Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,904 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Jos Crisis Again - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Crisis Again (13362 Views)

The True Cause Of Reported Jos Crisis / Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again / Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Crisis Again by Uche2nna(m): 7:39pm On Jan 17, 2010
Katsumoto:

When one tries to be positive, believing that each tribe/region has something to offer, these murderers go on rampage giving you a bit of reality check. I have argued that a more educated North will offer more and refuse to be used by their political elite to forment trouble. What is the point of believing in one Nigeria and being massacred in the North?

Dont worry.

One day we will all wake up and smell the coffee. I hope it wont be too late by now sad
Re: Jos Crisis Again by aloyemeka7: 7:47pm On Jan 17, 2010
Katsumoto:

When one tries to be positive, believing that each tribe/region has something to offer, these murderers go on rampage giving you a bit of reality check. I have argued that a more educated North will offer more and refuse to be used by their political elite to forment trouble. What is the point of believing in one Nigeria and being massacred in the North?

Wasn't that Ojukwu's fear 40 years ago?. Shebi you are seeing it now?. This is just the beginning of the doom in Nigeria. By the end of 2011, Nigeria will be worse than Haiti.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Beaf: 7:50pm On Jan 17, 2010
I have been wondering if at the rate we are going, elections will be possible next year. . . Or will we have peace keepers instead?
Re: Jos Crisis Again by edoyad(m): 7:58pm On Jan 17, 2010
It's not easy but it must be done. Trying to reason with hausa people is like trying to make sense to rams in the market, something like 70% of them are tantamount to illiterates while 90% of the rest are. . . (i don't know if foo.lish is an apt description)
Re: Jos Crisis Again by olabukola: 8:00pm On Jan 17, 2010
Katsumoto:

If this come from an ibo man we will call for his head. Now you are talking like them now reality check is setting in. When will my people realise that we are leaving with blood thirsty humans? Can't we have an Odua leader to liberate us from this sub zero human beings? I will come to Nigeria and take up arms am getting frustrated over on what is happening in Nigeria.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by asha80(m): 8:01pm On Jan 17, 2010
edoyad:

It's not easy but it must be done. Trying to reason with hausa people is like trying to make sense to rams in the market, something like 70% of them are tantamount to illiterates while 90% of the rest are. . . (i don't know if foo.lish is an apt description)

shocked grin

Guy take am easy oo.Remember you are living amognst them
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Beaf: 8:04pm On Jan 17, 2010
olabukola:

If this come from an ibo man we will call for his head. Now you are talking like them now reality check is setting in. When will my people realise that we are leaving with blood thirsty humans? Can't we have an Odua leader to liberate us from this sub zero human beings? I will come to Nigeria and take up arms am getting frustrated over on what is happening in Nigeria.

I keep saying it is past the time for Southerners to see sense in having one united voice. It doesn't matter if we end up in deifferent countries or work out something equitable; we just need to stop fighting like the main fire isn't burning hotter elsewhere.

I believe the Middle Belt will see sense in sticking with a united South as well.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by aloyemeka7: 8:07pm On Jan 17, 2010
Beaf:

I keep saying it is past the time for Southerners to see sense in having one united voice. It doesn't matter if we end up in deifferent countries or work out something equitable; we just need to stop fighting like the main fire isn't burning hotter elsewhere.

I believe the Middle Belt will see sense in sticking with a united South as well.

It will still be a problem because southerners don't know where to draw boundaries. What will you do with Kwara and Kogi states?. You see why we are in deep sh.it?
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Katsumoto: 8:08pm On Jan 17, 2010
olabukola:

Dude relax
Why will you call for anyone's head? Is it a lie that many southerners die in meaningless religious/tribal feuds in the North? Stop trailing me; I am entitled to my own opinion and I an equally entitled to change my mind.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by edoyad(m): 8:11pm On Jan 17, 2010
Even if Nigeria is divided and a middle belt country is created they will keep migrating from their barren lands to out of hunger to come and pester the other counties. Part of what is happening is rooted in jealousy, they see children of other people going to school and becoming useful to society; tell me what can an illiterate with religious knowledge become in this world in the year 2010 ? Either a bus conductor, water hawker or a religious riot opportunist ( loot and have something to sell and survive on.)
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Katsumoto: 8:11pm On Jan 17, 2010
Beaf:

Correct
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Beaf: 8:14pm On Jan 17, 2010
aloy*emeka:

It will still be a problem because southerners don't know where to draw boundaries. What will you do with Kwara and Kogi states?. You see why we are in deep sh.it?

No drawing of boundaries, those tired of the current arrangement will join discussions. Those not interested wouldn't join in and naturally, no sharia practising state will be allowed in.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Beaf: 8:17pm On Jan 17, 2010
Watch the almajiri production line.

[flash=560,340]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su3ooQGsMxM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Jos Crisis Again by edoyad(m): 8:23pm On Jan 17, 2010
What sort of question is that ? If the Muslims in Kwara, Kogi and Niger feel they will be better off with hausa people they should be left to join them. But when the true middle , Major Gideon Orkar split Nigeria and cast these people to Niger republic, many thought it was uncalled for, now you can all see.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by WilyWily7: 8:23pm On Jan 17, 2010
olabukola:

When will my people realise that we are leaving with blood thirsty humans? Can't we have an Odua leader to liberate us from this sub zero human beings? I will come to Nigeria and take up arms am getting frustrated over on what is happening in Nigeria.
Olabukola,
I'm surprise that those Sub zero human beings as you called them are the best friends of the Yoruba.
edoyad:

Edoyad are you calling Hausa/Fulanis goat?
Re: Jos Crisis Again by edoyad(m): 8:29pm On Jan 17, 2010
Wilywily grin Honestly goat doesn't even begin to describe them. I know i told you to stop insulting them but this has become too much. How can one reason with such madness.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by An0nimus: 8:36pm On Jan 17, 2010
Lord have mercy on ur children.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 17, 2010
Gone are those days where they go on rampage and nothing happens. These days I trust my brothers in the south-Onitsha, Aba, owerri, they must certainly avenge with repraisal killing. We have been silent and tried to be our brothers keepers for too long.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by edoyad(m): 8:44pm On Jan 17, 2010
Fynewaka you think they care for their brothers in other parts of the country ? They know when they kill a christian or non muslim(don't believe in God) they've killed an educated person that's equal to 1000 of their own. How many of them will you kill ? We don do that one tire here
Re: Jos Crisis Again by koolchicco: 9:00pm On Jan 17, 2010
Jos crisis again?

Will anything good ever come out of the North? undecided

GOSH!!! angry angry
Re: Jos Crisis Again by WilyWily7: 9:06pm On Jan 17, 2010
Beaf:

Saboteur Yorubas are the only problem Southerners will have in having a united voice.
They will sneak secretly to North at  midnight to pay them a Thank you visit.
Yoruba stop snitching, your behaviours are not helping Southern Nigeria.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by metalgong5(m): 9:20pm On Jan 17, 2010
Wily*Wily:

Saboteur Yorubas are the only problem Southerners will have in having a united voice.
They will sneak secretly to North at midnight to pay them a Thank you visit.

hahahahahahahahahaah . . .Yoruba people are jokes.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by bawomolo(m): 9:22pm On Jan 17, 2010
But but Nigeria shouldn't be a country of concern, we are a peace loving people.
This kind of religious wahala only gives CNN and co some more ammo. It's sad how jos has gone from tourist convention spot to warzone.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 17, 2010
Wilywily and mental-gong
una wan derail this thread again abi tryin to twist beaf comment
Re: Jos Crisis Again by aloyemeka7: 9:41pm On Jan 17, 2010
fynewaka:

Gone are those days where they go on rampage and nothing happens. These days I trust my brothers in the south-Onitsha, Aba, owerri, they must certainly avenge with repraisal killing. We have been silent and tried to be our brothers keepers for too long.

Reports reaching my desk now said that security is beefed up in Asaba, Onitsha, Umuahia  and Aba.  Delta state governor is considering a curfew at Asaba from 6pm until things settle down. The whole Onitsha barrack are on the street, armed to the teeth especially around the hausa neighborhoods.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by edoyad(m): 9:44pm On Jan 17, 2010
When i was in secondary school in jos, you couldn't walk 3 miles on the main streets of the town without seeing foreigners, there was even an American high school called Hill Crest, now see what these rams have done to that town. These Arab wannabes are just miserable people, and the funny thing is that the real Arabs don't even like them that much, they go for haj and start stealing from shops cos of their extreme poverty. If we don't get another Gideon Orkar we will not see peace or prosperity cos of these illiterate rams
Re: Jos Crisis Again by ElRazur: 9:45pm On Jan 17, 2010
aloy*emeka:

Reports reaching my desk now said that security is beefed up in Asaba, Onitsha, Umuahia  and Aba.  Delta state governor is considering a curfew at Asaba from 6pm until things settle down. The whole Onitsha barrack are on the street, armed to the teeth especially around the hausa neighborhoods.

And your point is? Gosh get over yourself, you aint no news source ffs.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Katsumoto: 9:46pm On Jan 17, 2010
aloy*emeka:

Reports reaching my desk now said that security is beefed up in Asaba, Onitsha, Umuahia  and Aba.  Delta state governor is considering a curfew at Asaba  from 6pm until things settle down. The whole Onitsha barrack are on the street, armed to the teeth especially around the hausa neighborhoods.

Why are they always quick to deploy troops in the South whenever southerners have been killed in the North?
Re: Jos Crisis Again by eyesonyou: 9:47pm On Jan 17, 2010
Wily*Wily:

They will sneak secretly to North at  midnight to pay them a Thank you visit.

A mind they say is a terrible thing to waste. But YOU have certainly lost yours.

Back to the thread.

The problem of Nigeria is deeper than  North or South or even religion.
Civil disobedience be it in form of religious riot is a symptom of a far greater ailment.
Lack of equity and justice for all, deep-seated corruption at all levels, abject poverty, are the root cause of Nigeria's problems.
The Hausa people go on rampage because their elites have denied them access to education, as such, they are prime
for indoctrination of any kind, political or religious wise.

Frankly, the North needs serious help; they are at the bottom of every ladder in Nigeria.
The Northern masses cannot liberate themselves because they lack the ability to do so.
A blind man cannot lead another blind man out of a smooth terrain talk-less of a rough terrain
like Nigeria. The South must do it for the North for Nigeria to progress as a Nation.

The South must realize that the development of the North is essential to  the overall
progression of the nation at large.

Splitting Nigeria into (what?) may sound like a good idea in the interim.  I welcome that if we can all go our separate ways peacefully.
But I realize that Nigeria is very complex and the question of a peaceful breakup is at best a wishful thinking, plus Nigeria is so heterogeneous in terms of identity
that every village will want a country of theirs. In the end we may all lose.

Nigerians of must put aside their differences for now and fight the plaque in the system.  
The South however must lead the charge.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by aloyemeka7: 9:47pm On Jan 17, 2010
ElRazur:

And your point is? Gosh get over yourself, you aint no news source ffs.

My point is if igbos try any nonsense, the military will massacre them. So it's better they chill out for now until plans are in place for secession.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by aloyemeka7: 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2010
Katsumoto:

Why are they always quick to deploy troops in the South whenever southerners have been killed in the North?

Because it's the after effect. Southerners do not massacre northerners out of nowhere so, there is no way the military will know when these almajiris are going to strike. There is curfew in Jos now from 6pm and they are containing the situation which is impressive. When there was reprisal attacks in the SE during the Kaduna riots, it took them 3 days to restore order because they didn't plan for it. Now, they know that if there is any gunshot in the North, whether it concerns igbos or not, they have a tendency to avenge even if one igbo blood is spilled. The last Jos crisis took the lives of about 300 Yorubas and few igbos yet there was pandemonium in the east as against the west.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by WilyWily7: 10:01pm On Jan 17, 2010
@edoya
You hail from Nok as you said, try and call your Northern brothers to order.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Jonathan Commissions N235.5b Steel Factory / N400bn Fraud: Fayemi Replies Ekiti Assembly: "Allegations Are Mere Fabrication" / "No Traces Of Poison, Metals Found In Adeleke" – Pathologist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.