Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? (22402 Views)

How To Find Your Wife By Pastor Sam Adeyemi / Foluke Adeboye: When You Fall Out Of Cash, Your Wife Will Fall Out Of Love / Say Your Wish! What Will 2018 Bring For You And Your Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 8:08pm On Jun 02, 2017
karlz:

take am easy sha, its a free world and you only have one life to live, dont have to worry yourself so much about peoples choices, do your best for peace to reign and leave the rest to God, na Him be the only judge...you didnt create anybody or yourself so you shouldnt FORCE them live by your rules...live and let live. your life; your choices...no time 2worry

You have to worry when it has to do with your life and future (your kids)

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Ladycloud(f): 8:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
I will attend any religion my hubby joins as long as ot isn't Islam
seconded
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by madjnr: 8:14pm On Jun 02, 2017
funmisticqueen:
I take christianity anyday over a paedophile prophet, so please, convince me on why i should join islam and its benefits for women
you're a hypocrite... You term the Prophet a pedophile? But Joseph an old man married Mary at age 12? Is he also a pedophiles? The Bible has many verse of God ordering people to rape little gals...
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by madjnr: 8:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Point taken, but these old testament and new testament verses are totally different concepts , there are deeper revelations to these verses which you are not privy to.
Please tell me with quaranic verses, why i as a woman should join islam. Sell your religion to me.
Women in Islam:
So what is the standpoint of the Qur'an with regard to women? Women are indeed commanded by Allah to cover their heads and wear modest clothing, however, in Islam this is not a sign of denigration or subjugation to men, rather, it is a sign of chastity, modesty, and the fear of God. It also designates this woman to all men who might deal with her that she is to be dealt with with respect. This could be compared to the situation in the West when one meets a nun or priest, how the nun's habit and the priest's robes signal those who meet them that this person does not condone vulgarity of speech or evil actions. This is made apparent in the Qur'an in Al-Ahzab:
"… that is closer to their being recognized so that they shall not be abused, and Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful" Al-Ahzab(33):59 (also see Noor(24):31)
What about the rights of women in Islam? Are they indeed, as the popular propaganda would have us believe, "second class citizens"? Let us read the Qur'an:
"And they (women) have rights similar to those of men over them in a just manner"
The noble Qur'an, Al-Baqarah(2):228
"And their Lord has heard them (and He says): Verily! I suffer not the work of any worker, male or female, to be lost. You proceed one from another. So those who fled and were driven forth from their homes and suffered damage for My cause, and fought and were slain, verily I shall remit their evil deeds from them and verily I shall bring them into Gardens underneath which rivers flow. A reward from Allah. And with Allah is the fairest of rewards."
The noble Qur'an, A'al-Umran(3):195.
"And covet not the thing in which Allah has made some of you excel others. Unto men a fortune from that which they have earned, and unto women a fortune from that which they have earned. (Envy not one another) but ask Allah of His bounty. Verily! Allah is Knower of all things."
The noble Qur'an, Al-Nissa(4):32.
"Unto the men (of a family) belongs a share of that which parents and near kindred leave, and unto the women a share of that which parents and near kindred leave, whether it be little or much, a legal share."
The noble Qur'an, Al-Nissa(4):77.
"And whoso does good works, whether of male or female, and he (or she) is a believer, such will enter paradise and they will not be wronged the dint in a date stone."
The noble Qur'an, Al-Nissa(4):124.
"And the believers, men and women, are protecting friends one of another; they enjoin the right and forbid the wrong, and they establish worship and they pay the poor-due, and they obey Allah and His messenger. As for these, Allah will have mercy on them. Lo! Allah is Mighty, Wise."
The noble Qur'an, Al-Tauba(9):71
"Whosoever does right, whether male or female, and is a believer, him verily We shall quicken with good life, and We shall pay them a recompense in proportion to the best of what they used to do."
The noble Qur'an, Al-Nahil(16):97.
"And of His signs is this: He created for you spouses from yourselves that you might find tranquillity in them, and He ordained between you love and mercy. Lo, herein indeed are signs for folk who reflect."
The noble Qur'an, Al-Room(30):21
"Whoso does an ill deed, he will be repaid the like thereof, while whoso does right, whether male or female, and is a believer, (all) such will enter the Garden, where they will be nourished without stint."
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by madjnr: 8:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Point taken, but these old testament and new testament verses are totally different concepts , there are deeper revelations to these verses which you are not privy to.
Please tell me with quaranic verses, why i as a woman should join islam. Sell your religion to me.
The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said:
"The best believers are the best in conduct, and the best of you are those who are best to their wives."
When Muhammad (pbuh) first became the prophet of Islam, the Pagans of Arabia had inherited a similar disregard for woman as had been passed down among their Jewish and Christian neighbors. So disgraceful was it considered among them to be blessed with a female child that they would go so far as to bury this baby alive in order to avoid the disgrace associated with female children.
Through the teachings of Islam, Muhammad (pbuh) put a swift and resounding end to this evil practice. Not only did he severely discourage and condemn this act but he also used to teach them to respect and cherish their daughters and mothers as partners and sources of salvation for the men of their family:
AbuSa'id al-Khudri narrated:
"The Prophet (pbuh) said: If anyone cares for three daughters, disciplines them, marries them, and does good by them, he will enter Paradise."
(Narrated by Abu-Dawood)
Abdullah the son of Abbas narrated:
"The Prophet (pbuh) said: If anyone has a female child, and does not bury her alive, or slight her, or prefer his male children over her, Allah will bring him into Paradise."
(Narrated by Abu-Dawood)
Muhammad (pbuh) is also sited in "Sahih Muslim" as saying:
"Whoever maintains two girls till they attain maturity, he and I will come on the Day of Resurrection like this; and he joined his fingers".
In other words, if one loves the messenger of Allah and wishes to be with him on the day of resurrection in heaven, then they should do good by their daughters.
To learn more about the rights of women in Islam, the issue of modest dress codes, the issue of polygamy, and many other issues which can not be covered here, I highly recommend the following books:
1.Women in Islam Versus Women in the Judaeo-Christian Tradition: The Myth & The Reality, By Dr. Sherif Abdel Azeem, World Assembly of Muslim Youth.
2."The Status of Women in Islam," by Dr. Jamal A. Badawi, World Assembly of Muslim Youth.
3."Women's rights in Islam," by Lea Zaitoun, World Assembly of Muslim Youth.
4."Gender Equity in Islam," by Dr. Jamal Badawi, World Assembly of Muslim Youth.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by fpeter(f): 8:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
khalifahsparkles:

I have just one word for you.

sweeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrvvee!!!

I have several words for you but I'll stick to these:
Open your eyes and embrace Jesus.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by madjnr: 8:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
funmisticqueen:
First and formost, please give me a verse in the new testament to support all this story you wrote. In the presence of two or more witnesses, a thing is established. The answers to these questions you asked is something only the christian knows cos it is foolishness to an unbeliever, i don't want to start a religious debate here, the bible is a book pointing to jesus christ, and the way he treats women should be the standard we should follow. Always read something in the context in which it is written, thank you.
Many times when I enter a debate with fellow Christians and present verses from the Old Testament to them about some of life's laws and issues that were given to the Jews from GOD Almighty, they immediately give me answers such as "Oh, this is an old testament law that we Christians don't have to follow...." I find that to be quite an interesting statement.
Jesus orders Christians to follow the Law of Moses in the Old Testament: "Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18) " It is quite clear from these verses from the New Testament that Jesus peace be upon him did honor the Old Testament and did say that every single "letter" of it has to be honored, followed and fulfilled.
The verses of Matthew 23:1-3 were sent to me by a Muslim brother ( LISLAM@aol.com ); may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him: "Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.'
(Matthew 23:1-3) " We clearly see in these verses that Jesus peace be upon him did not prohibit for the Old Testament to be followed, but only warned his followers to not follow it the way the current religious leaders of the Law (the Jewish Rabies) were following it.
2- The laws, rules and directions on how to live your life:
Now, as for life's laws and issues, the Old Testament for instance prohibits a son from marrying his own mother, sister, or father's former wife. The Old Testament also orders those who commit adultery to be burnt in fire, and those who decide to desert their religion and follow another religion must get stoned to death (Deuteronomy 13:6-9, and Deuteronomy 17:3-5) . Also the Old Testament orders Gays and Lesbians to be burnt in fire.
These laws were put by Jesus himself (assuming that Jesus is GOD himself as Christians believe). However, these laws do not exist in the New Testament. Does this mean that since these laws do not exist in the New Testament, then that would allow the son to marry his own mother? or the brother to marry his own sister? or a Gay person to become a minister or priest in a church? and if that would be ok, then wouldn't that all be a contradiction to what Jesus wants since he is the one who inspired the Old Testament?
The New Testament did have laws that modified the Old Testament's ones. I do not have a problem with those laws, and yes I do agree that Christians must not follow the laws of the Old Testament that were modified by the New Testament. What I am finding very confusing from the Christians is that they base their life all on the New Testament, and the New Testament does not have many laws in it. It hardly covers any hot topic or issue that we deal with in our life. For instance, the Old Testament has its own laws for inheritance, but the New Testament doesn't.
Now, if a father dies and leaves $1,000,000 to a family of 1 boy, 2 girls and a widow wife. According to the Old Testament, only the boy inherits all, and the two daughters and the widow wife must live under the son's laws and mercy according to (Numbers 27:1-11) in the Old Testament. This law was put by Jesus himself (since Jesus is GOD according to the Christians belief). My question is, since the New Testament does not even talk about the topic of inheritance, but the Old Testament does, then wouldn't it make more sense for Christians to follow the laws of the Old Testament, since both the New Testament and the Old Testament were inspired by Jesus himself?
It seems to me that the New Testament is not a religion, but rather a story of Jesus' life. Yes, I as a Muslim do love and respect Jesus (peace be upon him) a lot, because we Muslims believe that he is a Messenger from Allah Almighty. However, we do not believe that the current Bible is the true word of God. We believe that the Original Bible still exists today, but is lost. If you study the New Testament carefully, you would notice that Jesus' teachings only cover a column and a half of a news paper today. Jesus lived among his people for 33 years, and all we have from his personal sayings are a column and a half worth of words in a news paper!!!
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by madjnr: 8:41pm On Jun 02, 2017
Amberon11:
Saying the truth is not an act of love? Was your Mohammed not a pedophile, rapist, murderer and more? Matter fact, I'm done reading or replying you.
so is Joseph... Moses David and many more people... According to your Bible.... Hypocrite
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
All i keep seeing is 'he,he and he' your prophet couldnt even have a conversation with a woman like a fellow human being, yet jesus spoke with the woman at the well. Christianity has evolved and its percepts stand true, islam is still stuck in the 13th century and refused to adapt.
madjnr:
The Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) said:
"The best believers are the best in conduct, and the best of you are those who are best to their wives."
When Muhammad (pbuh) first became the prophet of Islam, the Pagans of Arabia had inherited a similar disregard for woman as had been passed down among their Jewish and Christian neighbors. So disgraceful was it considered among them to be blessed with a female child that they would go so far as to bury this baby alive in order to avoid the disgrace associated with female children.
Through the teachings of Islam, Muhammad (pbuh) put a swift and resounding end to this evil practice. Not only did he severely discourage and condemn this act but he also used to teach them to respect and cherish their daughters and mothers as partners and sources of salvation for the men of their family:
AbuSa'id al-Khudri narrated:
"The Prophet (pbuh) said: If anyone cares for three daughters, disciplines them, marries them, and does good by them, he will enter Paradise."
(Narrated by Abu-Dawood)
Abdullah the son of Abbas narrated:
"The Prophet (pbuh) said: If anyone has a female child, and does not bury her alive, or slight her, or prefer his male children over her, Allah will bring him into Paradise."
(Narrated by Abu-Dawood)
Muhammad (pbuh) is also sited in "Sahih Muslim" as saying:
"Whoever maintains two girls till they attain maturity, he and I will come on the Day of Resurrection like this; and he joined his fingers".
In other words, if one loves the messenger of Allah and wishes to be with him on the day of resurrection in heaven, then they should do good by their daughters.
To learn more about the rights of women in Islam, the issue of modest dress codes, the issue of polygamy, and many other issues which can not be covered here, I highly recommend the following books:
1.Women in Islam Versus Women in the Judaeo-Christian Tradition: The Myth & The Reality, By Dr. Sherif Abdel Azeem, World Assembly of Muslim Youth.
2."The Status of Women in Islam," by Dr. Jamal A. Badawi, World Assembly of Muslim Youth.
3."Women's rights in Islam," by Lea Zaitoun, World Assembly of Muslim Youth.
4."Gender Equity in Islam," by Dr. Jamal Badawi, World Assembly of Muslim Youth.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Ayodee2(m): 8:48pm On Jun 02, 2017
madjnr:
Women in Islam:
So what is the standpoint of the Qur'an with regard to women? Women are indeed commanded by Allah to cover their heads and wear modest clothing, however, in Islam this is not a sign of denigration or subjugation to men, rather, it is a sign of chastity, modesty, and the fear of God. It also designates this woman to all men who might deal with her that she is to be dealt with with respect. This could be compared to the situation in the West when one meets a nun or priest, how the nun's habit and the priest's robes signal those who meet them that this person does not condone vulgarity of speech or evil actions. This is made apparent in the Qur'an in Al-Ahzab:
"… that is closer to their being recognized so that they shall not be abused, and Allah is ever Forgiving, Merciful" Al-Ahzab(33):59 (also see Noor(24):31)
What about the rights of women in Islam? Are they indeed, as the popular propaganda would have us believe, "second class citizens"? Let us read the Qur'an:
"And they (women) have rights similar to those of men over them in a just manner"
"And their Lord has heard them (and He says): Verily! I suffer not the work of any worker, male or female, to be lost. You proceed one from another. So those who fled and were driven forth from their homes and suffered damage for My cause, and fought and were slain, verily I shall remit their evil deeds from them and verily I shall bring them into Gardens underneath which rivers flow. A reward from Allah. And with Allah is the fairest of rewards."
"And covet not the thing in which Allah has made some of you excel others. Unto men a fortune from that which they have earned, and unto women a fortune from that which they have earned. (Envy not one another) but ask Allah of His bounty. Verily! Allah is Knower of all things."
"Unto the men (of a family) belongs a share of that which parents and near kindred leave, and unto the women a share of that which parents and near kindred leave, whether it be little or much, a legal share."
"And whoso does good works, whether of male or female, and he (or she) is a believer, such will enter paradise and they will not be wronged the dint in a date stone."
"And the believers, men and women, are protecting friends one of another; they enjoin the right and forbid the wrong, and they establish worship and they pay the poor-due, and they obey Allah and His messenger. As for these, Allah will have mercy on them. Lo! Allah is Mighty, Wise."
"Whosoever does right, whether male or female, and is a believer, him verily We shall quicken with good life, and We shall pay them a recompense in proportion to the best of what they used to do."
"And of His signs is this: He created for you spouses from yourselves that you might find tranquillity in them, and He ordained between you love and mercy. Lo, herein indeed are signs for folk who reflect."
"Whoso does an ill deed, he will be repaid the like thereof, while whoso does right, whether male or female, and is a believer, (all) such will enter the Garden, where they will be nourished without stint."

God will bless you.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 8:48pm On Jun 02, 2017
What is the reward for women in al janaa. Cos 72 males virgins and a rivers of wine seem like drunkeness and gang rape to me, not paradise.
madjnr:
Women in Islam:
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Everblazinggg(f): 8:48pm On Jun 02, 2017
Owodiran1:
Ali burnt the unbelievers alive. Ali is a leader. Abass said if he were to be him he wouldn't have burnt them as almighty Allah kicks against people punishing unbelievers with fire. Abass is another leader with another view. So two leaders with different approac. Ali burnt them. Abass said he will not burn them as Allah kicks against it. That's the explanation of the verse. We don't kill. Only people who feels like killing kills.

Ali burnt the unbelievers with fire, abass said he should not have burnt them with fire cause it's the way GOd punishes . But Abass said he will still kill them but not with fire . He ended it with any one that leaves Islam should be killed that that's what the apostles said.

Don't act like you didn't understand that verse, it's very clear......kill the unbelievers

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by madjnr: 8:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
karlz:

suicide??funny, please say something else or ask to learn if u dont know what to say...the only suicide we know of is by isis, boko haram and such who were sent by the devil to kill infidels.
btw have you seen the muddy spring where Prophet Mohammed said the sun goes at night? and have you been able to locate the christians that worship Mary the mother of Jesus as the Third person of the Trinity?please help me with these facts given by the Prophet Mohammed or else you could just admit he is nothing but a fraud and anti-christ
tell us more about your all powerless god that came out from a woman vagina as a helpless baby... Who had to suckle on her teats... And didn't even know the final hour nor could he save himself from his so called creation.
. What a demented fellow..
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 8:52pm On Jun 02, 2017
Am i lying didnt ur prophet marry a 6 year old, that is worse off. Produce the bible verse where joseph married mary at the age of 12, and that joseph was an old man. Also give me verses both old and new testament where God ordered people to rape girls. Hypocrite.
madjnr:
you're a hypocrite... You term the Prophet a pedophile? But Joseph an old man married Mary at age 12? Is he also a pedophiles? The Bible has many verse of God ordering people to rape little gals...
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by madjnr: 8:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
funmisticqueen:
What is the reward for women in al janaa. Cos 72 males virgins and a rivers of wine seem like drunkeness and gang rape to me, not paradise.
the wine in paradise can't get you drunkness.. There's no sin in paradise
First of all it is untrue that Muslim men are the only ones that get companions in heaven (refer to the second link, which is Dr Zakir Naik's website). The main reason why the Quran and hadith are stressing the fact that men will get virgin girls is because it more appealing to men than promising virgin men to women. Men are more sexually active and therefore are facing a lot of difficulty (especially in the teenage years) to remain chaste. There are a lot of temptations in this world. That is why that Allah keeps promising these virgin girls who are more superior to the women of this world to those that remain patient and steadfast. That way, this motivates the unmarried men to remain chaste and be patient because they know they have something better waiting for them in the next life. Because if they do not get it legally in the next life then they would get it illegally in this life.
These are some verses that show the equality that men and women receive when it comes to attaining the rewards of paradise.
Surah 3:195
So their Lord accepted their prayer: That I will not waste the work of a worker among you, whether male or female...
Surah 4:194
And whoever does good deeds whether male or female and he (or she) is a believer -- these shall enter the garden, and they shall not be dealt with a jot unjustly.
Surah 16:97
Whoever does good whether male or female and he is a believer, We will most certainly make him live a happy life, and We will most certainly give them their reward for the best of what they did.
Surah 33:35
Surely the men who submit and the women who submit, and the believing men and the believing women, and the obeying men and the obeying women, and the truthful men and the truthful women, and the patient men and the patient women and the humble men and the humble women, and the almsgiving men and the almsgiving women, and the fasting men and the fasting women, and the men who guard their private parts and the women who guard, and the men who remember Allah much and the women who remember -- Allah has prepared for them forgiveness and a mighty reward.
Surah 36:56
They and their wives shall be in shades, reclining on raised couches
Surah 39:34
T hey will have with their Lord whatever they desire; that is the reward of those who good.
Surah 43:70
Enter the garden, you and your wives; you shall be made happy.
Recommended Readings
http://www.harunyahya.com/palestine01.php (great free online book by Harun Yahya)
http://www.answering-christianity.com/bassam_zawadi/islamic_paradise.htm
http://www.drzakirnaik.com/pages/qanda/29.php
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
ivolt:

That is none of my business, he may accept amadioha for all I
care, so long he doesn't marry his daughter off at age 6 and he
does not support violence.

An Igbo man's conversion cannot change your own reality and
guilty people always ask for "understanding".

It shouldn't be your business before. na just gist. if you don't take my advice na you sabi
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
I want an Islam that preaches peace and practice it to its fullest.

I lost a friend to Islamic thugs shouting Allahu Akbar while they hacked him to death because he wasn't of their religion.

Just keep quiet and do your so called Ramadan in Peace.

another "derailmention". nobody cares about what you want.

RIP to your friend and thanks for your so called wishes
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Jun 02, 2017
madjnr:

Many times when I enter a debate with fellow Christians and present verses from the Old Testament to them about some of life's laws and issues that were given to the Jews from GOD Almighty, they immediately give me answers such as "Oh, this is an old testament law that we Christians don't have to follow...." I find that to be quite an interesting statement.
Jesus orders Christians to follow the Law of Moses in the Old Testament: "Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18) " It is quite clear from these verses from the New Testament that Jesus peace be upon him did honor the Old Testament and did say that every single "letter" of it has to be honored, followed and fulfilled.
The verses of Matthew 23:1-3 were sent to me by a Muslim brother ( LISLAM@aol.com ); may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him: "Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.'
(Matthew 23:1-3) " We clearly see in these verses that Jesus peace be upon him did not prohibit for the Old Testament to be followed, but only warned his followers to not follow it the way the current religious leaders of the Law (the Jewish Rabies) were following it.
Now, as for life's laws and issues, the Old Testament for instance prohibits a son from marrying his own mother, sister, or father's former wife. The Old Testament also orders those who commit adultery to be burnt in fire, and those who decide to desert their religion and follow another religion must get stoned to death (Deuteronomy 13:6-9, and Deuteronomy 17:3-5) . Also the Old Testament orders Gays and Lesbians to be burnt in fire.
These laws were put by Jesus himself (assuming that Jesus is GOD himself as Christians believe). However, these laws do not exist in the New Testament. Does this mean that since these laws do not exist in the New Testament, then that would allow the son to marry his own mother? or the brother to marry his own sister? or a Gay person to become a minister or priest in a church? and if that would be ok, then wouldn't that all be a contradiction to what Jesus wants since he is the one who inspired the Old Testament?
The New Testament did have laws that modified the Old Testament's ones. I do not have a problem with those laws, and yes I do agree that Christians must not follow the laws of the Old Testament that were modified by the New Testament. What I am finding very confusing from the Christians is that they base their life all on the New Testament, and the New Testament does not have many laws in it. It hardly covers any hot topic or issue that we deal with in our life. For instance, the Old Testament has its own laws for inheritance, but the New Testament doesn't.
Now, if a father dies and leaves $1,000,000 to a family of 1 boy, 2 girls and a widow wife. According to the Old Testament, only the boy inherits all, and the two daughters and the widow wife must live under the son's laws and mercy according to (Numbers 27:1-11) in the Old Testament. This law was put by Jesus himself (since Jesus is GOD according to the Christians belief). My question is, since the New Testament does not even talk about the topic of inheritance, but the Old Testament does, then wouldn't it make more sense for Christians to follow the laws of the Old Testament, since both the New Testament and the Old Testament were inspired by Jesus himself?
It seems to me that the New Testament is not a religion, but rather a story of Jesus' life. Yes, I as a Muslim do love and respect Jesus (peace be upon him) a lot, because we Muslims believe that he is a Messenger from Allah Almighty. However, we do not believe that the current Bible is the true word of God. We believe that the Original Bible still exists today, but is lost. If you study the New Testament carefully, you would notice that Jesus' teachings only cover a column and a half of a news paper today. Jesus lived among his people for 33 years, and all we have from his personal sayings are a column and a half worth of words in a news paper!!!
tongue
madjnr:

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by tosyne2much(m): 9:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
AuroraB:
Na so we see them cheesy
Their matter tire me jawe... Always using violence at any slight provocation

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 02, 2017
khalifahsparkles:

It seems you ve eaten and so you ve gotten strength to continue your rants.

Not interested.

You ll be IGNORED from now on
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
Pls dont derail our conversation, answer my previous questions
madjnr:

It seems to me that the New Testament is not a religion, but rather a story of Jesus' life. Yes, I as a Muslim do love and respect Jesus (peace be upon him) a lot, because we Muslims believe that he is a Messenger from Allah Almighty. However, we do not believe that the current Bible is the true word of God. We believe that the Original Bible still exists today, but is lost. If you study the New Testament carefully, you would notice that Jesus' teachings only cover a column and a half of a news paper today. Jesus lived among his people for 33 years, and all we have from his personal sayings are a column and a half worth of word
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jun 02, 2017
Bitch please, aren't you supposed to be starving somewhere, acting pious and raising nyash up in the air
khalifahsparkles:

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by elohimoutreach: 9:35pm On Jun 02, 2017
Tiny23:

For your mind now,you have made sense.

Can somebody please tell me is a lie(habaa)
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by lolaluv1(f): 9:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
BiggyB242:

Kids will be in the boarding house they spend most of the time in school, also, they will put in schools which have a strong religious belief. If I am Christian it will be Church own school and if Muslim it will be a school that take Islamics seriously.

Well, she still has the right to spend time during the holidays.
Of course, we are speaking hypothetically but kudos for replying maturely. I thought you were going to cuss me out but I just couldn't keep quiet.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
funmisticqueen:
Bitch please, aren't you supposed to be starving somewhere, acting pious and raising nyash up in the air

burrrrrnnn!!! gringrin

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
It seems you ve eaten and so you ve gotten strength to continue your rants.

Not interested.

You ll be IGNORED from now on

good girl. that was my instruction from the start. ignore me gringrin
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by essence1: 10:01pm On Jun 02, 2017
madjnr:

Yes, the old testament was given to the JEWS ONLY, there was no Christianity then, for Christ hadn't come to die and be raised. Christianity started after the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by yinks0067: 10:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
essence1:
Yes, the old testament was given to the JEWS ONLY, there was no Christianity then, for Christ hadn't come to die and be raised. Christianity started after the death burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ.
This world is at the height of hostility and bigotry.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
madjnr:
tell us more about your all powerless god that came out from a woman vagina as a helpless baby... Who had to suckle on her teats... And didn't even know the final hour nor could he save himself from his so called creation.
. What a demented fellow..
yes that "powerless" baby born to the virgin Mary is A King, A Saviour and Lord forever, and He didnt need to save Himself being made once and for all as a pure sacrifice so you can have everlasting life by the redemption of your precious soul from the law of sin of death if you choose to believe in His Name and forsake iniquity...in Him alone is the Truth and the Life, not in the quran or hadith, for without His Blood there is no forgiveness of sins by God Almighty just as it was in the Pentatauch, not by your works of righteousness or charity which are nothing but filth in the presence of The Holy One of Isreal..and dont call me demented till you can show me proof of the sun setting in a certain muddy spring if its not just a plain lie as are others therein...shallom
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Didov1(f): 10:28pm On Jun 02, 2017
@madjnr..the old n new testament works hand in hand with each other,there never b the new testament without d old n the old wil neva b completed without d new testament which is centered on d life,death,ressuration nd beginin of d early church of God...jesus neva came 2 abolish d law bt 2 fulfill n correct sum wrong understandin of the law in d old testament....(mat12vs10)talks abt d healin of d man with witherd hand,when he was confronted he said vs11"what man is there among you has one sheep and if he falls into a pit will nt hold of him nd lift it out"vs12.'how much more value is the man 2 d sheep,therefor its ryt 2 do gud on sabath day.jhn8vs1-11 talk abt d woman caught in d act of adultery wen dey ask jesus wht 2 do 2 ha(cox its writen 2 stone such person)bt jesus said he who is without sin to cast stone 4st,bt convicted by their consciense they left one by one vs10to11"woman where those accuser of urs?has no one condemn u,she said no one lord n jesus said 2 ha"neither do i condemn u,go n sin no more"
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Didov1(f): 10:51pm On Jun 02, 2017
@madjnr..with those listed above,jesus did nt do dat 2 contradict what was written bt to correct d wrong understandin,jesus came to preach love n jesus is love his self,d old testament laws n rules still exist bt its nw ruled with love,,so anythin violent is nw represented with peace(cox if we stil live by d old rule there wil alway b war n blood shed cox of dif io religion),hatred with love n darkness with light,cox jhn8vs12 says.nd jesus spoke 2 then sayin'i am d light of d world,he who follows me shal nt walk in darknes bt av d light of life'...d old laws stil exist bt its nw ruled with love...

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Cardinal Arinze Likely To Be The First Black Pope? / Prophet Wale Olagunju: 'Atiku Will Defeat Buhari 2019, Osinbajo Has Failed God' / Why Was David Called A Man After God's Own Heart?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 175
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.