Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,464 members, 7,812,414 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:01 PM

Broken Heart*** - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Broken Heart*** (19727 Views)

Letter To A Broken Heart / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo / Broken Heart (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 9:53am On May 29, 2017
Shakyroh320:
u have a good starting,kip it up but please amend the pigin english well,please for pigin na they not the,but enjoying the story sha,kip it coming.
Thanks for the correction...more updates coming
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 11:46am On May 29, 2017
Uncle P!!!!!I shouted happily and rushed into his opened arms ready to receive me.....Uncle P was the only relation i had after my both parents died and Mrs Johnson i was told was my mum's bestfriend when she was alive...i lost my parents when i was only 3 and uncle P took the responsibility of taking care of me...Uncle has only one daughter Jennifer who became my best friend while i was staying with them and my uncle's wife loves me so dearly
One sunny Sunday after we returned from church,my uncle called all of us to the sitting room and said "Junior P,myself,Your aunt and Jennifer will be traveling abroad by next week,due to your health condition you won't be able to go with us but I've made arrangements with aunty Blessing(Uncle P's junior sister)I'll be sending her money constantly to take good care of you..by the time My uncle finished saying this,i could see tears drop down my eyes even though i was a boy of only 7years,i knew what it meant to be left all alone..so that was how i was taken to aunty Blessing's place to stay with her.She became everything to me,she was my dad,my mum,my best friend and my everything... She later got married and we travelled to Canada but i told her i wanted to come back and school here in Nigeria,at first she refused but i explained my reasons to her and she later accepted on the condition that I'll stay with my mum's best friend in Abuja which i happily accepted and that was how i came back to Nigeria and completed my secondary school.i wrote jamb only ones and i was given admission to study integrated science education in the university of jos.. i was so happy and that was when i rushed to Rose's house and caught her and Mrs Johnson.I pretended as if nothing happened,i remained in the house till when i left for school and didn't return...I called my aunt and explained everything to her and she decided to rent a house for me In school after which i met Thompson and Jimmy and i allowed them stay with me since we were close friends and have the same goal...
****BACK TO PRESENT**
"Look at this young man,you've grown so big".uncle P said and i just laughed
Uncle you forgot me o,after all this years i thought you won't come back again
" Nooo don't say that,i can never forget my namesake,we came back early this year and since then I've been trying to reach you but all to no avail so when i heard you were in unijos,i was so happy because Jennifer also did institution transfer and she came this semester and still trying to put some things in order..
On hearing that i jumped up happily and told my uncle to take me to her and immediately my door opened and i was happy at the sight of the three i saw..

1 Like

Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 1:24pm On May 29, 2017
Standing and looking surprised at what was happening were Thompson,Jimmy and uncle Wole. .
Out of excitement i ran towards them and hugged them,welcoming them in as if it was their first time here but who will blame me for doing that?seeing someone you haven't seen for close to 13years is like going to the moon and back...
"Good afternoon sir" they all greeted uncle P.
"Afternoon,how are you all doing?" uncle P asked with a smile on his face
"Fine sir" they chorused.
"Alright,i think I'll have to take my leave now" Wole said.
"Nooo wait.Thompson,Jimmy,Uncles wole meet Uncle Peter the man i told you guys about that took the responsibility of taking care of me after i lost my parents.Uncle P,meet Thompson and Jimmy my room mates and also course mates and here is uncle Wole jimmy's uncle who has always been there for us"I said.
Uncle P shook hands with the three of them and expressed how happy he was.
After the whole introductory section, uncle P took us to an eatery and we ate till the warms in our stomach started begging us to stop..
Uncle Wole drove Thompson and jimmy back home while i left with my uncle to his house.I was so excited when i came down from the car."Uncle this one is a mansion o,I've never been to this area before and even if i had come,i wouldnt even know if it belongs to you".i said and smiled..
Daddy!!Welcome back, i was so bored"that was what i heard before i turned back to see who the owner of this same melodious voice was....
And guess who she was?(#200 airtime for the correct person)
Re: Broken Heart*** by queenitee(f): 2:06pm On May 29, 2017
Its Jenny nah. Uncle P, uncle peters. Jennifer peters
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 2:16pm On May 29, 2017
queenitee:
Its Jenny nah. Uncle P, uncle peters. Jennifer peters
lolzz...let's wait for the others
Re: Broken Heart*** by queenitee(f): 2:20pm On May 29, 2017
Peterkeys6:
lolzz...let's wait for the others
Could be Rose to sha but I think its jenny
Re: Broken Heart*** by Shakyroh320(f): 5:21pm On May 29, 2017
its should be jenny and not rose
Re: Broken Heart*** by Akinwale14(m): 5:49pm On May 29, 2017
Peterkeys6 Weldon nice story
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 6:06pm On May 29, 2017
Akinwale14:
Peterkeys6 Weldon nice story
thanks bro
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 7:14pm On May 29, 2017
Do you remember that girl that bumped into me at the restaurant?Yes the fair lady that couldn't wait to tell me her name,Could she be Jennifer or Uncle P's daughter from elsewhere?i asked myself...
I took two steps closer and i realized it was her..
Jeni...Jennifer? i called out
Peterrrrrrrrr!!!She called and ran straight to my arms...
Heaven knows i was filled with joy that tears began to flow down my eyes and when i raised her head up i could see traces of tears dropping...
Uncle Peter was just looking at us smiling and i could tell he knows how much we missed each other..
Inside,Jennifer couldn't stop asking me questions about how i scaled through the lonely days and telling me how she cried the day i left..
Junior P,your absence made Jennifer became a shadow of herself o..ThankGod for the reunion.That was uncle P talking and we all laughed.
Wait!Am i missing someone?Where's Aunt?i asked and suddenly everywhere became quiet and i could see tears dropping from Jennifer's eyes and I understood the message...
"Junior P,death flogged me bitterly,i know I've lost but yet it hurts seeing the one you love been lowered to the dust...but in all things we still give thanks to God".
Before my uncle could finish,i allowed the tears flow down easily and Jennifer got up and ran to her room upstairs and i followed her immediately, i allowed her cry because i know the pain you feel when you lose your mama,it strikes your heart like rain thunder and you just wonder could this be real and you just ponder.
When i felt she has cried enough,i went to her and raised her up" Jennifer, no amount of tears can bring mum back,we've got to move ahead and make her proud wherever she is and remember I'll always be here for you and your dad also".i said and she hugged me tightly and My uncle came in and smiled at us before he told us dinner was ready..
After eating,my uncle told us goodnight that he was so exhausted..
I and Jennifer did the dishes together laughing and teasing each other and after the dishes,we went to Jennifer's room.
Do you remember bumping into a guy in a restaurant one Thursday evening?you apologized without looking up and you left immediately?"i asked her.
Ohhhhhhhh!!yes,that evening i was so so sad and was not in the mood for any introduction.that day dad called and informed me that you were also in Uj and i was hoping and praying i come across you"Jennifer answered.
You actually came across me o because i was the guy you bumped into that very day..i told her smiling..
Re: Broken Heart*** by Akinwale14(m): 9:33pm On May 29, 2017
Peterkeys6:
thanks bro
Yeah
Re: Broken Heart*** by queenitee(f): 9:30am On May 30, 2017
And I didn't think of the lady. Its a happy reunion
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 10:26am On May 31, 2017
What!!!are you for real??Jennifer asked surprised.
Of course yes..I answered her...
We talked about so many things before we finally slept on each other's arms.
I woke up and immediately picked my phone and sent a text to Thompson to carry my books along with him while coming to school..
"Good morning dear"Jennifer's tinny melodious voice sounded and I quickly smiled and replied her..."oh! God Jennifer shouldn't have been related to me nauh,I don't know but I've this kind of strong feeling for her right from when we were kids but God you know best."that was what was going on in my head.
"Hey you guys should start getting set for school quickly let my drop you since I'm going in that same direction"That was Uncle P.
We quickly got set and rushed to the dinning for breakfast..
"My children, no one should come in between the two of you and let that love be there,Junior P take Jennifer as your own sister and Jennifer do thesame"Uncle P said and we assured him that nothing will ever separate us again..
We alighted from the car and uncle P drove off but not without giving us something..Jennifer hugged me tightly not minding the people watching us before she hurried to her lecture hall.
I just stood there smiling before someone tapped me from behind and I turned to see the person and to my surprise it was Jenny and with those smiles on my face I asked her about her night and replied with a straight face.
"Peter who was that girl you hugged so tightly that you were not even aware that people were watching you?"She asked a bit angry.
"haba,just brotherly hug o.well people can watch o but me i don't care".i replied her smiling but she was clearly angry.." Okay that's my long lost sister..i told her and i could see smile lit up her lips..
Thompson and Jimmy came over to where we were standing,Jenny greeted them and left.
"I don't like that girl" Jimmy said.
"Me too,she looks innocent but i cant trust her" Thompson added.
We moved to the lecture hall to wait for the lecturer.
"That reminds me,we saw you hugging one fine fair sis that looks familiar" Jimmy said smiling
"Oh,i wanted telling you guys o.can you Still remember i told you about my Uncle's daughter?" i asked and they nodded "Yes"..That's her o,she was the girl that bumped into me the other day in that restaurant Jimmy took us to.
" Wow no wonder that day you were just looking until she disappeared"Thompson said and we laughed before the lecturer came in..
After the whole lectures for that day,Jennifer came and met me and i introduced my friends to her since they were this kind of funny guys,she liked them and i was happy about that and i insisted Jennifer follows us to my house and she accepted..
On our way going to get a cab,Lizzy and her friends came and met us."Piro you've gotten a new girl friend and you couldnt introduce her to us,we saw you two hugging romantically in the morning.its not fair o"Lizzy said and before i could say anything, Thompson replied her"shey when you get new boyfriend you normally announce to the world abi?"Thompson asked and we all laughed..
"But seriously o,i havent seen you with a guy before o" Jimmy added and we laughed again but this time lizzy
and her friends became angry and left.
Re: Broken Heart*** by queenitee(f): 4:08pm On May 31, 2017
You sha, making fun of the poor girl
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 7:57am On Jun 01, 2017
queenitee:
You sha, making fun of the poor girl
lol..iyam innocent o
Re: Broken Heart*** by queenitee(f): 8:09am On Jun 01, 2017
Peterkeys6:
lol..iyam innocent o
Innocent kwa? Happy new month
Re: Broken Heart*** by Akinwale14(m): 11:02pm On Jun 03, 2017
Peterkeys6 nice one and pls continue,am here nah
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 6:58pm On Jun 04, 2017
Akinwale14:
Peterkeys6 nice one and pls continue,am here nah
Thanks boss.
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 6:58pm On Jun 04, 2017
queenitee:
Innocent kwa? Happy new month
wish you the best jare
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 7:55pm On Jun 04, 2017
Jennifer and i couldn't stop laughing at the way my friend embarrassed Lizzy,but it wasnt their fault really,I've not seen her with a guy either and those her friends..
We went to home and jennifer was surprised at the way our things were neatly arranged.
"Is there a professor staying with you guys here?" Jennifer asked.
"Dont under rate us o,we're potential professors so we've got to practice reading much books as we can".Thompson replied.
I and Jimmy were just laughing as it became a debate between Jennifer and Thompson..
" Ehhh...it's okay oo..we're potential professors and you're a potential doctooorrrrrr"i said.
***We all laughed**
That evening was fun with Jennifer around but i think Thompson is beginning to fall for Jennifer and me i don't really like it no...Yes I'm jealous. lol
We all saw Jennifer with her and i holding hands and playing this kind of brotherly romance since the house wasn't really far we decided to trek it,although it was out first time passing that road..Jennifer was already tired and i decided to back her and i couldn't help but love her more.
When we arrived at the house,we were all gasping for air and exhausted..
"Young men and young lady,why are you all worked up like this?" that was uncle P.
"Dad,we went for evening work outs". Jennifer replied and we all laughed.
We stayed there for a while before we decided to take our leave since it was getting late.
" junior p,dont tell me you're going too o because you are spending the week her and I've gotten you new clothes "uncle p said with a note of finality and i could see smiles on Jennifer's face. and so i decided to see Jimmy and Thompson off.
On my way back,i quickly decided to check on Jenny since i couldn't make it to the tutorial..when i got there,i received the greatest shock of my life.
Re: Broken Heart*** by Akinwale14(m): 10:25pm On Jun 04, 2017
Peterkeys6:
Thanks boss.
ur welcome
Re: Broken Heart*** by queenitee(f): 10:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
Omo has turn lesbobo
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 11:22pm On Jun 04, 2017
queenitee:
Omo has turn lesbobo
lolzzz
Re: Broken Heart*** by Shakyroh320(f): 9:22am On Jun 05, 2017
it seems u are a bit nowadays,cus u havent been updating like before,kip it cuming,His grace is ur strenght.
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 10:16pm On Jun 05, 2017
Shakyroh320:
it seems u are a bit nowadays,cus u havent been updating like before,kip it cuming,His grace is ur strenght.
Thanks dear..have been really busy but i promise to be posting each time am less busy

1 Like

Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 10:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
"Don't even try to tell me you're falling in love with him,we had a deal and its to make him mine and no else can compete.Or else your family's biggest secret will be revealed".I'm very sure that was Rose's voice
" I saw him with a girl today although from the look of things,it seem they are lovers but when i got closer and asked him,he said she was his sister and that".That was jenny.
"Rose,you know am just doing this for my family but that shouldn't give you the right to threaten me" OMG that was clearly Lizzy.
I could hear them arguing and so i decided to just turn back and go home.
"You must be very stupid for trying to force yourself on my boyfriend whom your dad killed his parents just because he refused to take bribe from him".
I rushed back immediately to the window with my ears wide opened..sure I'm not Rose's boyfriend but i know Lizzy was loving me and so i was confused.
" what!!!!!!! Rose,are you serious?"The voice i suspected to be Jenny's voice asked screaming.
"Go ahead and say anything you want but all i know is that you won't get him if i don't and i will doubt your evidence to the very end.look at who is talking self,Rose that my mum brought into this have grown wings".
" Will you stop this rubbish"Jenny yelled.
and suddenly everywhere became very quiet.
"I love Peter and not even you can stop that".Lizzy added and i immediately opened the door..

MORE COMING IN TOMORROW PLEASE

1 Like

Re: Broken Heart*** by queenitee(f): 8:42am On Jun 06, 2017
Peterkeys6 if you don't update, even uncle P won't be able to recuse you from my hand. Be putting someone in suspense
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 12:10pm On Jun 06, 2017
queenitee:
Peterkeys6 if you don't update, even uncle P won't be able to recuse you from my hand. Be putting someone in suspense
lol Iyam sorry ma
Re: Broken Heart*** by Akinwale14(m): 11:13pm On Jun 06, 2017
nice story
Re: Broken Heart*** by Peterkeys6(m): 6:38pm On Jun 07, 2017
Lizzy immediately rushed and knelt before me...
"Peter,I know you've heard everything but please believe me my dad didn't do it intentionally,he was only trying to protect his name and dignity..I love you but I've been hiding it all this while."Lizzy said already crying.
I immediately gave her three heavy slaps that she fell to the ground.
"Rose, Jenny so you guys knew about this all this while and you've been hiding it from me?".I asked screaming at the top of my voice.
"I wasn't aware of all this believe me, I was only trying to get you back to Rose".Jenny said defending herself.
Lizzy laid down crying her life out but I wasn't moved.
"Peter,believe me I couldn't bring myself to telling you.
Okay okay,let me just say this since you've already known.
I returned from school on a Thursday,when i entered the house,everywhere was quiet so I decided not to check on mum(Mrs Johnson).Suddenly I could hear mum yelling at the top of her voice saying something about her best friend,I went closer and I was surprised at the confession my dad (Mr Johnson) was making."Yes I killed Justice Jacob and his wife but if I hadn't killed him,do you think I would have won the case back then?"dad asked.
And luckily for me,I recorded everything because I developed hatred for mum for making me a lesbian and I promised to pay her back someday and so I held to what I recorded and I knew I was going to use it someday.
When I met you then and you told me about your family and how they died in a car accident, I started relating it to the justice Jacob and so I went home and asked Mrs Johnson about her best friend's death. At first she look at me suspiciously but I just made her believe I just wanted to know.She told me exactly the same story you told me and that was when I knew my suspicions were right. She never knew we were dating until that day you caught the both of us.She later found out that I knew something about the family's secret and so she began to maltreat me until I threatened to reveal the secret.I became hard heartened and joined another rival cult group,that was when I met Lizzy her daughter who've been schooling abroad and Jenny here.When I found out you were schooling here,I decided to come and get you..
Rose didn't complete what she was saying before Mrs Johnson entered with a gun pointing at Rose.

1 Like

Re: Broken Heart*** by queenitee(f): 10:33pm On Jun 07, 2017
Gobe
Re: Broken Heart*** by Akinwale14(m): 10:47pm On Jun 07, 2017
Peterkeys6 weldon abeg continue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

GOOD GUY AT 23 / Which Author's Books Have You Read The Most? / The Book Of Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.