Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,115 members, 7,825,509 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? (33051 Views)

Attention!!! Help This Woman If You Know Her / U Have Failed As A Woman If Ur Tummy Is Bigger Than Ur Buttocks (pic) / Ladies:: You Aiint A Woman If You Havent Had Sex!!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by schumastic(m): 9:02am On Jun 02, 2017
Ziinno:

True. Let's hope life/fate pairs us with the right people.

amen but try not to give your boo headache
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by PeacenLove2: 9:04am On Jun 02, 2017
1bkaye:
Justifiable if it's self defence or a retaliation for being hit first, in my opinion

One way of ending up behind bars for murder. Many people in Kirikiri wish they had found the strength to walk away, choose a safer reasonable approach to address a bad situation. Aggression is a display of madness. Avoid being dragged into that sty by all means.

1 Like

Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by PeacenLove2: 9:06am On Jun 02, 2017
missomo:
1. Yes. And I will ensure my spouse ends up in jail for that. That's child abuse and that shouldn't be settled domestically because it is a serious crime.

2. Cheating? No. But divorce will be on the way.

3. Hits me. No. But you'll explain to the police and a judge why you had to hit me. A divorce will definitely be in order.

4. My mum? It depends on who started the fight but knowing my mum I won't hit you back but you'll explain to the police and have enough time to think up an excuse for a judge while cooling your heels in jail.

Sounds like you married a complete stranger.
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by Nobody: 9:11am On Jun 02, 2017
PeacenLove2:

One way of ending up behind bars for murder. Many people in Kirikiri wish they had found the strength to walk away, choose a safer reasonable approach to address a bad situation. Aggression is a display of madness. Avoid being dragged into that sty by all means.
Yeah not doing it at all is ideal but if it does happen those are justifiable reasons in my opinion
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by Obaf1(m): 9:12am On Jun 02, 2017
lawyer:
At no point should you hit a woman. What are you trying to prove? You are stronger than her and more powerful so no need to exhibit the disparity in strength. I agree alot of women have loose tongues or do things that would provoke a man to thump her to eternity but as a man have you thought of the repercussions if it goes awry?

I remember one case almost 15yrs ago when I was serving in the ministry of justice Oyo where a wife provoked her husband so badly when they had a misunderstanding. She said all sorts of imprintable things to him and reduced his masculinity in front of his neighbours but he kept quiet. She made fun of his sexual performance in bed but he kept quiet. Everyone laughed at him but he chose to ignore her. Then she shifted gears and called his mom a witch. He got so mad and hit her rib cages and followed that with rains of slaps. The neighbours now pulled him back to stop beating her but he kept saying he has warned her not to say anything negative about his mom. He could take any abuse from her but his mom was a no go area. The neighbours settles the fight and everyone went to bed. The next day she complained of body pains and was rushed to the hospital. She was given pain killers to soothe her pains and she did this constantly for 7 months. One night she died in her sleep and when she was rushed to the hospital/ morgue and the Official Coroners report was that she died due to the pains she received 7months ago from the beating.

The husband was charged for manslaughter and the Oyo state Directorate of Public Prosecutions pulled out a section stating "any bodily harm caused by another leading to death within 12months of that complaint of that pain such a person is liable to 14 years imprisonment."

That case changed my life towards anger management and how to ignore people who provoke you to death. Nobody remembered how he ignored his wife who mentally abused him to death and destroyed his masculinity but that 2 minutes of anger and rage to beat his late wife was remembered by the courts leading to his incarceration for 14years. So let this story guide men out there that get angry unnecessarily. If she provokes you please walk away. There is no shame or who being hurt. Rather walk out of the abusive relationship and get someone better. Some women are born toxic and you would only hurt yourself submitting to their negative vibes and mental abuse. If you believe there is a need to teach her a lesson by beating her to respect you also remember she could complain of pains leading to death and nobody would come to your aid to plead for you or remember she was at fault.
;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;i can take all the whole insult,bt,hey the only thing that will get me angry in this world is, for some1 to abuse my mom, i dont mind going to life inprisonment or die by hanging i will make sure i kill her/him
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by Boomboost(m): 9:14am On Jun 02, 2017
beautiful232:

But beating her wouldn't solve the problem,so I'm just saying you can deal with her in so many ways

You don't seem like a violent person, but why standing up for violent women?
Deal with her in many ways? Mention 2 and more ways, biko?
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 02, 2017
Learnt the hard way ...when a woman is looking for way out of marriage or a relationship they can use anything as a weapon including your fists and your children .

Women will test you ... Just to see how far you can take .." oya do your worst " .

Do not fall for it ...do not fall for it .

I learnt that when you are falsely accused of beating your woman ..no one will ask what did you do to make him angry . society will only ask why did you beat her .

I wasn't even in the same geographical territory with her

I still maintain my innocence till today with proof but the damage was already done .

By the time the story goes around family and friends ..the imagination will make it look like John cena vs Randy Orton whereas I just said don't provoke me on BBM .

Me I learnt once a woman tests you don't take the exam just leave the venue physically or mentally .
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by Nobody: 9:19am On Jun 02, 2017
1bkaye:

Yeah not doing it at all is ideal but if it does happen those are justifiable reasons in my opinion
Nah lady, its never ok to hit a woman, females are weaker
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by SmartyPants(m): 9:33am On Jun 02, 2017
Nobleking1994:

There is yet to be a break in the chain of event because the woman is still suffering from the injury she got seven months ago because of the man's physical abuse of her.

You were talking about negligence. On whose part is the negligence supposed to be attributed to the man or the hospital.

It is the right of the person that was being physical abused to either file for assault or manslaughter because all of it was as a result of the man's physical abuse of the lady l.

I don't think yo fully understand the concept of the chain of causation. Prescribing pain killers on the part of the hospital is intact a major interference in the chain of causation. Had she been properly examined she would most likely have survived.

Aslo assault and manslaughter are criminal charges. It is the duty of the police to prosecute the offender.
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by PeacenLove2: 9:35am On Jun 02, 2017
LalaLushness:

Now..

If you see your partner .. literally abusing your child physically , mentally to the point she wants to take the child's life ..
it is ok to slap the woman.. beat her well as if she was the child ?

Take the child away from her. Stay in her face, put your foot on the ground. This can never happen again, ever! You deny her access to the child for as long as possible. She needs psychological evaluation if she attacks a child to the point of death. She doesn't seem like a fit mother.
[/b]

You catch her on top of another man red handed !
Is this good enough reason ? If yes why

An automatic ground for divorce. I won't be paying any alimony too. I know couples who have worked through this and are still together. It always takes two to tango when it comes to cheating in a marriage. It just depends on our history and what we're both willing to sacrifice; pride and ego to protect our union.

She attacks your Mother physically
Is this good enough reason? If yes why

This is really bad. But this just doesn't happen out of the blue. There would have been a history of bad blood there. If nothing is done and it disintegrates into this level, I'd hope I find the strength to hold back. What I will do will depend on the facts of the case, look at everybody's input into the tragedy and be very fair. My mother is my mother. My wife is my wife, hopefully the mother of my children. It is my duty to love and protect them all regardless. I don't have a mother that stresses her daughter in law and I never would marry a woman who has no restraints and no respect for the elderly.

She hit you first !
What do you do ?

She hit me first? Why, is she insane? I would never hit her first, why should she? If for some reason she does, I will hold her still and tell her if I hit back, she probably could die and because I'm able to hold back now, I may not another time. And since I don't want to end up in jail or live with blood of another human being especially my own wife, in my hands, if this happens again, we may have to go our separate ways. I would marry a reasonale, logical woman. I believe we can both have a conversation if there was something wrong.

We hear and read about stories or have witnessed women being violent if the situation was reversed.... and this is justified because they a women why?
Men if put in this situations listed above how will you handle it ...
Over to you ...

P.S When two couples are in a relationship violence from either male or female .. should not be condoned ...it is just plain wrong ! Any form of domestic violence should be reported .

There are always other 1001 ways. It's lack of human intelligence to resort to beating someone else up.
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 02, 2017
Piiko:
Nah lady, its never ok to hit a woman, females are weaker
No one should be getting physical with anyone in the first place, so if you're defending yourself it's acceptable in my opinion, gender is irrelevant

1 Like

Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by Nobody: 9:50am On Jun 02, 2017
1bkaye:

No one should be getting physical with anyone in the first place, so if you're defending yourself it's acceptable in my opinion, gender is irrelevant
Yea self defence is acceptable but prevention is better than cure if I was a female once I notice an abusive relationship I would walk away

1 Like

Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by Nobody: 9:52am On Jun 02, 2017
Piiko:
Yea self defence is acceptable but prevention is better than cure if I was a female once I notice an abusive relationship I would walk away
Yeah definitely
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by Nobody: 9:59am On Jun 02, 2017
1bkaye:

Yeah definitely
You are my NL crush I hope you visit Abj someday
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by Nobody: 10:02am On Jun 02, 2017
Piiko:
You are my NL crush I hope you visit Abj someday
Lool aww, I will be there next year, I will let you know cheesy

2 Likes

Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by HRHMcKaydaKing: 10:15am On Jun 02, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin
MEGGATRON:
Under no circumstances should you hit a woman!!! you only hit them down there..............

HIT OUR CHILD; na she born am carry am for belle he go pain me shah but not enough reason.

CAUGHT CHEATING; Naaaah

ASSAULT MY MAMA; IYA FALCONEY ¿¿¿ walahi i go beat her so tey even DEVIL go report me to GOD.

Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by mrLhanray(m): 11:20am On Jun 02, 2017
I don't support violence against women, but some ladies can be so rude to their husband.
their was an incident that happened in my neighbourhood many years ago, this woman's husband is a very calm an gentleman who overlooks his wife's abusive nature, he keeps quiet or try to calm her down whenever his wife starts abusing and daring him to beat her. This has been happening for a while to the extent some tagged the husband "mUmU".
An incidence happened one day that really annoyed the husband, the beating he gave her that day was crazy, her eyes were swollen and she was spitting blood. she threatened to leave him, but believe me since that day she has bee so submissive to her husband.
I still don't support violence against women

1 Like

Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by kolawole024(m): 11:54am On Jun 02, 2017
No matter what she does?? Really, i disagree
beautiful232:
No matter what a woman does,it's so wrong to hit her,instead walk away pls
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by kolawole024(m): 12:09pm On Jun 02, 2017
Issokay, If your brother's wife blatantly insulted and humiliated your mum, and he came back home to see his mum(your mum) sobbing, he Should just walk to his wife and hug her Shey? That phrase "a man Should never hit a woman" is really getting into your heads nd making you girls/ladies misbehave
beautiful232:
No matter what a woman does,it's so wrong to hit her,instead walk away pls
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by holluphemydavid(m): 1:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
beautiful232:

lol..thanks
hello dear,bin a while
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by ImaIma1(f): 1:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
Brugo:

Hasty conclusion.

If you must infer anything at all you should notice that nairaland guys are quite touchy when it comes to their mothers. Most have said they'd overlook those reasons except one. Many guys would risk incarceration to protect the honour of their mothers.

Also, I believe it is quite simplistic (and unwise) to be so absolute enough to state that men should never hit their wives for any reason. Let naïve men post their lofty comments on self control. The day they meet the woman who would torment their souls, they'd sing a new tune.

There is this obsession with men and their mums. I loved my mum a lot but I am a woman and i know how women can be manipulative when they want to have their way. It is even worse when the person they manipulate is their son because he feels indebted to her forever and ever.
In an altercation between wife and mother(although i would never side a woman that can hit an elderly woman,mother inlaw or otherwise ) it is very important to treat it very sensitively. Both are women and are supposed to be important to you. You should even be the one to blame for being short sighted and foolish enough to marry the type of woman that would have the guts to hit your mother. So maybe you should beat yourself first before facing them.
I still believe that issues between husband and wife should be settled without beating.
If you must infer anything at all you should notice that nairaland guys are quite touchy when it comes to their mothers. Most have said they'd overlook those reasons except one. Many guys would risk incarceration to protect the honour of their mothers.

Also, I believe it is quite simplistic (and unwise) to be so absolute enough to state that men should never hit their wives for any reason. Let naïve men post their lofty comments on self control. The day they meet the woman who would torment their souls, they'd sing a new tune.[/quote]

There is this obsession with men and their mums. I loved my mum a lot but I am a woman and i know how women can be manipulative when they want to have their way. It is even worse when the person they manipulate is their son because he feels indebted to her forever and ever.
In an altercation between wife and mother(although i would never side a woman that can hit an elderly woman,mother inlaw or otherwise ) it is very important to treat it very sensitively. Both are women and are supposed to be important to you. You should even be the one to blame for marrying the type of woman that would have the guts to hit your mother. So maybe you should slap yourself first before facing them.
I still believe that issues between husband and wife should be settled without beating.

1 Like

Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by donodion(m): 1:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
dinachi:

This is the only man here! The rest are wussies. Men keep degrading and belittling their gender. It really baffles me. A lot of men here are First Class fools. A woman assaults you child, you keep quiet? The woman and the child who is weaker? So a woman can assault a delicate and weak child but she can't handle assault? Foolish men everywhere! A woman assaults a man and expect not to be beaten black and blue in return? Guys now you can see the effects of feminist brainwashing! If you belong to the gang of ' Real men don't beat women's Then you have been effectively brainwashed by feminists. A woman assaults my father or mother,aged people, and she expects kids glove? Please go through male responses here and you will understand why men keep losing respect every where in the world. Women keep pushing to get everything on a platter of gold while my gender keep falling into the trap.

My philosophy is very simple: Don't hit any human being, male, children or female.
But in any of the scenarios above, I will react violently. The feminists and their brainwashed male followers can attack right now.

You have my 100% Vote and back up. Oya feminist and their apologists, come and gerrit grin grin grin grin
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by Organs(m): 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
itzzhoneybee:
I am a female just on my 18th year on this earth and I know some women could be devils in human form but most ppl here don't consider the most important thing . Even God places men above women and there is actually nothing we females can't do about it. We are made from man and our place should be under him . refer to ur bible and its stated clearly dere . I see so many things talking about a world where there is gender equality but the fact still remains females are the lesser humans. But still this doesn't give any reason for us to be treated like inferior because when given equal opportunity with a man most of us could do better. Being the head gives u no reason to treat all those under u like slaves. Now to the topic the fact is its never right to hit anyone both male female and kids. So many things all of us has done that should have warranted instant death from God but he just has one thing we humans don't have PATIENCE. To those of u claiming if a woman hits ur mother you'll beat the hell out of her. Remember even God who is the mightiest of us all we desecrate him in every way possible and he still has mercy on us. Yes we are humans and most time we act before we think but still if God is present in our life VIOLENCE IS NEVER THE ANSWER.

And ladies too stop pushing ur man to d wall there is a limit to what they can contain.

Oh Girl, what your just wrote happens in a puritanic world. All this preaching is not practical. Its like "turn the other cheek" who in naija does it? its not practical. Your message is not making an impact, its just good talk that is not achievable.
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by beautiful232(f): 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
holluphemydavid:
hello dear,bin a while
yes oo
wadup na
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by ImaIma1(f): 3:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
In an altercation between wife and mother(although i would never side a woman that can hit an elderly woman,mother inlaw or otherwise ) it is very important to treat it very sensitively. Both are women and are supposed to be important to you. You should even be the one to blame for being short sighted and foolish enough to marry the type of woman that would have the guts to hit your mother. So maybe you should beat yourself first before facing them.
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by holluphemydavid(m): 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
beautiful232:

yes oo
wadup na
Am Gud and u?
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by Mandyblinks51(f): 4:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
I'm a woman...but if i were a man I'll definitely hit my wife if she mentally ,physically or emotionally abuses our child... I mean to d extent of taking d child's life...hell no ,i wont take that

1 Like

Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by sexy74(m): 4:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
1bkaye:
Lool aww, I will be there next year, I will let you know cheesy
una don dey toast una sef abi, me sef I dey ABJ let me know when u dey show.
Re: In A Relationship Is It Ok To Hit A Woman If…….? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
tobianthony:
Learnt the hard way ...when a woman is looking for way out of marriage or a relationship they can use anything as a weapon including your fists and your children .

Women will test you ... Just to see how far you can take .." oya do your worst " .

Do not fall for it ...do not fall for it .

I learnt that when you are falsely accused of beating your woman ..no one will ask what did you do to make him angry . society will only ask why did you beat her .

I wasn't even in the same geographical territory with her

I still maintain my innocence till today with proof but the damage was already done .

By the time the story goes around family and friends ..the imagination will make it look like John cena vs Randy Orton whereas I just said don't provoke me on BBM .

Me I learnt once a woman tests you don't take the exam just leave the venue physically or mentally .

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

19-Year-Old Shedrack Chukwuemeka Is Missing In Oshodi, Lagos / Do Virgin Men Still Exist?? / Alpha Fvcks, Beta Bucks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.