Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,372 members, 7,815,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:25 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents (53040 Views)

This Is How Food Items Are Distributed In Rwanda - Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala / Andy Uba Stops At Uga, Takes Lunch With Pupils Of Girls High School Uga / Dino Melaye Having Lunch With His Family (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by femolii: 1:05pm On May 26, 2017
short woman.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by vecman22(m): 1:07pm On May 26, 2017
IamPragmatic:

And you're from where pls, anu mpam, anu ofia

Igbos are all donkeys
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by yinkslinks(m): 1:48pm On May 26, 2017
Kemi Afonja should come get some lesson from Mama Ipod

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by jchioma: 2:02pm On May 26, 2017
Na wa for this afonja/flattie war o!

Is it not taking sanity away from the fact that come to think of it,
whether Ngozi Okonjo-iweala or Akin Adesina, Nigeria is being represented positively here? undecided
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by tifany89(m): 2:07pm On May 26, 2017
naijacampu:

Here they go, Delta, the latest tribe in Africa!

Buhari is not a Fulani, he's a 'Katinan'.
Obasanjo is not a Yoruba, he's an 'Ogun'.
Kanu is not Igbo, he's 'Abian'.

I wonder what mama Okonji was before the creation of Delta State? 'Bendelian' perhaps.
Before the creation of Bendel State nko? 'Mid Western' I guess.

You lots ascribed Igbo man to be the leader of the first military coup but will jump to Igbo talents in Delta State.

Simpleton like you will not refer yourself to your state but afonjo.
Cone headed expelled space rats are the most envious losers on earth.
Lord akant take it. Damn, u Bro is true definition of savage

3 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by tifany89(m): 2:11pm On May 26, 2017
Kathmandu:
You can't feel her impact because you are a dependant but try to ask your parent if their purchasing power was same then and now
So many savages on this thread. That guy has been spanked left ,right and centre

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by Deeldorado: 2:27pm On May 26, 2017
Okonjo Iweala committed economic genocide in her second coming as a public servant in Nigeria. Nigeria's resources were mismanaged and pilfered under her watch as Co-ordinating Minister under a feeble President Jonathan.

Her first attempt at public service was much more fruitful. And that was because there was an array of experts who did the job behind the scenes - Soludo at CBN, Ezekwesili at BPP, El Rufai at BPE, Nuhu Ribadu at EFCC, Nenadi Usman and Steve Oronsaye and under a more capable leadership of President Obasanjo. That was the golden era of public reforms in Nigeria in the current democratic dispensation.

In her second coming, the people that did the underground work were no longer there and President Jonathan himself was not visionary and did not provide political support. The right thing to do would have been to resign but she was enjoying the Co-ordinating Minister title, played along and fumbled at the end of the day.

Even if she sits with 100 presidents, it does not negate the fact that her second coming in public service in Nigeria was a disaster. She has acknowledged this fact herself.

People should learn to make objective assessments based on competence and not primordial attachments.

That I am Igbo does not mean that I should cover the truth when I see it.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by donqx: 2:48pm On May 26, 2017
Ha
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by efewizey(m): 4:29pm On May 26, 2017
[quote author=Kathmandu post=56886947] She is deltan? Is delta a tribe? How did you get to this stage with such ignorance

abeg were u see deltan?must you comment?shei dont increase my anger

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by Nobody: 4:35pm On May 26, 2017
[quote author=efewizey post=56902256][/quote] Go back to your hole
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by Nobody: 5:13pm On May 26, 2017
caracas:
all this olodos enh is delta a tribe?

Omowe agba! you guys are insufferable boorish thoughtless loose canon!
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 26, 2017
tifany89:

So many savages on this thread. That guy has been spanked left ,right and centre

Seem the guy has been hitting a raw and sensitive spot in you guys rotten teeth, It hurts I guess.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by amarachi06(f): 9:24pm On May 26, 2017
naijacampu:
Who doesn't know that she's from Ugwachi-Uku in Delta State? Her husband, Dr. Ikemba Iweala is from Umuahia, Abia State not Imo.
Ogwashi-Uku and tx for your info
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by amarachi06(f): 9:24pm On May 26, 2017
naijacampu:
Who doesn't know that she's from Ugwachi-Uku in Delta State? Her husband, Dr. Ikemba Iweala is from Umuahia, Abia State not Imo.
Ogwashi-Uku and tx for your info
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by sanpipita(m): 9:40am On May 27, 2017
Deeldorado:
Okonjo Iweala committed economic genocide in her second coming as a public servant in Nigeria. Nigeria's resources were mismanaged and pilfered under her watch as Co-ordinating Minister under a feeble President Jonathan.

Her first attempt at public service was much more fruitful. And that was because there was an array of experts who did the job behind the scenes - Soludo at CBN, Ezekwesili at BPP, El Rufai at BPE, Nuhu Ribadu at EFCC, Nenadi Usman and Steve Oronsaye and under a more capable leadership of President Obasanjo. That was the golden era of public reforms in Nigeria in the current democratic dispensation.

In her second coming, the people that did the underground work were no longer there and President Jonathan himself was not visionary and did not provide political support. The right thing to do would have been to resign but she was enjoying the Co-ordinating Minister title, played along and fumbled at the end of the day.

Even if she sits with 100 presidents, it does not negate the fact that her second coming in public service in Nigeria was a disaster. She has acknowledged this fact herself.

People should learn to make objective assessments based on competence and not primordial attachments.

Funny you had to tell us you are Igbo, did anyone ask you? continue pretending what you are not
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by Deeldorado: 5:46am On May 31, 2017
sanpipita:

Funny you had to tell us you are Igbo, did anyone ask you? continue pretending what you are not

I had to say it because it now appears as if Igbos can no longer make objective assessments especially here on nairaland. That very serious issues are now being analysed through the prism of tribe/ethnic group. Yes, there are millions of hard working, talented, successful Igbos in Nigeria and elsewhere. Okonjo Iweala is also very successful in her own rights and has definitely succeeded in many of her endeavours for example at the World Bank where she rose to the position of the Managing Director. She deserves all the credit and is an inspiration especially for young women for all that.

However, this should not becloud the fact that her performance under the GEJ administration was woeful, a fact to which she admitted to by herself. She admitted that the best thing for her would have been to resign but she stayed while the mismanagement continued while she was the Co-ordinating Minister, a more powerful post than under OBJ.

I can't praise her for that poor judgment especially when people are now blaming Adeosun and telling her to go learn from Okonjo Iweala. When in fact, Ngozi saw all these coming already due to the corruption in government and yet did not do any serious protest. She could have resigned to send a strong message to the government instead of coordinating an economy that was bleeding to death under corruption. How else do you want to explain economic genocide?

There's a principle of cause and effect. The PMB's government has definitely faltered and failed in keeping many promises but that does not becloud the fact that the suffering of Nigerians could have been less if the previous government under GEJ and Ngozi managed the economy better. Have you asked yourself why the GEJ government was borrowing to pay salaries while crude oil price averaged $100 for almost 4 years. No savings, no reasonable improvement in the life of the masses. Only the rich benefited with the president boasting that he's doing well because Nigeria now has more private jet owners. That's not development but pure capture of the state by the elite.

Demand accountability from the Hausa, Igbo, or Yoruba person ruling over you. Don't be selective about accountability. Because you make it easy for the elite to perpetuate their oppression of the masses when you only demand accountability when the person is not from your ethnic group. The Nigerian case is a pure war between the elite and the masses and less of an ethnic/religious war. The earlier we get this clear, the better for us all in this country.

So, I'm just saying facts should be treated as facts and not turned upside down to suit any ethnic agenda. I am against turning the truth upside down because she is 'our sister'. Just tell it as it is so that the next Igbo person in government will know he/she has to get his acts together because nobody will be there to defend poor judgments or woeful performance. It's totally against the truism of 'eziokwu bu ndu' that the Igbo culture teaches. Tell it as it is, don't obsfucate it. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by sanpipita(m): 8:45am On May 31, 2017
Deeldorado:

I had to say it because it now appears as if Igbos can no longer make objective assessments especially here on nairaland. That very serious issues are now being analysed through the prism of tribe/ethnic group. Yes, there are millions of hard working, talented, successful Igbos in Nigeria and elsewhere. Okonjo Iweala is also very successful in her own rights and has definitely succeeded in many of her endeavours for example at the World Bank where she rose to the position of the Managing Director. She deserves all the credit and is an inspiration especially for young women for all that.

However, this should not becloud the fact that her performance under the GEJ administration was woeful, a fact to which she admitted to by herself. She admitted that the best thing for her would have been to resign but she stayed while the mismanagement continued while she was the Co-ordinating Minister, a more powerful post than under OBJ.

I can't praise her for that poor judgment especially when people are now blaming Adeosun and telling her to go learn from Okonjo Iweala. When in fact, Ngozi saw all these coming already due to the corruption in government and yet did not do any serious protest. She could have resigned to send a strong message to the government instead of coordinating an economy that was bleeding to death under corruption. How else do you want to explain economic genocide?

There's a principle of cause and effect. The PMB's government has definitely faltered and failed in keeping many promises but that does not becloud the fact that the suffering of Nigerians could have been less if the previous government under GEJ and Ngozi managed the economy better. Have you asked yourself why the GEJ government was borrowing to pay salaries while crude oil price averaged $100 for almost 4 years. No savings, no reasonable improvement in the life of the masses. Only the rich benefited with the president boasting that he's doing well because Nigeria now has more private jet owners. That's not development but pure capture of the state by the elite.

Demand accountability from the Hausa, Igbo, or Yoruba person ruling over you. Don't be selective about accountability. Because you make it easy for the elite to perpetuate their oppression of the masses when you only demand accountability when the person is not from your ethnic group. The Nigerian case is a pure war between the elite and the masses and less of an ethnic/religious war. The earlier we get this clear, the better for us all in this country.

So, I'm just saying facts should be treated as facts and not turned upside down to suit any ethnic agenda. I am against turning the truth upside down because she is 'our sister'. Just tell it as it is so that the next Igbo person in government will know he/she has to get his acts together because nobody will be there to defend poor judgments or woeful performance. It's totally against the truism of 'eziokwu bu ndu' that the Igbo culture teaches. Tell it as it is, don't obsfucate it. Thanks.

If by stating your tribe is a needed way to validate your opinion you can aswell keep it to yourself, NOI ran a better economy for this country her imprints are all over the place I doubt any finance minister in this country has ever come close, she might not have been perfect but to call her at her a failure is an outright lie
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by Deeldorado: 9:05am On May 31, 2017
sanpipita:

If by stating your tribe is a needed way to validate your opinion you can aswell keep it to yourself, NOI ran a better economy for this country her imprints are all over the place I doubt any finance minister in this country has ever come close, she might not have been perfect but to call her at her a failure is an outright lie

I would stop here. You're free to hold on to your thoughts.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by Vernor(m): 8:32am On Jun 02, 2017
Deeldorado:

I can't but love you. 1 billion likes for you please keep it up your reward is closer.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-iweala At Lunch With Presidents by Vernor(m): 10:07am On Jun 02, 2017
Let them ipod believe what ever they like the lady have done what her pay master said through the ineffectual buffoon but not under Obasanjo and she has returned to her pay masters, and as a good employee you're rewarded for acting according to instruction. For those who said she acted in good faith may the good Lord do the same to your life. It's easy to say a big AMEN , also I wish their request is granted as soon as possible. Amen again

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

APC NWC officially Suspends Rochas Okorocha, Amosun / Impeach Yar'adua Now - Buhari Told Law Makers In 2010 (Throwback) / The New Look Of Ojodu Berger

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.