Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? (36053 Views)

Supreme Court: Celebration In Imo As Uzodinma Is Declared Winner / IF BIAFRA REFERENDUM IS ACCEPT TO HOLD TODAY I'LL GO TO COURT & STOP IT! / Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared?? PART 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by ISpiksDaTroof: 4:50pm On May 31, 2017
Agumbankembu:

Even if we are landlocked which we are not, we will still go places we wanna go. There are tens of successful landlocked countries.

Now you're using a quarter of your brain, even though the rest seems to be stuck in reverse.

Yes, YOU ARE LANDLOCKED AND YOU KNOW IT, THE REST OF NIGERIA KNOWS IT, AND THE WORLD KNOWS IT . Thats why you're trying to claim other parts of Nigeria and force them into your fantasy utopia.

Gosh, you guys are so silly that you think Nigeria will give you lands that'll make her easily conquerable the day you wake up and decide to invade them again like you did in the Mid-West in 1967.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Agumbankembu: 4:51pm On May 31, 2017
laudate:

Enyi, don't worry. There are still millions of Igbo living outside Ala Igbo. Nigerian govt will make tons of money from them, when it is time to issue them with CERPAC, work permits and other necessary documents. And I forsee an new non-resident taxation policy in the making. It will be levied on Biafrans that still have businesses in Nigeria, but are currently residing in Alaigbo..

Even if they make money from them, that is their right to do, do we look like we can't pay to run businesses outside Igboland?
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by fulanmafia: 4:52pm On May 31, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

How will they then get to Benin and Togo without going through Nigeria? Its like a lot of them don't know what the map of their homeland looks like.

That's more revenue for Nigeria through the Immigration Service.

No wonder I saw a thread that they're now recruiting to beef up the workforce.

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by laudate: 4:53pm On May 31, 2017
Agumbankembu:
Even if they make money from them, that is their right to do, do we look like we can't pay to run businesses outside Igboland?

I agree. And when your expenditure exceeds your income, what would be the next step?

25 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Qelvin(m): 4:55pm On May 31, 2017
laudate:

Guy, did you ever read that book by Harold Robbins, the fifth-best-selling fiction author of all time who is estimated to have sold 750 million copies of his works? It was called 'Dreams Die First.' It is good to see people like you who would rather buy into an illusion, instead of waking up to reality. undecided
I don't want your reality, its worthless to me, could care less if you recommend a million books to me, I hate you not just because you are a bloody Nigerian, but you represent an entity that makes me only see oppression and utter worthlessness to the cause of my people...a caveat of a mistake made by a British cu.nt in person of Lugard, we share nothing in common and I more than want the complete severance of all Igbos from Nigeria...let all their businesses and empires crumble, it will not be the end of the world, they will have a better environment to refit and reorganize, to hell with you man.

3 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by fulanmafia: 4:56pm On May 31, 2017
menxer:

Can you please explain what embargo is, in the context of enacting and enforcing laws between two countries?

An embargo is a government order that restricts commerce or exchange with a specified country or the exchange of specific goods. An embargo is usually created as a result of unfavorable political or economic circumstances between nations. It has nothing to do with international law.

N:B No more free lessons over here, Google is your friend.

30 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Rossikki: 4:58pm On May 31, 2017
Agumbankembu:

My brother deport every single one u see outside Igboland.
If that will make them bring all their investments back home. All the Igbos that come home during Christmas don't cry of where to sleep, we have enough land for inhabitation and business districts.

Who said they will be allowed to go with their investments?

Sorry, you cannot make money on the back of Nigerians, and then decide you want to "go with your investments". The FG will make it nearly impossible for Igbos to repatriate their investments in Nigeria. Of that you can be sure.

Narcissistic dolts who think the world revolves around them.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by wristbangle: 5:00pm On May 31, 2017
laudate:

Good question. cheesy Anyone who has the answers should please share them with us. The Nigerian govt will make a lot of money from entry visas, CERPAC, residents permit, work permit etc. annually, once the Biafrans decide to return to Nigeria.cool Don't forget that many of them still want to eat their cake and have it. They want to remain in Nigeria running their businesses, and at the same time they want to be citizens of their proposed newly-independent country.

What is the population of Biafrans among the Nd'Igbo serving in the federal govt agencies, institutions and parastatals? One needs to look at it. undecided They cannot continue working in sensitive positions and agencies, since they would no longer be citizens of Nigeria. They would have to relinquish those posts, for bona-fide Nigerians, don't you think so? shocked

You have analysed it well.

Let me add to your explanation.

Recall that last year, British seek referendum from EU (brexit) which they said by Oct last year, they will become a separate entity on their own? You remember right? Guess the aftermath, pounds currency plunged to all low since 1984, EU countries would not want to recruit brits into their workforce, etc which forced Britain to delay full referendum considering they have more to lose than gain. To think of it, this is a country among the top 10 best economy in the world.

Even the football sector was not spared, imagine clubs like chelsea, Manchester United, etc., paying almost three times as much money as they pay before hence even pay high wage to secure EU players.

When the consequences keep hitting them, they temporarily suspended the brexit frail till when they see they will be sustainable enough to bear their burden without dangerous hit back.

In as much as Nigeria doesn't profit it's citizens, IPOB members need to realise that our past/present polithievans(hausa, igbo, yoruba, etc) are the ones denying us the right to enjoy the wealth of this nation.

They should ask why their regional representatives are silent on this issue?

Anyway if they secede today, good for them (which is what I want anyway) but imagine millions of SE indigenes in lagos, FCT, etc who will have to go back to their region and apply for visa, work permit to earning income through business trade, job/career, education, etc., in same country they called zoo.

I rest my case.

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Qelvin(m): 5:00pm On May 31, 2017
fulanmafia:

An embargo is a government order that restricts commerce or exchange with a specified country or the exchange of specific goods. An embargo is usually created as a result of unfavorable political or economic circumstances between nations. It has nothing to do with international law.

N:B No more free lessons over here, Google is your friend.
So how exactly will an embargo initiated by Nigeria on Biafra affect the economic viability for growth of the latter when there are several thousands of arguably better countries that will gladly invest in Biafra and open their borders for new trade alliances? Hope you are smart enough to know Nigeria is so lilliputian in the larger scheme of things, especially when new opportunities abound out there.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by laudate: 5:01pm On May 31, 2017
Qelvin:
I don't want your reality, its worthless to me, could care less if you recommend a million books to me, I hate you not just because you are a bloody Nigerian, but you represent an entity that makes me only see oppression and utter worthlessness to the cause of my people...a caveat of a mistake made by a British cu.nt in person of Lugard, we share nothing in common and I more than want the complete severance of all Igbos from Nigeria...let all their businesses and empires crumble, it will not be the end of the world, they will have a better environment to refit and reorganize, to hell with you man.

You hate me because I am a Nigerian? Ah, ok. Hate is a strong word, o. It poisons the soul. Kindly get rid of the hate, before it kills you. sad

Each time you travel, which passport do you present to the immigration authorities at your international destination? Is it a Nigerian passport? If it is, then kindly burn your passport so we can take you seriously. Until then, all your rants would hold very little meaning for the rest of us.

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by menxer: 5:02pm On May 31, 2017
laudate:

Guy, na you suppose check your reasoning, now. winkYou were the one who originally assumed that international laws would govern the relationship that Nigeria would have with Biafra. When the error of your logic was pointed out, you resorted to this. Kindly read up on the difference between international law and domestic legislation. undecided

Now let me answer your questions. When UK enacted immigration laws against Nigerians and other Commonwealth citizens, it was done because such immigration laws fell within their sovereign purview, and the law was (and still is) enforced by its own border control agency, upon those coming into its country. sad

Immigration Enforcement is currently handled by a division of the UK Home Office, which is responsible for enforcing immigration laws, in the United Kingdom. undecided

Now if you like, do not get a UK visa in your Nigerian passport, before you get to any UK entry point. You will be deported on the next plane back to Lagos. That is the enforcement of their immigration law.

And all that you have explained is the domestic law that guides the relationship between the UK and Nigeria?

How do you define international law?
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Agumbankembu: 5:02pm On May 31, 2017
Rossikki:

Who said they will be allowed to go with their investments?

Sorry you cannot make money on the back of Nigerians, and then decide you want to go with your investments. The FG will make it nearly impossible for Igbos to repatriate their investments in Nigeria. Of that you can be sure.

Then you take them and run them aground, like you ran all the companies u got after the war, you ran them all aground, and still remained a cesspit.

Easy come, easy go, no two ways.

Weak points
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by overall90: 5:02pm On May 31, 2017
I can't help but laugh at this post and the comments here.

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Qelvin(m): 5:05pm On May 31, 2017
laudate:

You hate me because I am a Nigerian? Ah, ok. Hate is a strong word, o. It poisons the soul. Kindly get rid of the hate, before it kills you. sad

Each time you travel, which passport do you present to the immigration authorities at your international destination? Is it a Nigerian passport? If it is, then kindly burn your passport so we can take you seriously. Until then, all your rants would hold very little meaning for the rest of us.
I'm only using a Nigerian passport by virtue of circumstance that alone, it irks me to have to present that rubbish to immigration authorities, and that is why I pray each day I wake up for the quick dissolution of that toxic remindal, a step closer to that bigger reality can't get any more real than this post which makes me even more happy that you Nigerians want the same thing I badly want- a post Nigeria scenario where political alliances are broken between us, that's what I seriously pray for!!

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by emmalexabl(m): 5:06pm On May 31, 2017
SilentHaulers:

Keep ranting everywhere like a syphillitic camel, ipob touts are famous for having an expired brain.

Sharappp...

You anecephalic afonja Muslim...
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by DerideGull(m): 5:06pm On May 31, 2017
Rossikki:
Latest estimates put the number of Igbos resident outside their region at 7 to 10 million.

Some figures go as high as 15 million.

Is the SE prepared to welcome this number of "returnees", after they are declared illegal aliens in Nigeria, and promptly deported?

This is one of the dumbest question or thread I have ever seen on this forum. Ghana achieved independence before Nigeria however Ghanaians never sent the Nigerians living in Accra or Takoradi packing. They are Nigerians who have decided to stay in Nigeria. So be prepared to live with it.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by kingzizzy: 5:08pm On May 31, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

Do you guys now realize that the only way you'll most likely get this Biafra is on the battle field? You guys are so dense. You want to dictate when you leave, how you leave, what you leave with, and you just want the stronger, bigger Nigeria to acquiesce without contesting a thing.

I bet if you decide to take ONLY the 5 core ibo states Nigeria won't have a problem. But you're busy trying to encroach and claim disputable territories which you clearly don't even have a right to.

Well, good luck.

What is happening here is the de-amalgamation of Nigeria. The rolling back of the fraud perpetrated by a British imperialistic thief called Lugard in 1914. Since Lugard did not meet any '5 core Igbo states' when he came to west Africa, we have to assume it is part of divide and rule

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by fulanmafia: 5:08pm On May 31, 2017
Qelvin:

So how exactly will an embargo initiated by Nigeria on Biafra affect the economic viability for growth of the latter when there are several thousands of arguably better countries that will gladly invest in Biafra and open their borders for new trade alliances? Hope you are smart enough to know Nigeria is so lilliputian in the larger scheme of things, especially when new opportunities abound out there.

Thats your problem, not ours.

What we are saying is that a trade embargo is very likely to be imposed, considering the bitterness with which you're carrying out your secession.

It will definitely have an impact on your business networks that have already been established in Nigeria (suppliers, buyers etc.)

How you seek to overcome that and find alternatives is totally your cup of akamu.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Qelvin(m): 5:09pm On May 31, 2017
The weakest pressure point of Nigerian argument is to threaten Igbos will embargo noise and seizure of their properties lmfaooo, by all means take them all if that will make Nigeria look any better than it is, the worst Nigeria can do to the Biafran dream is to frustrate Biafra from coming any faster, every other threat is just noise.

5 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by DerideGull(m): 5:09pm On May 31, 2017
ISpiksDaTroof:

Now you're using a quarter of your brain, even though the rest seems to be stuck in reverse.

Yes, YOU ARE LANDLOCKED AND YOU KNOW IT, THE REST OF NIGERIA KNOWS IT, AND THE WORLD KNOWS IT . Thats why you're trying to claim other parts of Nigeria and force them into your utopia fantasy.

Gosh, you guys are so silly that you think Nigeria will give you lands that'll make her easily conquerable the day you wake up and decide to invade them again like you did in the Mid-West in 1967.

Nigeria houses the weirdest ninnies ever walked the surface of the earth. The last tine I checked though there are more than four African countries that are LANDLOCKED in Africa and even one of them is better than Nigeria in every human ramification.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by SilentHaulers: 5:10pm On May 31, 2017
emmalexabl:

Sharappp...

You anecephalic afonja Muslim...

Human meat munching and Compressed head Abakaliki Muslim.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Qelvin(m): 5:13pm On May 31, 2017
fulanmafia:

Thats your problem, not ours.

What we are saying is that a trade embargo is very likely to be imposed, considering the bitterness with which you're carrying out your secession.

It will definitely have an impact on your business networks that have already been established in Nigeria (suppliers, buyers etc.)

How you seek to overcome that and find alternatives is totally your cup of akamu.
Glad we are on the same page bruv, the business network might be hurt no doubt, but it will merely be a dent...business minds always see opportunities in every adversity... That's a template for reflection... you seem to undermine the ingenuity of Igbos(but I don't expect you to anyway), in all I'm glad we are seeing the bigger picture here...the severance of alliance on all fronts is the dream I can only wish to wake up to as a reality in itself, lets facilitate the break up of this forced union already.
Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by agaba77: 5:16pm On May 31, 2017
Another self-serving anti-biafra thread, why are you so concerned about the plight of biafrans, taking OVERDOSE of PANADOL for biafran's headache, na way for you.

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by PFRB: 5:23pm On May 31, 2017
Ok let us get some education. When Biafra becomes a country, it will be part of ECOWAS and Nigeria will also be part of ECOWAS. So both countries will be governed by ECOWAS rules and statutes as fas as movement of people and immigration is all about.
Those in the Fed civil service will convert to Biafran fed civil service. Those Nigerians in the Fed civil service in Biafra will relocate to Nigerian fed civil service

1 Like

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Agumbankembu: 5:25pm On May 31, 2017
Anti-Biafrans are one of the worst kind of insecure sissies. If stiffling would make Nigeria work for the would be renmants, why not? After you took all the first time, it didn't change you to mega millionaires.
Pvssies, salivating at another man's sweat.

2 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by fulanmafia: 5:27pm On May 31, 2017
Qelvin:

Glad we are on the same page bruv, the business network might be hurt no doubt, but it will merely be a dent...business minds always see opportunities in every adversity... That's a template for reflection... you seem to undermine the ingenuity of Igbos(but I don't expect you to anyway), in all I'm glad we are seeing the bigger picture here...the severance of alliance on all fronts is the dream I can only wish to wake up to as a reality in itself, lets facilitate the break up of this forced union already.

Great then! Mobilize your reps and push for a constitutional amendment to allow a referendum.

Good luck.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by APCsupporter: 5:28pm On May 31, 2017
Rossikki:

Hahahaha....What terms of disengagement? So let's assume you declare Biafra, and take possession of the oilfields which provide 90% of FG revenue. The FG will not be sitting down with you to "discuss terms of disengagement". They wil be sitting down with their foreign partners discussing the best BOMBS and MISSILES to drop on you, to end your secessionist misadventure.

You seriously need to think straight, dude.

thank God we still have people with brains on this forum. How can a Government just forfeit it's biggest source of revenue just like that?

17 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by emmalexabl(m): 5:28pm On May 31, 2017
SilentHaulers:

Human meat munching and Compressed head Abakaliki Muslim.

Hydraulic soup gulping leprechaun.. .

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by deomelo: 5:31pm On May 31, 2017
kingzizzy:

If you take Britain that just left the EU, over 3 million EU citizens in the UK. Will Britain deport them? No, not really.

In the event of Biafra seceding from Nigeria, both sides will have to discuss the sharing of assets, liabilities and debts. This means that there will be a discussion on 'Biafra/Nigeria' reltionship and the status of its citizens. A 'transition period' will have to be agreed on to allow the agreemwnts take effect

It is not likely that Nigeria will start deporting all Igbos straightaway as this could illegal under international law. Another reason why Nigeria wont do this is because it will damage Nigeria and the Nigerian economy irreparably before the international community. No international investor will ever step foot in Nigeria ever again when hear that Nigeria deported millions of people it once called brothers.

Such mass deportations only destroys the credibility of a country

European countries already have established immigration policies and some elements of freedom cross border movement regardless of EU so stop assuming what it's going to be like with Nigeria and biafra.

The fact that you people are coming up with baseless and unrealistic assumptions about your future shows that you haven't thought about anything and your future beyond Nigeria.

Market forces, supply and demand, population and buying power decides where companies and entities invests in, not your emotional and sentimental reasons. All they are interested in money and not your sorry social and emotional concerns.

There's more to endless chest beating, shouting for biafra everyday.

How are you going to manage and house millions of returnees?

How are you going to crate jobs and employment for the millions of returnees

how are you going to gain access to large markets outside your borders even considering the fact tat your people in Lagos and elsewhere in the SW and the North are there because of the huge markets and buying power that you don't have in your region?

How are you going to negotiate trade policies, taxes ans tariffs on goods and services?

You don't even have any cash generating resources to trade with or export to start with and whatever you are into in Nigeria today is replaceable with other opportunity seekers moving in to take your place.

Investors today prefer the SW and most of the investments entering Nigeria today heads straight to the SW so do you really think that is going to change because you have biafra?

No, there's more to investments siting from communal attitude, culture, welcoming and conducive environment, available and educated manpower, safety and security and these factors exists only in the SW.

South Sudan is restless and at war because they did not do their home work or plan for these eventualities.

SMH..

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by wristbangle: 5:31pm On May 31, 2017
DerideGull:

This is one of the dumbest question or thread I have ever seen on this forum. Ghana achieved independence before Nigeria however Ghanaians never sent the Nigerians living in Accra or Takoradi packing. They are Nigerians who have decided to stay in Nigeria. So be prepared to live with it.

Did Ghana gain independence from Nigeria and vice versa? Make una dey reason before dropping comments nau. undecided

28 Likes

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 31, 2017
laudate:

Bros, grow up. Nobody is reasoning from a position of hate. We are just telling you the reality on the ground. sad You know very little about international law and diplomacy, to think that pressure can be brought to bear on a sovereign country on how it conducts its internal affairs with regard to immigration. Prior to 1976, Nigerians as well as other commonwealth citizens did not need a visa to visit the united Kingdom. All that changed, when the UK govt enacted new laws to prevent the influx of immigrants. What did the international community do about it? Nothing. shocked

There are several other countries that have changed their immigration policy to suit their socio-economic reality. sad What has the international community done about it? Zero. Were you not on this planet when Saudi Arabia refused to receive fellow Middle-Eastern neighbours from Syria and other war-torn areas, into its borders? What did the rest of the world do? They allowed Saudi Arabia to have its own way. undecided

Nigeria is a signatory to a lot of international treaties. How many has it domesticated locally? Even the ones it has domesticated, how many have been complied with? Continue to bank on international diplomacy to resolve issues, that cannot be backed up by any means of enforcement. I laugh in Cantonese!! cheesy If you want to establish diplomatic relations with another country, and that nation refuses to recognise you or to agree to establish relations with your country, what will you do? Are you going to hold a gun to their heads to do so? You are now banking on the rest of the world to use diplomacy to fight the cause of your Biafran citizens within Nigeria, the same way you chaps thought that Trump would support your plans for secession. Una well done! wink

Like how the UAE doesn't recognise Israel as a nation and refuses to grant entry to Israeli passport holders. Laughing in angolese Cantonese grin grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Igbos Be Deported From Nigeria If Biafra Is Declared? by Kondomatic(m): 5:33pm On May 31, 2017
This is funny. A people said that they do not want to be one with you again and you're worried about what will happen to them when they leave? Is this love or possessiveness? Sounds like what a possessive and abusive husband will do.

If you love them that much then why give them reason to leave?

My grandmother used to say that whoever is chasing something is also running past something. Igbos will lose so many things when they get Biafra, that's sure but they have been losing since I was born. Shops being burnt for the world's stupidest reason, losing lives etc so it's not new to them.

Once Biafra is declared, North will become a hot zone for all Igbos, it has always been but it will be multiplied by 100 this time. All Igbos in the North are heading East, this too is not new because they all headed East in 2015 during presidential election.

Even if the Yorubas will accommodate Igbos it will be if they get Odua too, I don't see it happening in one Nigeria(Yoruba and Hausa) but I believe what they got(their own country) is worth the loss.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (26) (Reply)

Plot By 2 Governors, 1 Ex-Governor To Destabilise North Uncovered / Photos Of Dasuki Reading Newspaper In Court / More Pictures From APC Ogun State Walk; Governor Abiodun, 9ice Spotted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.