Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,709 members, 7,813,340 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 11:03 AM

Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie (6912 Views)

Sallah: How Arewa Women Pampered Their Husbands With Money And Love / Two Kenyan Women Swap Their Husbands To Find Happiness (video) / Lady Blasted For Teaching Nigerian Women How To Lock Cheating Husbands In Bottle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by Berbierklaus(f): 9:43am On Jun 01, 2017
See this thing is simple and straight forward,women should run at any sign of a abuse,don't even wait to find out,even if you are 9 months pregnant,run for dear life.....

You won't have to hear sermons like this because you will be at peace with yourself.
Btw
The most respectful and meek women suffer more domestic violence.....
Quote me anywhere.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by AHCB: 10:36am On Jun 01, 2017
Prettiepearlz:

As usual, I was expecting you to come with insult. Pls school me, What sarcasm means and also on the recommendation were you asking for, just accept the fact that your point support wife beaters, your point make it looks like a man has no choice than to panel beat a woman because she is not respectful. And it's only an abused child that is always quick to abuse others. Learn to make your points without throwing hurtful words at the person you want to refer to. Mtchewww undecided
First of, was I talking to you? My post was directed at someone who responded to my post. Now, you come at me with the tides of a depraved and battered child churning out her frustration at something that doesn't concern her.

If you want to know what sarcasm is, I suggest you ask Google since it was the same lame ass sarcasm you threw in my direction. But atlas, I'm not like you so I'll point you in the right direction...

https://literarydevices.net/sarcasm/
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by Prettiepearlz(f): 10:45am On Jun 01, 2017
AHCB:
First of, was I talking to you? My post was directed at someone who responded to my post. Now, you come at me with the tides of a depraved and battered child churning out her frustration at something that doesn't concern her.

If you want to know what sarcasm is, I suggest you ask Google since it was the same lame ass sarcasm you threw in my direction. But atlas, I'm not like you so I'll point you in the right direction...

https://literarydevices.net/sarcasm/
As usual just as expected, I was expecting your insults. I don't who abused you this way and made you this abusive. Sorry to burst your bubble mister, you're the one who needs to go understand the meaning of word sarcasm, just face it, you're a potential wife beater and that's if you are not one self. Coming here to spill bitter words like an abused and deranged fellow. It's only an abused fellow that would support domestic violence and from your post you are one. It's obvious you have no respect for women and people like you doesn't deserve to be respected. Wife beater, always coming online to show the masculinity but won't be able to talk back at their bosses who insults them at will or throw a punch at a man who fights them but they can come online to bully women and also beat their wives at home. Cowards! Mtchewww undecided

4 Likes

Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by banmee(m): 11:11am On Jun 01, 2017

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by freshinko: 12:03pm On Jun 01, 2017
lepasharon:

Cos wives are little kids who deserve to be spanked each time they get rude. You lot are fools
what then is your humble suggestion? Because me too, i wan learn.
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by freshinko: 12:15pm On Jun 01, 2017
Prettiepearlz:

As usual just as expected, I was expecting your insults. I don't who abused you this way and made you this abusive. Sorry to burst your bubble mister, you're the one who needs to go understand the meaning of word sarcasm, just face it, you're a potential wife beater and that's if you are not one self. Coming here to spill bitter words like an abused and deranged fellow. It's only an abused fellow that would support domestic violence and from your post you are one. It's obvious you have no respect for women and people like you doesn't deserve to be respected. Wife beater, always coming online to show the masculinity but won't be able to talk back at their bosses who insults them at will or throw a punch at a man who fights them but they can come online to bully women and also beat their wives at home. Cowards! Mtchewww undecided
dear, in a humble way, pls how do you suggest an abusive wife should be treated.
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by freshinko: 12:18pm On Jun 01, 2017
PaulKillerman:

This ugly girl, u are on on my case again abi U better take your time and behave I'm warning you I don't interact with ugly wench
lolss.. bro take am easy oo
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 01, 2017
AHCB:
I'm sure you know there are ways you tell a person he/shhe is stupid_ without the person getting offended.

You mean euphemisms.
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by freshinko: 12:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
subtlemee:

Silence or leaving the house for her till everything cools off then you reprimand her
lolss what if it's raining heavily?
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by subtlemee(f): 12:22pm On Jun 01, 2017
freshinko:
lolss what if it's raining heavily?

Use keke grin
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by freshinko: 12:54pm On Jun 01, 2017
subtlemee:

Use keke grin
sister, i don laugh tire oo. God will definitely see us through in our respective homes.
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by MrBrownJay1(m): 1:09pm On Jun 01, 2017
This issue is a very simple one, and I am amazed how so many women are upset with such statement....

A) in Nigeria, so many people (out of desperation/pressure) marry any stranger/donkey, therefore many marry well known wifebeating demons.... And in order to live in peace, these women need to FULLY RESPECT these demons or get what's obviously coming to them.

B) in Nigeria, thanks to religion, the husband is viewed as the ultimate head/chief/kaiser of the house, no questions asked... Thus any woman married to such deluded religious man should FULLY RESPECT his every act/decision, unless she want to be dealt with by force.

C) when many Nigerian women are bred solely to be sold (via bride price) to the higher bidder, then no wonder some deluded men view their wives just as a possession, rather than an equal partner. Any woman married to such man should FULLY RESPECT them, or expect to be dealt with like a child/pet by these demons.

D) these aggressive men don't suddenly become this way, and therefore, if anyone think it was "OK" to overlook their aggressive nature during dating/courtship, then that person should FULLY RESPECT such man, as it is obvious that domestic violence is just one wrong answer/act away.

FINALLY, some women out there need to know when to shut the fukc up and back off...there is NO glory in being confrontational with your partner (that could crush you in one blow). Daring such dynamite is wrong, Be the example and walk away, instead of beating a lion expecting it to act like a sheep.... Some will, for your own safety, and other wouldn't due to your audacity and lack of respect.

I am not saying that domestic violence Is RIGHT, but I sure do understand why many act in such a way.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by Prettiepearlz(f): 1:16pm On Jun 01, 2017
freshinko:
dear, in a humble way, pls how do you suggest an abusive wife should be treated.
If you have tried to correct her with love and she still doesn't change. Then I suggest you divorce her rather than panel beating her. I will not tolerate abuse irrespective of the gender. How do you suggest an abusive husband should be treated?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by freshinko: 4:11pm On Jun 01, 2017
Prettiepearlz:

If you have tried to correct her with love and she still doesn't change. Then I suggest you divorce her rather than panel beating her. I will not tolerate abuse irrespective of the gender. How do you suggest an abusive husband should be treated?
well noted, thanks. Your answer applies to all gender as u mademade me understand, so no need for counter question.
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by MizMyColi(f): 4:25pm On Jun 01, 2017
eyinjuege:

I guess he'll also tell the men too not to disrespect their wives otherwise they will be bathed with hot water/oil or even started on fire and burnt to death.

The same people justifying domestic violence don't know the evil they are breeding, till things turn around .
Instead of you to speak against it and not mince words on the punishment that should be meted out to such. Instead of you to preach self control and restraint.

If we all endorse violence now, I wonder who will save the men when the women start their own well packaged round of madness.

usually, there is no smoke without fire.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by MizMyColi(f): 4:32pm On Jun 01, 2017
N101:

Normally I ignore threads like this but today I'll play devil's advocate.

What is striking a woman the response to insults? Coc ocandy was right to call it rubbish (and I'm being polite) and right to be emotional - if someone said it was right to slap you for whatever, wouldn't you be emotional? On what grounds can you justify striking an adult you're supposed to care about because they've insulted you or said something you don't like? What if you are in the wrong?

Some of the rubbish I read here makes me realise that some of you guys have a lot of growing up to do. If you want to live a life with no one saying anything to you, correcting you or even getting upset when you do something wrong, please, don't marry or just be a baby daddy and/or live the baby boy life. All of the justifications I'm seeing here are from such a myopic skewed perspective one would think all men are saints who can do no wrong and all women do is nag. I've heard men complain about their wives, when you dig deeper you realise they spend too much time away from home, or drink too much, or spend too much money, or womanise or are just inconsiderate. Those are examples, I wouldn't say that all men do this because not all men cheat, drink or spend lots of time away from home, but at some point they're doing something that annoys their wife, try to justify it and then complain when she starts to nag about that thing! When the outsider points out the obvious - usually another man - it's like their eye has suddenly cleared. All I can say is that a lot of parents are failing to raise their sons right, leaving the success or failure of a relationship fully on a woman's shoulder. That is wrong - there are two people in a relationship and it takes two to make it work. You can't hear if you're not actively listening.

And women usually nag because men usually have a hard time listening. That is despite whether she's been trying to tell you something directly or indirectly. And when you don't listen it starts to grate on the other person and then it gets to nagging. Let me ignore the girlfriend thing because any woman silly enough to let some boyfriend hit her isn't grown up yet. When you get to the point where hitting your wife is an option, what does that say about you as a person? Why is hitting the thing you would resort to?

The solution by and large is simple - listen. Don't be thinking of what you're going to say next, or be defensive or not take responsibility, or apologise hoping that she'll shut up, just listen. What is she saying that you're refusing to hear? Is it true? If it is, what do you do about it? If it isn't, how do you go about reassuring her? If you're not prepared to be open and honest with your spouse and communicate - both listening and speaking - and treating that person's opinion as valid (even if you don't agree), and you don't want anyone to say anything to you, marriage isn't for you.
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

grin

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by AHCB: 5:39pm On Jun 01, 2017
Mindfulness:

You mean euphemisms.
Ding dong, ding dong. smiley
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by cococandy(f): 5:47pm On Jun 01, 2017
Prettiepearlz:

Nothing infuriates me more than seeing guys type that shit. Like she is a kid that should be bundled home. If they don't want her in their house anymore, simply tell her and she would leave their miserable house and go wherever she wants to go to. It's her life and I feel she should decide where she wants to head to.
Actually they don't get to not want her in 'their' house anymore. It's the family house. Belongs to both the man and the woman. The man doesn't get to decide if she leaves or not.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by HarveySpecter1: 9:17pm On Jun 01, 2017
TheArchangel:
Imagine sending an adult back to her parents. Are you guys married to kids or what
I mean, as old as I am with well establish job in a major city..if I had an agreement with my husband he will bundle me to my parents, funny..aswear

He will bundle you back to your parents so that they can train you well.stop making mouth here. Tontolet too was making mouth until she saw Armageddon.
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by TheArchangel(f): 9:24pm On Jun 01, 2017
HarveySpecter1:

He will bundle you back to your parents so that they can train you well.stop making mouth here. Tontolet too was making mouth until she saw Armageddon.
kids. And she is with her parents now, right
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by Nobody: 10:20pm On Jun 01, 2017
cococandy:
This is such a belittling statement and I'm disappointed in him and those who support him.
Who tells men to respect their wives in order not to get beaten.
I swear the rampant sexism most Nigerian men are raised with, has all but robbed them of their common sense.
Do you know how many victims of domestic violence walk on egg shells in order not to set the man off yet they still get beaten and sometimes murdered?
Do you how many victims dare not even look in the eyes of the men they married so that they don't appear disrespectful yet their abusers find reason in the way they walk, sit or eat to beat them up?

All of you dummies should fvck out of here with your victim blaming retardedd bullshyt posts.

If you haven't been a victim of oppression don't try to mansplain to those who are going through it what to do to avoid it.
You guys often think you know best. It's a very disgusting attitude.

To be honest, the example he gave in the explanation was very wrong. Someone who tells you to shut up or sit down deserves the same replies. No debate about this. No responsible husband tell his wife to shut up.

Truth is, This is not a good example of women disrespecting their husbands. Because a lot of women can be drama queens. Even when their husbands are quiet. There are women who insult you blue black even before you can say jack sparrow. Those are good examples not this one.
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by HarveySpecter1: 11:05pm On Jun 01, 2017
TheArchangel:
kids. And she is with her parents now, right

Olosho, she has seen hell.
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by Khonifer: 11:35pm On Jun 01, 2017
^^^
To think I thought this person intelligent...

Smh

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by wadetaw202: 9:22am On Jun 02, 2017
banmee:

I am an irreparable idiot. I've lost my sense and I'm on my way to lunacy. I got stupidity from my parents, hence my show of senselessness. I blame my immbecile father for not using condom while ffucking my cursed mother. This would have saved the world from my unfortunate birth.
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by banmee(m): 9:40am On Jun 02, 2017
[quote author=wadetaw202 post=57114452][/quote]

From someone who doesn't know where his next meal will come from. grin Come let me change your life. How much? I know it can't be more than 15 dollars.

1 Like

Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by wadetaw202: 9:42am On Jun 02, 2017
banmee:

I begin to wonder why I always act and comment like an immbecile. I wonder if it runs in my family.
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by dominique(f): 3:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
Berbierklaus:
See this thing is simple and straight forward,women should run at any sign of a abuse,don't even wait to find out,even if you are 9 months pregnant,run for dear life.....

You won't have to hear sermons like this because you will be at peace with yourself.
Btw
Quote me anywhere.

Totally true @bolded. Those abusive men pounce on the meek women they can easily intimidate. That's why some men can never marry assertive women that can stand up for herself. That's the same reason they don't go beating up policemen or fellow men that gets on their nerves.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by jakandeola(m): 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
Berbierklaus:

Btw
Quote me anywhere.
if u cant respect me as a man why wont I beat u
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by jakandeola(m): 3:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
cococandy:
This is such a belittling statement and I'm disappointed in him and those who support him.
Who tells men to respect their wives in order not to get beaten.
I swear the rampant sexism most Nigerian men are raised with, has all but robbed them of their common sense.
Do you know how many victims of domestic violence walk on egg shells in order not to set the man off yet they still get beaten and sometimes murdered?
Do you how many victims dare not even look in the eyes of the men they married so that they don't appear disrespectful yet their abusers find reason in the way they walk, sit or eat to beat them up?

All of you dummies should fvck out of here with your victim blaming retardedd bullshyt posts.

If you haven't been a victim of oppression don't try to mansplain to those who are going through it what to do to avoid it.
You guys often think you know best. It's a very disgusting attitude.
is the truth d fact he beat u dont mean he dont love u like I put in my blog u women act like baby and dont respect a man. his beat is a love beat to correct u
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by jakandeola(m): 3:47pm On Jun 02, 2017
Afam4eva:

Stop being emotional about this issue. Nobody is saying that it's right for a man to beat his wife and the actor is not saying that either. The point is that it's the woman who gets the physical injury at the end of the day and as such for her to prevent it, she should respect her husband even when there's no need for it. Some men are crazy. Some would even beat a woman for no just reason. If you have a solution, bring it on.
God bless u a woman nid to be luv but dicipline wen time cos. I dicipline my woman twice and for 2years she nrva act dat way again
Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by dominique(f): 3:53pm On Jun 02, 2017
jakandeola:
if u cant respect me as a man why wont I beat u

Do men always respect their wives? Why shouldn't the women beat up their husbands or arrange for them to get beaten up? Continue making justifications for stupidity. If westerners call you people beast or backward people, you start making noise. Are you not backwards with your mentality? You need to get some exposure and do away with this caveman mentality.

jakandeola:
is the truth d fact he beat u dont mean he dont love u like I put in my blog u women act like baby and dont respect a man. his beat is a love beat to correct u

Stupidest post of the century. If she arranges thugs to panel beat your face, she's doing it out of love because we know that the average Nigerian man behaves like an overgrown baby. Always demanding for respect he cannot give.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wives Should Respect Their Husbands In Order Not To Be Beaten - Yul Edochie by cococandy(f): 5:21pm On Jun 02, 2017
jakandeola:
I wish imbeciles like you would not quote me

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are We Suggesting Men Cannot Be Good? / How This Baby Eats Bread While Sucking Breast Is Amazing! / I Beat Up My Wife. She Cheated On Me.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.