live wealthy, long lives. grin

You said "the people of haiti (not all) are very dark hearted ([b]deep deep into voodoo and witchcraft. . . more than most african countries if not all"  there you go again equating Voodoo with witchcraft? I don't have to type any further response to that since you can obviously see into the "dark hearts" of others, then you must know what I'm thinking right now.

[b]How many of us have donated[/b]? I think you will know if I have donated or not but I read that many people have donated, have you? smiley
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by ucnduka(f): 2:42pm On Jan 17, 2010
It is rather unfortunate that this kind of disaster occured in Haiti, but I an so pissed to think that anybody would attribute it to God. Please, NL leave God out of it, there is no evil in God . Natural disasters are bound to happen as the scriptures predicted so I'm not so surprised it could be Nigeria tomorrow. Whether, Haiti brought it on themselves or not, the lesson is as long as this world remains good and bad things would continue to occur. Concerning, the pact with the devil, if trully such a thing occured then the Haitians should learn that he who dines with the devil should eat with a long spoon as his gifts do not come without sorrows. Pat Robertson gave his opinion and I believe there is still freedom of speech, if u think his statement is foolish ignore him but that those not change the fact that evil is evil whether u call it voodoo or african religion.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by omobadan(m): 3:04pm On Jan 17, 2010
UC Nduka, you're still equating voodooism to evil. You can't! Besides, what stupid pact are we even talking about? Only religious people will hear a stupid thing like that and believe it! They practise what they felt is good for them. Big deal. It's not hurting you and I, is it? So, you think Christianity or Islam are better than practising voodoo? Why? Because you don't sacrifice goats to one god or the other? Remember you still visit a religious place, put money in some kitty and swear by a Holy book. Some would consider that as some form of sacrifice.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by ucnduka(f): 4:12pm On Jan 17, 2010
Omobadan, I don't know if u have really seen people use voodoo because if u have u won't be saying voodoo is not evil. I even find it funny that people even practice such in this age. Agreed, all religions involve one sacrifice or the other but u cannot say that the sacrifices of voodooism have brought any good thing for both the worshippers and their neighbours. Seriously, would u like a juju priest as a neighbour? Funny enough alot of people even here on NL fear people involved in voodoo have u ever wondered why?
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Princek12(m): 5:44pm On Jan 17, 2010
Voodoo is pervasive in Haiti and, as such, nothing good can arise out of the practice of voodoo.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 17, 2010
Seriously? If Voodoo gave them freedom from slave masters, I think I want to practice voodoo.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by selencious(f): 6:58pm On Jan 17, 2010
It is true that the Country was dedicated to the Satan 2wce. But, im not sure if that is behind their problems, Haiti has always had one problem after the other. Recently before this earthquake, it was flooding where many people and houses were swept off by water, now its earthquake. There might be a meaning behind what the man above said, Only God knows.Anyways, I pray God sends his mercy, grace and comfort into that country. I have donated some money to them miself, I mean, its so touching,
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by PastorAIO: 8:10pm On Jan 17, 2010
Do you know any country that can thrive without trade? without import/export? Do you realize that for many decades after independence a trade embargo was imposed on Haiti
1806: US Places Embargo on Trade with Haiti
Fearful that the Haitian revolution might inspire enslaved Africans in other parts of the world to rebel, US Congress bans trade with Haiti joining French and Spanish boycotts. The embargoes cripple Haiti’s economy, already weakened by 12 years of civil war. The embargo will be renewed in 1807 and 1809. [DUNKEL, 1994] The embargo is accompanied by a threat of recolonization and re-enslavement if Haiti fails to compensate France for losses incurred when French plantation owners lost access to Haiti’s slave labor. [NEWSDAY, 12/3/2003; MIAMI HERALD, 12/18/2003; BOSTON GLOBE, 1/4/2004]
Entity Tags: US Congress
Timeline Tags: US-Haiti (1804-2005)
http://www.historycommons.org/context.jsp?item=cuba_502
The Haitian Revolution provoked mixed reactions in the United States. Southern Slaveholders feared that the slave revolution might spread from the island of Hispaniola to the slave plantations of the Southern United States. American merchants conducted a substantial trade with the plantations on Hispaniola (aka the French colony of Saint Domingue or Haiti). But there were antislavery advocates in northern cities who believed that consistency with the principles of the American Revolution—life, liberty and equality for all—demanded that the U.S. support the slave insurgents.[1]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_and_the_Haitian_Revolution

There was even another trade boycott as recently as 1993
Two weeks ago, responding to the Haitian generals' retreat from the negotiating table, the United States finally revoked the visas and froze the assets of some of the leaders and backers of the 1991 coup against Jean Bertrand Aristide. Of course, since the Americans had threatened to do this for almost two years, there was not much left to freeze. The United States also agreed to support forthcoming U.N.-enforced petroleum and weapons sanctions against Haiti, after having closed its eyes to the leakiness of the oas-sponsored trade embargo that is theoretically still in effect. Clinton put Marc Bazin, prime minister of the de facto regime, on his assets list, sending a signal that Bazin is no longer the Americans' pet pol. Once he lost his U.S. support, Bazin also lost his military backing and was forced to resign. Now that Haiti has no de facto president or prime minister, the regime is openly military.
http://www.tnr.com/article/politics/love-and-haiti

The U.S. trade embargo that is devastating Haiti's economy is having a severe impact on peasants and slum dwellers, while wealthy merchant and industrialist families that backed the military coup are leaving, relatively unscathed, for their homes in Miami.

At the same time, as preparations for the first face-to-face negotiations among Haitians were underway today in Cartagena, Colombia, the economic sanctions imposed on Haiti by the United States and other regional governments showed no concrete sign of wringing concessions from Haiti's 7,000-man armed forces, which ousted president ,

http://www.encyclopedia.com/doc/1P2-1096700.html

So I don't know what Devil is doing Haiti unless it is the Devil called White Supremacy and Imperialism that for the last 200 years has striven to make sure that Haiti fails, as a matter of policy. Black people must never be seen to have taken their lives into their own hands and succeeded at it. Please tell me now, where is the Devil in all this. I see the devil, He is called Pat Robertson. Satan incarnate. (after all what is satan but the accuser, and he has made accusations).
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by whatawhat: 11:25pm On Jan 17, 2010
heed-[color=#990000][/color]you may think pat r is right, but let me tell you go and research the history of the us and some other western countries and you will be shocked at the one who really made a pact with the devil so take out haiti l can't even imagine myself blaming these poor souls over there for what happened. have you managed to question the eye on the pyramid in the dollar bill. please ignorance is the reason why evil, occultism and voodoo is widespread, b/c we have no knowledge but always quick to listen to these notorious pastors who if they were serious evil will not be so interwoven in society today.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by whatawhat: 11:32pm On Jan 17, 2010
sexywale-l don't know who you're angry with, but the insensitive comments were from robertson not africans, the blacks you mentioned don't like you also and it has nothing to do with africans marginalizing ppl, l don't speak for all africans but l can tell you prejudice was never a part of our society but when l moved here l thought other wise when l found out that some westerners regardless of their race may treat you differently so we should be directing our anger to robertson not africans or nigerians in general.
peace
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by H2O2: 11:33pm On Jan 17, 2010
Princek12:

Voodoo is pervasive in Haiti and, as such, nothing good can arise out of the practice of voodoo.
Evil is pervasive in all nations, as such, nothing good can arise out of all nations . . . . does that logic make sound sense to you?  undecided That assertion fails to establish a nexus between wrongdoing and voodooism. It's a religion to them, just as christianity is a religion to you, islam, etc. There are nefarious christians as there are nefarious voodoo-practitioners.

If for the sake of argument we drag on your reply. . . From reports, 80% of their entire populace are catholic. Should the sliver of voodoo practiced by the minority override the 80% who in your opinion are practitioners of the more commendable religion? And how is that justifiable?
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by whatawhat: 11:34pm On Jan 17, 2010
and by the way-GOD BLESS HAITI
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Princek12(m): 3:19am On Jan 18, 2010
H2O2:

Evil is pervasive in all nations, as such, nothing good can arise out of all nations . . . . does that logic make sound sense to you?  undecided  That assertion fails to establish a nexus between wrongdoing and voodooism.  It's a religion to them, just as christianity is a religion to you, islam, etc.  There are nefarious christians as there are nefarious voodoo-practitioners.

If for the sake of argument we drag on your reply. . .  From reports, 80% of their entire populace are catholic.  Should the sliver of voodoo practiced by the minority override the 80% who in your opinion are practitioners of the more commendable religion?  And how is that justifiable?
You are something else. Why are you twisting my logic and using syllogism in twisting my argument? Did I say nothing good can arise out of all nations, or did I say nothing good can arise out of Haiti? Of course not. And by the way who told you voodoo is pervasive in all nations? Voodoo is openly practiced by too many people in Haiti, and we all know that (at least if you believe in God) that voodoo espouses hatred and evil. So what do you expect from a country in which a catholic priest can preach by day and be a voodoo priest by night, openly.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Princek12(m): 3:28am On Jan 18, 2010
H202
Even if 80% of the population are catholics, a significant percentage within that 80% catholic population also practice voodoo. You cannot concurrently worship God and the devil, no way. Let's call a spade a spade. We have seen how the practice of voodoo can impede the progress of communities such as Abeokuta, Ijebu-Ode, Ifon, and the likes. Instead of bettering yourself, the evil mindset which underlies the practice of voodoo militates towards harming your fellow brethren.

As a christian, I will never sanction the practice of voodoo, but I am not the one to judge whether there is a correlation between the practice of voodoo and the recent disaster plagued Haiti, as well as three Hurricanes that happened last year. Only God knows, but, again, nothing good can arise out of the practice of voodoo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpeLdXeIbwA

this link may put things in perspective.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Princek12(m): 3:46am On Jan 18, 2010
9jaganja:

I guess US also signed a pact with the devil during Katrina. All the countries that ever had earthquake signed a pact with the devil. Even the earthquake in Italy last year. Italy signed a pact with the devil. There is something wrong with you all which only your imaginary friend can solve and since he is only imaginary, then no solution for your head aches.

Geez I wonder why I hate religious folks and their arguments.
U.S. is not under abject poverty like Haiti. Haiti practically has nothing and is too poor for a country located in the western hemisphere. It's other half, the Dominican Republic, has substantially better economic conditions than Haiti.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by whiteroses(f): 3:52am On Jan 18, 2010
but i heared it was caused by US govenment they projected a magnetic machine called haarp that can cause volcano, earthquake and alter weathers. because they wants to destroy black nations and steal its wealth by having to render them powerless and colonizing them again    and that obama is not our friend and part of the scheme and infact hates west africans, na so i hear

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_World_Order_%28conspiracy_theory%29
http://www.getxnews.com/tag/haarp-an-attack-on-haiti/
http://www.theafricanarmy.com/video/553/HAARP-An-attack-on-Haiti
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by H2O2: 4:17am On Jan 18, 2010
Princek12:

H202
Even if 80% of the population are catholics, a significant percentage within that 80% catholic population also practice voodoo. You cannot concurrently worship God and the devil, no way. Let's call a spade a spade.
Since you're inferring here that the 80 - 20 statistical split is intertwined, what discernable explication would you proffer as to why God (our Just, Kind, Righteous, enevolent, Merciful ruler) would usurp the lives of choiceless infants incapable of distinguishing right from wrong, and the lives of the many purely-christian citizens occupying that similar region as the voodooists?

We have seen how the practice of voodoo can impede the progress of communities such as Abeokuta, Ijebu-Ode, Ifon, and the likes. Instead of bettering yourself, the evil mindset which underlies the practice of voodoo militates towards harming your fellow brethren.
Kindly explain how voodooism is responsible for the impedance of the progress of those communities?  Corruption, underdevlopment, and misappropriation of funds could be equally responsible for the abjection and rampancy of poverty in those locations.  Why should we believe Voodoo is responsible and not those other veritable sources?

It would be better to desist from making those inconclusive averments,  at least until you bridge the gap between voodooism, poverty and evil.  Like I opined earlier, there are nefarious christians whose proclivity for evil, destruction, morbid wickedness is demonstrated by their extremism .  Is their interpretation of the bible insignificant or intangible when compared to yours, and why shouldn't you be punished for their atrocities like those innocent individuals whose lives have perished from this disaster?

As a christian, I will never sanction the practice of voodoo, but I am not the one to judge whether there is a correlation between the practice of voodoo and the recent disaster plagued Haiti, as well as three Hurricanes that happened last year. Only God knows, but, again, nothing good can arise out of the practice of voodoo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpeLdXeIbwA

this link may put things in perspective.
This I can acquiesce to.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Princek12(m): 4:43am On Jan 18, 2010
H2O2:

Since you're inferring here that the 80 - 20 statistical split is intertwined, what discernable explication would you proffer as to why God (our Just, Kind, Righteous, enevolent, Merciful ruler) would usurp the lives of choiceless infants incapable of distinguishing right from wrong, and the lives of the many purely-christian citizens occupying that similar region as the voodooists?

It can be explained from the Bible. When God destroyed the earth with a flood, when it rained for forty days and forty nights. Genesis 7:12. Also, even if our God is a merciful God, He is also a consuming fire. Hebrews 12: 28-29. Also, the Bible says for the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God. Hebrews 12:29.

H2O2:

Kindly explain how voodooism is responsible for the impedance of the progress of those communities?  Corruption, underdevlopment, and misappropriation of funds could be equally responsible for the abjection and rampancy of poverty in those locations.  Why should we believe Voodoo is responsible and not those other veritable sources?

It would be better to desist from making those inconclusive averments,  at least until you bridge the gap between voodooism, poverty and evil.  Like I opined earlier, there are nefarious christians whose proclivity for evil, destruction, morbid wickedness is demonstrated by their extremism .  Is their interpretation of the bible insignificant or intangible when compared to yours, and why shouldn't you be punished for their atrocities like those innocent individuals whose lives have perished from this disaster?

You have said it that an extreme christian may have proclivity for evil, but the Bible will not support that evil. People who practice voodoo, on the other hand, are by their very nature intrinsically evil, for the practice of voodoo does not espouse love, peace, but evil, and the voodoo sanctions even the most atrocious and evil act.

If you look at communities that have people who primarily practice voodoo, you will notice that they never really progress and live under the most backward conditions. Again, the practice of voodoo espouses and sanctions hate, murder, and any other heinous acts that you can imagine. Christians and people of other faith, on the other hand, even if they have extremists who may have the proclivity for evil, those people are more or less the exception rather than the rule, and the religion will not sanction such evil acts.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by H2O2: 5:32am On Jan 18, 2010
Princek12:

It can be explained from the Bible. When God destroyed the earth with a flood, when it rained for forty days and forty nights. Genesis 7:12. Also, even if our God is a merciful God, He is also a consuming fire. Hebrews 12: 28-29. Also, the Bible says for the Lord your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God. Hebrews 12:29.
From this submission, we can conclude that we have all made a "pact with the devil" and should be anxiously awaiting the wrath of a fiery God, right?

You have said it that an extreme christian may have proclivity for evil, but that evil will find no support from the Bible.
I disagree.  They support their proclivity for evil using our very same Bible.  You can't preclude their interpretation of the bible just because it doesn't fit your acceptable standards of what christianity curtails.  Those same people are as diabolic as the voodooists you despise, since they somehow derive various means of rationalizing and justifying their morbid, bible-based extremism.  Yet, even though thes epeople exist in abundance, we're not all stereotyping christianity as a religion whose purpose is egregious.

People who are practice voodoo, on the other hand, are by their very nature intrinsically evil, for the practice of voodoo does not espouse love, peace, but evil, and the voodoo sanctions even the most atrocious and evil act. Again, the practice of voodoo espouses and sanctions hate, murder, and any other heinous acts that you can imagine.

Again, I won't subscribe to this tenet until you qualify it with some quality evidence.  I am not repudiating the evident prevalence of evil-doers among voodooists, but that should not lead to the uninformed conclusion that voodooism was engendered to serve evil.  There are those who manipulate those practices to sate their propensity for wrongdoing, like I stated earlier.

If you look at communities that have people who primarily practice voodoo, you will notice that they never really progress and live under the most backward conditions.

Please refer to my earlier riposte in response to this inference you've made.  I don't want to embark on an extraneous circular argument.

Kindly explain how voodooism is responsible for the impedance of the progress of those communities?  Corruption, underdevlopment, and misappropriation of funds could be equally responsible for the abjection and rampancy of poverty in those locations.  Why should we believe Voodoo is responsible and not those other veritable sources?

It would be better to desist from making those inconclusive averments,  at least until you bridge the gap between voodooism, poverty and evil.

Christians and people of other faith, on the other hand, even if they have extremists who may have the proclivity for evil, those people are more or less the exception rather than the rule, and the religion will not sanction such evil acts
This is irrelevant.  Be consistent! There are people who live in predominantly christian communities where hate is pervasive, so is murder, robbery and other heinous crimes imaginable, in addition to them sanctioning their annihilation of defenseless lives under the name of God with their religious wars.  Under an argument similar to the one you spewed earlier, those nations should also be living in trepidation because God will allegedly soon descend on those lands and consume them with fire to rid them from evil.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by H2O2: 5:51am On Jan 18, 2010
Princek12:

You are something else. Why are you twisting my logic and using syllogism in twisting my argument? Did I say nothing good can arise out of all nations, or did I say nothing good can arise out of Haiti? Of course not. And by the way who told you voodoo is pervasive in all nations? Voodoo is openly practiced by too many people in Haiti, and we all know that (at least if you believe in God) that voodoo espouses hatred and evil. So what do you expect from a country in which a catholic priest can preach by day and be a voodoo priest by night, openly.
Prince, prince, prince please try to keep up. I am not a wuru-wuru doctor, and I have no interest in twisting your words for my gainful amusement. Proper analogies are valid in argument.

Point of correction, I wrote "evil is pervasive in all nations," not "voodoo is pervasive in all nations" .

You insinuated emphatically that nothing good can come out of voodoo, and I buttressed your point by informing you that nothing good comes out of evil either. Drawing on my previous comment once again, that'sextraneous information that fails to establish why Haiti is deserving of this disaster.

Furthermore, prince, we both know that deficient minds will latch on to inept pontifications like this one made by Pat Roberson, because they don't have the perspective to understand that natural disasters are an unfortunate part of life. Piffles like Pat Robertson's are schadenfreudes, which exist to divide and infuriate people.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Princek12(m): 6:33am On Jan 18, 2010
H2O2:

Prince, prince, prince please try to keep up.  I am not a wuru-wuru doctor, and I have no interest in twisting your words for my gainful amusement.  Proper analogies are valid in argument.

Point of correction, I wrote "evil is pervasive in all nations," not "voodoo is pervasive in all nations" .

You insinuated emphatically that nothing good can come out of voodoo, and I buttressed your point by informing you that nothing good comes out of evil either.  Drawing on my previous comment once again, that'sextraneous information that fails to establish why Haiti is deserving of this disaster.

Furthermore, prince, we both know that deficient minds will latch on to inept pontifications like this one made by Pat Roberson, because they don't have the perspective to understand that natural disasters are an unfortunate part of life.  Piffles like Pat Robertson's are schadenfreudes, which exist to divide and infuriate people.

I do understand that natural disasters are a point of life, but I did not consider the natural disaster in and of itself in stating that there may be a link between the prevalence of voodoo and Haiti's problem. I looked at Haiti's history of extreme economic turmoil, the string of Hurricanes and flooding that devastated Haiti last year, and this current 7.0 earthquake in purporting that there may be a link.

Concededly, other economic factors like corruption and mismanagement are equally compelling reasons for impeding economic advancement, but that by no means precludes the possibility that the prevalence of voodoo as an equally compelling reason for the impedance of economic progress.  For example, if you go to a witch doctor to pray for prosperity, it is not uncommon for the witch doctor to ask you to bring your child or parent as a sacrifice. Since I am not God and do not know the reason why this disaster struck Haiti, either of the foregoing reasons could be responsible for stunting Haiti's economic growth and the earthquake, but only God knows why Haiti has suffered from this severe natural disasters, which we can conclusively say are not attributable to other economic factors like corruption but attributable to the unknown. 

Like I said earlier, I cannot adduce any concrete reason why Haiti is deserving of this disaster because I am not God, but I do know that God has once sent a flood to destroy the earth, and only He knows why a disaster of this magnitude as well as the floods happened to Haiti.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by Kilode1: 6:38am On Jan 18, 2010
@ princek12

I watched your youtube link and  it further proves there is nothing devilish about voodoo, I mean, boy goes mad, voodoo priest who is also a business man by day diagnosed his problem and attempted to cure him through his faith and beliefs, what is evil or devilish in that?? please do tell.    even the spirit that was allegedly speaking through the voodoo priest was scolding the boys father for not taking care of him and making the necessary sacrifices required by his religion.

The retributive God that Pat Robertson claims he serves clearly does the same thing -punishes the sins of some people on thousands of innocent children. how is that different? BTW I do not see the human blood-drinking sacrifices you voodoo haters always scream about.

I see no difference between the voodoo priest's failed attempt to cure a mentally disturbed boy and the same spiritual "incantations" and attempts that goes on in our churches everyday -where pastors try to heal sick folks, is that evil also? These people need to be taken to an hospital or doctor period!

Reason needs to triumph over stupid religious emotions and silly fanaticism both in Haiti, Nigeria and at Pat Robertsons Church. Let's not give a dog a bad name just because we want to kill it -voodoo religion has not exhibited any evil that is verifiable through what you provided. I do not see the evil you are so sure of, and I'm still looking for the evidence that shows how the practice of voodoo [b]"espouses and sanctions hate, murder, and any other heinous acts"[b] I mean are we still talking about voodoo or some terrorist folks undecided

Your claim that Abeokuta is not progressive because of voodoo is unfortunate indeed.  I doubt if you know anything about the history of Abeokuta, or the importance of that city-state not just in Yoruba/Nigerian history but to the history of black folks worldwide. Same Abeokuta that gave us the first Nobel laureate from Black Africa?(Soyinka, BTW is not a Christian apologist to say the least) plus the Kutis?  

I hold brief for no religion,  but I detest this continuous attempt to discredit one religion while accommodating the same silly practices in another, the earlier we Africans raise reason above emotions, the better for us.
Re: Haiti's Earth Quake Occured Because Haiti Signed A Pack With The Devil by H2O2: 7:51am On Jan 18, 2010
Princek12:

I do understand that natural disasters are a point of life, but I did not consider the natural disaster in and of itself in stating that there may be a link between the prevalence of voodoo and Haiti's problem.
Yes, perhaps there's exists a connection we're unaware of - only God knows.  My argument is that it should be presented as such, and not as a factual absolute statement like "voodooism is responsible" -  I'm not putting  the onus of that comment on you by the way.

I looked at Haiti's history of extreme economic turmoil, the string of Hurricanes and flooding that devastated Haiti last year, and this current 7.0 earthquake in purporting that there may be a link.
That's why I believe it's more palpable to refrain from the previous unproven conjectures. Subjugation by foreign invaders could also have been responsible for their economic problems.

Concededly, other economic factors like corruption and mismanagement are equally compelling reasons for impeding economic advancement, but that by no means precludes the possibility that the prevalence of voodoo as an equally compelling reason for the impedance of economic progress.  For example, if you go to a witch doctor to pray for prosperity, it is not uncommon for the witch doctor to ask you to bring your child or parent as a sacrifice. Since I am not God and do not know the reason why this disaster struck Haiti, either of the foregoing reasons could be responsible for stunting Haiti's economic growth and the earthquake, but only God knows why Haiti has suffered from this severe natural disasters, which we can conclusively say are not attributable to other economic factors like corruption but attributable to the unknown. 
Exactly!  This I can accede to.  It's easy to be presumptive, but better to err on the side of caution when commenting on sensitive, serious issues.

Like I said earlier, I cannot adduce any concrete reason why Haiti is deserving of this disaster because I am not God, but I do know that God has once sent a flood to destroy the earth, and only He knows why a disaster of this magnitude as well as the floods happened to Haiti.
I wouldn't say they are "deserving of disaster" per-se, but I agree with all else you have said. 

Just like yourself, I am a christian.  wink
Thanks for the interesting conversation  smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Daddy “G.O.” Freeze & The Division In Nigerian Church (part 1) / Shiloh 2020 Begins Today, 7pm / What Is Your Understanding Of Sabbath?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.