Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,018 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? (10208 Views)

NNPC Staff: Resume Before 8am Or Stay At Home / HND Holders Have More Opportunities Than A B.sc 2.2. See Why.. / Nigerian Lng Is Recruiting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by tkb417(m): 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2010
do you guys have to work in LNG and Chevron to make it in life?

i think how successful you are will be as a result of your dogged determination to make it despite the fact that you got a 2;2

they dont employ a 2;2 where i work but ive interacted with some 2:2 guys on the field and i marvel at the level of professionalism and experience they have garnered after school.

your success will come from what you do to your life after your B;sc
your first class can only open doors but i doubt if it guarantees the cheese

i almost got a 1 meself and i dont think having a first class woulda added anythn extra to where i am

tho almost cannot kill a bird
grin grin
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by AjanleKoko: 3:07pm On Jan 19, 2010
lekside44:

talking of nobel laurets and acheivers, what did our wole shoyinka comes out with? even gani himself, just to mention a few. how many 1st class has acheieved so much or contributed to edu in nigeria than these men?

Soyinka did not graduate with a 3rd class degree, not from Leeds, which was where he studied after his B.A. Intermediate at UI.
As debosky mentioned, Gani distinguished himself in his own law practice, and mostly from prosecuting cases for the downtrodden, not from an entry-level NNPC or LNG job.
I am actually concerned about this attitude of yours, lakeside. Why must we Nigerians aspire for the mediocre?
Let's face facts, even where they allow 2.2s to sit for aptitude tests, how many of them scale through? After all, Shell allows 2.2s to sit for their tests. So does FBN. How many 2.2s do they employ on average?
That I made a 2.2 does not mean that i should encourage the guys coming after that 'it's okay to not do well in school'. It is not okay to not do well. If you are somehow unable to make 1st class or 2.1, pick yourself up and try to make something out of your life. But for God's sake, let us stop celebrating medicrity abeg.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by tkb417(m): 3:36pm On Jan 19, 2010
so much ado over nothing

but on a serious note, some guys made a first class in schools like madonna uni grin grin

those kinda people wouldnt make a first class in the school i finished from so i think the employers shd start 'sorting' these grades cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by lekside44(m): 12:56pm On Jan 20, 2010
tkb417:

so much ado over nothing

but on a serious note, some guys made a first class in schools like madonna uni grin grin

those kinda people wouldnt make a first class in the school i finished from so i think the employers shd start 'sorting' these grades cheesy cheesy cheesy

i am not celebrating mediocre. like tkb rightly said, during the first graduating sets of students from covenant university, more than 35 of the students graduated with a first class degree. i now asked myself that is 1st class that cheap? we know what student from schools like ife (oau) passed through to even bag a 2.1 degree. in my school, questions which are meant for phd students are sometimes set as question for undergraduates (although all in the name of see me after lecture if you want to pass) those of us who where clean knew what you pass through to set your exams. some lecturer boast during examinations that he will not check us in and is ready to entertain you bringing a machinery to sit for you. he boast that nobody will tell your machinery to pack is bag and baggage and leave the exam hall when he will see the difficulty of the question. some even boast that your exam paper will be given to you to take home and submit after three month, that you are not guaranteed of passing.
if one really want a genius, why not start from say waec level.how many distinctions do you have in your o/level. a first class student is not made in a day. it is a gradual trend. let see how they have perform even from their pry levels. how many of them do comes 1st in sch?
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by AjanleKoko: 3:43pm On Jan 20, 2010
lekside44:

we know what student from schools like ife (oau) passed through to even bag a 2.1 degree. in my school, questions which are meant for phd students are sometimes set as question for undergraduates

Phd questions?
Naija no go kill me sha? Phd questions set for undergrad?
I have an Msc in electrical engineering. The syllabus ko tie jo Bsc, talk less of Phd.
Make una no vex, but some of these wild assertions dey confound me.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by Syenite(m): 3:45pm On Jan 21, 2010
Your first degree is like a steping stone towards achieving your set targets in life. Simply put if you graduate with a 2:2 or less you have started badly. embarassed embarassed
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by tkb417(m): 5:21pm On Jan 21, 2010
Syenite:

Your first degree is like a steping stone towards achieving your set targets in life. Simply put if you graduate with a 2:2 or less you have started badly. embarassed embarassed
case closed!!!

lemme add this, you work harder to erase the bad start
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by lekside44(m): 10:48am On Jan 22, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Phd questions?
Naija no go kill me sha? Phd questions set for undergrad?
I have an Msc in electrical engineering. The syllabus ko tie jo Bsc, talk less of Phd.
Make una no vex, but some of these wild assertions dey confound me.
i am not lying about this . there are categories of lecturer who were doing their phd programs then. they posed some of their own assignments to undergraduates as assignments and test so that they can pass the solutions to their own lecturer for their marks. some others who needed money and want high patronage goes on like this. we have another categories, the sadists. these people neither collects settlement nor are doing it to be forwarded. they are either people who enjoy seeing people fails, people who wants to show you that you are notting comparable to them, thus you cannot afford to step on their toes in anyway, or you are digging your grave out of the school. imagine a lecturer who took us a year 1s work on electricity and magnetism saying at the beginning of the semester course that you can never pass this course. this is a course that is just a little bit above secondary sch physic, but 95% of the class scored 1point. this man does not collect settlement, but is only shear wicked. if you call for your paper, you may be asking for trouble for youself.
Re: Why Should NNPC And LNG Discriminate Between 2-1 And 2-2? by mainmaq: 3:04pm On Jul 13, 2012
Good afternoon all. Please, is anyone conversant with NNPC grade levels?
I need this information to make an urgent decision.
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The 7 Biggest Banks In Nigeria - The Analysis / I Need Your Candid Advise On Career Choice. / Job Or Business- Where Should Be The Long Term Goal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.