Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,879 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:18 PM

Jos Crisis Again - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos Crisis Again (13361 Views)

The True Cause Of Reported Jos Crisis / Ijaw Itsekiri Crisis Again / Igbo, Yoruba, Others Demand N670bn Compesentation For Jos Crisis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jos Crisis Again by oge4real(f): 12:47pm On Jan 18, 2010
All my life, I have always taken a liberal approach to religious exprssions and beliefs, but with the present rate of senseless killings, maimings and what not by same group of fundamentalists, I'm beginning to have a rethink and forced to dislike that sect of people/animals!
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Devonian(m): 12:50pm On Jan 18, 2010
@ Katsumoto: I've repeatedly emphasised on NL that it's high time Northern and Southern Nigeria split. Let the Gworo mouthed and teeethed Northerners go it alone. If this had happened, the rest of us Southerners wouldn't be tarred with the same brush of being "fundamental Muslim terrorist." The problem is that our 'so-called' leaders in Southern Nigeria have sold our birth-rights to the Northerners. The day would, however, come when all these leaders (Northerners and Southerners alike) would, without exemption, have to face the wrath of gunmen, and in Jerry Rawling's mutiny style, be unsparingly eliminated.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by ElRazur: 12:59pm On Jan 18, 2010
Devonian:

@ Katsumoto: I've repeatedly emphasised on NL that it's high time Northern and Southern Nigeria split.

Even though you have 8 post to your name? Care telling us who you really are? grin
Re: Jos Crisis Again by ElRazur: 1:00pm On Jan 18, 2010
metal-gong:

hahahahahahaahah . . . ROTFLMAo grin

Please leave RICHYBLACK alone, he was better than KOSOVO.

Please don't insult Kosovo.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by muhsin(m): 2:00pm On Jan 18, 2010
Poverty and illiteracy cause everything.

May God, the Almighty, bring an end to such atrocity, amin.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by PurestBoy(m): 2:01pm On Jan 18, 2010
Islam is a religion of peace indeed!!
Re: Jos Crisis Again by otukpo(f): 2:13pm On Jan 18, 2010
Am sure the moslems are better of having their own country where they can practice sharia and jihad as mush as they like.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by farouqb(m): 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2010
NL is becoming a hatred incubation center,
Anyway, keep concentrating on ur hatred and we keep concentrating on how
to lead u 4ever.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by udennaa: 2:37pm On Jan 18, 2010
farouqb:

Anyway, keep concentrating on your hatred and we keep concentrating on how
to lead u 4ever.

aboki,we are only stating the obvious.everytin about you people is evil.i dont know the god that created u vampires.your comment shows there is no atom of human sympathy in u.how can beasts(moslems) n human beings(xtians) b living together.we dont have d same religion,culture,history,language etc.your siege over d country will b broken one day n u'll have to pay for the atrocities n these senseless killings against the southerners,that i know.ewu awusa
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Katsumoto: 2:45pm On Jan 18, 2010
farouqb:

to lead u 4ever.

One day monkey go go market, e go no return.
Nigeria is changing; if you think that the status quo will remain, then you are a joker.
Southerners are getting fed up and one day go be one day.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by JNdupu: 2:49pm On Jan 18, 2010
This hatred is only toying with your pragmatism now but it could eventually consume you .  It's ok though, you're only typing stuff on the internet so you don't have to confront the consequences of your keyboard activism.

When your "break-up" occurs, will you continue to break up into smaller entities as all the communty violence continues (eg, Ijaws fight Urhobos)?  Then we will have a country in each village?

Let us not descend to the level of those for whom violence is an opportunity.

udennaa:

aboki,we are only stating the obvious.everytin about you people is evil.i dont know the god that created u vampires.your comment shows there is no atom of human sympathy in u.how can beasts(moslems) n human beings(xtians) b living together.we dont have d same religion,culture,history,language etc.your siege over d country will b broken one day n u'll have to pay for the atrocities n these senseless killings against the southerners,that i know.ewu awusa
Re: Jos Crisis Again by SapeleGuy: 3:16pm On Jan 18, 2010
^^^ Are you implying that Izon or Urhobo are villages ? I have not heard any fighting between urhobo and izon, in fact i will ask you to say where you are from and I will give you more examples of community violence.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Beaf: 3:22pm On Jan 18, 2010
JNdupu:

This hatred is only toying with your pragmatism now but it could eventually consume you .  It's ok though, you're only typing stuff on the internet so you don't have to confront the consequences of your keyboard activism.

When your "break-up" occurs, will you continue to break up into smaller entities as all the communty violence continues (eg, Ijaws fight Urhobos)?  Then we will have a country in each village?

Let us not descend to the level of those for whom violence is an opportunity.

This Hausa people sef!
When did Ijaws ever fight Urhobo's? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Why lying just to try to spread disunity in the South? Una beans don burn! grin
[size=14pt]Ijaws and Urhobos will [b]never [/b]fight, we are one big luvy duvy family.[/size] grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Jos Crisis Again by JNdupu: 3:55pm On Jan 18, 2010
My bad, it was Ijaws/Itsekeris

http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/topic,463af2212,469f2ea52,3ae6ac1748,0.html

Apologies but I don't want to emphasize too much on this one case. It is instructive that ethnic or political violence permeates all parts of Nigeria often pitching village against village. My point is that the underlying cause is not necessarily religion and you do not advocate the painful separation of a country because of that. Even if it was, what do you do with all the Christians in the "excised" North or the Muslims in the South?

The underlying problems are deeper than that and we need to approach them as one nation. There are a lot of uneducated people being exploited by vested interests and smart politicians.

No different from you lot, shouting for Civil war when you are safely ensconced behind your keyboard expecting others to plant the ogbunigwe and take the bullets.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by edoyad(m): 4:02pm On Jan 18, 2010
farouqb:

to lead u 4ever.

Look at this unfortunate human being. Who are you leading forever ? Even in KADUNA STATE where a christian has never been governor the hausas there who claim to be in the majority are still poorer and by far less educated not to mention the rest of Nigeria. I'll soon start posting pictures of how your people live on NL so that we can start collecting donations to send for your survival.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Katsumoto: 4:15pm On Jan 18, 2010
JNdupu:

My bad, it was Ijaws/Itsekeris

http://www.unhcr.org/refworld/topic,463af2212,469f2ea52,3ae6ac1748,0.html

Apologies but I don't want to emphasize too much on this one case.  It is instructive that ethnic or political violence permeates all parts of Nigeria often pitching village against village.  My point is that the underlying cause is not necessarily religion and you do not advocate the painful separation of a country because of that.  Even if it was, what do you do with all the Christians in the "excised" North or the Muslims in the South?  

The underlying problems are deeper than that and we need to approach them as one nation.  There are a lot of uneducated people being exploited by vested interests and smart politicians.

No different from you lot, shouting for Civil war when you are safely ensconced behind your keyboard expecting others to plant the ogbunigwe and take the bullets.

No one is shouting for civil war; they are only advocating a peaceful separation of the country for varying reasons. Unless you want to be disingenuous, tribal/religious disturbances are more rampant in the North. Even when there are ethnic disturbances in the South it is usually as a result of a clearly orchestrated and devilish implementation of a strategy devised by a politician/soldier from the Northern part of the country.

Southerners are generally had working people and they are tired of being held down by a powerful, minority cabal from the North in collaboration with greedy ass kissing Southerners. As long as Southerners, be they muslim and/or christian, continue to be targeted for extermination by a group of uneducated, unproductive but murderous almajiris, then Southerners, in whatever guise, will continue to advocate for a separate country. Once the cause of rot and poverty is extinguished, ethnic clashes will be a thing of the past in the South.

While we are at it, why do you feel the need to preach to us? Should you not be out there on the streets of the North fighting this Almajiri culture? What are you doing to fight a culture that continues to embarrass you as a person (I say that because you seem like an educated and enlightened person)? What are the educated northerners doing about this often destructive culture? Of course you sit back and watch because the Almajiris do your dirty work. When the time comes to deal with Southerners, you send word to your foot soldiers and all hell is broken loose.

Nigeria can not continue, either, you Northerners buckle up or be ready for disintegration. Either way, change is coming.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by JNdupu: 4:37pm On Jan 18, 2010
You really believe this bogeyman Northerner theory? They are everywhere, even formenting trouble in the South?

At least you partially address the issue - the underlying cause of most of these violence is rot and poverty, and illiteracy. When these are addressed, a lot of the violence in the North as well will be reduced. There are sane and level-headed people in the north who can debate the issue of religious intolerance if they find reasonably educated counterparts. In the meantime, the Federal Govt. should protect its citizens in every part of the country and that failing needs to be addressed and not just throw up our hands.

I'll tell you what I am doing, I am investing in NGOs involved in education and creating better life opportunities. A portion of my monthly income is loaned out via kiva.org and my criteria is set to direct these to women ,

More importantly, I am providing an alternative mouthpiece to those who would see our country go down in flames.

Katsumoto:

No one is shouting for civil war; they are only advocating a peaceful separation of the country for varying reasons. Unless you want to be disingenuous, tribal/religious disturbances are more rampant in the North. Even when there are ethnic disturbances in the South it is usually as a result of a clearly orchestrated and devilish implementation of a strategy devised by a politician/soldier from the Northern part of the country.

Southerners are generally had working people and they are tired of being held down by a powerful, minority cabal from the North in collaboration with greedy backside kissing Southerners. As long as Southerners, be they muslim and/or christian, continue to be targeted for extermination by a group of uneducated, unproductive but murderous almajiris, then Southerners, in whatever guise, will continue to advocate for a separate country. Once the cause of rot and poverty is extinguished, ethnic clashes will be a thing of the past in the South.

While we are at it, why do you feel the need to preach to us? Should you not be out there on the streets of the North fighting this Almajiri culture? What are you doing to fight a culture that continues to embarrass you as a person (I say that because you seem like an educated and enlightened person)? What are the educated northerners doing about this often destructive culture? Of course you sit back and watch because the Almajiris do your dirty work. When the time comes to deal with Southerners, you send word to your foot soldiers and all hell is broken loose.

Nigeria can not continue, either, you Northerners buckle up or be ready for disintegration. Either way, change is coming.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:47pm On Jan 18, 2010
AFTER UNA GO TALK SAY "WE ARE NOT A TERRORIST SPONSORING STATE"

tseew, shebi those stupid sensless things called imale have started again. una never see o, u just start. when una eye clear una go seperate them into their cages and split this dead "thing" called nigeria
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Katsumoto: 4:52pm On Jan 18, 2010
JNdupu:

You really believe this bogeyman Northerner theory?  They are everywhere, even formenting trouble in the South?

At least you partially address the issue - the underlying cause of most of these violence is rot and poverty, and illiteracy.  When these are addressed, a lot of the violence in the North as well will be reduced.  There are sane and level-headed people in the north who can debate the issue of religious intolerance if they find reasonably educated counterparts.  In the meantime, the Federal Govt. should protect its citizens in every part of the country and that failing needs to be addressed and not just throw up our hands.

I'll tell you what I am doing, I am investing in NGOs involved in education and creating better life opportunities.  A portion of my monthly income is loaned out via kiva.org and my criteria is set to direct these to women ,

More importantly, I am providing an alternative mouthpiece to those who would see our country go down in flames.

Thank you for your post.
I have often advocated on these forums that a more educated North would be beneficial to Nigeria as a whole. However, there are people living in the South in very poor conditions; you don't see them killing Northerners. Poverty should not be an excuse for mudering your fellow citizens. The truth is that these people are wicked and evil. Afterall, Mutallab is from a very wealthy family. He attended a very good school in London, yet he was willing to be an agent of doom. He has succeeded in making Nigeria and Nigerians the object of scrutiny and humilation. He has succeeded in denying a great number of people the opportunity to go abroad as economic migrants and students; people running away from an undeveloped system created by friends of his father. Also the Almajiris are sent to do the evil work of the political elite in the North.

Now that we know that both educated and uneducated Northerner is willing to take the lives of other human beings, what is the way forward. By the way, I applaud your social efforts.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by 4llerbuntu(m): 4:56pm On Jan 18, 2010
point of correction, the problem is NOT POVERTY AND ILLITERACY!!!!!

is the north the only poor part of nigeria? when was the last time you went into the easgtern hinterland? or even the inner west? you think they are rich there?

and please, in this north you say, are you aware that its not only muslims that stay there and are poor? for example, kaduna south i.e kafanchan, kachia etc have a high population of very poor xtians! why do they not kill people at will?

THE EARLIER YOU ACCEPT THE STARK TRUTH THE BETTER!!!!! ITS A RELIGIOUS ISSUE!!!

i will have you know that a true muslim who follows the doctrine to the letter should have nothing to do with you and if he tries to convert you and you refuse, is obliged to kill you unholy kaffir off!!!!!

see, no matter how much and for how long you keep prevaricating and playing ostrich the reality never changes, no matter how much you play the tolerance card, u need to realise that the nearest muslim near you is your potential killer. he will kill you one day as long as you do not convert to suit his purpose simple.

after u will say ur not terrorist nation when potentially 50 million of your population have the potential and the motivation to be like osama bin ladin and be killing innocent pple in the name of religion.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by SapeleGuy: 5:10pm On Jan 18, 2010
Katsumoto, no vex but I have to ask the question. What has caused this seismic shift, it appears you have been radicalised. Wetin happen?
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Katsumoto: 5:22pm On Jan 18, 2010
SapeleGuy:

Katsumoto, no vex but I have to ask the question. What has caused this seismic shift, it appears you have been radicalised. Wetin happen?

You noticed? Was I such a one Nigeria apostle?
Lets just say I was pushed over the cliff by various events such as the following
Yaradull and his gang of thieves refusing to handover to Jonathan (not like he deserves it but its what the constitution demands)
That stupid Mutallab boy (some friends had a rough experience recently)
The murders in Jos

Those events together with the millions of actions/inactions from yester-years that I have tried to ignore.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by citizenY(m): 5:27pm On Jan 18, 2010
^^^^^^^
he was in the closet,
Re: Jos Crisis Again by daberechim: 5:31pm On Jan 18, 2010
This is why we were number 14 on the US watch list.It has been reported all over the world that their is religious riot in northern Nigeria. I tell you if these northerners have opportunity to bomb US airline they will with little or no brain washing. I give Kudos to niger delta militants. With years of militancy no foriegner was killed.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by Katsumoto: 5:32pm On Jan 18, 2010
citizenY:

^^^^^^^
he was in the closet,

Who was in the closet? If you mean me, please explain.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by JNdupu: 5:40pm On Jan 18, 2010
Omashe o.  But, let me quote directly from your avatar - "The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong".  The slippery slope to such weakness is when you start by dehumanizing others "they are wicked and evil" which makes it easier to lose all emphathy with them.  If you've suffered some personal loss (like I have but that's another story) because of the actions of a few, you need to be strong and not over-generalize.  You might not have the acclaim of the very vocal majority but many people will thank you for that.

Katsumoto:

Lets just say I was pushed over the cliff by various events such as the following
Yaradull and his gang of thieves refusing to handover to Jonathan (not like he deserves it but its what the constitution demands)
That silly Mutallab boy (some friends had a rough experience recently)
The murders in Jos

Those events together with the millions of actions/inactions from yester-years that I have tried to ignore.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by SapeleGuy: 5:42pm On Jan 18, 2010
Katsumoto:

That silly Mutallab boy (some friends had a rough experience recently)
The murders in Jos

I respect your honesty and pragmatism. We are not one country. Allowing sharia law in a secular nation was the straw that broke the camels back. That singular act confirmed that we are not one.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by monkeyleg: 5:43pm On Jan 18, 2010
@JNdupu,

You trully underestimate the true cause of all the wahala. Yes poverty might be part of it, but to suggest that other forces being involved is bogeyman theory, shows your simplistic approach.

This whole problem much be solved peacfully, but there are very big questions to be asked.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by daberechim: 5:48pm On Jan 18, 2010
oyibo!!!! Infact the ruling few should do what they can to avoid the nuclear bomb that is awaiting this country if these trend is not checked.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by JNdupu: 5:49pm On Jan 18, 2010
Thank you for your observation.  I still do not believe that bogeymen are crossing the Niger to go forment trouble but even if that was the case, poverty and illiteracy makes the targets susceptible to such influences.  Abi, if someone enters our living room with bags of moolah to go and kill our brothers down the road, you & I will rather employ our thinking faculties first .

I share your hope for peace.

monkeyleg:

@JNdupu,

You trully underestimate the true cause of all the wahala. Yes poverty might be part of it, but to suggest that other forces being involved is bogeyman theory, shows your simplistic approach.

This whole problem much be solved peacfully, but there are very big questions to be asked.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by nduchucks: 5:50pm On Jan 18, 2010
SapeleGuy:

I respect your honesty and pragmatism. We are not one country. Allowing sharia law in a secular nation was the straw that broke the camels back. That singular act confirmed that we are not one.

You need to educate yourself a bit, sharia has been practiced in the north without problems since 1960's at least.
Re: Jos Crisis Again by SapeleGuy: 6:05pm On Jan 18, 2010
ndu_chucks:

You need to educate yourself a bit, sharia has been practiced in the north without problems since 1960's at least.

If that is so, perhaps you might want to explain Ahmed Sani Yerima, Zamfara State and the Sharia Penal Code in the years 1999 to 2000.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

BRT - The Beginning of the End? / FG Hires Asset Tracers To Go After 150 Moneybags / Jonathan Commissions N235.5b Steel Factory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.