Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him - Family (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him (104734 Views)

I Told My Husband That I Cheated On Him. Now He Wants A Divorce. / I Cheated On My Husband With A Guy From Work And I Don't Know What To Do. / Mourners At Man’s Burial In Enugu Confess To Killing Him With Juju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by naijagobetter(m): 11:19am On Jun 04, 2017
istoctober:

l lost my three months preggy cos of my depreesion in Jan, 2016. Ever since, l have not been myself. l keep seeing myself as not worth living.
Each time l look at him, l have this guilty conscience that l have disappointed God and my parents. I cry in my lonely hours and it has made me to stay calm even in my right at home, l felt that l deserve everything that is happening to me.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by dyoungkarlmarx(m): 11:20am On Jun 04, 2017
I can see you are remorseful.as long as you won't engage in such act again God has forgiven you.keep it as one of your secrets and be the happy type you used to be.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by dedunji: 11:26am On Jun 04, 2017
istoctober:

l lost my three months preggy cos of my depreesion in Jan, 2016. Ever since, l have not been myself. l keep seeing myself as not worth living.
Each time l look at him, l have this guilty conscience that l have disappointed God and my parents. I cry in my lonely hours and it has made me to stay calm even in my right at home, l felt that l deserve everything that is happening to me.
I see ,Am sorry my dear , This one is beyond cheating maybe the man u cheated with casts spell on u ,2 It may be that your village people wants u back in village to start farming , If this is how to feel guilty then no man will remain on earth ,my advice for u is to ,Tell the devil shame to you my life must go on I will not obey you again .
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by naijagobetter(m): 11:27am On Jun 04, 2017
confessing is th best but you nust be ready to bear the full consequence of your action, satan wil have to extract his pound of flesh. Sorry for being straight wth u, have unconditional faith and trust in God to see you true. Damn th devil and the fears he brandish before you and do the right thing, our precious Lord is gracous and merciful.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by obataokenwa(m): 11:38am On Jun 04, 2017
from all my observations on your replies and story... the relationship resulted to a baby and that's the one killing you cos I'm not surea sin of three years ago will hold you down this way. That child spirit is not in the right home and that's what's killing you. If the child is not his, you need divine intervention. and you have really told several people around you seeking for advice... you've compounded everything. Say the truth and we can handle it spiritually and maturely also... but for now you kept us in the dark. Sex of 2014 can't keep you so guilty like this Abeg. tell us, did it result to a baby?
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Sunshyne200(m): 11:42am On Jun 04, 2017
istoctober:

You must have heard so many things, but let me take you through a similar path(not directly similar) I had.
I had sex with a family @ age 10, and from that day I would never forgive myself.
I would fail in class, thinking God was punishing me, I had an accident and I thought it was time, every wrong and negative occurrence to me was linked to it, I couldn't even pray, because my words would just be clouded by apologies and crying too.
This happened for 13years, until I became 23, I failed my first Jamb too.

But on a certain day, I was crying and begging God, I heard him say to me, "I had forgiven you since the first day you asked, and it's the devil trying to take a better you, with frustrations, depression, guilt etc, He then said move on, because that's why Jesus came.."

Dear since that day, I stopped feeling guilty about it.

For you, the deed has being done, you have asked God for forgiveness, and he has, confessing to your husband now, makes him culpable of harming you, as he isn't God who can forgive and cleanse you.
He has memories, thoughts and emotions, which would hinder him from totally forgetting.

Also remember Zakkeus in the Bible, when Jesus met him, he offered to repay all those he cheated, but Jesus said he should come home first(to rec salvation), because that was more important.

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by mbaboy(m): 11:49am On Jun 04, 2017
As long as u have stopped cheating then u have nothing to worry about, ask God for forgiveness and move on with your marriage cuz men are difficult to get now. Please don't confess anything to him otherwise sorry is your name. Cheers
istoctober:

it will shock him. Am even worried about him hating me including other women entirely..
Definitely, he will send me packing for that.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by greggng: 11:56am On Jun 04, 2017
If you confess u die. If you don't confess u die but if I were u I will confess and die. Dino melaye can assist u further
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by bennyann: 11:57am On Jun 04, 2017
felixomor:

It is well with you in Jesus name.
Amen.
I thank God that there are still people like you who are Willing to take responsibility for their actions. Some other people will blame others.

Firstly you should know that your inner peace is more expensive than anything on this planet.
Sometimes, the troubling of this inner peace is a signal that you have to settle things.

You may be surprised, that when you eventually tell your husband, he may already be aware.
You may then blame yourself for killing your inner peace unnecessarily all this while.

Secondly, if you allow the guilt to persist, it may continue to hurt you. Especially on occasions when your husband shows you love.

So just open up.
Do it once and for all.
And give your husband a way to assure him, it will never happen again.
By reducing all avenues to cheating in the future.

But first confess to Godand
Pray that God puts forgiveness in his heart.
Have a plan to take care of yourself and kids in case he tells you to move out.
But dont use this as leverage to break free.
By God's grace I pray he will not tell you to move out.

Finally, develop a good relationship with God and study God's word.
This is the only way you will get real peace.
No man, not even my advice can give you this.

I pray God heals you, your marriage in Jesus name.
Amen

Ooooo, that's my guy. I feel like saying that's my baby. cheesy

I'm with you on this.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by veraiyke(m): 11:58am On Jun 04, 2017
istoctober:
l had to open this account to tell this story and l know that l will be bashed for this but l really need to get it off my chest.
it was in 2014, that l cheated on him and since then, l have not been myself. l have confessed to Pastors but l can't forget it and my mind keep telling me that God has forgotten about me cos whenever l pray, l find it difficult to concentrate and that's why l want to confess to him.
l know he will send me packing because he said something like that to me and the fear is what is keeping me from confessing to him. l don't want to be disgraced out of my home cos my husband will definitely do it.
l can't blame him for my shortcomings but myself for allowing devil into my home.
l really need your advice for help.... You can curse me but l deserve it for being a loose woman but l seriously need help cos depression wants to take over my life that l think of suicide to escape shame and mockery from people in case he finds out.
I know many people here will give you one thousand reasons not to confess to your husband. Your happiness and free heart and good heart is what matters. You've made a mistake and you have taken full responsibility of that. My dear, I know you are afraid cox of what your husband has often said but since you've confessed to pastors, it is only wise you spill it to your husband. Have faith and persevere with whatever will come. It will be hard and he will be very hurt but tell him anyway. And when he begins to shout and want to send you back in tell him honestly your heart and be patient and understanding. He will not send you away and if he does he will take you back after a while. It takes a full remorseful woman with clear conscience to confess such. Follow your heart, listen to it. Don't follow all these reasons people will give you here not to confess. I pray for you. Believe me God has favoured you for your courage and good heart. Call me 08096843402. You will rejoice in the end mrs.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Themandator: 12:18pm On Jun 04, 2017
istoctober:

l have asked a pastor and he said l shouldn't confess but am worried cos he told me on Sunday that his uncle who is a native doctor will know if l am cheating on him.

Has the uncle told him yet?
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by brojoshua: 12:18pm On Jun 04, 2017
First confess to God and never do it again. Then confessing to him will depend on the kind of man you know him to be. For e.g., if he is a true believer in Christ, God teaches such to forgive anyone who sins against them no matter the numbers of time in a day, but comes back to confess and repent, and so they do.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by istoctober: 12:21pm On Jun 04, 2017
Themandator:

Has the uncle told him yet?
No!
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by 2222jjjj: 12:26pm On Jun 04, 2017
If truly u are a born again christian , u must do what we call restitution to whomsoever u have wronged, So u can have a free conscience toward God n the person u wrong. But bear in mind u must pray fervently and allow the Spirit of God 2 direct u on how n when u wil make d confession, also seek consel frm true men of God. if nt u mess up.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Themandator: 12:30pm On Jun 04, 2017
istoctober:

No!

Then move on with your life .....Ask God through the holy spirit if you should confess to him or not .....Dont start by asking God for another forgiveness. .....He has already forgiven you just that the enemy is doing over time in your mind ....Just say something like .......father I come to you once again in the name of Jesus Christ your sin and my lord and saviour to to cast this burden of guilty in you. ....Your word says I should have no worry but this guilty has followed me all the day long that I feel the only remedy is to confess to my husband ........Should I do it or not .

You will definitely get an answer .....

Your husband is a kind of traditionlist , based on his belief on the uncle , and he might go the traditional way if you confess to him without seeking God's opinion

Na so I see am
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Snowpikin: 12:31pm On Jun 04, 2017
BETTER DONT CONFESS...... UNLESS U HAVE A SPARE ROOM IN UR FADAS HOUSE.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by wale0911: 12:37pm On Jun 04, 2017
You cheated on him 3 years back when you were 29
You had miscarriage
He tells you his herbalist would find out if you cheat on him
Plus many other things you have said......

Believe me, the news has gotten to your husband. If you are still in his home at this time, it's means he has already forgiven you. Live your life as been forgiven and sin no more.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by tonero230(m): 12:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
Ishilove:

My brother, they will come and preach but behind closed doors they are committing. God is surely a merciful God

They are committed and you gave him the room to commit on you.Pastor of all people. If you cannot fear God to sleep with a married pastor I think you can still do more than this.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by tonero230(m): 12:39pm On Jun 04, 2017
Ishilove:

My brother, they will come and preach but behind closed doors they are committing. God is surely a merciful God

They are committing and you gave him the room to commit on you.Pastor of all people. If you cannot fear God to sleep with a married pastor I think you can still do more than this.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by aadoiza: 12:50pm On Jun 04, 2017
taryour:
i really do not understand why majority of the comments on This thread are advising the op Not to confess to her husband, He is your husband damn it Not your boyfriend, you both ate bound together as one since you made vows.
if you decide Not to tell him and he later fines out, wouldn't that be worse, He would never ever believe you cheated just once, as a matter of fact he might never ever trust you again. You have committed a great offense now face the consequences of your action and do unto others What you want done onto you.

you have even disrespected him more by telling pastors before telling him, asking God for forgiveness and them confessing to your husband next would have done it all. no pastor has à say in Whatever happens in your home.

please confess to your husband and let your conscience be free. you don't have to do it to His face if you cant bear to look him in the eye, or fear of him getting violent. yea he Will send you parking but if he truly loves you and he is yours he Will forgive you and take you back. let him forgive you and accept you back as His woman whom he truly loves because he loves and wants you as His wife and Not because ppl begged him to forgive and accept you back..

but if at the end he doesn't accept you back, then that's the consequences of your actions, face it. at least your mind is free and you leave in peace. i Cant believe à passer told u not to confess. it is well. Do not let him find out himself, He is your husband Not your boyfriend and you cheated while you were married and Not before marriage. Best of luck
Blessings and blessings and blessings and blessings and blessings and blessings and blessings and blessings and blessings and blessings and blessings and blessings and blessings and blessings.... of God shall find you wherever you may be in this world.

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by abiambo(m): 12:52pm On Jun 04, 2017
I knw am late to the thread but lemme just say this ... u need to knw that if u confess ur sins to Jesus Christ and accept the fact that he has saved and forgiven you then you will gave NO CONDEMNATION.... you will experience peace from then onward ..,

You will probably say you are a Christain already but there are truths that are. It being shared in our churches .. the GOSPEL ( good news) is wat I've just told u... u can live above sin and judgement.. I can't really tell you all

Go to YouTube.com and search for Joseph prince listen to his teachings and u will understand more and I assure u the holy spirit will give u peace undeniable
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Descholar: 12:53pm On Jun 04, 2017
[color=#006600][/color] I am not to judge u cos I'm not God... on the same note d deed had already been done.
THE main point is that u 've realised dat u erred and have asked God for forgiveness...Cos such sin is d only criteria given in d Holy scripture (BIBLE) dat can prompt divorce between spouse...
so the question is have u truely repent or do u plan going back again to same sin...

I advise u should hold it to urself and don't relate it to ur husby cos even if he don't send u packing will cause him internal, psychological and emotional injuries dat a mere eye might not see and as well he will not like seeing u and each time u do something annoying to him, will make him remember dis... again he might pretend to be happy but will never be happy with u again. so to avoid these from happening... give ur life to Christ and repent of ur sin, then vow within ur self never to do such no matter wat May happen, and I believe u will get over it by God's grace.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Edum13656: 12:55pm On Jun 04, 2017
Nuezha:

Serious!

Please consider the following before you think of confessing, because he will ask you.

Who did you cheat on him with? Better not be his family member, friend, business partner, a lowlife (his driver, gateman etc), your old timer, because these will make it hard (not impossible) for him to pardon you.

Where did you cheat? Better not be in his home.

When did you cheat? Better not be moments when he was sick or had any problem.

Why did you cheat? No reason is cogent enough if you're legally married to him.

Confession is good, but seeking counsel before confession is the best move.

Added: Some praised and some condemned my choice of word "lowlife". I can understand. I wish you will all be there to hear the man speak after hearing the wife's confession, and she actually cheated with his husband's driver. '1stoctober' has apparently heard her husband woice through me and she's better prepared.

if ur write up is original... wooow. if u re a woman I will marry no matter how ugly u re but if u re a man we can be friends #NoHomo
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Edum13656: 12:57pm On Jun 04, 2017
Nuezha:

Serious!

Please consider the following before you think of confessing, because he will ask you.

Who did you cheat on him with? Better not be his family member, friend, business partner, a lowlife (his driver, gateman etc), your old timer, because these will make it hard (not impossible) for him to pardon you.

Where did you cheat? Better not be in his home.

When did you cheat? Better not be moments when he was sick or had any problem.

Why did you cheat? No reason is cogent enough if you're legally married to him.

Confession is good, but seeking counsel before confession is the best move.

Added: Some praised and some condemned my choice of word "lowlife". I can understand. I wish you will all be there to hear the man speak after hearing the wife's confession, and she actually cheated with his husband's driver. '1stoctober' has apparently heard her husband woice through me and she's better prepared.

if ur write up is original... wooow. if u re a woman I will marry no matter how ugly u re but if u re a man we can be friends #NoHomo
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Akinloye1095: 12:58pm On Jun 04, 2017
Everybody will see things from different perspective, Please don't let it happen again, Seek for foegiveness of sins from God and stay away from the person u had it with because if you're still seeing each other or communicating, its might still happen. Don't tell your husband because once he knows, he won't trust u again, in fact he might send you out of his house. No man will take that, this husband and wife not boyfriend and girlfriend. Pls sorry for asking you this, what prompted you into it?
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Odingo1: 1:00pm On Jun 04, 2017
Op nawaa,why is it that you cannot move on with your live ,if you have cheated on your husband and you have repented,then you forget about it and move with your life now, for me i will like it if my wife tell me that she cheated on me and hide it away from me for many years and I will not trust her again,i will prefer you forget about it and move on with your life.Your conscience is too strong but it is good that you have a good conscience,if na me i for don forget am tete self without looking back.

1 Like

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by ceny6(m): 1:09pm On Jun 04, 2017
My advice for u is kinda weird. I advice u quietly pack ur things and leave ur home. But before leaving make sure u write ur husband everything that has happened and how ur sorry and how u have decided to punish ur self. He will be sad /angry. Etc however he will appreciate ur honesty and if he still loves u he will find and call u back. This isn't a situation of saying ur sorry. U must face the music. That's why I suggest u move out, if he wants u back he will call you back. Save ur self the emotional torment u will face if you tell him one on one. For the single ladies reading this learn to be committed in ur relationship or marriage

2 Likes

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Mpeka(m): 1:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
First settle it between you and God before meeting your husband. Remember Jacob in Genesis 32:24-29.
Simply confess that particular sin and other sins you have ever committed to God, promise Him sincerely from your heart that you will never commit sin again. Believe that God will forgive you.
Really, God will forgive you and you'll know it. Peace will flood your heart and you'll see yourself a changed person.
Pray to God for your husband to forgive you. God will give you the boldness to approach him but be careful not to implicate other persons.
God shall help if you carefully seek His help. Amen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by oglalasioux(m): 1:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
istoctober:
l had to open this account to tell this story and l know that l will be bashed for this but l really need to get it off my chest.
it was in 2014, that l cheated on him and since then, l have not been myself. l have confessed to Pastors but l can't forget it and my mind keep telling me that God has forgotten about me cos whenever l pray, l find it difficult to concentrate and that's why l want to confess to him.
l know he will send me packing because he said something like that to me and the fear is what is keeping me from confessing to him. l don't want to be disgraced out of my home cos my husband will definitely do it.
l can't blame him for my shortcomings but myself for allowing devil into my home.
l really need your advice for help.... You can curse me but l deserve it for being a loose woman but l seriously need help cos depression wants to take over my life that l think of suicide to escape shame and mockery from people in case he finds out.

The day you confess to your husband consider him dead from that moment. He will never recover from the shock. You better shut up and move on unless you really want to be a widow.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by supereagle(m): 1:27pm On Jun 04, 2017
Go with your church leaders and prayerfully handle the matter.
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jun 04, 2017
istoctober:

l did it once and since then, l have not been myself. l have a feeling of "your sins will surely find you out" and is hunting me now. ls been two years now but l don't have peace.
. Where did you cheat him in your house or hotel
Re: I Cheated On My Husband And I Want To Confess To Him by MrsAnyanwu(f): 1:35pm On Jun 04, 2017
Poster, nobody is perfect or holy, u have an alive conscience which is very good, u made mistake by cheating on your husband, if it were a boyfriend or girlfriend relationship, u can just walk out of the relationship, but Now u are married, it's more difficult, one thing I know for sure is this, nothing is hidden under the sun, one day a gist can lead to another thing and the truth will come out, This type of secret isn't always a secret, the truth finally comes out one way or the other and secondly when u see ur husband, ur conscience would be pricking u, u made a mistake, I don't know if u should tell him or keep quiet, but some secrets are best taken to ur grave for peace to reign but what if ur husband eventually finds out, that will be worse, may God give u peace, Daughter of Zion, nobody is perfect

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (29) (Reply)

Man Catches His Wife Cheating And Exposes Her (Photos) / Dear Parents, in whose care have you left your child? Pics! / FCMB MD, Adam Nuru In Sex Scandal - Business Live

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.