Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,704 members, 7,809,681 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:59 PM

Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude (26836 Views)

Why Are Nigerians Stupidly Closing State Borders And On Lockdown / PDP’s Ingratitude And Ekweremadu’s Sore Tales - By Joseph Edeh / Attack On Tinubu/Akande/Yoruba Over Buhari's Health: One Ingratitude Too Many (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by oweman: 8:37am On May 31, 2017
[quote author=doyinbaby post=57045224]May we never have civil war again in Nigeria

We need bother ourselves with all these as long as the sit at home is for biafrogs in ibo land its thierbissue not a national matter my only problem is that they stop disgracing Nigerians all over the world just heard of thier recent arrest in Ghana following the odious happening in far away Cambodia and India Tec .
They should just be carefull & be sure to stock food against forced starvstion after the voluntary starvation for Buharis death .

1 Like

Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by MrEverest(m): 8:38am On May 31, 2017
Nigeria can not waste the lives millions of Biafran children and expect to have peace. NEVER!!!

1 Like

Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by FREDDi(m): 8:38am On May 31, 2017
All these Hediat agitators Posting from lagos and Abuja...All you know best is wailing behind ya keyboards...when e turn bege now una go fit carry knife talkless of bindiga... shashasha birin-Yamiri...

1 Like

Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by rainylad(f): 8:39am On May 31, 2017
vantage001:

Are you surprised?
Ofcourse, they always look for any opportunity to cast aspersion on biafra.
The fact that the Nigerian government actively prevented these humanitarian benefits in the first place does not concern him or is irrelevant.
Evil people .

..They are evil personified and shall reap all they have sowed against Igbos in due course.

8 Likes

Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by Celcius: 8:39am On May 31, 2017
If Biafra be made of people who talk before comprehending or listening, Biafra will be needing another country as soon as Biafra is achieved. Very likely another (Aburi) accord or constitution will be signed/promulgated without reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by Benitomorgan: 8:40am On May 31, 2017
On behalf of Biafra nationals,i wish to say thank u to the many organisations metion here. Your numerous effort at salvaging the dying children of the world in general shall be repaid by the most high God in hundred folds. Thank u once more

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by Chukazu: 8:42am On May 31, 2017
Why can't some people read at all?

This news was published by Sun Newspaper
It shows the true state of the war, the well organized grand plan of genocide through starvation, which many Nigerian leaders have continued to deny including Obasanjo, but now we know better

It shows those we can truly call our enemies, the likes of Russian, British and Americans, and those who stood by us as friends in deed like Norway (how can one forget the stock fish nutrition) Sweden and Israeli brothers

Now been ingratitude, because we lost in the war, any act of gratitude would seem to the Nigerian government as seeking support from their enemies, I mean how much can one really do when you are not In control of power?

According to a Buddhist proverb.. "to humble an empire, it makes sense to desecrate it temple"... That what Nigerian system and government have done to the south East, because even the Mausoleum of Nnamdi Azikiwe has been abandoned by Nigerian government

But out of the ashes we rise!

7 Likes

Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by vagabondMynd44: 8:43am On May 31, 2017
Tonymegabush1:

Wot about the humanitarian aids that was cut off the biafrans soliders. Did that too

Don't be deceived my friend..
Biafran soldiers were responsible for most attrocities committed during the war.

It was on order that Nigerian soldiers shouldn't kill biafran children to preserve their tribe but no such order on the part of biafrans, they killed anything whether armed or helpless.

The aids were delivered to their camps but diverted by the biafran soldiers for their selfish gains and enjoyment. It took the whites time to realize that before they came in themselves to help.
Sad but igbos don't love themselves like they wrongly believe

4 Likes

Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by experimentist: 8:43am On May 31, 2017
Greedy traitors! See how Ojukwu caused hunger and suffering of million flat headed children and made their heads looks cony.

God bless the dead

2 Likes

Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by maduxs: 8:45am On May 31, 2017
What is broken can never be complete again. The hatred will remain
Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by Nobody: 8:48am On May 31, 2017
Australopithecus:
No one massacred the Biafrans ooo, there were lots of country that supported Biafra,but they didn't help them,... so stop complaining. I repeat, stop complaining.... list of country that supported Biafra.
France
Israel
Portugal
Spain
South Africa
Rhodesia
Tanzania.
Are they not enough.

But the truth is rebel country,will hardly survive war to the Main Country.

please don't quote me..

have you forgotten that the most powerful countries supported Nigeria
USA,Russia,Germany,Arab countries.....they gave Nigeria weapons and encouraged the war.

The countries that supported Biafra were not able to render the quality service because planes carrying food and weapons were shot down....biafra was landlocked and shut out from recieving help....weapons had to be manufactured with crude implements in Biafra instead of importing it....and food supply was low and millions died.

6 Likes

Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by tshege(m): 8:49am On May 31, 2017
Privated:
Still wondering why someone would wake up in the Morning in this Country where all plants can grow and decide to fight a dead Course. This statement from the article suffices. "I promised the plane would come, and when the plane landed, the little girl smiled and died in my arms!.
It's like the story of Biafra wasn't told to the then unborn generation. Please let the dead horse have a deep sleep.
Let me even ask, if this state is granted today, would it erect a fence or a wall round it's territory? Why not Live and let Live. The Leaders as am concerned brought this upon us and the Youths allowed them toil with our future. While the youth concentrated their Useful Energy and Intellect to Women, Games, Drugs and Parties without playing their expected roles. To correct this anomaly, the youth of this great Nation have to know and demand for their right. Secondly, the concept of "No Problem, He is our thief" should be ground to a Stop. This is when it shall begin to be well with Nigeria. This BIAFRA thing......... Let it be. My Candid Advice
You have not spoken well at all.
What crime is being committed when an indigenous people want self rule? Leave them alone.

I am sure people like you would have condemned the pre-independence Aba Riots or the Apartheid struggle in South Africa. Movements of Independence usually leads to casualties​, but never insult the sensibilities of people who clamour for self rule.

Peace.

7 Likes

Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by frubben(m): 8:50am On May 31, 2017
Jesus christ!!!! This is too extreme. You don't lose your humanity because of fools
Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by zoedew: 8:51am On May 31, 2017
doyinbaby:
May we never have civil war again in Nigeria
Amen
Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by Nobody: 8:53am On May 31, 2017
liepzig:

have you forgotten that the most powerful countries supported Nigeria
USA,Russia,Germany,Arab countries.....they gave Nigeria weapons and encouraged the war.

The countries that supported Biafra were not able to render the quality service because planes carrying food and weapons were shot down....biafra was landlocked and shut out from recieving help....weapons had to be manufactured with crude implements in Biafra instead of importing it....and food supply was low and millions died.

okay,but why is it that the countries that supported you didn't help,.. Actually did they want something in return..
Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by GavelSlam: 8:56am On May 31, 2017
vantage001:
It is become a psychotic obsession these yoruba people have with biafra. angry
How it concern these descendants of oduduwa, i will never know. Nigeria is not and has never been their estate or that of their forefathers.
Awolowo during his time had no influence beyond his South-western region and he himself was not very fond of Nigeria, so what is exactly is the problem of yoruba people with biafra.
Ingratitude of biafra? Really? For a people that lost over 2 million innocent civilians.
Is it not the Nigerian government that is supposed to be grateful that its most brilliant and industrious population density was not wiped out due to its own sheer stupidity.

Heil Hitler??
Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by Gmajor(m): 8:57am On May 31, 2017
vagabondMynd44:

Biafran soldiers were responsible for most attrocities committed during the war.

It was on order that Nigerian soldiers shouldn't kill biafran children to preserve their tribe but no such order on the part of biafrans, they killed anything whether armed or helpless.

The aids were delivered to their camps but diverted by the biafran soldiers for their selfish gains and enjoyment. It took the whites time to realize that before they came in themselves to help.
the devil is a liar.
are you the devil?

5 Likes

Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by Gebbson007(m): 8:58am On May 31, 2017
Fear made sm ppl. Nuh 2 open Dre shops or do Dre business .
Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by SeyeMan(m): 8:59am On May 31, 2017
ragiluhivo:
Afojas at it again. This unity beggars will do everything to avoid Biafran from leaving them with their slave masters grin grin

Too late though. Biafra is here already. Referendum loading......

'No mention of doctors without borders', you probably read the first two paragraphs. undecided

1 Like

Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by drnoel: 9:03am On May 31, 2017
TheLadiesGuy:
What's hard for Nigeria to call a Referendum? You see how may-30-Sit-at-home got massive attention... Nigeria government is scared. LET US GO!
ALSO READ BELOW:

BEST WAYS TO CURE HEARTBURN

DO YOU AGREE THAT GIRLS WHO WEAR WAIST BEADS ARE PROSTITUTE AND IRRESPONSIBLE? SHARE VIEW!

POWERFUL REASONS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T BE SINGLE

REVEALED, SECRET OF SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE
AND MANY MORE!

Exactly, that's why I wonder if some people are silly or just playing so.

I mean people like this OP. Pls who are the biafrans? Is there a place called Biafra in today's maps. Until that name becomes internationally recognised how does the OP think they can think back to those people that died? If the Op says no Nigerian has thought back on those people, I will understand. But there is even no Biafra remembrance day in the present Nigeria so what is the OP talking about? His attempt to discredit and insult is noted but he should try another approach, this one will not work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by Princedapace(m): 9:08am On May 31, 2017
Privated:
Still wondering why someone would wake up in the Morning in this Country where all plants can grow and decide to fight a dead Course. This statement from the article suffices. "I promised the plane would come, and when the plane landed, the little girl smiled and died in my arms!.
It's like the story of Biafra wasn't told to the then unborn generation. Please let the dead horse have a deep sleep.
Let me even ask, if this state is granted today, would it erect a fence or a wall round it's territory? Why not Live and let Live. The Leaders as am concerned brought this upon us and the Youths allowed them toil with our future. While the youth concentrated their Useful Energy and Intellect to Women, Games, Drugs and Parties without playing their expected roles. To correct this anomaly, the youth of this great Nation have to know and demand for their right. Secondly, the concept of "No Problem, He is our thief" should be ground to a Stop. This is when it shall begin to be well with Nigeria. This BIAFRA thing......... Let it be. My Candid Advice

Guy u dont get it.. let me give u a simple scenario..

Humans are naturally selfish and protective.... there is nothing we can do about that ...until word comes to an end!

If u are yoruba and u catch a yoruba thief and an hausa thief and u are asked to kill just one...u will simply kill the hausa thief!

Nigeria is too ethnic divided to work bro... the youths are weak today becus there is no hope fighting.. it seems u dont understand how deep this ethnic intolerance is here.. my brother open ur eyes and see how much we hate our selves..

There is no unity of purpose in Nigeria because of ethnic bigotry..it cant be stopped .. and since there is no unity of purpose, we cant make progress. Can we just forget about this political unity by fire by force? We can still be united in sport, entertainment, etc..

Biafrans cant forget biafra since the country is wack.. if we continue like this...50 years from now, the country will get worst. To escape this, we need each states to control their resources fully. Until we give Biafrans reasons to forget Biafra , they cant.

5 Likes

Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by PHILipu1(m): 9:11am On May 31, 2017
TheLadiesGuy:
What's hard for Nigeria to call a Referendum? You see how may-30-Sit-at-home got massive attention... Nigeria government is scared. LET US GO!
ALSO READ BELOW:

BEST WAYS TO CURE HEARTBURN

DO YOU AGREE THAT GIRLS WHO WEAR WAIST BEADS ARE PROSTITUTE AND IRRESPONSIBLE? SHARE VIEW!

POWERFUL REASONS WHY YOU SHOULDN'T BE SINGLE

REVEALED, SECRET OF SUCCESSFUL PEOPLE
AND MANY MORE!

Nobody is holding you guys ok.
Beg and pressure your senators and members of house of rep from south-east to table a motion for a referendum and that is how to kick start it.
Stop blaming anybody,the ball is in your courts.

1 Like

Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by Nobody: 9:13am On May 31, 2017
undecided
Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by femolii: 9:17am On May 31, 2017
u are mad
Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by aikemoore: 9:26am On May 31, 2017
jayriginal:
Op, they are coming for you.

With this long post and these many names you dropped, there's no mention of the doctors without borders,yet it's in your topic header.
Don't you see dat y u have to read in between lines
Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by funken: 9:29am On May 31, 2017
I understand your point. And i totally agree with you.

However, i am 100% sure 100% of the people agitating for Biafra were born 1970 and downwards (ie after the war) so they don't have a 1st hand experience of what the war was. Also unfortunate that these things have been expunged from our history books, so they don't even have a clue as to what happened (and they don't care to find out).

Like you said tribalism and clannish tendencies are rife in Nigeria. Even within major tribes, there is a lot of discrimination going on and we all know it is true. Within the Yorubas, some people will never touch the Ijebus with the proverbial long pole because of some perceived stereotypes. While within the Igbos, an some Anambra men will not dare marry an Imo woman and vice versa - again because of the stereotypes. Also within the Igbos, there are the so called Osus - that is a story for another day.

In the Niger Delta, we all saw what happened in the last administration. Some set of Niger Deltans fed fat all in the name of activism. Where is Asari Dokubo now? What of Tom Polo? Ankio Briggs? Clark? Where are they? They no longer have access to the vaults so of course they will be quiet. They were all SCAM ACTIVIST!!!

What if we get BIAFRA or THE REPUBLIC OF THE NIGER DELTA today? They will implode because the same people shouting Nnamdi Kanu today of Tom Polo will be the ones shouting marginalization and "Kill Him" tomorrow.

Let us cure the cancer called tribalism and nepotism within our mist before talking about Biafra, Niger Delta or whatever self determination we are fighting for.

Princedapace:

Guy u dont get it.. let me give u a simple scenario..

Humans are naturally selfish and protective.... there is nothing we can do about that ...until word comes to an end!

If u are yoruba and u catch a yoruba thief and an hausa thief and u are asked to kill just one...u will simply kill the hausa thief!

Nigeria is too ethnic divided to work bro... the youths are weak today becus there is no hope fighting.. it seems u dont understand how deep this ethnic intolerance is here.. my brother open ur eyes and see how much we hate our selves..

There is no unity of purpose in Nigeria because of ethnic bigotry..it cant be stopped .. and since there is no unity of purpose, we cant make progress. Can we just forget about this political unity by fire by force? We can still be united in sport, entertainment, etc..

Biafrans cant forget biafra since the country is wack.. if we continue like this...50 years from now, the country will get worst. To escape this, we need each states to control their resources fully. Until we give Biafrans reasons to forget Biafra , they cant.
Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by royalbankz: 9:30am On May 31, 2017
Those clamouring for this biafran independence are the igbos that are either jobless or have never left the east..or have no business outside their state..it seems people still don't know what's at stake when biafra is finally actualized...I pity the igbo bussiness men with numerous businesses in Lagos and it environ

1 Like

Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by amazon14: 9:31am On May 31, 2017
Don't worry when Biafra comes we Will appreciate eveyone that help us in the struggle
Re: Doctors Without Borders And 50 Years Of Biafra’s Ingratitude by iKnowevents(m): 9:31am On May 31, 2017
vagabondMynd44:

Wow I like the way you lie. Although a stupid person can't be convinced of any seriousness of your lies.

Tell us more lies, uncle.

People should read Frederick Forsyth's book on Biafra to get an unadulterated perspective of a foreign.

Don't forget to tell us of the Nigerian commander of Yoruba descent that on paper told Nigeria soldiers to kill, butcher and exterminate every living thing in Biafra.

If MEN were GOD. But alas men will decree and go down before their decrees have a breath of fresh air.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

What Each State Got In Paris Club Refund / Gbenga Daniel Declares Support For Ogun APC Candidate, Dapo Abiodun / Buhari - Only Death Will Stop Me From Contesting In 2015

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.