Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,790 members, 7,817,282 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:26 AM

Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle (78024 Views)

Paul Pogba Opts For Ramadan Trip To Mecca Rather Than Holidaying / Paul Pogba Spotted In Mecca For Ramadan (Photo) / Cristiano Ronaldo Changes Hairstyle After Champions League Victory (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by Nobody: 6:17pm On May 28, 2017
LordOfNaira:

He seemed to have been born to a Christian father but was completely raised by his Muslim mother. Moreover, Paul, itself, is not a Christian name. It is a Roman name. Paul's original Hebrew name was Saul.
pls read history well Paul is a Turkish
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by Abuzay2r(m): 6:18pm On May 28, 2017
When you come to Islam from other religion, you don't have to change your name(s). You only need to
1)Testify & Belief that God is one & Proph Muhammad is His Messenger. 2)Belief in all Prophets incl Jesus(AS) & Prophet Muhammad(Sallallahu-Alain-Wassalam).
3)Belief in all the holy books incl Torah & Quran.
4)Belief in the angels,
5)And belief in life after death.
6)Qadr (Predestination).
Wallah Aallam (Allah knows best).

Airtimex:
Don't know Muslims answer Paul now shocked
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by LordOfNaira: 6:20pm On May 28, 2017
bamidelee:
pls read history well Paul is a Turkish
The name "Paul" is Roman. His Hebrew name was Saul.
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by LordOfNaira: 6:21pm On May 28, 2017
banggy:

u nailed it bro May Almighty Allah bless the woman that raise you
Thank you, my brother!!!
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by ItsMeAboki(m): 6:36pm On May 28, 2017
Misterdhee1:

What about Pastor Suleiman?
Yakubu Dogara and many more.
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by Demmzy15(m): 6:36pm On May 28, 2017
malton:

Christians, especially those of Northern extraction bearing Arabic names is nothing new.

Lots of Arabic words have been adopted into the Hausa Language.

So it's commonplace seeing Hausa Christians answer names like Suleiman, which corresponds to Solomon. Some Southern Muslims who were born in the north are also given such names. Christians bear names such as Iliya, Auwal, Mustapha, Aliyu, Garba, and the likes.

However, a Muslim bearing Paul is unusual. Because Muslims hate anything Christian. In Northern Nigeria, he would be forced to adopt an Arabic name.
In the West, you find many like that. I've heard of Muslims bearing George, Hector Oliver and they're not anyhow Muslims, I mean strict Muslims. What is common is that, they're mostly reverts!

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by Klington: 6:38pm On May 28, 2017
Misterdhee1:

He's a convertee. Born in a Muslim home.
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by Klington: 6:40pm On May 28, 2017
Airtimex:
the thing tire me o,,,,, sounds hypocritical
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by Demmzy15(m): 6:42pm On May 28, 2017
Sunofgod:
The converts tend to be worse terrorists...... just my observation.
Many converts especially when through the wrong channel tend to be worse because they have high zeal. I've heard of like 5 Amir of ISIS who were recent converts, some have fought for various extremist groups like Al Shabab and Taliban
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by papawember2016(m): 6:46pm On May 28, 2017
He used the Name Paul to deceived the Us
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by bablex01(m): 7:03pm On May 28, 2017
maqhallah
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by emanobis(m): 7:21pm On May 28, 2017
Misterdhee1:

In d case of Pastor Suleiman, Suleiman is a native northern name just as Uchenna or Ugochukwu is a native Igbo name or Kehinde and Opeyemi is a ntive yoruba name.
So,Suleiman is not an Arabic name,bt Paul, Peter is a Christian name jst as Adbulazeez or Adbuwaheeb is an Arabic name.
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by malvisguy212: 7:23pm On May 28, 2017
SuccesYear:
emphatic YES Muslims believe in Bible as is one of scriptures sent down
the bible is not a sent down revelation like the Quran. the bible is the handiwork of the Holy spirit, holy men of God, inspired by the Holy spirit.
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by majamajic(m): 7:27pm On May 28, 2017
azimibraun:
Zlatan Ibrahimovic is a Muslim also but it's quite hard to knw.. Even Akon.

Yes I know all that... I have lived in a country of 96% Muslims before.

From my understanding Paul Pogba is not a born Muslim. He is practicing it.

His dad Anthony a Christian and a Muslim mum.. due to his love for her mum. He switched . His snr bro is Matthias, who still like their dad practice Christianity.

And mind u guys Sule is not a Muslim name.
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by Misterdhee1(m): 7:30pm On May 28, 2017
emanobis:

In d case of Pastor Suleiman, Suleiman is a native northern name just as Uchenna or Ugochukwu is a native Igbo name or Kehinde and Opeyemi is a ntive yoruba name.
So,Suleiman is not an Arabic name,bt Paul, Peter is a Christian name jst as Adbulazeez or Adbuwaheeb is an Arabic name.
No need for argument bro, Suleiman is an Arabic name. Here is a Wikipedia page that asserts that - https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suleiman. Also, Paul, Peter are also more of Hebrew names. These names have existed before Islam and Christianity came to being.
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by Ayire(m): 7:40pm On May 28, 2017
NwaObinkita:
Is this the goals Manchester United asked you to give them?

No wonder he couldn't live up to the amount he was bought...
This guy reminds me of Adebowale the Woolwich guy.

I always thought Paul Pogba was a Christian, well this explains his angry soul, rage and those sadistic tendencies

You are nothing but a reprobate, you are even more sadistic than e can possibly be, you could have shown us you belong to a better religion by not been bitter or sadistic like you suggested he is. People like won't grown when you rage in hate and judge people you don't even know anything about, how would you feel if i judge you and call you a low life and never do well somebody ( I guess you will say I took it too far). Do you get my point now ?

2 Likes

Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by fynex(m): 7:42pm On May 28, 2017
Basildvalour:
Before God, he acknowledges decency. That is a good one.

How good is that?
When God is omnipresent,everywhere!
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by fufuNegusi(m): 8:02pm On May 28, 2017
Airtimex:

Bros, mesef tire oh. ..
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by osazsky(m): 8:06pm On May 28, 2017
mostcerebral:
Thats the best midfielder in the world!
Pogba wey nor dey play anything na im b d best midfielder for d world na back of television u dey wash. U nor even mention David Silva, fabrigas, Kante, DE brynne abi na modric or Tony Kross. Guy u funny o u better start watching football
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by gentle007(m): 8:16pm On May 28, 2017
Misterdhee1:
Suleiman is an Hausa name and not a Muslim name
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by Misterdhee1(m): 8:19pm On May 28, 2017
gentle007:

Suleiman is an Hausa name and not a Muslim name
How many times will i say this! Suleiman is an Arabic name. Chaii! A simple search on google will enlighten u on this.
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by misterh(m): 8:50pm On May 28, 2017
miky:
Does this guys want people to hate him in England??

Why go join muslims now of all times! No body want to associate with them, especially after the bombing..

So stupid
What do you mean by 'Why go join Muslims now of all times'? Do you want him to hide his religion? What's so stupid about it?
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by Ishaq717(m): 9:20pm On May 28, 2017
Timmy301:
Gbam!! u just spoke my mind
he's a convertee, and Paul is His surname no way he could change that
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by Ishaq717(m): 9:25pm On May 28, 2017
emanobis:

oga, Suleiman is an Arabic name not a native northern name
emanobis:

emanobis:

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by bilal4riid(m): 9:27pm On May 28, 2017
malton:

Christians, especially those of Northern extraction bearing Arabic names is nothing new.

So it's commonplace seeing Hausa Christians answer names like Suleiman, which corresponds to Solomon. Some Southern Muslims who were born in the north are also given such names. Christians bear names such as Iliya, Auwal, Mustapha, Aliyu, Garba, and the likes.

However, a Muslim bearing Paul is unusual. Because Muslims hate anything Christian. In Northern Nigeria, he would be forced to adopt an Arabic name.
Y skewed your thoughts. Think globally, think outside the box
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by Eno38151: 9:27pm On May 28, 2017
malton:

You spoke about hausa borrowing names from arabic, who told you that the "pastor Suleiman" guy is Hausa ?

Being a Northener does not make you hausa, there are Muslims from the north that don't speak hausa.

Since you said in the north he would be forced to adopt an arabic name, how come the christians in North​ern Nigeria are not forced to drop their Arab names?

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by JayB11(m): 9:28pm On May 28, 2017
Airtimex:
I am a Christian, i bear the name Umar Babangida Tukur. From a slight sight, u will conclude that i am an absolute Muslim, bt guess what, i am a Catholic and i spent six good years at a Catholic Seminary where for u to b admitted, ur parents must be Christians (Catholics) and must be recognized by d Church. My Grand parents all died as Christians and where buried by the Church. This is common mostly in the North.
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by nurusystem(m): 9:30pm On May 28, 2017
fuckingAyaya:
am a Christian but guess one is free to choose his religion.
And so what if you are a Christian and who say if you are brainwash in any religion that you don't have choices to choose from other religious beliefs. My guy wake up.
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by nurusystem(m): 9:55pm On May 28, 2017
Islam rulling and it power to revert major Cele, actors, scientist, rapper's, pastors, priest, popes, nuns, Bishops, reverend, artist like late Micheal Jackson, pogba, Janet Jackson, Mike Tyson, MUHAMMAD Ali, Adebayo, EMMANUEL, yusuf Estee, ice cube, dramendra, EPP, Akon, T pain, more is coming, Islam is beautiful.

1 Like

Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by carlos1(m): 10:04pm On May 28, 2017
Basildvalour:
Before God, he acknowledges decency. That is a good one.

Chai! Pogba Ugly sha. Em head b like hammer
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by demsid(m): 10:04pm On May 28, 2017
Shortyy:

Dummy everything isn't about money. I like pogba, his body and all that turns me on
u are du.mb, so u can't make ur point without insulting f.ool
Re: Ramadan: Pogba Spotted In Mecca Check Out His Hairstyle by Shortyy(f): 10:07pm On May 28, 2017
demsid:
u are du.mb, so u can't make ur point without insulting f.ool
That's what you get when you post trash on my mentions. wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Katsuya Takasu Angry With Nigerian Officials Over His Donation To Olympic Team / AS Roma To Adopt Super Eagles Design For Their Next Jersey / Mikel Obi Gushes Over His Twin Daughters At The Beach (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.