Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,906 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:46 AM

A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. - Phones (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. (108400 Views)

A Nairalander Explains How To Block USSD Service To First Bank Customers / A Nairalander Explains UBA Chat Banking AI (Leo) On Whatsapp In Practical Steps. / Which Bank Mobile USSD Have You Used B4 That Works Fine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 6:49pm On Aug 05, 2018
Make sure you input the referral code TN020056
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by BruncleZuma: 6:59pm On Aug 05, 2018
dingbang:
Make sure you input the referral code TN020056
[img]https://media1./images/8e37a33c823145f9cbccc2c92ba820ae/tenor.gif[/img]
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 8:46pm On Aug 05, 2018
Download first mobile..

Referral code is Tn020056
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 10:56pm On Aug 05, 2018
cool
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by Bigval5: 8:44am On Aug 15, 2018
Bros i changed my bvn details yersterday 15-06-18 at uba bank, to rhyme with my Fb details (name and date of birth) how long would it take to confirm, so I'll be able to link my old FB account to the bvn
And help your ministry.

Second question,

Its been long i left the FB account like since 2015, i haven't deposited or withdrew money from the account, i hope there won't be problems if i go to link the bvn?? What are the possible implications of that, i wish to go back to the account now. I know say cobwebs go don full there lol.

Last question pertaining to the FirstMobile, Is it a must that i will input Atm card details before i login to the app? As i don't have any atm card as of the time of my post.

I hope to here from you soon! Also Goodluck in achieving your goals!
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 8:57am On Aug 15, 2018
Bigval5:
Bros i changed my bvn details yersterday 15-06-18 at uba bank, to rhyme with my Fb details (name and date of birth) how long would it take to confirm, so I'll be able to link my old FB account to the bvn
And help your ministry.

Second question,

Its been long i left the FB account like since 2015, i haven't deposited or withdrew money from the account, i hope there won't be problems if i go to link the bvn?? What are the possible implications of that, i wish to go back to the account now. I know say cobwebs go don full there lol.

Last question pertaining to the FirstMobile, Is it a must that i will input Atm card details before i login to the app? As i don't have any atm card as of the time of my post.

I hope to here from you soon! Also Goodluck in achieving your goals!
Good morning Sir, my warm greetings to you. Trust your day is going absolutely fine.

Well for bvn, I guess it would take 3-5 days for the changes to take effect.

And for your first bank account that hasn't been used since 2015, I believe it must dormant now so you would have to go and activate it and link the bvn, this should be done after the details you changed must have reflected on your bvn page.

Thanks alot
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by Bigval5: 9:12am On Aug 15, 2018
dingbang:
Good morning Sir, my warm greetings to you. Trust your day is going absolutely fine.

Well for bvn, I guess it would take 3-5 days for the changes to take effect.

And for your first bank account that hasn't been used since 2015, I believe it must dormant now so you would have to go and activate it and link the bvn, this should be done after the details you changed must have reflected on your bvn page.

Thanks alot

How do i activate it?

Paying into the account?

My other questions
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 9:23am On Aug 15, 2018
Bigval5:

How do i activate it?

Paying into the account?

My other questions
yes also that inclusive after the customer service officer must have upgraded your account
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by frankosivue(m): 4:11pm On Aug 15, 2018
QUESTION
What package does First Bank offer in its savings account?
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 2:37pm On Aug 16, 2018
frankosivue:
QUESTION

What package does First Bank offer in its savings account?

access to a verve or master card for local and international transactions

No limit on either credit or debit transactions..

Access to owning a customized ATM card

Access to first mobile, ussd and internet banking transactions.

Access to soft loans on the mobile app

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by frankosivue(m): 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2018
dingbang:

wow! This is interesting. 1. Do they issue the ATM card instantly after opening a account? 2. What are the requirements to open (minimum opening balance and documents) 3. Is there a special product for a university student (to be) like me? THANKS.
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2018
frankosivue:
wow! This is interesting. 1. Do they issue the ATM card instantly after opening a account? 2. What are the requirements to open (minimum opening balance and documents) 3. Is there a special product for a university student (to be) like me? THANKS.
yes ATM card is issued instantly , this is done when the account is opened, you will have to apply for that and its issued instantly.

The requirements to open a savings account are

1. Valid identity card
2. One passport
3. Utility bill ; NEPA bill or house rent receipt

Minimum opening balanCE is 1000naira

Yes we have special accounts for university students who don't have valid I'd card, you can open such accounts with just your passport.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by frankosivue(m): 3:06pm On Aug 16, 2018
dingbang:
yes ATM card is issued instantly , this is done when the account is opened, you will have to apply for that and its issued instantly.

The requirements to open a savings account are

1. Valid identity card
2. One passport
3. Utility bill ; NEPA bill or house rent receipt

Minimum opening balanCE is 1000naira

Yes we have special accounts for university students who don't have valid I'd card, you can open such accounts with just your passport.
Thanks a lot Sir.
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 7:19am On Aug 18, 2018

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 7:39pm On Aug 18, 2018
First mobile Referral code is Tn020056
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 9:41am On Aug 19, 2018
Download and register the firstmobile app.. Referral code is Tn020056
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by DRskyman: 9:45am On Aug 20, 2018
dingbang:
Download and register the firstmobile app.. Referral code is Tn020056

Good morning bro.
I want to know if there's a way I can disable unlocking the firstmobile app with my fingerprint.
Thanks
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 10:09am On Aug 20, 2018
DRskyman:

Good morning bro.
I want to know if there's a way I can disable unlocking the firstmobile app with my fingerprint.
Thanks
have you tried uninstalling the app and re-installing?
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by DRskyman: 7:43pm On Aug 20, 2018
dingbang:
have you tried uninstalling the app and re-installing?

It worked. Thanks a lot
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 7:47pm On Aug 20, 2018
DRskyman:

It worked. Thanks a lot
cool great. I am happy it worked.

PleaseTell your friends who are first bank customers to register the mobile app using the referral code Tn020056.
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 8:42am On Aug 21, 2018
Good morning. Always use the referral code Tn020056 for registration. Thanks
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 7:31am On Aug 22, 2018
Good morning everyone..

Your questions are welcome
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by wellmax(m): 1:03pm On Aug 22, 2018
dingbang:
it does. On the home page, click on your account and click on the transaction, you will the narration, it contains the name of the sender.

It's not there, I have screen shots, spoken with FBN agents on Twitter. The recommendation he/she gave is that I go to the bank and ask.

You use the App, see that what I say is true. Show screen shots to prove otherwise.

It's a great app, they should just update and improve on that feature
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 1:04pm On Aug 22, 2018
wellmax:

It's not there, I have screen shots, spoken with FBN agents on Twitter. The recommendation he/she gave is that I go to the bank and ask.

You use the App, see that what I say is true. Show screen shots to prove otherwise.

It's a great app, they should just update and improve on that feature
let me see your screen shots please
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by sinisters(m): 3:58pm On Aug 22, 2018
dingbang:

Old bank Old people Old systems can cost businesses time and money

A big limit on debit transactions.....it happened to me on Monday when I wanted to transfer bulk money for a business transaction. First Bank suddenly remember my signature is not updated.
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 7:12pm On Aug 22, 2018
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by wellmax(m): 9:00pm On Aug 22, 2018
dingbang:
let me see your screen shots please

There you go, SMS, email and from Mobile App,

All narration showing my name instead of sender

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 5:05am On Aug 23, 2018
wellmax:

There you go, SMS, email and from Mobile App,

All narration showing my name instead of sender
now if you study that part on your SMS where it was written narrative, you will see Shola Ab/Part payment for. After the slash is the details of what the sender typed "part payment for...." In real sense, the sender must have typed the full text of what he/she wanted to pay for but the system abbreviated it. Now he or she could have chosen to include his name as the narrative such as my picture below.

Please study the narration . you can see that it contained the name of the receiver / my own name because I typed my name as Ben as the narrative.

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by Dailyfavour(m): 7:20am On Aug 23, 2018
If my ATM has been blocked for misplacement reason, (but using USSD for transaction now) can I still download and active without ATM?
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 7:35am On Aug 23, 2018
Dailyfavour:
If my ATM has been blocked for misplacement reason, (but using USSD for transaction now) can I still download and active without ATM?
no. The app works if you have an active ATM card.
Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by wellmax(m): 9:16am On Aug 23, 2018
dingbang:
now if you study that part on your SMS where it was written narrative, you will see Shola Ab/Part payment for. After the slash is the details of what the sender typed "part payment for...." In real sense, the sender must have typed the full text of what he/she wanted to pay for but the system abbreviated it. Now he or she could have chosen to include his name as the narrative such as my picture below.

Please study the narration . you can see that it contained the name of the receiver / my own name because I typed my name as Ben as the narrative.

Hmmm, okay since FBN thinks they are correct, who am I to effect a change. The narration should begin with the name of the sender, if it has abbreviated and cut off the name of the sender, then what is the use. It cuts it off in the SMS, email notification and app details, so how do I know. The Shola there is my own name. The receipt you posted is from the sender's end. I maintain that receivers do not see who ever sent funds to them (unless they start asking around or go to the bank.
I bank with 3 other banks and the case is completely different. I am sure you know what i am talking about.
btw the receipt feature is one great thing about FBN mobile App.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Explains First Bank Mobile Banking in Practical Steps. by dingbang(m): 9:49am On Aug 23, 2018
wellmax:

Hmmm, okay since FBN thinks they are correct, who am I to effect a change. The narration should begin with the name of the sender, if it has abbreviated and cut off the name of the sender, then what is the use. It cuts it off in the SMS, email notification and app details, so how do I know. The Shola there is my own name. The receipt you posted is from the sender's end. I maintain that receivers do not see who ever sent funds to them (unless they start asking around or go to the bank.
I bank with 3 other banks and the case is completely different. I am sure you know what i am talking about.
btw the receipt feature is one great thing about FBN mobile App.
Ok email alerts will give you full details of the sender too. Just apply for email alert when you visit our branch. I hope this solves it

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (29) (Reply)

The List Of Tecno Phones That Would Have BBM / How To Download Watsapp On My NOKIA C2 Dual Sim. / MTN Surprise Smartphone Plan (4.5GB For N2500)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.