Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? (22353 Views)

How To Find Your Wife By Pastor Sam Adeyemi / Foluke Adeboye: When You Fall Out Of Cash, Your Wife Will Fall Out Of Love / Say Your Wish! What Will 2018 Bring For You And Your Family? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by chazon(m): 1:09pm On Jun 02, 2017
[quote author=tallfish145 post=57097992]Please I need your advise on what to do .....
first of all think about this: did she get her problems solved after the encounter?
results are a natural compelling force to desuade even a difficult person who has gotten answered in some areas of confusion.
you have to let her explain to u calmly and treat it without sentiments
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by mzdee01(f): 1:12pm On Jun 02, 2017
Tiny23:

For your mind now,you have made sense.
the guy matter weak me ,he said it can be verified in the Quran then went ahead to say Google is not you enemy
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jun 02, 2017
BiggyB242:

I'm not going to undergo such a stress trying to change someone, is her call but I will reduce her influence on my kids, every parent will want his/her kid to follow their (parents) chosen religious path, it will lead to conflict in the house if she stays, so divorce is the best option. If I had married her with a particular religion different from mine means I accepted her the way she is but I didn't. If she can be convinced to change her religion, a religion she grew up with (over 20 years) then she can be convinced to do something otherwise. I like strong will women not women been tossed around with words.
haha the only basis for divorce is adultery, and what if its your children that change?you are only responsible for your head, if you try to make someone see reasons with you and they still dont let them be...if you were born in a muslim home and you grew up and changed to christianity would be support your parents torturing you for your decision?treat others how you would want to be treated
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by sanandreas(m): 1:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
4larhhh:
Some of us are actually born into a chris-mus family which I happen to be one of them....growing up in such family I learnt both the Quran and the Bible... and guess what I did wolima hahaha but now grown I found solace in Christianity.
Back to the topic she has a reason for her choice, ask her it shouldn't be a problem...why think of divorcing? My parent have been like that since dy married still living under the same roof no second wife.... understanding goes a long way that you can ever imagine in marriage... am so proud of them which made me boldly tell ppl am a chris-mus... leave dem wondering how cum?
Surprise the world Op be an exceptional don't ruin beautiful thing because of religion poo.

The forum would love to hear your story. People could actually learn from it

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by lekt2lekt(m): 1:19pm On Jun 02, 2017
Religious tolerance is best for her. She might just be trying his pulse
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
BigBrother9ja:

Your headache
Human worshipper
Sun Worshipper

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by jakandeola(m): 1:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
I will beat her till she get sence
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Zaitoon: 1:20pm On Jun 02, 2017
Tiny23:

Thought you were a reasonable person,you just lost the high esteem I held you in. Well,it doesn't really matter,na faceless forum we dey.
I thought the same of him too till I saw one of his comment tagging all Muslims as aggressive human beings undecided

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Moblord(m): 1:25pm On Jun 02, 2017
tallfish145:
Please I need your advise on what to do as my wife suddenly renounced our religion after visiting a pastor and I married her as a Muslim. though I intends calling the union off anytime soon.
Please don't hate her because of religion, instead support her, face ur own religion.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by visita: 1:28pm On Jun 02, 2017
Best response ever
IhateAfonjas:

Religion is the biggest scam in the history of mankind

I'm not that stupid to let a brain washing religion created by the white men to ruin my marriage

She can choose/switch to any religion she wants, i don't care as far as she's not bugging/trying to convert me with her religion

She can switch to snake religion or start worshipping lizards, i don't give a flying and running fucck

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Hussainvictor12: 1:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
Xo u believe Google, Buh u don't believe Wat it says about ur Mohammed
kudzic:

This is pure blasphemy against our noble prophet,You are a bloody liar ,98% of ur claims are false,Islam is the only religion that conforms with most scientific fact,(Google search scientific facts in holy books).And what u can never understand is the wisdom behind Allah's judgement. meanwhile the holy book with the highest number of contradictions is the bible.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Amberon11: 1:38pm On Jun 02, 2017
Stop telling me what you feel about that verse. Quote the verse as it is.
kindredspirit:

It appears he pulled up that scripture in error, like a faux pas.

From the bolded, Abbas HIMSELF said he would kill them, in obeisance to the Prophet's directive. Denying on behalf of Abbas was uncharitable especially as Abbas was obeying Rasulullah's directive on how to punish or not to punish.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Amberon11: 1:39pm On Jun 02, 2017
It wasn't stated. There was nothing correlating to her age.
madjnr:
tell me her age when all those things happened??
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by newgen2016: 1:41pm On Jun 02, 2017
This is terrible. OP asked a question and some just decided to derail and turn it to a religious battle. we should learn to tolerate and respect each other faith

the truth of the matter is one day we will leave this earth and everyone will be judge accordingly. let stop trying to proof reglious supremacy, seek for unbaise reglious knowledge.

lastly Islam does not force religion on someone no kill anyone for converting to islam let's be clear on that

“ There is no compulsion in religion…” (Qur’an,2:256)“Had your Lord wanted, all the people on earth would have believed.So will you force people to believe?” (Qur’an,10:99)“So warn them: your only task is to warn, you’re not supposed to force them.” (Qur’an,88:21-22)“He does not forbid you to deal kindly and justly with anyone who has not fought you for your faith and driven you out of your homes, God loves the just.” (Qur’an,60:cool

the prophet as said

"Whoever kills an innocent non-Muslim will not even smell the fragrance of Paradise.”

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Hussainvictor12: 1:47pm On Jun 02, 2017
These Muslims know the truth. Your Mohammed is a killer
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jun 02, 2017
madjnr:
Jesus orders Christians to follow the Law of Moses in the Old Testament: "Do not think that I [Jesus] have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them. I tell you the truth, until heaven and earth disappear, not the smallest letter, not the least stroke or a pen, will by any means disappear from the Law until everything is accomplished. (Matthew 5:17-18) " It is quite clear from these verses from the New Testament that Jesus peace be upon him did honor the Old Testament and did say that every single "letter" of it has to be honored, followed and fulfilled.
The verses of Matthew 23:1-3 were sent to me by a Muslim brother ( LISLAM@aol.com ); may Allah Almighty always be pleased with him: "Then Jesus said to the crowds and to his disciples: 'The teachers of the law and the Pharisees sit in Moses' seat. So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.'
(Matthew 23:1-3) " We clearly see in these verses that Jesus peace be upon him did not prohibit for the Old Testament to be followed, but only warned his followers to not follow it the way the current religious leaders of the Law (the Jewish Rabies) were following it.
2- The laws, rules and directions on how to live your life:
Now, as for life's laws and issues, the Old Testament for instance prohibits a son from marrying his own mother, sister, or father's former wife. The Old Testament also orders those who commit adultery to be burnt in fire, and those who decide to desert their religion and follow another religion must get stoned to death (Deuteronomy 13:6-9, and Deuteronomy 17:3-5) . Also the Old Testament orders Gays and Lesbians to be burnt in fire.
These laws were put by Jesus himself (assuming that Jesus is GOD himself as Christians believe). However, these laws do not exist in the New Testament. Does this mean that since these laws do not exist in the New Testament, then that would allow the son to marry his own mother? or the brother to marry his own sister? or a Gay person to become a minister or priest in a church? and if that would be ok, then wouldn't that all be a contradiction to what Jesus wants since he is the one who inspired the Old Testament?
The New Testament did have laws that modified the Old Testament's ones. I do not have a problem with those laws, and yes I do agree that Christians must not follow the laws of the Old Testament that were modified by the New Testament. What I am finding very confusing from the Christians is that they base their life all on the New Testament, and the New Testament does not have many laws in it. It hardly covers any hot topic or issue that we deal with in our life. For instance, the Old Testament has its own laws for inheritance, but the New Testament doesn't.
Now, if a father dies and leaves $1,000,000 to a family of 1 boy, 2 girls and a widow wife. According to the Old Testament, only the boy inherits all, and the two daughters and the widow wife must live under the son's laws and mercy according to (Numbers 27:1-11) in the Old Testament. This law was put by Jesus himself (since Jesus is GOD according to the Christians belief). My question is, since the New Testament does not even talk about the topic of inheritance, but the Old Testament does, then wouldn't it make more sense for Christians to follow the laws of the Old Testament, since both the New Testament and the Old Testament were inspired by Jesus himself?
It seems to me that the New Testament is not a religion, but rather a story of Jesus' life. Yes, I as a Muslim do love and respect Jesus (peace be upon him) a lot, because we Muslims believe that he is a Messenger from Allah Almighty. However, we do not believe that the current Bible is the true word of God. We believe that the Original Bible still exists today, but is lost. If you study the New Testament carefully, you would notice that Jesus' teachings only cover a column and a half of a news paper today. Jesus lived among his people for 33 years, and all we have from his personal sayings are a column and a half worth of words in a news paper?
ogbeni all the old testament laws(the purpose of the laws) were fulfilled by Jesus dying on the cross as a spotless lamb, and resurrecting from the dead as the saviour for all, with the New Convenant given by Jesus Christ: LOVE, for your neighbour, and for God. if you practice that all your life you wouldnt fight with your siblings for property, you wouldnt cheat your neighbour or lead him astray, you wouldnt tell lies, bear false witness, steal or kill and above all you wouldnt want your neighbour to die a sinner. thats all Jesus Christ taught for "33 years". anything outside this new convenant is from the devil.

2 Likes

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Amberon11: 1:47pm On Jun 02, 2017
Christianity which is centered on Love as exemplified by Jesus Christ (who died for us) and commanded us to show the same love (as also exemplified by all his disciples) is more devilish than the terrorist religion of bombers, rapists and pedophiles? Hahahah
madjnr:
you call that open thinking? That's a mallacious attempt by the op to distort fact and make Islam look evil... But the Christianity he claims to be is more devilish...
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 1:57pm On Jun 02, 2017
tallfish145:
Please I need your advise on what to do as my wife suddenly renounced our religion after visiting a pastor and I married her as a Muslim. though I intends calling the union off anytime soon.
my brother! As a man and Alfa of Allah,, pls tell me, is there any alternative to calling d Union off? Any alternative? What does Quran tells u abt a man who leave Islam to other religion according to ( Sahih Bukhari 84:57). I wish u could follow ur Quran and not ur own reasoning. Look for gun and kill her nd render ur children motherless. I'm sure your children will be happy when they grow up..
U can still cope wt ur wife Alfa nd live happily ,, religion is just a word"grammer". Continue wt ur religion nd let your wife continue to emulates Christ like.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Awoleesu(m): 1:59pm On Jun 02, 2017
harbjar:

on the day of judgement, you will stand in front of God and one by one you will prove all these lies you have made against islam and prophet muhammad...
I like your disposition-no threats, no insults. This is how matters of philosophy should be handled!
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by lereinter(m): 2:06pm On Jun 02, 2017
jmoore:
She wants to make heaven by being a Christian. I advise you to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour too.

smiley

Jesus is lord

most dont choose their religion they were born into it...
what will u do if your wife suddenly changes to islam
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by jmoore(m): 2:07pm On Jun 02, 2017
BigBrother9ja:

Very low-brain response
So Buddhist, hindus, jews and Muslims will all go to hell?
How very foolish!
If you're asked for references now, you'll say "my" Bible says abi?
Others don't have religious books?

I don talk my own. If you like follow, if you no like, don't follow. At the end we go know who foolish.

undecided
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Didov1(f): 2:08pm On Jun 02, 2017
@madjnr......chronicles is in d old testament nt new..we dnt practice judaism,we r called christ-ians bcox we r christlike n bliv in his teachin...CHRIST-IAN.,same thing goes 2 muslim u were once called muhamedans b4 bin called muslims...so those verse shd b directed 2 dos who practise judaism...
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by jmoore(m): 2:10pm On Jun 02, 2017
lereinter:

Jesus is lord

most dont choose their religion they were born into it...
what will u do if your wife suddenly changes to islam

I will divorce her!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Jun 02, 2017
ivolt:

I will not waste my time beating a dead horse, a little google search
will help you but if it is too much trouble just ask your imam/alfa
at which age was Aisha married and whether Muhamad married his
son's wife(Zainab).

I will not waste my time consulting Google because Google is neither the Qur'an nor tor the Hadith. It's neither a Muslim nor an Imam.

I won't also waste my time asking an Alfa because I know our Prophet (PBUH) married Aisha when she was 9. and I also know that girls got married very early in the days of old.

and I also know that he didn't marry his son's wife. his only son Kassim; died at childhood and he was never married.

don't thank me for enlightening you. thank God

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Amberon11: 2:23pm On Jun 02, 2017
at what point did you person you quoted mention christ or christianity? Damage control. Keep running from the truth.
Mujtahida:

I don't know the truth of the other statements made about the Prophet Muhammed but the last statement is a blatant lie. On the whole, what a horrible attempt to bring someone to Christ.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Didov1(f): 2:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
karlz:

ogbeni all the old testament laws(the purpose of the laws) were fulfilled by Jesus dying on the cross as a spotless lamb, and resurrecting from the dead as the saviour for all, with the New Convenant given by Jesus Christ: LOVE, for your neighbour, and for God. if you practice that all your life you wouldnt fight with your siblings for property, you wouldnt cheat your neighbour or lead him astray, you wouldnt tell lies, bear false witness, steal or kill and above all you wouldnt want your neighbour to die a sinner. thats all Jesus Christ taught for "33 years". anything outside this new convenant is from the devil.
..exactly....
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Amberon11: 2:26pm On Jun 02, 2017
Pathetic attempt at justifying your prophet's evil deeds. Hey, Judaism is not Christianity. Learn and know the difference.
madjnr:
Now therefore, kill every male among the little ones, and kill every woman that has known a man by sleeping with him. (Num 31:17) .
[This] refers to her who has slept with a man as well as her who is suitable for intercourse, even when she has not slept with a man...
But all the young girls who have not known a man by sleeping with him, keep alive for yourselves.
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Amberon11: 2:30pm On Jun 02, 2017
A human that your Quran says will defeat the Antichrist and Satan? Have you seen a human fight with a spirit? Better than the pedophile, rapist, murderer, serial killer , caravan raider, prophecyless, miracleless camel piss drinker .
BigBrother9ja:

Your headache
Human worshipper
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Jun 02, 2017
jmoore:
She wants to make heaven by being a Christian. I advise you to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour too.

smiley
So being a christain AUTOMATICALLY means making heaven. I wonder how our fore-fathers who weren't christains were judged.

Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by ItsTutsi(m): 2:38pm On Jun 02, 2017
Ur perfectly on track as even Islam says "let there be no compulsion in religion,henceforth the truth is clear from error"..ur conversion to Islam doesnt add anything
Kathmandu:
I will attend any religion my hubby joins as long as ot isn't Islam
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jun 02, 2017
fpeter:

Misplaced priority, you people never fail to disappoint. I see the peace you're representing as your religion says. But as for me i am a Christian and i have a verse for you:
The curse causeless doesn't stand. ~Proverbs 26:2.

I have just one word for you.

sweeerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrvvee!!!
Re: What Can You Do If Your Wife Switches Religion Against Your Wish? by Shittuakeem(m): 2:44pm On Jun 02, 2017
Odingo1:

If he is a Yoruba muslim he can seek the advice from yoruba sheik,but if he is a northern muslim,he should not seek for advice because they will tell him to kill the woman as written in koran.The woman have committed Apostasy and according to the Koran or haddit,such person should be killed.

You don't lie because of likes or in your thinking of winning a soul to speaks false about Islam, Islam forbid the killing of innocent people, I know people like your kind think day and night how to destroy Islam but more than a thousand years that you have been trying Islam remains the only fastest growing religion in the world.

According to she ria law, the woman may still remain your wife that is if you wish but she can never inherit the husband even if its a son or daughter of the that change faith. you see there is nothing like killing, the most dangerous thing is to lie against messenger of God "Allah" subwannah the wrath will hunt you unless you seek forgiveness before its too late

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (14) (Reply)

7 Type Of People You Will Notice When You Board A Church Bus To Service / Apostle Suleman, Stephanie Otobo And Casino Gamblers - Jideobi Johnmary / 5 Things You Should Be Conscious Of In 2023

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.