Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,469 members, 7,816,107 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:01 AM

While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped (5783 Views)

Lack Of Electricity Has Helped In Creating Jobs(pics) / Britain Has Helped Us To ‘touch The Untouchables’, Says Magu / Tiv Nation Has Been Betrayed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by bluespice(f): 6:02am On Jan 15, 2010
china is regarded as a developing country, so is india.
that said,
aloy*emeka:

Did any of you see this?
ROFLMAO! The vatican always amuses me at odd times
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by Oba234: 6:10am On Jan 15, 2010
so, you want Nigeria to help a country on the other side of the world, when they won't even do the same thing for their citizens. Charity begins at home. Majority of Nigeria's population live below the poverty level. We don't have adequate healthcare. People die of curable diseases every day in Nigeria. Nobody knows where the damn president is. To pull it blatantly, We need Help. Don't try to pick the prick out of you neighbor's eye, when you have prick in your own eye.

I believe every country should help as much as they can, but I am not suprise many African countries are not helping. We are a mess. We can get our act together. I don't think Nigerian leaders see this as a black, issue, white issues, etc. We have all this money, yet we are still poor. Abeg what is the point of the wealth in the country if the average citizen is not enjoying it.

China is a powerhouse. It is definitely not a third world and it's not even a second world.
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by Oba234: 6:13am On Jan 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Whose money will you be donating? Money generated primarily from the Niger Delta or which one? You wan make MEND begin dey yari again?? Roflmao!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by Kobojunkie: 6:17am On Jan 15, 2010
Oba234:

China is a powerhouse. It is definitely not a third world and it's not even a second world.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/8035906.stm
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by bluespice(f): 6:22am On Jan 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

this is a country that still receives hundreds of millions of dollars in aid from Western countries.
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by SEFAGO(m): 6:26am On Jan 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

As usual british propaganda. China is quite Ok, 1 billion people to feed vs. 60 million brits in which 50 million are anorexic white people.

Did I hear someone say "the Dragon" is a third world country.
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by Oba234: 6:28am On Jan 15, 2010
well I think this quote summarize what China is "China's not a normal country - it's a huge empire, it's like the first world, the second world and the third world co-exist together"

China is working hard to become a power house and one of the first requirement of being a power house is for you presence to be felt on the international age and they are doing a pretty good job. Whethey they receive aid or not is not an issue, They are a force to reckon with on the international stage. I dont know any third world or second world on their level?
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by bawomolo(m): 6:32am On Jan 15, 2010
Nigeria isn't a wealthy country when you consider per capita income.
we are overpopulated. We don't have a presence in haiti either
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by bluespice(f): 6:37am On Jan 15, 2010
Oba234:

well I think this quote summarize what China is "China's not a normal country - it's a huge empire, it's like the first world, the second world and the third world co-exist together"

China is working hard to become a power house and one of the first requirement of being a power house is for you presence to be felt on the international age and they are doing a pretty good job. Whethey they receive aid or not is not an issue, They are a force to reckon with on the international stage. I dont know any third world or second world on their level?
that's why it isn't called a 3rd world country, but a developing country
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by chiogo(f): 6:41am On Jan 15, 2010
^ I always heard it referred to as that too. A developing country can't be 3rd world.
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by Nobody: 6:52am On Jan 15, 2010
I assume black nations must be helping under the auspices of various international organizations.
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by bluespice(f): 6:54am On Jan 15, 2010
yeah most probably
red cross at least
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by SEFAGO(m): 6:58am On Jan 15, 2010
chiogo:

^ I always heard it referred to as that too. A developing country can't be 3rd world.

Most people are getting the terms wrongly. Third world country and developing country are the same. No difference, so calling china a developing country and not a third world country doesn't make sense
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by chiogo(f): 7:00am On Jan 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

Most people are getting the terms wrongly. Third world country and developing country are the same. No difference, so calling china a developing country and not a third world country doesn't make sense
So what is Nigeria?
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by oyinda3(f): 7:02am On Jan 15, 2010
i think the classification is this:

i think third world countries are a type of developing country. so all third world countries are developing countries but not all developing countries are third world countries. china seem to me to be a second world developing country.

us - first world (developed)
china - second world (developing)
nigeria - third world (developing)

@chiogo, "developing" is a politically correct word that replaced "under developed" a while ago.
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 15, 2010
oyinda.:

us - first world (developed)
china - second world (developing)
nigeria - third world (developing)

shocked shocked shocked shocked grin
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by SEFAGO(m): 7:05am On Jan 15, 2010
chiogo:

So what is Nigeria?

Developing too according to the human development index. There is no such thing as second world country economically speaking. First world, second world and third world where formed during the cold war- First world is US, UK and western Europe and their allies, Second world is the Eastern bloc communist countries and the third world is China and the rest.

However, Economically China falls under the highly industrialized country list
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by SEFAGO(m): 7:07am On Jan 15, 2010
Technically Developing country has replaced third world in politic speak as a form of political correctness. But they are the same thing usually.
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by chiogo(f): 7:08am On Jan 15, 2010
oyinda.:

i think the classification is this:

i think third world countries are a type of developing country. so all third world countries are developing countries but not all developing countries are third world countries. china seem to me to be a second world developing country.
True say. I'll give it 2nd world seeing as they're way ahead of Nigeria.  undecided

SEFAGO:

However, Economically China falls under the highly industrialized country list
Exactly. Well, basically if you aren't first world, then you're 'developing', doesn't make 'em third world though.
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by SEFAGO(m): 7:10am On Jan 15, 2010
True say. I'll give it 2nd world seeing as they're way ahead of Nigeria.

Oh my, there is really no such thing as second world in terms of economy. Second world country is a political term smiley
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by bluespice(f): 7:10am On Jan 15, 2010
chiogo:

True say. I'll give it 2nd world seeing as they're way ahead of Nigeria.  undecided
Exactly. Well, basically if you aren't first world, then you're 'developing', doesn't make 'em third world though.

highly industrialised developing country is just right.
You can't forget the abject poverty a sizeable number of chinese still live in, granted their population is generally high, but percentages. . .
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by oyinda3(f): 7:12am On Jan 15, 2010
yeah i guess. china not really considered third world though . maybe it is, maybe it's not.  but it's definitely a developing country.
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by chiogo(f): 7:13am On Jan 15, 2010
LOLOL Ok guys, sheesh.
I get it now, took a while though  tongue

All I know is that China is better than Nigeria economically.
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by SEFAGO(m): 7:16am On Jan 15, 2010
chiogo:

LOLOL Ok guys, sheesh.
I get it now, took a while though  tongue

All I know is that China is better than Nigeria economically.

And probably in a better position that most of the "developed" countries. I have always been interested in the chinese government model though, reminds me of Singapore and their rise from developing to a developed country. Tells you democracy is really not the best form of government.

Now back to Haiti noteworthy for being the black revolutionists
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by bawomolo(m): 7:19am On Jan 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

And probably in a better position that most of the "developed" countries. I have always been interested in the chinese government model though, reminds me of Singapore and their rise from developing to a developed country. Tells you democracy is really not the best form of government.

economic success in china shouldn't be mistaken for political stability. unrest among Chinese Muslims, Tibetans and impoverished Chinese in the countryside shows this. The chinese communist party can't suppress dissidents forever.
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by bluespice(f): 7:20am On Jan 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

until greed crippled their economy

bears a certain resemblance to a country i call mother land
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by oyinda3(f): 7:21am On Jan 15, 2010
haiti haiti haiti. i say it with sadness
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by chiogo(f): 7:22am On Jan 15, 2010
SEFAGO:

Well, it would be if who the people looked up to lived up to expectations.

Isn't Haiti the first Black nation to gain independence from France or something? Well then, it's what is achieved with the independence that matters.
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by oyinda3(f): 7:25am On Jan 15, 2010
Tells you democracy is really not the best form of government.

democracy is the best form of goverment. just that there are different ways to have it. ie there is no one size fit all democracy for all countries. but america doesn't understand that. they always wanna have it their way.
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by No2Atheism(m): 7:31am On Jan 15, 2010
bawomolo:

Nigeria isn't a wealthy country when you consider per capita income.
we are overpopulated. We don't have a presence in haiti either

how are we over populated exactly . . . is that ur opinion backed up with facrs or is that wat the west says . . .
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by SEFAGO(m): 7:34am On Jan 15, 2010
bawomolo:

economic success in china shouldn't be mistaken for political stability.  unrest among Chinese Muslims, Tibetans and impoverished Chinese in the countryside shows this.  The chinese communist party can't suppress dissidents forever.

But that's the point. Civil unrest in china is quelled not just by the Government but the rising standard of living especially in Mainland China. Agreed there is a large number of impoverished chinese but more and ore of them are moving into the middle class. The communist government in China can continue because they are able to yield economic growth despite having bad human rights records and poor treatment of their minorities. This was not the case for example in the communist bloc in which standards of living were falling significantly despite communism.

bluespice:

until greed crippled their economy

bears a certain resemblance to a country i call mother land

I think more than greed crippled their economic. More of a combination of neighboring countries such as America unwilling to support this new black republic and respect its sovereignty and also yes the greed of the ruling class in Haiti. Thats actually the main reason why Haiti probably supported Biafra, because they saw something similar between Biafra and Haiti, alienation caused by a desire for freedom from oppression.
Re: While The World Helps Haiti, Not One Black African Nation Has Helped by chiogo(f): 7:38am On Jan 15, 2010
We are kinda over populated, what's the pop. 150 million? Compared to Haiti, Cape Verde, Jamaica, Trini, etc
Well, that kinda provides an excuse for the poverty even though it's still the government's greed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Revenue Received By Governor Peter Obi Of Anambra State. / Let's Drop Some NTOOORR For Ameachi!! / #breakingnews: Founder Of Omega Fire Ministry Has Been Arrested By DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.