Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:27 PM

Broken Heart*** - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Broken Heart*** (19738 Views)

Letter To A Broken Heart / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / Broken Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broken Heart*** by Akinwale14(m): 2:53pm On Jul 26, 2017
Na wa oo
Re: Broken Heart*** by hormobolanle: 4:19pm On Jul 26, 2017
wao shocked Jennifer is really smart

Peterkeys6 wehdon sir. loving d story pls wen is d next update?
Re: Broken Heart*** by Dessydemmy: 5:33pm On Jul 28, 2017
Only God knows how many time I don reload this page since last week. Abegi update jare o shocked shocked shocked shocked.
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 7:44pm On Jul 31, 2017
Guys I'm so so so sorry for not updating all this while..its on to exam things....I promise to make it up after my exams..thanks and remain bless..
Re: Broken Heart*** by Toyin223(f): 12:17pm On Aug 01, 2017
Good Luck In ExamS
Re: Broken Heart*** by Dessydemmy: 4:53pm On Aug 01, 2017
Peterkeys6:
Guys I'm so so so sorry for not updating all this while..its on to exam things....I promise to make it up after my exams..thanks and remain bless..

Good luck, nothing but success.
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 2:25pm On Jun 24, 2019
Wow... Its been two years already..
I'm very very sorry guys.....
I'm back to complete The story and more to come..
I'm really sorry..on my knees
Re: Broken Heart*** by genius43(m): 2:53pm On Jun 24, 2019
Peterkeys6:
Wow... Its been two years already..
I'm very very sorry guys.....
I'm back to complete The story and more to come..
I'm really sorry..on my knees

Just keep kneeling, lemme go and look for kpankere.

Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 3:48pm On Jun 24, 2019
I kissed Jennifer so passionately not minding whoever was there. Rose and Jenny helped pack my things and we left with military taking Lizzy away.

Fast forward...........
TWO YEARS LATER
My love will finally be inducted today into the medical profession.
I woke up very early to prepare breakfast for us.
Sitting in the dining room, i watched her climbing down the stairs. Looking as beautiful as ever and again my heart skipped a beat. I keep falling in love with her even when i know she's mine.
After we're done eating, i held her hand and walked her to the car, i opened the door gently and she climbed into the car.

Let me tell you little that happened after Lizzy's incidence.
I took over uncle P's company as the CEO.
Jimmy and Thompson completed their service and were employed in the company as managing directors.
Rose and Jenny became co founders of a well known NGO.
Lizzy we heard is still in the custody of the police.

Back to present.

We drove down to the school, canopies everywhere. Jimmy, Thompson, Rose and Jenny were already waiting for us. Aunty blessing also came.
We alighted and walked to where everyone was standing. We all exchanged pleasantries and they congratulated Jennifer.
Jennifer hurried and joined her colleagues.
We all went into the multipurpose hall and sat down waiting for procession to begin.
We sat recalling our days in school.
How time fly.

Procession began with the governor of the state leading the team, VC, DVCs, deans, Hods, lecturers.
the ceremony and oath taking was just so awesome.
Time for Prize giving came.
The governor called on the overall best graduating student of medical school for the session and to my greatest suprise, it was my love. I saw her climbing the stage in all her glory going to claim her prize. The hall was filled with shout of joy and everyone stood up. I was filled with pride. My friends were congratulating me and people around couldn't help but celebrate with me.
Admist this celebration, my eyes saw someone i can point out to be Lizzy.

1 Like

Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 3:49pm On Jun 24, 2019
genius43:

Just keep kneeling, lemme go and look for kpankere.
lol biko pity your boy.

1 Like

Re: Broken Heart*** by genius43(m): 3:51pm On Jun 24, 2019
Peterkeys6:
lol biko pity your boy.

As long as you don't disappoint us again
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 7:11pm On Jun 24, 2019
My mind was no longer at rest after seeing the person i think was Lizzy.
So my baby is finally a medical doctor. The joy i had knew no bound despite seeing somebody i never wished to see. I didn’t tell any of my friends about it, it might just be my imagination i concluded since i didn’t see her again. After the whole ceremony, Jennifer ran towards me and gave me a big hug. I kissed her forgetting aunty Blessing was around. No one cares though. Many people came to congratulate Jennifer and she introduced me to most of her friends; i felt on top of the world. She’s my celebrity girlfriend oh!!! That was the song i started singing and my friends joined me. We laughed our lives out. We decided to take the party to a restaurant not too far from the school. At exactly 2:30pm, we left the school after Jennifer met with everyone she needed to see. I saw some of my lecturers and they were congratulating me since they knew what was between myself and Jennifer right from school.

At the restaurant................
We ordered for so many eatables and drinks. Aunty Blessing was enjoying every bit of drama happening, that i could tell. Some other inductees were present at the restaurant with their family members, they came to our table and congratulated Jennifer and singing her praises and then the epistle of how much they have waited to see her boyfriend whom she always talks about and so many other things.
I took my class of wine up and made a toast to a bright future in their medical career and at that point, i did something i have been waiting for all my life.
I signalled the DJ in the restaurant and at that moment a slow romantic love song by Johnny Drille starting coming out from the speaker; beautiful love.
The atmosphere became calm and at that point, i went on my knees and brought out the diamond ring i bought just for this moment.
“ I have been waiting for this moment to come
I have waited from dust to dawn
Our past is gone
In your eyes i see something more beautiful than the pretty butterflies
In death you were there with me, your love never lies and my love will never die
I don’t want this year to pass by and i’m still a married bachelor.
Jennifer, i’ve promised myself to be the best man for you, i want to be your one and only love, i want you to bear my name and i want you to be the mother of those pretty kids i’m gonna have.
WILL YOU MARRY ME??
I could see tears flowing down her eyes and the excitement from the people around. So many phone cameras on covering the event taking place.
I’ve waited long enough for this Peter. I will marry you; Jennifer said amidst tears. Everyone started clapping and joy was what i couldn’t expect less of now.
She held my hands and lifted me up and we kissed passionately. I could see tears flowing down aunty Blessing’s eyes. Its a dream come through for all of us.
Jennifer’s started ringing and she picked the call and i think from the conversation, it was a good one. She said some of her colleagues want to see her quickly. I offered to drive her to school but she declined since i was with my friends. Rose and Jenny decided to go with her so i finally agreed.
Aunty Blessing too decided to go home and rest since she will be travelling the next morning. She was with her car so no need dropping her home. So, as guys we decided to have guys talk awaiting the ladies. Thompson and Jimmy were congratulating me and so many other things.
My phone rang and i smiled immediately seeing the name it was my sweetheart but the voice i heard at the other end wasn’t hers. My mood changed immediately i dropped the call.
Jennifer, Rose and Jenny were involved in an accident. I finally said and we rushed to the car and zoomed off.
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2019
AT ST.GABRIEL'S HOSPITAL..........

we rushed into the hospital and inquired from the nurses at their station and it was confirmed that three young ladies were rushed to the Emergency room. My mind was no longer at rest, Thompson and Jimmy too were seen pacing up and down. the doctor later came out and we all rushed to him and he asked us to meet him in his office. At this point i knew some bad news will drop soon. Aunty Blessing met us half way into the doctor's office. She joined us in the office.
" i'm very sorry for the incident that occurred. its really hard to take but thank God none of them died." the doctor said and everyone sighed heavily.
so what are their conditions now doc? Thompson asked.

" Two of them have regained consciousness already, just one unconscious" the doctor said.
can we see them? i asked curiously hoping to see my Jennifer.
The doctor directed us to the ward and there we saw Rose and Jenny and my heart stopped beating. Yes i was happy they are alive but the fact that my Jennifer isn't there is enough reason for me to worry.

THREE DAYS AFTER THE INCIDENT.

Rose and Jenny were discharged.
Jennifer was out of coma but still haven't opened her eyes. she was in a special ward. i was sitting by her bedside when i heard her call my name. i went closer and head her hands and thank God the doctor came in immediately. she was trying to open her eyes but couldn't and then she let out a loud scream and fell back to sleep. i allowed the tears rolled off my eyes, the doctor tried to man me up but it wasn't working. i asked Thompson and Jimmy to watch over the company because i wont be going to work until Jennifer is fully alright.
i have been sleeping in the hospital even when aunty Blessing asked me to go home since she was around but i still rejected.
2:00am Jennifer opened her eyes. i could clearly see those beautiful eyes i have long waited to see. i called aunty Blessing who was sleeping on a bed close by. she woke up and rushed towards her. Jennifer was looking at the ceiling and i was happy at least she was awake but something still happened that swept me off my feet and i could no long take.

update coming.....
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 7:36pm On Jun 24, 2019
Dessydemmy:
Only God knows how many time I don reload this page since last week. Abegi update jare o shocked shocked shocked shocked.
i'm back bikooo i'm really sorry
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2019
Nickibeauty:
boss we dey wait o
in done show oo
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2019
Jennifer was still staring blankly at the ceiling without saying a word and that made me confused.
Aunty Blessing was trying to make her talk but the only thing that came out of her mouth was" Where am i?"
i was glad she said something at least. But i was not too okay with her reactions. The doctor came and did some physical examinations on her and he tried to ask her some questions which the answers where negative. She could only remember Uncle P, her late mum and she's trying to recall who Aunty Blessing was; she was able to recognise her and i moved towards her so she could look at me better and say something nice, she tried hard but let out a scream and fell asleep again. i was so worried but the doctor and aunty Blessing encouraged me to be strong but deep down i knew i can not be strong if this continues.

later that day, i went home to change and sleep a little when i got a call from aunty Blessing that Jennifer is awake. i rushed to my car immediately and drove to the hospital. On reaching the hospital gate, i saw Thompson and Jimmy followed by Rose and Jenny. i felt lost.
i alighted from the car and met them. Together we went into the ward were my princess was. She was smiling and talking with aunty Blessing when we arrived. my heart was warmed by her pretty smile. But seeing us, she came up with that blank look and my heart sank. Jenny and Rose tried to make her recognise us but she couldn't. i left the ward in tears and at that point, it was raining already and i just stood at a corner of the hospital trying to wake myself from this nightmare. i felt someone's touch at my back and when i turned, to my utmost surprise i saw her.

To be continued tomorrow......
make unah no vex abeg

1 Like

Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 8:05pm On Jun 24, 2019
queenitee:
Awwwn Jenny, take it easy dear
queenitee i'm back o
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 6:09am On Jun 25, 2019
Lizzy was standing at my back giving a kind of smile I can't really understand. Behold my dark days. I said to myself.
Lizzy came facing me and was letting tears flow out from her eyes. " Peter, everything I did and I'm doing is all because of you but yet you never gave me a chance. Look, the only person you love is smiling with others but can't even remember you. That was Lizzy and her last statement got to me.
I wanted living her presence but she held me back and kissed me so deeply. I tried to resist but she continued and I gave up.
At that moment she thought she has won.

I rushed back to the ward and saw Jennifer sleeping. Thompson and Jimmy I was told left to look for me while Rose and Jenny were just sitting on the bed close to Jennifer.

They explained how much they tried making her remember but she couldn't.
Thompson and Jimmy came in and From their eyes I could tell something was wrong.
They asked me to join them outside.

Thompson: Piro, what was the meaning of that rubbish that transpired between you and Lizzy?
You should be in church praying and hoping that Jennifer recovers on time and not kissing the deadly Lizzy.
Jimmy was just staring at me and I could tell he Has a lot to say but he didn't say anything.
I opened my mouth to say word but nothing came out.
Both guys left me there standing...
I left the hospital debated and when I reached home, the person I saw gave me another shock..

To be continued.
I'm off to school..
Comments and corrections will be very much appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Broken Heart*** by genius43(m): 7:01am On Jun 25, 2019
It's going well, but I suggest you drop longer updates even if it is just two a day
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 8:45am On Jun 25, 2019
genius43:
It's going well, but I suggest you drop longer updates even if it is just two a day
noted boss
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 10:28am On Jun 25, 2019
Miss Grace was standing at the gate and I couldn't really figure out what she was doing.
I came out of the car and she ran towards my direction throwing herself on me. I hugged her but still confused on what was really going on.
We weren't really close back then so what's all this one. That was what was going on in my head.
It's been years... She finally spoke.
I agreed with her and asked her to enter the car which she did. The Gateman opened the gate and I drove in.
Grace was surprised at how big the house was and how well furnished it was.
She saw the pictures on the wall and asked who there were, I told her and showed her to the guest room where she was gonna spend the night.
I didn't bother asking her how and why she came because I wasn't interested.
I went into my room and made sure I locked the door before bringing out my phone and calling Aunty Blessing. She told me Jennifer is going to be discharged the next day and the doctor warned against trying to make her remember anything so she is going straight with her to her house. And again my heart sank.
I didn't know when I slept but I woke up with a terrible head ache.
I decided to go downstairs and prepare something light to take.

Coming down, I saw a figure standing and fear gripped me.
Hello love. That was Grace.
I forgot I was housing someone.
I asked her what she was doing down this time and not sleeping because it was 3:00am.
"I had a terrible nightmare she said. I didn't say much again.
I left her and went to the fridge to get something.
And that was when i remembered I need to ask her why she came.

I returned and still saw her standing where I left her but this time she was unclad.
Ordinarily, I was supposed to either get angry at her or attracted to her but none of this happened.
I ate and drank what I was carrying and told her to go and sleep. She has questions to answer tomorrow.
I stood up but didn't just go, I took my time to scan her and I must say the devil was at work.
She started coming closer and closer but then I guess it was late because I saw Jennifer standing behind her.
I walked passed the unclad Grace to hug Jennifer but it seems she vanished.
The head ache came back immediately and I went to my room but this time, I wasn't sure if I locked the door.

I woke up and checked my watch, it was 10:45am.
I slept so much.
I unlocked my phone and saw 15 missed calls. 5 from Thompson, 5 from Jimmy and another 5 from Aunty Blessing.
OMG!!! I'm such a fool.
I stood up from my bed and discovered I was unclad on the bed and that was when I saw breakfast of tea and bread by my bedside.
What have I done
Grace!!!!!!!!!
I shouted and went round the house but she was no where to be found. The security then told me she left already.
I went back to the house hurriedly and prepared as I rushed to the hospital.
On reaching there, I met Thompson, Jimmy, Rose and Jenny. Immediately they turned Their backs and entered their different cars.
I rushed to the ward.
I didn't see my Jennifer and Aunty Blessing was gone.
My heart was shattered, I've been broken.
I fell on my knees and cried.
I called Aunty Blessing but her line wasn't reachable. I called Thompson and Jimmy but all they could say was that they were disappointed at me.
I called Jenny, maybe she could tell me what's going on but it was too bad that she turned my call down.

I drove immediately to Rose's house and knocked at her door.
She opened the door but when she saw me she wanted shutting the door but I held the door with everything in me.
I pleaded with her to allow me come in. As I was on my knees pleading, Jenny came to the door and begged Rose to open the door.
They allowed me in but on the condition that I'll tell them the truth.
I was Confused but I still accepted.

I was surprised to see Jimmy and Thompson there.
They all brought out their phones and showed me pictures of myself and a lady(Grace) Lying unclad on the bed..
The only thing that could come out of my mouth that moment was" Jennifer I didn't do it" Even when she wasn't there.
They all have me that weird look and I explained everything that happened. From Who Grace was and how I met her at my house.
And I apologised for letting her in in the first place.
They all knew Lizzy was at work her.
I guess we'll have to call Aunty Blessing and Explain everything to her I said but was shocked to hear from the other end of the phone Aunty Blessing's voice came and I knew she was crying.
"Peter I trust you and I pray Jennifer recovers soon". She said.

Months later....

Things never remained the same again, I became a shadow of myself, tears running down everyday. Seeing my love become a stranger.
I paid Aunty Blessing Visit almost every weekend just for Jennifer to see me and believe but all to no avail.
Thank God for Jimmy and Thompson.
They were helping me to run the company..

A year later.

Lizzy and Grace were involved in an accident and died.
Thompson proposed to Jennifer and Jimmy to Rose.
So marriage preparations were on going.
Jennifer Continued as a new being. She was outside the country.
Aunty Blessing and my friends talked to me and I guess I just have to move on.
I returned to the office as the CEO.

I entered a relationship but it didn't work out well so it ended.
And it was the day for My friend's wedding.
I cried all night before that day

I wished for Jennifer to maybe show up. If wishes were horses.
Thompson and Jimmy got married to the love of their lives on same day..
I could feel tears flowing down my eyes even they were taking the vows..

I'm going to be a bachelor till I die if I don't marry Jennifer.

Two weeks back, aunty Blessing called that Jennifer called her and told her she thinks she's found her husband over there.
I broke down then afresh.
Since then, I knew I've lost Jennifer.

To Present...
The church wedding was done and now reception. After the toast, Aunty Blessing came and sat down close to me.
" Peter, you've tried your best to get Jennifer back but I'm really sorry to tell you this. Jennifer got married two days back".
I remained mute.
I was blank, I didn't want to spoil my friend's day.
I asked her why she didn't inform Me when I called her that day.
She said she never wanted to hurt me but she just had to tell me. I stood up to leave but I heard Someone call my name,i turned only to see Rose waving at me..
I went out to spread the couples during the bridal dance. I faked the smile that was on my face. My friends knew but played along.

After the whole event, I congratulated them and moved to enter my car when something happened.......

Updates coming.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Broken Heart*** by genius43(m): 1:53pm On Jun 25, 2019
Nice.

But their are things you need to work on.

First of all a little bit of more description. Am not really feeling the emotions.

More details, like time of the day, weather etc.
Re: Broken Heart*** by queenitee(f): 2:51pm On Jun 25, 2019
Peterkeys6:
queenitee i'm back o
Welcome back, it's good to have you back
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 5:22am On Jun 26, 2019
genius43:
Nice.

But their are things you need to work on.

First of all a little bit of more description. Am not really feeling the emotions.

More details, like time of the day, weather etc.
Noted sir.
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 5:23am On Jun 26, 2019
queenitee:

Welcome back, it's good to have you back
thank you ma'am
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 9:34am On Jun 26, 2019
Peter wait!!!!!!!!
That was the voice I never expected to hear at this moment even though I was longing to see her.
Jennifer was standing right in front of me.
I pinched myself to be sure I wasn't dreaming and behold I was not.
The atmosphere became so calm, even from the distance, I could see her tears flow down.
I ran towards her and she did same.
She has grown into a mature young lady. I hugged her as if that was gonna be the last time I'll ever hug her.
I felt that warmness I've longed for ever since she left.
Memories came rushing back.
"I missed you so much my Peter " she said.
I couldn't say anything but just caught her lips and kissed her so deeply.
" I missed you more than you could ever imagine Jennifer" I told her.

We were still in the hugging position before we heard people clapping and when we broke the hug, we saw the newly wedded couples, aunty Blessing and some of the guests that were still around.
Indeed God has answered my prayers; I said inwardly.
We all entered our different cars and headed to my house including the couples, they wanted to share in my Joy and get the whole gist of what really happened and how Jennifer recovered.

At My resident...........

Before going inside, Jennifer requested me to take her round the house which I never objected to..
The rest were inside and it was just Jennifer and I alone outside and I seized the opportunity to ask her the question that have being on my mind from the moment I saw her.
"Jennifer, is it right for me to kiss a married woman? " I asked almost not feeling my voice.
But her response made me confused the more.
"Peter, I only allowed that because it was you". She replied and I felt heavy again.
This means my love has another love. I said to myself.

I asked her many questions but her answers were as confusing as the first one.
So finally, we joined the rest inside.
I could see everyone where happy. They were drinks and different varieties of food on the table. I never imagined The couples made arrangements for that..
I tried to stay focused but more I tried, the more I lost focus.

After the whole eating and congratulations, it was time for questions and answers.
I really nervous and every attempt I made to hide it proved abortive.
Jennifer kept smiling and that alone is/was enough reason for me to believe I've lost my love.

"Peter,Thompson, Jimmy, Rose and Jenny. I know you guys have so much questions on your mind. But don't worry, I'm sure gonna spit everything out." She said.
The whole room became tensed up, even with the AC on, I could still feel that internal heat, I wanted telling her not to continue that I know the story already, but because of the others, I didn't.
Jennifer continued....
Let me start from when I woke up in the hospital.
I remembered seeing Peter sitting by the bedside and my Aunt here,I tried as much as I could to remember you because they was something about you I couldn't point out to but nope, I couldn't. I kept trying and I kept hurting myself.
I was somehow sad living the hospital that day without seeing you. I overhead them(pointing at the couples) discussing about a picture of you and a lady on the bed. I felt sad for them but I wasn't really bothered.
Your constant visit to Aunty Blessing's house kept disturbing me and I decided to travel out and begin my life again.
Few months after travelling, I met this cool, handsome,brilliant and wealthy Nigerian young man named Charles. (she was smiling and that hurts me more)
Charles and I became so close, he made some calls and then I got employed even without CVs. I started working as a secretary in a firm, though I wasn't really enjoying the work but it's better than staying at home all day. Charles was so good to me, he was caring and had my good at heart.
He asked about my family and I just told him the little I could remember.
I called Aunty Blessing and told her about Charles, at first she wasn't really happy but she tried hiding it. After hearing much about Charles, she finally accepted him and told me to stay happy. Though I knew she just wanted me to be happy. Charles asked me to move to his place which I did.
*She paused and gave a weird look***
C'mon guys, it's not what you're thinking.
(At this point, my heart was already broken)
We lived together for some weeks. One cool evening, Charles asked me to prepare that he was taking me out. I felt reluctant but still dressed well..
At 6:00pm, he took me to a garden beautifully decorated, with music coming out of the speaker.
He took me by my hand and sat me down on a chair.
The place was so breath taking I confessed and he just smiled..
We were just talking about so many things when he stood up and went on his knees.
He brought out a diamond � ring � that looks very familiar.
He proposed to me, I was happy and sad at the same time.
I was happy that I was going to get married and I was said that my family members were not going to be present at my wedding. My dad, mum and Junior P...

Then suddenly, I screamed Junior P and lost consciousness.
I woke up the next morning on the hospital bed.
My whole life came rushing at me and I remembered everything.
I remembered the accident and everything..
I started crying right there and Charles came and sat by me.
I tried pushing him away but he stayed.
I narrated the whole thing to him. He apologized and I told him they was no need to.
That day, I called Aunty Blessing and she was so happy I called.
She was happier to know I've gained my memories back.
She then told me my friends are gonna be getting married in two days.
I told her I was coming for the wedding and also asked about you, if you're married or still waiting.
I was happy to know that you weren't married.
I told her to tell you I got married alsDuring the church wedding today, I could see tears dropping from your eyes.
I cried also.
Peter I'm so sorry for putting you through all this.
Jennifer concluded and by this time, she was crying.
I sat down with so much shock. I composed myself and moved towards her and then the door flew opened.

During the church wedding today, I could see tears dropping from your eyes.
I cried also.
Peter I'm so sorry for putting you through all this.
Jennifer concluded and by this time, she was crying.
I sat down with so much shock. I composed myself and moved towards her and then the door flew opened.

1 Like

Re: Broken Heart*** by genius43(m): 4:14pm On Jun 26, 2019
Enemies of Peter have opened the door again
Re: Broken Heart*** by YoungBruzzy(m): 6:31pm On Jun 27, 2019
Nice one OP
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 4:43pm On Jun 28, 2019
thanks guys for following...

last episode drops today...so watch out...
BROKEN HEART
Expect anything
Re: Broken Heart*** by mimiPee: 8:00am On Jun 29, 2019
we're waiting
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 9:27am On Jun 29, 2019
Two men of almost same height walked in, i could see surprise written on everyone’s face except for Jennifer and Aunty Blessing. I wanted asking them who they were but was interrupted when Jennifer stood up and walked towards the both of them and hugged them. She showed them where to sit and they did. “i know that surprise look on your faces. This is Charles; she said pointing to one of the men who i sensed to be the boss around. And this is Armstrong; she said pointing to the other man.
Charles, Armstrong; meet my family. They stood up and greeted warmly. From the way they spoke, i was clear they didn’t really grow up in Nigeria. Their British accent was clear.
“I invited them over; we came back together since Charles wouldn’t let me travel alone. Aunty Blessing drove us to your house yesterday, you were not around but we were able to get inside the house since Ali (the security man) knows me and Aunty Blessing. He was so excited to see me but i warned him and the maid not to let you know we came” Jennifer said with a smiling face.
I was shocked i never noticed anything; i turned and looked at Ali and the maid who were already beaming with smile. I just laughed and Thanked God my love is finally with me.
Jennifer stood up and walked to me, she hugged me so tightly and i could feel tear drop on my cloth. Everyone stood up and clapped their hands. Charles stood up and started narrating how bad he felt after Jennifer discovered who she really was and telling me how lucky i am to have such an angel in my life. I just laughed and said in my mind” if only this guy knew how much i was about hating him if Jennifer didn’t return”.
The celebration continued and now, we have to let the couples go and have fun. Jimmy and Thompson; hmmm this guys i will forever remain indebted to. Rose and Jenny now more like my sisters. I took my time to thank everyone and that was when Aunty Blessing announced that she and her family will be relocating back to Canada. I started missing her immediately she made that announcement.
At this point, i decided to do something which i prepared for a long time and promised myself to do it any day i see Jennifer again.

With tears flowing from my eyes, i looked straight into Jennifer’s eyes and said” i thought i will never see you again
I waited so long for you to regain
But then it seems like it was getting worse each day.
I was heartbroken the day you left the country, God know i intended to kill myself but then i realized doing that won’t make my Parents and uncle P proud.
I decided to submit to fate but seeing Jimmy and Thompson taking the vow made me cry and that shows i cannot forget you that easily.

Jennifer, i have done this before and that day i regretted so much but I’m going to do this again” i said bringing out almost same diamond ring i used to engage her the day of the incident. Her eyes widened and everyone’s face i could say widened also.
“Jennifer, make my wish come through please” that was all i said...
YES Jennifer said and threw me a big hug which i gladly accepted. Everyone stood up and clapped. Emotions were flowing everywhere. Jennifer couldn’t hide her joy and likewise me.
We saw the couples, Charles and Armstrong off to their cars. Aunty blessing is going to spend the night with us.
After they left, i went on my knees and thanked aunty Blessing for caring this much, i could just thank her enough; Jennifer joined me on the floor and thanked her. She blessed us and off we went to our rooms. Throughout the night, Jennifer and i didn’t sleep. We confess and profess our love to each other at each interval and how much we have missed ourselves.
That night, we started making plans for our wedding. And we came to a conclusion that it was going to be in 3weeks time. It looked far to me but Jennifer insisted so i had to accept.
Morning came quickly; i tried to touch Jennifer but she wasn’t there. I checked the time and it was already past 7am.
Looking at the entrance door, i saw Jennifer standing all beautiful and i couldn’t help but lust after her. She came closer and lay with me on the bed. We kissed passionately but broke the kiss when we had a knock on the door.
“Love birds, come out its time for breakfast” that was aunty Blessing’s voice.
“ 5 mins and we are down” Jennifer and I replied coincidentally and we all laughed including aunty Blessing. I tried to kiss her again but this time she just brushed my lips and stood me up. She held me and drags me to the bathroom. “Common come and brush your teeth, don’t be a lazy husband” Jennifer said jokingly and spank me on my ass. I just laughed and did as she said.
5minutes and we were on the dining table. Aunty Blessing was there waiting for us already.
We ate and laughed so hard, Jennifer and myself were just behaving like kids; tried feeding her but when she opened her mouth, i took her own egg and ate and she gave that childish look.
“What? “ She will just hit me. This was our way of life even from childhood.
“How time fly”. Aunty Blessing who have been silent and just smiling and laughing all this while spoke. We both looked and her and gave a big wink.
After the whole breakfast, we discussed the wedding plans with aunty Blessing and she accepted and saw it from our point also. I called jimmy and Thompson and told them about the wedding plans. They were both happy and promised to come around and put me through with some things.
They can’t enjoy their honey moon until I’m done with my wedding. I said to each of them before ending the call and we all laughed.
Jennifer and aunty B were also making their arrangements. She called Rose and Jenny and they came over alongside Thompson and Jimmy. We had our men section while they had their ladies section. Thompson, jimmy and I went round town to check for the best hall for reception; after the whole search we got to get the ROYAL HOUSE MULTIPURPOSE AUDITORIUM. The name is worth it, the hall looks so beautiful and not far from the church the wedding is going to be done.
I thanked my friends for their help and they zoomed off but not without taking their wives. We (Jennifer and I) discussed how far we have gone with Aunty B and she was pleased.

TWO DAYS TO THE WEDDING
Aunty B decided to go home and bring her family with her. Guests have started arriving, Charles and Armstrong were around also to witness the event, stake holders, government officials, the university vice chancellor and other top officials were all planning to grace the occasion. The house was filled up with music coming out from every angle. Thank God the compound is big enough to accommodate even 100 persons. The news of our wedding was nothing new to the internet.

WEDDING DAY.
JENNIFER
I couldn’t sleep at all that night; my joy knew no bound knowing that i will be getting married to my one and only love. Daddy’s dream is coming to pass. Facing the mirror i can’t feel the sorrow i have felt for these years. PETER I LOVE YOU.
PETER
My Jennifer, my lover, my world, my everything. So today I’m finally going to take you to the altar, I’m finally going to make you mine and no other. Uncle P, Daddy, Mummy you son has grown and will make you guys proud for the rest of his days. JENNIFER I LOVE YOU
IN CHURCH
The church hall was filled to the brim, news men everywhere and security vans all over. I couldn’t help but smile. My Jennifer looking as beautiful as ever. Smiles on everyone’s face.
The procession was done; we sang the hymn” showers of blessings”. Happily alongside everyone.
Time for the vow came and this to me and i know Jennifer too will be the most of it.
Everybody was watching in shock when the pastor in charge gave us way to take the vows.
The instrumentalists sure know what to play at that moment.
PETER
“Would you still love me?
When it seems i have forgotten you
When it seems we are just ordinary two
When i tell you i love but it doesn’t sound true
When our sky is no longer blue.
Would you still love me?
What if I’m no longer the person you have always known but my heart you still own
Then you suddenly feel alone.
Would you still love me?
When it feels we are going apart but yet i love you with my heart
And then i look into your eyes and still see that same old smile that reminds me of the pretty butterflies.
Would you still love me?
And then days turned into years without me showing you that i really care in different ways but then i get on my knees and ask you to forgive.
Would you still love me?
I know i will go wrong, but that shouldn’t take away the memories of when we were young, i have realized i will back mistakes but will be here for you to take.
Would you love me in ill states and in health?
In poverty and in wealth?
Till death takes us from this earth?
JENNIFER
I will love you even if it means losing myself
I will be glued to you even when you are down,
I will be your partner in every crime
You will be my Mr right at every hour even at night.
I will stand by you till we reach the spotlight.
I will be your woman and no one dares to make you cry except me.
Your love i cannot compromise.
I love you and there is no regret.
In ill state and in health,
In poverty and in wealth
Till death takes us from this earth.
This is my promise to you.

The church was so quiet and i could see traces of tears on some person’s face. Jennifer cried and if not that I want to show my manly nature i would have done same.
Everyone stood and up and clapped, it was ending till the pastor came and gave us the rings to put on. I can say clearly that the he was shocked beyond measures. I slipped the ring to her finger and she did same and we were pronounced husband and wife among shouting, jubilations, instrumental displays etc. We signed the certificate. And officially we are married.
Time was given for special ministrations and then the sermon.
The preacher came up and expressed how touched he was and how God himself ordained our union. He was told our story and how we were still able to get back and achieve our dream. He charged everyone to be faithful to their partner, living Godly and teaching their children the Christian way. The sermon didn’t take long and then we were done with the church wedding and everyone headed straight to the reception hall.
They were all shocked at how beautifully decorated the hall was. Live music playing and everyone was enjoying the occasion. Thompson, jimmy, Rose and Jenny came out to tell the guests about us. From our lives in the university, how hatred became friendship; and at the end love prevailed.
Everyone clapped and showed love. Food and drinks were enough for everyone present, the top officials came with their gifts, mostly in cash and dropped it at our table, the reception was more of talk shows and it was awesome and at the end we returned all praise to God.
It didn’t end there, a small after party was organized by my friends at my resident were everyone spoke out on love, how they met their spouse and what was the first impression. It was really fun especially when Thompson and jimmy answered theirs. We went on honey moon and back. Life never remained the same for me. The one time old, unfriendly Peter is now as happy as never before.
I resumed office as a married and happy man, Jennifer met with the NMA (Nigeria Medical Association) and with the help of the vice chancellor and other people, who knew her and the story, she was licensed for her houseman job and she was so happy she was back to herself.
We decided not to have any child in our first year of marriage (don’t judge us, it’s our choice.)

Two years later, Jennifer became pregnant and due for delivery, i rushed her down to the family hospital where she was taken to the labour room, few hours after reaching the hospital, doctor came out smiling and congratulating me that she has been delivered of a bouncing baby girl. My joy knew no bound; I was going to the office with the doctor before a nurse ran quickly to the doctor and said something was wrong. I entered the labour room with the doctor; my wife wasn’t in good state i must say. The doctor tried to make me leave the room but i insisted.
“My love, thank you for always standing by me, her is Jennifer (she said pointing at my daughter).
Take very good care of her and love her as much as you love me. Remember this; i am always with you. I LOVE YOU.” Jennifer said and closed her eyes.
At this point, i couldn’t believe what was going on until the doctor covered her with a white wrapper and my world came crashing again. Once a broken man, always a broken man. I am now the man with the BROKEN HEART again.

The end..............................................................................................
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 9:38am On Jun 29, 2019
mimiPee:
we're waiting
thank you ma'am

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Book Of Death / Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? / The Burial(Fears and Fierce)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.