Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,959 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:04 AM

KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos (53161 Views)

Ola Oyeshina: LASTMA Officer Before And After Being Stoned (photo) / Man Stoned To Death By His Neighbours In Ogun State / Kidnappers Who Abducted 4-Year-Old Child Stoned To Death By Angry Mob. Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by sukkot: 9:39am On May 25, 2017
was he on the road to damascus ?
Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by intruxive(m): 9:41am On May 25, 2017
So ipob street hawkers have resorted to killing law enforcement agents in lagos ba. After their brothers will come crying of deportation

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by eebraa(m): 9:43am On May 25, 2017
This is unacceptable.Street hawking must be banned for good

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by Alariwo2: 9:43am On May 25, 2017
EvilMetahuman:
what disgusts me most is what those flatr0n are even saying.

Imagine saying the kai gra gra too much, hence they deserve to be stoned to death.

Imagine if the story had been, two hausas stoned a igbo policeman for trying to arrest their cattle, the internet will be on fire now.

I really pity a yoruba man that is yet to wake up and see the flat head jew for what they really are.

Don't mind them..
Very hostile set who enjoy doing to others what they can't tolerate.

Eyes don open now. They will soon feel the heat

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by ifyalways(f): 9:45am On May 25, 2017
How come Kia only Arrests street hawkers but turn a blind eye to street beggars and touts?

Ain't they all same group : road menace? Why arrest those trying to earn a living and leave the parasites?

3 Likes

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by Airtimex(m): 9:45am On May 25, 2017
I never knew only igbos hawk in Lagos shocked

2 Likes

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by Ahmeduana(m): 9:46am On May 25, 2017
Lanretoye:
did he die?,chai!
someone that left his house for work this morning...dear God on that day thet we will leave our various houses for work and never return,let one bad running stomach just abort our movement like unwanted pregnancy for that day like it did today for me.
i know some people will not say amen.
IF RUNNING STOMACH COME KILL THE PERSON NKO? IN LIFE WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE ONE WAY OR THE OTHER, THAT IS INEVITABILITY OF LIFE, MAY WE NOT DIE A PAINFUL DEATH.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by Jabioro: 9:49am On May 25, 2017
Give a total, non tolerance attention to street trading.. how can kill someone breadwinner for such..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by aduje(m): 9:49am On May 25, 2017
Occupational Hazard...One thing must kill a man. R.I.P Moshood Ayeni.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by Jakama90(m): 9:50am On May 25, 2017
fuckerstard:
RIP bro.

These street trader that sells stuff in traffic are always ready to cause havoc, LASG should arrest them all and jail them. Most of them have weapons and they rob at nights.

I was driving on Ozumba Mbadiwe one hot afternoon, this angry looking street hawker intentionally hit my side view mirror and i pulled over to teach him a lesson. To my surprise the guy didn't feel sorry and was ready to fight me , the moment i saw his fellows drawing close i just drove off.

They are very mean.
You for hear am...
Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by Nobody: 9:51am On May 25, 2017
angry
Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by hahn(m): 9:51am On May 25, 2017
Lanretoye:
did he die?,chai!
someone that left his house for work this morning...dear God on that day thet we will leave our various houses for work and never return,let one bad running stomach just abort our movement like unwanted pregnancy for that day like it did today for me.
i know some people will not say amen

Why should anyone say amen when the kai official said the same prayer before leaving the house but died

Obviously praying is useless

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by Nobody: 9:54am On May 25, 2017
Jakama90:

You for hear am...

As a sharp lagos guy, i don calculate the risk fast fast. I quickly jump back into my AC chilling and speed off.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by Nobody: 9:59am On May 25, 2017
All these Abakaliki go-slow hawkers self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by Ndissle(m): 10:04am On May 25, 2017
Hello everyone!!!!! ...For those that reside in LAGOS and you have any problems with your MOBILE PHONES whether it is BLACKBERRY, TECNO, NOKIA, SAMSUNG, IPHONES, INFINIX, ITEL PHONES, No matter the model and the fault is has, whether screen problem, charging port, camera not responding, broken screen or touchpad, whether ur phone doesn't boot well (stopping at tecno logo or infinix logo etc),or it gets hot, any problems at all you are faced with and you want fast repairs without the hustles, you can reach me via 0. 8. 0. 3. 8. 6. 0. 3. 9. 9. 4.. for repairs. And I also use the same number for whatsapp. I work at computer village and i make sure that you get your phone fixed the same day.

1 Like

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by Princessgrace(f): 10:05am On May 25, 2017
Paulpaulpaul:
RIP to the dead

Those people though, they sabi collect bribe!

Always intimidating frustrated citizens.
not just citizens my brother, its mainly targeted at the non Yoruba's trading in Lagos. Nonsense!!
Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by jnrbayano(m): 10:09am On May 25, 2017
fuckerstard:
RIP bro.

These street trader that sells stuff in traffic are always ready to cause havoc, LASG should arrest them all and jail them. Most of them have weapons and they rob at nights.

I was driving on Ozumba Mbadiwe one hot afternoon, this angry looking street hawker intentionally hit my side view mirror and i pulled over to teach him a lesson. To my surprise the guy didn't feel sorry and was ready to fight me , the moment i saw his fellows drawing close i just drove off.

They are very mean.

Lesson teacher.

Na dem for teach you that lesson

2 Likes

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by fatiaforreal: 10:09am On May 25, 2017
This is a civilized part of the country. If it were to be in the eastern part of the country, the cry would have been the killing of an igboman. This is an opportunity for you bigots to learn to be objective. I have no doubt the victim was killed purely out of anger by street hawkers who incidentally are igbo and the victim is a Yoruba. This situation is a mere coincidence, it is not an ethnic problem but a purely criminal case of murder. So, when it happens to you, don't shout they're killing igbos, learn to be reasonable like the Yorubas.

1 Like

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by ralph28(m): 10:10am On May 25, 2017
Hmm, they just encreased their frustrations.
Do your Lawful business within the confines of the Law.
Stoning the officer will it grantee your freedom to hawk in government house ?
Let's wise up.

Finish what you have started by stoning those that sent them on that duty.

R. I. P. Mr man.

My pain is that, the government may not remember that you died in active service.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by tete7000(m): 10:11am On May 25, 2017
fuckerstard:
RIP bro.

They are very mean.

Sadly that's what our society turn people to. Demoralised, brutalised, hungry and hopeless, people will be willing to vent their anger on anyone. Making obnoxious laws that deprive people of their basic means of survival when you haven't provided them with alternatives only worsen situation. Laws must be made to have human face. Those enforcing the law must do so with measure of compassion. When I see how lastma and kai guys go about their duties, I always say it is a matter of time before some of them suffer mob action. I have since read lastma guys lynched and now a kai guy stoned to death. When people are pushed to the walls they fight back. I am not an advocate of violence but truth be told Lagos laws are wicked and obnoxious. What is it with all those senseless N100,000 fines for stopping to drop someone on the road? What is it with an hawker being fined N50,000 for hawking when all the worth of his/her ware is not more than N5,000? I have personally paid more than N60,000 for having my vehicle towed away for parking in a place not designated an so park zone(a service lane). That day I was angry and bitter. My day was spoiled and I was made to cough out senseless fine I didn't budget for. You think everyone can afford that? I think they say justice demands that fines commensurate with offence? How did Fashola ( a Senior lawyer for that matter) and Ambode arrive at their own outrageous fines? Who told them it is magnitude of fines that deter crimes? If that is the case all the hawkers suppose to have vanished from our roads. The truth is our government is not looking for effective solution to some of these humanitarian crisis and we all end up being victims of its consequence. An hungry man will always remain an angry man. Play safe, avoid angry and frustrated people.

2 Likes

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by I888(m): 10:12am On May 25, 2017
fuckerstard:
RIP bro.

They are very mean.

Why won't they be mean? Haven't they been pushed to the wall enough by the country they call their fatherland?

You should tested their mettle and see If you won't end up like the KAI official.
Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by I888(m): 10:13am On May 25, 2017
tete7000:

Sadly that's what our society turn people to. Demoralised, blutalised, hungry and hopeless, people will be willing to vent their anger on anyone. Making obnoxious law that deprive people of their basic means of survival when you haven't provided them with alternatives only worsen situation. Laws must be made to have human face. Those enforcing the law must do so with measure of compassion. When I see how lastma and kai guys go about their duties, I always say it is a matter of time before some of them suffer mob action. I have since read lastma guys lynched and now a kai guy stoned to death. When people are pushed to the walls they fight back. I am not an advocate of violence but truth be told Lagos laws are wicked and obnoxious. What is it with all those senseless N100,000 fines for stopping to drop someone on the road? What is it with an hawker being fined N50,000 for hawking when all the worth of his/her ware is not more than N5,000? I think they say justice demands that fines commensurate with offence? How did Fashola ( a Senior lawyer for that matter) and Ambode arrive at their own outrageous fines? Who told them it is magnitude of fines that deter crimes? If that is the case all the hawkers suppose to have vanished from our road. The truth is our government is not looking for effective solution to some of these humanitarian crisis and we all end up being victims of its consequence. An hungry man will always remain an angry man. Play safe, avoid angry and frustrated people.

Well said. Thank you for educating the dude.

1 Like

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by Maximus85(m): 10:13am On May 25, 2017
joshkiddies:
A KAI official (Kick Against Indiscipline ), Moshood Ayeni, lost his life after angry hawkers who reacted to the arrest of their mates Jeremiah Nnana and Orich Nwofokoh who displayed their wares in traffic, stoned the deceased and his team at Iyana-Oworo area of Lagos.

In the press statement released by the agency’s spokesperson, Alabi Rahmat, it was gathered that the mob pelted the KAI official vehicle with stones, one of which hit the deceased and fell him from the moving vehicle.

“The enforcement officials were returning from an assignment when they saw the traders and tried to do their jobs. They saw the traders hawking in traffic by Car Wash and arrested Jeremiah Nnana and Orich Nwofokoh both selling sausage and phone accessories.
The suspects were taken into the agency’s vehicle marked KRD643DS. Suddenly their colleagues, who had escaped came back and pelted the officials with stones. The hawkers started shouting and calling the KAI officials thief.
The stones thrown by the rampaging hawkers hit the victim on his head inside the vehicle and he fell down and became unconscious” she said.

She further disclosed that the victim was rushed to the state’s emergency centre, where he was referred to the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) but was pronounced dead on arrival.

According to The Nation, KAI’s Marshal General, Jimoh Amusat, also condemned the act, noting that the deceased was only doing his lawful duty.

http://lailasblog.com/2017/05/kai-official-stoned-death-hawkers-lagos.html

Lalasticlala

See as dem paint the KAI guys like saints. Bunch of criminals. Lawful duties to extort innocent hustlers.

1 Like

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by technicallyrich(m): 10:16am On May 25, 2017
Let them stone him to death.is there any job in the country so why disturb people who are doing the little they can with the capital they have.those of you. Shoutin igbos leave lagos let them leave our oil alone first and see how they can survive.
He deserves it a lesson for others.
Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by fineEagle: 10:20am On May 25, 2017
shocked
Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by Maximus85(m): 10:24am On May 25, 2017
tete7000:

Sadly that's what our society turn people to. Demoralised, blutalised, hungry and hopeless, people will be willing to vent their anger on anyone. Making obnoxious law that deprive people of their basic means of survival when you haven't provided them with alternatives only worsen situation. Laws must be made to have human face. Those enforcing the law must do so with measure of compassion. When I see how lastma and kai guys go about their duties, I always say it is a matter of time before some of them suffer mob action. I have since read lastma guys lynched and now a kai guy stoned to death. When people are pushed to the walls they fight back. I am not an advocate of violence but truth be told Lagos laws are wicked and obnoxious. What is it with all those senseless N100,000 fines for stopping to drop someone on the road? What is it with an hawker being fined N50,000 for hawking when all the worth of his/her ware is not more than N5,000? I think they say justice demands that fines commensurate with offence? How did Fashola ( a Senior lawyer for that matter) and Ambode arrive at their own outrageous fines? Who told them it is magnitude of fines that deter crimes? If that is the case all the hawkers suppose to have vanished from our road. The truth is our government is not looking for effective solution to some of these humanitarian crisis and we all end up being victims of its consequence. An hungry man will always remain an angry man. Play safe, avoid angry and frustrated people.

I salute your intelligence sir. They want hawkers who are victims of the govts bad economic policies out of the streets, people who wouldnt become criminals just to feed. And they will allow the criminals in uniforms to continue harassing, extorting and killing innocent citizens, Namely, The Police and those useless agberos.

Tell us, which law says motorist should pay Vio, Lasma and DPos on every trip they make? When someone called this country a Zoo some people are shouting. Motorists pay up to N7000 each day to these criminals, they will buy fuel, and also deliver. Tell me, one day when a driver gets frustrated and kill a policeman standing on the road to collect bribe.....One mad man will now come to tell us the policeman was carrying out his lawful duties, abi?

I salute our law makers.

1 Like

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by Nobody: 10:24am On May 25, 2017
I888:

Why won't they be mean? Haven't they been pushed to the wall enough by the country they call their fatherland?

You should tested their mettle and see If you won't end up like the KAI official.

Haba you dey wish me death with style o.
Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by Nobody: 10:26am On May 25, 2017
I dont think the person who threw that stone knows he has committed murder. Some of us walk around the world ignorant of the fact that we have killed someone. We should try to obey the local laws.

Sad fact.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by do4luv14(m): 10:33am On May 25, 2017
First of all rest in peace to the dead

I understand the attitude and actions off the hawkers,
for those of you calling for their continually arrest and jail, should first put yourself in, their shoe,

furthermore, what you should be asking is what happen to the good seized, i can tell you, its always shared between those officers, hence the grievance of correction he hawkers,

cos most of them survives and caters for their families thri it,
Re: KAI Official Stoned To Death By Hawkers In Lagos by agitator: 10:35am On May 25, 2017
one brown rf goliatth down. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Fulani Herdsmen killed Over 86 People In Plateau – Miyetti Allah / Hushpuppi Still Committing Internet Fraud In Prison; Stole $429,800 - U.S / Police Arrest Ogun Landlord Who Tied Up 11-year-old Twins Like Goats (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.