Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,115 members, 7,811,134 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? (36067 Views)

Supreme Court: Celebration In Imo As Uzodinma Is Declared Winner / IF BIAFRA REFERENDUM IS ACCEPT TO HOLD TODAY I'LL GO TO COURT & STOP IT! / Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared?? PART 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by menxer: 3:38pm On May 31, 2017
laudate:

Bros, grow up. Nobody is reasoning from a position of hate. We are just telling you the reality on the ground. sad You know very little about international law and diplomacy, to think that pressure can be brought to bear on a sovereign country on how it conducts its internal affairs with regard to immigration. Prior to 1976, Nigerians as well as other commonwealth citizens did not need a visa to visit the united Kingdom. All that changed, when the UK govt enacted new laws to prevent the influx of immigrants. What did the international community do about it? Nothing. shocked

There are several other countries that have changed their immigration policy to suit their socio-economic reality. sad What has the international community done about it? Zero. Were you not on this planet when Saudi Arabia refused to receive fellow Middle-Eastern neighbours from Syria and other war-torn areas, into its borders? What did the rest of the world do? They allowed Saudi Arabia to have its own way. undecided

Nigeria is a signatory to a lot of international treaties. How many has it domesticated locally? Even the ones it has domesticated, how many have been complied with? Continue to bank on international diplomacy to resolve issues, that cannot be backed up by any means of enforcement. I laugh in Cantonese!! cheesy You are banking on the rest of the world to use diplomacy to fight the cause of your Biafran citizens within Nigeria, the same way you chaps thought that Trump would support your plans for secession. Una well done! wink

You misunderstood my using international diplomacy to mean international community pressuring Nigeria. What I meant is, when two countries are relating with each other it's international diplomacy.

International means "beyond national boundaries," in the event Biafra becomes a sovereign country Nigeria's national laws would no longer apply to them but international laws and by that I don't mean to say new laws would not be made in that regard.

Besides, I am not a Biafran or IPOB sympathizer, this is just my opinion for the sake of this discussion.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rossikki: 3:39pm On May 31, 2017
The Biafra thing will be a disaster for the average Igbo guy, who will just turn to a local champion.

No more shuttling around Naija. Once you leave Owerri, Enugu, Aba, Onitsha etc, you are a marked man. You enter Jos, trouble. Find yourself in Benin, wahala. Kaduna, forget it. Abuja, who dash you? Lagos, the worst. Na bulala dem go take drive you.

Are you guys really ready for that kind of life?

67 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Lushore1: 3:41pm On May 31, 2017
International law in Zoo!?....lol

25 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Paretomaster(m): 3:41pm On May 31, 2017
laudate:

Says who? Who will give them that option to naturalise? Nigeria? Let me laugh very well in Greek. grin I want to see how you would force Nigerian govt to offer this option. cheesy

I tire o, the country they call Zoo, it's a pity IPOB will put many of them in trouble, bcoz their is no way we will allow them stay here, at least not when it's still fresh.

They want to eat their cake and have it, Ko joor...

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Nobody: 3:41pm On May 31, 2017
It is a terrible thing not to think things through. It will hit them like tsunami.

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Arda1000(m): 3:43pm On May 31, 2017
Senseless post

5 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rilwayne001: 3:45pm On May 31, 2017
ESDKING:

But you said u re igbo or are suffering from identity crisis ?.

Afonja, keep having nightmares over people who don't give a fuccck about u.

This isn't about nightmares, rather the reality on ground.

I've you ever sat to ponder on the matter the OP brought up?

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Demainman1: 3:48pm On May 31, 2017
Senseless post I tell you. I personally will never near Nigeria again once Biafra comes.

6 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by laudate: 3:50pm On May 31, 2017
menxer:
You misunderstood my using international diplomacy to mean international community pressuring Nigeria. What I meant is, when two countries are relating with each other it's international diplomacy.

International means "beyond national boundaries," in the event Biafra becomes a sovereign country Nigeria's national laws would no longer apply to them but international laws and by that I don't mean to say new laws would not be made in that regard.

Besides, I am not a Biafran or IPOB sympathizer, this is just my opinion for the sake of this discussion.

Bros, there is no law that compels two sovereign nations to establish international diplomatic relations with one another. It takes two to tango. You cannot automatically assume that Nigeria will establish diplomatic relations with Biafra, if it becomes an independent country tomorrow... undecided

By the way, who would enforce these international laws that you made reference to? The United Nations? Do you know how many communiques, resolutions, meetings and committees would have to be created to compel one country to accede to the wishes of another?

31 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by kingzizzy: 3:51pm On May 31, 2017
Rossikki:

You sound like a dreamer. You actually expect the Nigerian govt to sit down with you and discuss terms of secession? I mean, you are just deluded. The rest of your post is similarly delusional.

Of course I expect them to discuss the terms of disengagement. Both sides have debts, liabilities and assets to share. They have to meet to discuss who owns what
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by ESDKING: 3:53pm On May 31, 2017
Rilwayne001:

This isn't about nightmares, rather the reality on ground.

I've you ever sat to ponder on the matter the OP brought up?

Why should I border since since Nigeria would be on the loosing side ?.

Go to Lagos between 26 Dec-2 Jan every yr.
Its always dry, just Christmas period ooo how much more after break up.

If Nig won't loose, why are they hell bent to ensure Nig is united.
U better wake up because we all know those that wl b at the loosing end.

Igbos outside Igbo land might find it difficult to start afresh, but trust them, they can easily adjust to any environment easily within a short period of time after coming back to their land to continue their businesses.

8 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by kingzizzy: 3:56pm On May 31, 2017
ProWalker:

The scenario you created above is on the basis that such cessation of relationship is on amicable ground, which I doubt with all these bad blood getting to boiling point at the moment. Personally I don't think the Yorubas will be as forgiven and accommodating as the last time.

We should be civilised people. Break up does not have to be bad blood. Britain just left the EU. The EU are not happy but they are still willing to work with Britain.

Biafra and Nigeria can still do a lot mutually beneficial things, just not as one nation.

3 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rossikki: 3:57pm On May 31, 2017
kingzizzy:

Of course I expect them to discuss the terms of disengagement. Both sides have debts, liabilities and assets to share. They have to meet to discuss who owns what

Hahahaha....What terms of disengagement? So let's assume you declare Biafra, and take possession of the oilfields which provide 90% of FG revenue. The FG will not be sitting down with you to "discuss terms of disengagement". They wil be sitting down with their foreign partners discussing the best BOMBS and MISSILES to drop on you, to end your secessionist misadventure.

You seriously need to think straight, dude.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Curlieweed: 3:58pm On May 31, 2017
Rossikki:
The Biafra thing will be a disaster for the average Igbo guy, who will just turn to a local champion.

No more shuttling around Naija. Once you leave Owerri, Enugu, Aba, Onitsha etc, you are a marked man. You enter Jos, trouble. Find yourself in Benin, wahala. Kaduna, forget it. Abuja, who dash you? Lagos, the worst. Na bulala dem go take drive you.

Yes we are. There are over 200 countries, I can't stroll to casually. So what difference does one or two more make? Please get serious and stop making up nightmare scenarios.

6 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rossikki: 4:01pm On May 31, 2017
Curlieweed:

Yes we are. There are over 200 countries, I can't stroll to casually. So what difference does one or two more make? Please get serious and stop making up nightmare scenarios.
Forget those 200 countries rubbish. If it's like that why haven't the millions of Igbos in Nigeria left the "zoo" and moved to those 200 countries? Or they prefer zoo abi? Abeg make we hear something o jare.

49 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by 7lives: 4:01pm On May 31, 2017
kingzizzy:

If you take Britain that just left the EU, over 3 million EU citizens in the UK. Will Britain deport them? No, not really.

In the event of Biafra seceding from Nigeria, both sides will have to discuss the sharing of assets, liabilities and debts. This means that there will be a discussion on 'Biafra/Nigeria' reltionship and the status of its citizens. A 'transition period' will have to be agreed on to allow the agreemwnts take effect

It is not likely that Nigeria will start deporting all Igbos straightaway as this could illegal under international law. Another reason why Nigeria wont do this is because it will damage Nigeria and the Nigerian economy irreparably before the international community. No international investor will ever step foot in Nigeria ever again when hear that Nigeria deported millions of people it once called brothers.

Such mass deportations only destroys the credibility of a country

See those crying and wailing to be free from the zoo.
Leave credibility matter face your country.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by kingzizzy: 4:02pm On May 31, 2017
Rossikki:

Your problem is that you think the world starts and stops with Nigeria

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by ProWalker: 4:06pm On May 31, 2017
kingzizzy:

We should be civilised people. Break up does not have to be bad blood. Britain just left the EU. The EU are not happy but they are still willing to work with Britain.

Biafra and Nigeria can still do a lot mutually beneficial things, just not as one nation.

Yes ideally, it should work out in a proper and civilized manner but I'm doubtful.
Do you honestly think the back and forth insults will help to achieve such amicable parting of ways and consequently a plan of assets and liabilities sharing devoid of misgivings.
I really and from the bottom of my heart wish you guys go your way, but it is this sort of OP reality check that will enable you to put things in better perspectives.

26 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by kingzizzy: 4:11pm On May 31, 2017
ProWalker:

Yes ideally, it should work out in a proper and civilized manner but I'm doubtful.
Do you honestly think the back and forth insults will help to achieve such amicable parting of ways and consequently a plan of assets and liabilities sharing devoid of misgivings.
I really and from the bottom of my heart wish you guys go your way, but it is this sort of OP reality check that will enable you to put things in better perspectives.

Insults usually fly around before a divorce, comes with the territory. If you guys dont like it, sue Lord Lugard who caused all this

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by fulanmafia: 4:11pm On May 31, 2017
kingzizzy:

"Ewedu sipping and Gworo chewing Zoo animals" will suddenly turn to civilized people that you don't have bad blood for overnight?

Do you even realize the EU was never a country but a political and economic union of 28 independent countries?

Reality is beginning to sing 'good morring' to some people grin

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by menxer: 4:14pm On May 31, 2017
laudate:

Bros, there is no law that compels two sovereign nations to establish international diplomatic relations with one another. It takes two to tango. You cannot automatically assume that Nigeria will establish diplomatic relations with Biafra, if it becomes an independent country tomorrow... undecided

By the way, who would enforce these international laws that you made reference to? The United Nations? Do you know how many communiques, resolutions, meetings and committees would have to be created to compel one country to accede to the wishes of another?

It's like you argue for arguing sake without recourse to the points you raised. When you said UK enacted immigration laws against Nigerians back then, who help them enforce it?

Nigeria can make a law not to trade with Biafra, it is still an international law because it guides the relationship between two sovereign countries.

Must international law be enforced by a third party?

Na wa to your reasoning.

3 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by 7lives: 4:16pm On May 31, 2017
kingzizzy:

Tell me one thing Nigeria can benefit from Biafra, the problem with you guys is that you think everyone is stuck in stone HENGE like you.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by fulanmafia: 4:19pm On May 31, 2017
menxer:

It's like you argue for arguing sake without recourse to the points you raised. When you said UK enacted immigration laws against Nigerians back then, who help them enforce it?

I'll chip in on this one, its the Home office ( a UK dept).

menxer:

Nigeria can make a law not to trade with Biafra, it is still an international law because it guides the relationship between two sovereign countries.

Ever heard of a trade embargo (such as the the U.S has against Cuba)?

So you want to leave the ZOO but still do profitable business with it?

You guys are really cracking me up over here grin.

49 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rilwayne001: 4:19pm On May 31, 2017
ESDKING:

Why should I border since since Nigeria would be on the loosing side ?.

Kindly tell how Nigeria would be on the 'loosing' side?

Go to Lagos between 26 Dec-2 Jan every yr.
Its always dry, just Christmas period ooo how much more after break up.

Interesting. You are implying that Lagos gets dry during the December festive periods basically because Igbo that came all the ways from the east to come and make a living in Lagos leave for their hometown from around DEC 20 to the new year. That tells you what? That tells you that many igbos are seeing Lagos as green land where they spend the whole year in search of a living. The question then is, why cant igbos remain in their east instead on risking everything to come down to Lagos for greener pasture? Apparently that's because there is nothing green in the east,hence the need to Come en masse to Lagos.

In the event of a break up however, who do you think will b at the receiving end?

If Nig won't loose, why are they hell bent to ensure Nig is united.
U better wake up because we all know those that wl b at the loosing end.

All these Biafra English you are dropping, there is God o! undecided

Igbos outside Igbo land might find it difficult to start afresh, but trust them, they can easily adjust to any environment easily within a short period of time after coming back to their land to continue their businesses.

This one's probably a kid sad

So Igbos can adjust in any environment easily yet they could leave their region to cross a lot of bridges all in a bid t get to Lagos? undecided

54 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Nobody: 4:20pm On May 31, 2017
menxer:

You are reasoning from the point of hate, don't forget by then international diplomacy would play its role as Nigeria would be dealing with Biafra as a sovereign nation and all the diplomatic abracadabra would play out.
So in other words you dont really want to leave? You claim to hate the zoo but are comfortable with millions of your countrymen living in it. What kind of reasoning is that?

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Agumbankembu: 4:22pm On May 31, 2017
Pls you all should threaten to deport all other Biafrans in other west African countries.

I guess if you applied all the brain and blackmail into making Nigeria work, the country would have been a great place.

5 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by ProWalker: 4:23pm On May 31, 2017
kingzizzy:

Insults usually fly around before a divorce, comes with the territory. If you guys dont like it, sue Lord Lugard who caused all this

Good luck, I can't wait for the day we stop sharing the same passport. I want you all gone already.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Nobody: 4:24pm On May 31, 2017
kingzizzy:

If you take Britain that just left the EU, over 3 million EU citizens in the UK. Will Britain deport them? No, not really.

In the event of Biafra seceding from Nigeria, both sides will have to discuss the sharing of assets, liabilities and debts. This means that there will be a discussion on 'Biafra/Nigeria' reltionship and the status of its citizens. A 'transition period' will have to be agreed on to allow the agreemwnts take effect

It is not likely that Nigeria will start deporting all Igbos straightaway as this could illegal under international law. Another reason why Nigeria wont do this is because it will damage Nigeria and the Nigerian economy irreparably before the international community. No international investor will ever step foot in Nigeria ever again when hear that Nigeria deported millions of people it once called brothers.

Such mass deportations only destroys the credibility of a country
Why would millions of Biafrans want to live in a country they once called a failed zoo? Or is Biafra no longer gonna be an eldorado paradise again?

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by falcon01: 4:24pm On May 31, 2017
upon all the bifran topics this is the best I've read.

41 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by laudate: 4:25pm On May 31, 2017
menxer:

Na wa to your reasoning.

Guy, na you suppose check your reasoning, now. winkYou were the one who originally assumed that international laws would govern the relationship that Nigeria would have with Biafra. When the error of your logic was pointed out, you resorted to this. Kindly read up on the difference between international law and domestic legislation. undecided

Now let me answer your questions. When UK enacted immigration laws against Nigerians and other Commonwealth citizens, it was done because such immigration laws fell within their sovereign purview, and the law was (and still is) enforced by its own border control agency, upon those coming into its country. sad

Immigration Enforcement is currently handled by a division of the UK Home Office, which is responsible for enforcing immigration laws, in the United Kingdom. undecided

Now if you like, do not get a UK visa in your Nigerian passport, before you get to any UK entry point. You will be deported on the next plane back to Lagos. That is the enforcement of their immigration law.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by emmalexabl(m): 4:25pm On May 31, 2017
Unity beggars always on top of our matter.. ..

Its like we, Biafrans are oxygen which they cant survive without...

Op., why don't you bother and worry of what would be your fate when Biafrans are finally gone from the zoo republic ...

You know your slave masters up north would not only be contempt with kwara state. ,ogun., oyo. ,ekiti., ogun. ,osun and lagos state would be ruled by the sokoko caliphate.. .

9 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Agumbankembu: 4:26pm On May 31, 2017
fulanmafia:

I'll chip in on this one, its the Home office ( a UK dept).

Ever heard of a trade embargo (such as the the U.S has against Cuba)?

So you want to leave the ZOO but still do profitable business with it?

You guys are really cracking me up over here grin.

Thank God you don't have the clout U S have. You are at best one hellhole that can't even threaten neighboring Benin Republic with any sort of embargo.

Nigeria is still receiving free money and grants from UK, EU, US, Canada and you are here making mouth.

Nonsense. Why don't you leave London and come and settle in your land of sand and flies.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Photos Of Top Boko Haram Commanders Killed During Bombardment In Sambisa Forest / The Truth About The Demolition Of Owonifari Market At Oshodi Lagos - Joe Igbokwe / PDP Crisis: Wike Jets Out Of Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.