Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,201 members, 7,815,190 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? - Religion (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? (22351 Views)

How To Find Your Wife By Pastor Sam Adeyemi / Foluke Adeboye: When You Fall Out Of Cash, Your Wife Will Fall Out Of Love / Say Your Wish! What Will 2018 Bring For You And Your Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Mujtahida: 2:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
Amberon11:
at what point did you person you quoted mention christ or christianity? Damage control. Keep running from the truth.
What's the import of your question?
See this one, so you did not read where he juxtaposed Jesus and Muhammed and what is the reason for the juxtaposition if not to convince the Op that Christ is better than Muhammad. Is it not Christianity that I was born into and practiced well, do I not know all the subtle and not so subtle ways Christians push their religion (if you like say it is not a religion but a relationship, na you sabi) on others?

Leave them and their Prophet-good or bad-leave them. He is their Prophet not yours. At least Islam is almost 1500 years old. Go and worship your sweet Jehovah who gave Isreal a divine mandate and programme to kill and despoil the surrounding nations.

And over all, continue in your delusion. All religions (Islam, Buddhism, Christianity, Shinto, Hinduism etc) are nothing but a fraud!

If you thought I was a Muslim by virtue of my moniker you are mistaken! I can school you in Christianity

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
dragonking2:
Lol, how is islam the fastest growing in the world? They leave their cursed islamic region and flock into christian countries, give birth to numerous children then claim fastest growing. Lol

Let your alfa and decietful stories keep on telling you lies of how islam is fast growing meanwhile reverse is the case. Hundreds, if not thousands of muslims are converting to christianity per day just to survive.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/30/muslim-refugees-converting-christianity-find-safety/

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/03/16/world/islam-fastest-growing-religion-trnd/index.html
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
The question is an open one so i don't see why it should be restricted to Islamic section. Why are you people always running away to debate the ills in your religion?

he will get better advice in the Islamic section instead of senseless religious bashing. see the topic has already been derailed by your likes. the op asked what you will do if you find yourself in his shoes but you are talking another thing entirely.

you are talking about religious ills. sorry to break your heart. my religion is complete and free from imperfection. if we are talking about a religion with ills; aunty it's your religion. the truth tastes like bile but I will say it.

tenkiu
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by ivolt: 2:54pm On Jun 02, 2017
khalifahsparkles:

I will not waste my time consulting Google because Google is neither the Qur'an nor tor the Hadith. It's neither a Muslim nor an Imam.

I won't also waste my time asking an Alfa because I know our Prophet (PBUH) married Aisha when she was 9. and I also know that girls got married very early in the days of old.

and I also know that he didn't marry his son's wife. his only son Kassim; died at childhood and he was never married.
It is funny that I had to lecture you about your prophet, he actually
had 4 sons in total(Qasim. Abd-Allah, Ibrahim and Zayd(the only adopted one)).

I initially thought you were pretending so I will help you out.

1. Aisha was married by Muhamad at age 6
here are the undeniable proofs

SAHIH AL-BUKHARI

Narrated Aisha:
The Prophet engaged me when I was a girl of six (years). We went to Medina and stayed at the home of Bani-al-Harith bin Khazraj. Then I got ill and my hair fell down. Later on my hair grew (again) and my mother, Um Ruman, came to me while I was playing in a swing with some of my girl friends. She called me, and I went to her, not knowing what she wanted to do to me. She caught me by the hand and made me stand at the door of the house. I was breathless then, and when my breathing became all right, she took some water and rubbed my face and head with it. Then she took me into the house. There in the house I saw some Ansari women who said, "Best wishes and Allah's Blessing and a good luck." Then she entrusted me to them and they prepared me (for the marriage). Unexpectedly Allah's Apostle came to me in the forenoon and my mother handed me over to him, and at that time I was a girl of nine years of age. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 234)

Narrated Hisham's father:
Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old. (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 5, Book 58, Number 236)

Narrated 'Aisha:
Allah's Apostle said to me, "You were shown to me twice (in my dream) before I married you. I saw an angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said to him, 'Uncover (her),' and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.' Then you were shown to me, the angel carrying you in a silken piece of cloth, and I said (to him), 'Uncover (her), and behold, it was you. I said (to myself), 'If this is from Allah, then it must happen.'" (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 9, Book 87, Number 140; see also Number 139)

Narrated 'Aisha:
that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64; see also Numbers 65 and 88)

SAHIH MUSLIM

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported: Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) married me when I was six years old, and I was admitted to his house at the age of nine. She further said: We went to Medina and I had an attack of fever for a month, and my hair had come down to the earlobes. Umm Ruman (my mother) came to me and I was at that time on a swing along with my playmates. She called me loudly and I went to her and I did not know what she had wanted of me. She took hold of my hand and took me to the door, and I was saying: Ha, ha (as if I was gasping), until the agitation of my heart was over. She took me to a house, where had gathered the women of the Ansar. They all blessed me and wished me good luck and said: May you have share in good. She (my mother) entrusted me to them. They washed my head and embellished me and nothing frightened me. Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) came there in the morning, and I was entrusted to him. (Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3309; see also 3310)

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) married her when she was seven years old, and he was taken to his house as a bride when she was nine, and her dolls were with her; and when he (the Holy Prophet) died she was eighteen years old. (Sahih Muslim, Book 008, Number 3311)

SUNAN ABU DAWUD

Aisha said: The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) married me when I was seven years old. The narrator Sulaiman said: Or six years. He had intercourse with me when I was nine years old. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Number 2116)

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
The Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him) married me when I was seven or six. When we came to Medina, some women came. According to Bishr's version: Umm Ruman came to me when I was swinging. They took me, made me prepared and decorated me. I was then brought to the Apostle of Allah (peace_be_upon_him), and he took up cohabitation with me when I was nine. She halted me at the door, and I burst into laughter. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 41, Number 4915)

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) used to kiss her and suck her tongue when he was fasting. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 13, Number 2380)

SUNAN NASA‘I

… When Hadrat Aisha passed nine years of marriage life, the Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) fell in mortal sickness… ‘A’isha was eighteen years of age at the time when the Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) passed away and she remained a widow for forty-eight years till she died at the age of sixty-seven. She saw the rules of four Caliphs in her lifetime. She died on Ramadan 58 A.H. during the Caliphate of Hadrat Amir Mu‘awiya… (Sunan Nasa'i: English translation with Arabic Text, compiled by Imam Abu Abd-ur-Rahman Ahmad Nasa'i, rendered into English by Muhammad Iqbal Siddiqui [Kazi Publication, 121-Zulqarnain Chambers, Gampat Road, Lahore, Pakistan; first edition, 1994], Volume 1, p. 108)

SUNAN IBN-I-MAJAH

1876. ‘A’isha (Allah be pleased with her) is reported to have said: Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) contracted marriage with me while I was (yet) a six years [sic] old girl. Then we arrived at Medina and stayed with Banu Harith b. Khazraj. I fell victim to fever; then my hair (of the head fell off (and became scattered). Then they became plenty and hanged down upto [sic] the earlobes. My mother ‘Umm Ruman came to me while I was (playing) in a swing alongwith [sic] my play-mates. She (the mother) called me loudly. I went to her and I did not know what he [sic] wanted. She seized my hand and stopped me at the door of the house and I was hearing [sic] violently until the agitation of my heart was over. Then she took some water and wiped it over my face and head. Then she admitted me to the house when some woman [sic] of Ansar were present in the house. They said, "You have entered with blessings and good fortune." Then she (the mother) entrusted me to them. So they embellished me and nothing frightened me but Allah’s Messenger (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) (when he came there) in the morning and they (the women) entrusted me to him. On that day, I was a nine years [sic] old girl."

1877. Abdullah (Allah be pleased with him) is reported to have said, "The Holy Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) married ‘A’isha while she was a seven years [sic] old girl and took him [sic] to his house as a bride when she was nine years old and he parted with her (after his demise) when she was eighteen years old."

According to Al-Zawa‘id its isnad is sahih in accordance with the condition prescribed by Bukhari, but munqata because Abu ‘Ubaida did not hear from his father. Shu‘ba Abu Hatim and Ibn Hibban mentioned him amongst the authentic and reliable authorities. Tirmidhi in al-Jami’ and al-Mazzi in al-Atraf (has expressed the same opinion). Nasa‘i has transmitted this hadith in al-Sughra from the hadith ‘A’isha (Allah be pleased with her). (Sunan Ibn-I-Majah, Imam Abdullah Muhammad B. Yazid Ibn-I-Maja Al-Qazwini, English version by Muhammad Tufail Ansari [Kazi Publications, 121-Zulqarnain Chambers, Gampat Road, Lahore Pakistan, first edition, 1995], volume III, pp. 133-134)

IBN HISHAM

He married ‘A’isha in Mecca when she was a child of seven and lived with her in Medina when she was nine or ten. She was the only virgin that he married. Her father, Abu Bakr, married her to him and the apostle gave her four hundred dirhams. (Ibn Ishaq, Sirat Rasulullah (The Life of Muhammad), translated by Alfred Guillaume [Oxford University Press, Karachi, tenth impression 1995], p. 792)

2. That he married his son's wife

Here is the quranic verse confirming the incident

When thou saidst to him whom God had blessed and thou hadst favoured, 'Keep thy wife to thyself, and fear God,' and thou wast CONCEALING WITHIN THYSELF what God should reveal, FEARING OTHER MEN; and God has better right for thee to fear Him. So when Zaid had accomplished what he would of her, THEN WE GAVE HER IN MARRIAGE TO THEE, so that there should not be any fault in the believers, touching the wives of their adopted sons, when they have accomplished what they would of them; and God's commandment must be performed. S. 33:37

Here you can see how Muhammad stylishly reject his son
so as to marry his wife.

I rest my case here, you can verify the other points yourself.

You can cross-check if you are allowed access to such books.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jun 02, 2017
khalifahsparkles:

he will get better advice in the Islamic section instead of senseless religious bashing. see the topic has already been derailed by your likes. the op asked what you will do if you find yourself in his shoes but you are talking another thing entirely.

you are talking about religious ills. sorry to break your heart. my religion is complete and free from imperfection. if we are talking about a religion with ills; aunty it's your religion. the truth tastes like bile but I will say it.

tenkiu
Did you see where he said the wife converted to Christianity? This is a case of two religion now in a family and your type thinks handling it in Islamic section where your type can pass a fatwa on The Christian wife without anyone defending her is good.

A religion that don't allow for questions about it in this 21st century desrves no place among living thing.

Tnks

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by herkeym001(m): 3:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
Odingo1:

chai,nawa oo for mohamed,na only him do all this,religion self
You can believe any thing sha.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Jun 02, 2017
madjnr:
0- What about Mary, Jesus' Mother peace be upon both of them? How old was she when she got pregnant?
11- Joseph, Mary's husband, was "90 years old" when he married 12 to 14-year old Mary! Was he too a pedophile
Lies from the pit of HELL

Which passage did you read that?
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Mujtahida: 3:13pm On Jun 02, 2017
newgen2016:
This is terrible. OP asked a question and some just decided to derail and turn it to a religious battle. we should learn to tolerate and respect each other faith

the truth of the matter is one day we will leave this earth and everyone will be judge accordingly. let stop trying to proof reglious supremacy, seek for unbaise reglious knowledge.

lastly Islam does not force religion on someone no kill anyone for converting to islam let's be clear on that

“ There is no compulsion in religion…” (Qur’an,2:256)“Had your Lord wanted, all the people on earth would have believed.So will you force people to believe?” (Qur’an,10:99)“So warn them: your only task is to warn, you’re not supposed to force them.” (Qur’an,88:21-22)“He does not forbid you to deal kindly and justly with anyone who has not fought you for your faith and driven you out of your homes, God loves the just.” (Qur’an,60:cool

the prophet as said

"Whoever kills an innocent non-Muslim will not even smell the fragrance of Paradise.”

It's really shocking. Why can't people just see that this world is not black and white but many shades. Wear your color and allow another man to wear his color so that instead of having a drab world in monochrome we can have a beautiful world full of color and variety. Why can't they take a cue from nature? She grabs herself in multicolored robes.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 3:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
ivolt:

It is funny that I had to lecture you about your prophet, he actually
had 4 sons in total(Qasim. Abd-Allah, Ibrahim and Zayd(the only adopted one)).

I initially thought you were pretending so I will help you out.

1. Aisha was married by Muhamad at age 6
here are the undeniable proofs

2. That he married his son's wife

Here is the quranic verse confirming the incident

Here you can see how Muhammad stylishly reject his son
so as to marry his wife.

I rest my case here, you can verify the other points yourself.

You can cross-check if you are allowed access to such books.

please go and and study the Qur'an and study who you can marry and who you can't marry. thank God you finally admitted Zayd didn't come out of his loins.

about the issue of Aisha's age some say it's 9. others say it's 6. fact still remains that girls got married at a very young age in the time of old.

what I understand about that verse is that it is allowed to marry the wife of your adopted son "after they are divorced" so that's why Allah ordered our Prophet PBUH to marry her. he was afraid to do that because of what people like you will say. quote me when you have gained understanding.

good afternoon to you
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Mujtahida: 3:18pm On Jun 02, 2017
Hussainvictor12:
These Muslims know the truth. Your Mohammed is a killer
In the name of Jesus Christ whom you serve respect another man's religion. I know if Christ were here that is what he would do. So do as Jesus would.

And before you go calling Muhammed a killer do remember that Abraham, Moses, Joshua, Eliezar the son of Aaron, Samuel, David, Elijah were killers.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 3:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
I am a christian if my hubby change religion or our faith na separation be dat, my religion doesn't tolerate killings and false teachings of the bible.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jun 02, 2017
Mujtahida:

It's really shocking. Why can't people just see that this world is not black and white but many shades. Wear your color and allow another man to wear his color so that instead of having a drab world in monochrome we can have a beautiful world full of color and variety. Why can't they take a cue from nature? She grabs herself in multicolored robes.

wow
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by ahonye15: 3:22pm On Jun 02, 2017
That's the end of the road for her. End of the show no story shine your eyes.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Amberon11: 3:27pm On Jun 02, 2017
You are clearly deluded, the person you quoted said nothing about Christianity. [s]
Mujtahida:

What's the import of your question?
See this one, so you did not read where he juxtaposed Jesus and Muhammed and what is the reason for the juxtaposition if not to convince the Op that Christ is better than Muhammad. Is it not Christianity that I was born into and practiced well, do I not know all the subtle and not so subtle ways Christians push their religion (if you like say it is not a religion but a relationship, na you sabi) on others?

Leave them and their Prophet-good or bad-leave them. He is their Prophet not yours. At least Islam is almost 1500 years old. Go and worship your sweet Jehovah who gave Isreal a divine mandate and programme to kill and despoil the surrounding nations.

And over all, continue in your delusion. All religions (Islam, Buddhism, Christianity, Shinto, Hinduism etc) are nothing but a fraud!

If you thought I was a Muslim by virtue of my moniker you are mistaken! I can school you in Christianity

[/s]
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by madjnr: 3:29pm On Jun 02, 2017
Amberon11:
It wasn't stated. There was nothing correlating to her age.
you lie
It is very clear that Mary was betrothed to Joseph and marriage was imminent. The usual age for marriage under Jewish law is 13 for boys, 12 for girls. Considering the circumstances described in the Gospel and giving enough weight to Jewish practices 2000 years back Mary was 13 when angel Gabriel appeared before her.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by madjnr: 3:33pm On Jun 02, 2017
It is very clear that Mary was betrothed to Joseph and marriage was imminent. The usual age for marriage under Jewish law is 13 for boys, 12 for girls. Considering the circumstances described in the Gospel and giving enough weight to Jewish practices 2000 years back Mary was 13 when angel Gabriel appeared before her. So many apocryphal books also stated this
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 3:34pm On Jun 02, 2017
tallfish145:
Please I need your advise on what to do as my wife suddenly renounced our religion after visiting a pastor and I married her as a Muslim. though I intends calling the union off anytime soon.

She is Ur wife. not your slave.

U don't get to make decisions for her.

Pls respect Her decision.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by madjnr: 3:37pm On Jun 02, 2017
Amberon11:
Pathetic attempt at justifying your prophet's evil deeds. Hey, Judaism is not Christianity. Learn and know the difference.
Jesus orders Christians to follow the Law of Moses in the Old Testament: "Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18) " It is quite clear from these verses from the New Testament that Jesus peace be upon him did honor the Old Testament and did say that every single "letter" of it has to be honored, followed and fulfilled.
The verses of Matthew 23:1-3 were sent to me by a Muslim brother ( LISLAM@aol.com ); may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him: "Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.'
(Matthew 23:1-3) " We clearly see in these verses that Jesus peace be upon him did not prohibit for the Old Testament to be followed, but only warned his followers to not follow it the way the current religious leaders of the Law (the Jewish Rabies) were following it.
2- The laws, rules and directions on how to live your life:
Now, as for life's laws and issues, the Old Testament for instance prohibits a son from marrying his own mother, sister, or father's former wife. The Old Testament also orders those who commit adultery to be burnt in fire, and those who decide to desert their religion and follow another religion must get stoned to death (Deuteronomy 13:6-9, and Deuteronomy 17:3-5) . Also the Old Testament orders Gays and Lesbians to be burnt in fire.
These laws were put by Jesus himself (assuming that Jesus is GOD himself as Christians believe). However, these laws do not exist in the New Testament. Does this mean that since these laws do not exist in the New Testament, then that would allow the son to marry his own mother? or the brother to marry his own sister? or a Gay person to become a minister or priest in a church? and if that would be ok, then wouldn't that all be a contradiction to what Jesus wants since he is the one who inspired the Old Testament?
The New Testament did have laws that modified the Old Testament's ones. I do not have a problem with those laws, and yes I do agree that Christians must not follow the laws of the Old Testament that were modified by the New Testament. What I am finding very confusing from the Christians is that they base their life all on the New Testament, and the New Testament does not have many laws in it. It hardly covers any hot topic or issue that we deal with in our life. For instance, the Old Testament has its own laws for inheritance, but the New Testament doesn't.
Now, if a father dies and leaves $1,000,000 to a family of 1 boy, 2 girls and a widow wife. According to the Old Testament, only the boy inherits all, and the two daughters and the widow wife must live under the son's laws and mercy according to (Numbers 27:1-11) in the Old Testament. This law was put by Jesus himself (since Jesus is GOD according to the Christians belief). My question is, since the New Testament does not even talk about the topic of inheritance, but the Old Testament does, then wouldn't it make more sense for Christians to follow the laws of the Old Testament, since both the New Testament and the Old Testament were inspired by Jesus himself?
It seems to me that the New Testament is not a religion, but rather a story of Jesus' life. Yes, I as a Muslim do love and respect Jesus (peace be upon him) a lot, because we Muslims believe that he is a Messenger from Allah Almighty. However, we do not believe that the current Bible is the true word of God. We believe that the Original Bible still exists today, but is lost. If you study the New Testament carefully, you would notice that Jesus' teachings only cover a column and a half of a news paper today. Jesus lived among his people for 33 years, and all we have from his personal sayings are a column and a half worth of words in a news paper!
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Amberon11: 3:38pm On Jun 02, 2017
Too long, couldn't read
[s]
madjnr:

Jesus orders Christians to follow the Law of Moses in the Old Testament: "Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18) " It is quite clear from these verses from the New Testament that Jesus peace be upon him did honor the Old Testament and did say that every single "letter" of it has to be honored, followed and fulfilled.
The verses of Matthew 23:1-3 were sent to me by a Muslim brother ( LISLAM@aol.com ); may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him: "Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.'
(Matthew 23:1-3) " We clearly see in these verses that Jesus peace be upon him did not prohibit for the Old Testament to be followed, but only warned his followers to not follow it the way the current religious leaders of the Law (the Jewish Rabies) were following it.
Now, as for life's laws and issues, the Old Testament for instance prohibits a son from marrying his own mother, sister, or father's former wife. The Old Testament also orders those who commit adultery to be burnt in fire, and those who decide to desert their religion and follow another religion must get stoned to death (Deuteronomy 13:6-9, and Deuteronomy 17:3-5) . Also the Old Testament orders Gays and Lesbians to be burnt in fire.
These laws were put by Jesus himself (assuming that Jesus is GOD himself as Christians believe). However, these laws do not exist in the New Testament. Does this mean that since these laws do not exist in the New Testament, then that would allow the son to marry his own mother? or the brother to marry his own sister? or a Gay person to become a minister or priest in a church? and if that would be ok, then wouldn't that all be a contradiction to what Jesus wants since he is the one who inspired the Old Testament?
The New Testament did have laws that modified the Old Testament's ones. I do not have a problem with those laws, and yes I do agree that Christians must not follow the laws of the Old Testament that were modified by the New Testament. What I am finding very confusing from the Christians is that they base their life all on the New Testament, and the New Testament does not have many laws in it. It hardly covers any hot topic or issue that we deal with in our life. For instance, the Old Testament has its own laws for inheritance, but the New Testament doesn't.
Now, if a father dies and leaves $1,000,000 to a family of 1 boy, 2 girls and a widow wife. According to the Old Testament, only the boy inherits all, and the two daughters and the widow wife must live under the son's laws and mercy according to (Numbers 27:1-11) in the Old Testament. This law was put by Jesus himself (since Jesus is GOD according to the Christians belief). My question is, since the New Testament does not even talk about the topic of inheritance, but the Old Testament does, then wouldn't it make more sense for Christians to follow the laws of the Old Testament, since both the New Testament and the Old Testament were inspired by Jesus himself?
It seems to me that the New Testament is not a religion, but rather a story of Jesus' life. Yes, I as a Muslim do love and respect Jesus (peace be upon him) a lot, because we Muslims believe that he is a Messenger from Allah Almighty. However, we do not believe that the current Bible is the true word of God. We believe that the Original Bible still exists today, but is lost. If you study the New Testament carefully, you would notice that Jesus' teachings only cover a column and a half of a news paper today. Jesus lived among his people for 33 years, and all we have from his personal sayings are a column and a half worth of words in a news paper!
[/s]
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by madjnr: 3:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
Didov1:
@madjnr......chronicles is in d old testament nt new..we dnt practice judaism,we r called christ-ians bcox we r christlike n bliv in his teachin...CHRIST-IAN.,same thing goes 2 muslim u were once called muhamedans b4 bin called muslims...so those verse shd b directed 2 dos who practise judaism...

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by ivolt: 3:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
khalifahsparkles:

please go and and study the Qur'an and study who you can marry and who you can't marry. thank God you finally admitted Zayd didn't come out of his loins.

about the issue of Aisha's age some say it's 9. others say it's 6. fact still remains that girls got married at a very young age in the time of old.

what I understand about that verse is that it is allowed to marry the wife of your adopted son "after they are divorced" so that's why Allah ordered our Prophet PBUH to marry her. he was afraid to do that because of what people like you will say. quote me when you have gained understanding.

good afternoon to you

So you have stopped denying that he did such horrible things ?
Actually, for muslims, there is no such thing as "time of old", muhammad
is seen as a perfect human to be emulated so anything he does is recommended
for all muslims.

That is why marrying underage girls and violent jihad is being practised
and defended by many muslims across the world. And you can't blame
them if muhammad did it, who dare question such act ?

Those who need "understanding" are the perpetrators of injustice not
their victims.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by madjnr: 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
Amberon11:
Christianity which is centered on Love as exemplified by Jesus Christ (who died for us) and commanded us to show the same love (as also exemplified by all his disciples) is more devilish than the terrorist religion of bombers, rapists and pedophiles? Hahahah
what a hypocrite... Where's the love in your statement above now?
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 3:40pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
Did you see where he said the wife converted to Christianity? This is a case of two religion now in a family and your type thinks handling it in Islamic section where your type can pass a fatwa on The Christian wife without anyone defending her is good.

A religion that don't allow for questions about it in this 21st century desrves no place among living thing.

Tnks

now that he has brought the issue​ here i can see how you guys have handled it just like you handle other topics relating to Islam. derailing the thread. wehdon ma.

you don't ask questions. all you do is bash. we only answer genuinely asked questions and not questions borne out of hatred and bigotry. I've seen your other comments relating to this topic.

people that only bash other religions without knowing anything about it have no business being living things.

aunty abeg I get better thing to do this afternoon. I don't need distractions. it will be nice if you don't mention me again. thanks and God bless
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by madjnr: 3:43pm On Jun 02, 2017
karlz:

ogbeni all the old testament laws(the purpose of the laws) were fulfilled by Jesus dying on the cross as a spotless lamb, and resurrecting from the dead as the saviour for all, with the New Convenant given by Jesus Christ: LOVE, for your neighbour, and for God. if you practice that all your life you wouldnt fight with your siblings for property, you wouldnt cheat your neighbour or lead him astray, you wouldnt tell lies, bear false witness, steal or kill and above all you wouldnt want your neighbour to die a sinner. thats all Jesus Christ taught for "33 years". anything outside this new convenant is from the devil.
.. Maybe Nigerian Jesus told you he came to the world to commit suicide baa? So that you can all do uncountless sin and go scot free ba? Keep fooling your self...
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
khalifahsparkles:

now that he has brought the issue​ here i can see how you guys have handled it just like you handle other topics relating to Islam. derailing the thread. wehdon ma.

you don't ask questions. all you do is bash. we only answer genuinely asked questions and not questions borne out of hatred and bigotry. I've seen your other comments relating to this topic.

people that only bash other religions without knowing anything about it have no business being living things.

aunty abeg I get better thing to do this afternoon. I don't need distractions. it will be nice if you don't mention me again. thanks and God bless
Didn't you see tonnes of advice from Christians to him or you wear mask when reading those ones.

Islam needs to be open and be discussed on if it will survive this 21st century.

Don't bother to reply.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jun 02, 2017
ivolt:

So you have stopped denying that he did such horrible things ?
Actually, for muslims, there is no such thing as "time of old", muhammad
is seen as a perfect human to be emulated so anything he does is recommended
for all muslims.

That is why marrying underage girls and violent jihad is being practised
and defended by many muslims across the world. And you can't blame
them if muhammad did it, who dare question such act ?

Those who need "understanding" are the perpetrators of injustice not
their victims.

who denied what? abeg go wash your eye. I said it before. you lack understanding. and you are still spewing more thrash. please shift go front. thank you

before you shift I have gist for you. grin an Igbo man just accepted Islam in Ebonyi state this afternoon after jummah prayers. right in the mosque I prayed. grin

now you can now shift. good afternoon
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by ephi321(f): 3:46pm On Jun 02, 2017
khalifahsparkles:

shocked

Very dangerous statement.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jun 02, 2017
Kathmandu:
Didn't you see tonnes of advice from Christians to him or you wear mask when reading those ones.

Islam needs to be open and be discussed on if it will survive this 21st century.

Don't bother to reply.

you were supposed to not bother. don't forget grin

and yes. I saw yours. I saw your advice gringrin

you needn't tell us how Islam should survive because it's more than one thousand four hundred years old already. grin
good afternoon
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
ephi321:

shocked
Very dangerous statement.
and you didn't see hers. lol
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2017
khalifahsparkles:

Don't bother to reply
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by ephi321(f): 3:52pm On Jun 02, 2017
khalifahsparkles:

and you didn't see hers. lol

But she never made a statement similar to saying people should not be alive for having different religious views. That's taking it too far in my opinion. Please let's take things easy.

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Mujtahida: 3:54pm On Jun 02, 2017
Amberon11:
You are clearly deluded, the person you quoted said nothing about Christianity.
Why are you so immature? Why are you so inflamed like a crusader?

The person I quoted initially mentioned Jesus or you didn't read where he mentioned Jesus and is Jesus no longer Christ?

In your first mention of me you were the one that mentioned 'Christ or Christianity' and I took it up from there.

Now you come round to say that the person I quoted said nothing about Christianity. Is Jesus Christ no longer the founder of Christianity? (mind you, you were the one that mentioned Christianity, not me)

Did you smoke dung? So much for Christians being Christlike! If people like you are what Christianity is then it's really pathetic.

You just flying from one mention to another pouring contempt on the faith of other people and I don't blame you because you are seriously ignorant of the murderous, blood curdling history of Christianity.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

7 Type Of People You Will Notice When You Board A Church Bus To Service / Apostle Suleman, Stephanie Otobo And Casino Gamblers - Jideobi Johnmary / Can Tithe Be Given To Someone In Need?.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.