Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,297 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? (3750 Views)

I don’t mind if my partner cheats, as long as he loves me – Nigerian Lady / "After 14 Years Of Dating, He Came To Pay My Bride Price" - Beautiful Lady Says / My Girlfriend Is Using Another Guy To Play Games With Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by WebSurfer(m): 4:32pm On Jun 03, 2017
My partner was suppose to get to Abuja to get her stuffs back home as she plan on relocating due to the fact her rent was overdue.

She clearly explained with style she couldn't use the road due to different tiredness and different excuses knowing fully well she could not afford it.

Therefore either expecting me or "anyone" to help her book a flight"

I called her calmly and jokingly discussed it , but she said she would never go by road. I kept quiet but insisted she go by road as i could not afford that luxury at a time like this.

Meanwhile, I couldn't ask her stop her chances because it was NONE of my business since i knew she might have the money but expecting someone else to pay for her (women nature) .

Just around 2 days ago, a female friend from Abuja was around my neighbourhood and needed mobility assistance of which I couldn't resist because of how close we were. I had to bring her home of which my partner agreed on with me before I left the house.

Just yesterday, she claimed a male friend of her paid for her ticket, but even as I had to ask, she said he was just a friend and she sees nothing wrong in accepting it in the first place.

Of course as a guy I have to think smart.
First and foremost, the question I asked is if the guy ever had interest or asked her out. She couldn't deny but claimed she saw nothing wrong in accepting.

Even when she missed the flight on issues here and there making her cancel the trip for now , I refused having any conversation with her apart from short household statements which she followed the trend.

She's making it all look normal which I refuse to accept with it going worse as we no longer sleep in same room.

Am I overreacting or doing what is right
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by dingbang(m): 4:48pm On Jun 03, 2017
Just let it go.. Ah mean, why not thank God your money didn't waste..you said she missed her flight right? So how did she manage to come back?,
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by minexpo(m): 4:51pm On Jun 03, 2017
hmmmmmmmmm...... grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by WebSurfer(m): 4:56pm On Jun 03, 2017
dingbang:
Just let it go.. Ah mean, why not thank God your money didn't waste..you said she missed her flight right? So how did she manage to come back?,
She came back home with her baggages by cab na.

I was happy though my money didn't waste just like that because it would have mattered to my family than spending it on a flight that seem luxury right now.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by orbgoblin: 5:01pm On Jun 03, 2017
Bro, if this male friend that bought the ticket also lives in the same abuja then you know something's up.

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by WebSurfer(m): 5:01pm On Jun 03, 2017
I asked her where the so called guy was from, even when she claimed he was in Benin, I really doubted it because I'm wondering why he would spend around just 25k for a flight when he has no intentions.

orbgoblin:
Bro, if this male friend that bought the ticket also lives in the same abuja then you know something's up.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by dingbang(m): 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2017
WebSurfer:

She came back home with her baggages by cab na.

I was happy though my money didn't waste just like that because it would have mattered to my family than spending it on a flight that seem luxury right now.
better.. Just let it slide... Infact she is even the one that would be feeling guilty in her conscience..

So let it Go bro... You guys should continue with the way things were
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by firstking01(m): 5:08pm On Jun 03, 2017
My brother, your days with her are numbered.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by WebSurfer(m): 5:13pm On Jun 03, 2017
firstking01:
My brother, your days with her are numbered.
my question is..
If I am overreacting or doing the right thing by ignoring her until she realize it is wrong
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by Headlesschicken(m): 5:15pm On Jun 03, 2017
grin nigga yuh over reacting b!tches would always be b!tches,niggas would always ask em out,she ain't yuh wife remember... Just yuh ch!ck always wear a condom though....

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by WebSurfer(m): 5:23pm On Jun 03, 2017
Headlesschicken:
grin nigga yuh over reacting b!tches would always be b!tches,niggas would always ask em out,she ain't yuh wife remember... Just yuh ch!ck always wear a condom though....

Well even if I am getting what you are insinuating , I would rather not be in a relationship with such a person because at the end it's just going to be a timewaste which I can't afford right now

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by firstking01(m): 5:32pm On Jun 03, 2017
WebSurfer:
my question is..
If I am overreacting or doing the right thing by ignoring her until she realize it is wrong
She has some explanations to do tho, cos a guy cannot just uproot from nowhere to pay her flight ticket without her having a prior knowledge of the guy's intentions or some kinda admirations from the guy....don't just trust any woman until you put her in your house as wife....
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by WebSurfer(m): 5:45pm On Jun 03, 2017
firstking01:
She has some explanations to do tho, cos a guy cannot just uproot from nowhere to pay her flight ticket without her having a prior knowledge of the guy's intentions or some kinda admirations from the guy....don't just trust any woman until you put her in your house as wife....
if you are a guy who got some married ex still making advances romantically/sexually, you would understand that being married doesn't make them change either

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by firstking01(m): 5:47pm On Jun 03, 2017
WebSurfer:
if you are a guy who got some married ex still making advances romantically/sexually, you would understand that being married doesn't make them change either
The rate of infidelity decrease on "most women" when they marry...
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by Zirah: 6:14pm On Jun 03, 2017
You aren't overreacting. The chances of your gf ditching you in future is high. I'm sure she will. When she does, remember my comment.

Your gf should not ask of you what you can't afford.

WebSurfer:
My partner was suppose to get to Abuja to get her stuffs back home as she plan on relocating due to the fact her rent was overdue.

4 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by WebSurfer(m): 8:28pm On Jun 03, 2017
Zirah:
You aren't overreacting. The chances of your gf ditching you in future is high. I'm sure she will. When she does, remember my comment.

Your gf should not ask of you what you can't afford.

Thank you.
It's not like I can't afford it though, I just felt it's unnecessary and laziness I can't allow now before she gets use to it.

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by Zirah: 9:06pm On Jun 03, 2017
Alright. My point exactly is, she deflated your ego by telling you another man paid for her flight. A woman who loves but not for the money will never do that. She'll respect your feelings.

If you can't afford her and her petty cravings, she'll move on to the one who can. I can't assure you that 98% of girls are not like that. So if you want to keep her, you must have the money - her kind of money.

WebSurfer:

Thank you.
It's not like I can't afford it though, I just felt it's unnecessary and laziness I can't allow now before she gets use to it.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by MrCork: 9:10pm On Jun 03, 2017
[quote author=WebSurfer post=57158727]My partner was suppose to get to Abuja to get her stuffs back home as she plan on relocating due to the fact her rent was overdue.

She clearly explained with style she couldn't use the road due to different tiredness and different excuses knowing fully well she could not afford it.

I called her calmly and jokingly discussed it , but she said she would never go by road. I kept quiet but insisted she go by road as i could not afford that luxury at a time like this.

Meanwhile, I couldn't ask her stop her chances because it was NONE of my business since i knew she might have the money but expecting someone else to pay for her (women nature) .

Just around 2 days ago, a female friend from Abuja was around my neighbourhood and needed mobility assistance of which I couldn't resist because of how close we were. I had to bring her home of which my partner agreed on with me before I left the house.

Just yesterday, she claimed a male friend of her paid for her ticket, but even as I had to ask, she said he was just a friend and she sees nothing wrong in accepting it in the first place.

First and foremost, the question I asked is if the guy ever had interest or asked her out. She couldn't deny but claimed she saw nothing wrong in accepting.

Even when she missed the flight on issues here and there making her cancel the trip for now , I refused having any conversation with her apart from short household statements which she followed the trend.

She's making it all look normal which I refuse to accept with it going worse as we no longer sleep in same room.

[/quote

..my niggggga..too late...trussssss me..he will fukkkk yorrr wife!!(no oofensece). angry

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by WebSurfer(m): 11:37pm On Jun 03, 2017
I just ended the relationship, no point beating around the Bush as I am not ready for someone unserious

7 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by tifany89(m): 7:31am On Jun 04, 2017
WebSurfer:
I just ended the relationship, no point beating around the Bush as I am not ready for someone unserious
Dude it's better that way, save yourself from unnecessary stress and heartache. When a girl start naming unnecessary demands that for some reason u are unable to fulfill just start planning for doomsday. Even you that has the money would v used bus and someone except u to pay for flight, that is pure selfishness . How does she even feel about the break up coz it seems u guys were almost practically living together

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by Justiyke4u: 7:37am On Jun 04, 2017
Is she your wife? Because "my partner" is not the same as "my wife"
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by WebSurfer(m): 8:38am On Jun 04, 2017
tifany89:

Dude it's better that way, save yourself from unnecessary stress and heartache. When a girl start naming unnecessary demands that for some reason u are unable to fulfill just start planning for doomsday. Even you that has the money would v used bus and someone except u to pay for flight, that is pure selfishness . How does she even feel about the break up coz it seems u guys were almost practically living together

Very on point brother. Practically living for around a month and some weeks.
She is a corper serving here.
We were just friends for months even if we stayed together in same roof until I asked her out.

During watching the champions league final game at home, she dressed up, took some of her belongings, came to say she was going to her friend's place to spend the night till this morning travelling to Abuja from there.

Even though I recall she talked to her friend over the phone she wanted to see her but the fact that I also noticed she called another guy to come pick her up since I would not suspend watching the match got me up straight up to tell her I wasn't interested in continuing the relationship as I couldn't continue with the disrespect she gives me.

Though she said she was sorry and all that but I had to tell her that I'm not sure I can change her so there's no point as I am not ready for such a journey again.

7 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by WebSurfer(m): 8:39am On Jun 04, 2017
Justiyke4u:
Is she your wife? Because "my partner" is not the same as "my wife"

No but I like to see my girlfriend as a partner too because it should only lead there.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by SmellingAnus(m): 9:08am On Jun 04, 2017
[quote author=MrCork post=57166527][/quote] true... There is an adage that goes this way... " when a man buys a pant for a woman, he would want to know if the pant looks good on her grin

2 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by tifany89(m): 10:57pm On Jun 04, 2017
WebSurfer:

Very on point brother. Practically living for around a month and some weeks.
She is a corper serving here.
We were just friends for months even if we stayed together in same roof until I asked her out.

During watching the champions league final game at home, she dressed up, took some of her belongings, came to say she was going to her friend's place to spend the night till this morning travelling to Abuja from there.

Even though I recall she talked to her friend over the phone she wanted to see her but the fact that I also noticed she called another guy to come pick her up since I would not suspend watching the match got me up straight up to tell her I wasn't interested in continuing the relationship as I couldn't continue with the disrespect she gives me.

Though she said she was sorry and all that but I had to tell her that I'm not sure I can change her so there's no point as I am not ready for such a journey again.
Probably she agreed to ur advances out of necessity because she needed a place to stay. But it's okay sha, all things work together for good

3 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by WebSurfer(m): 10:57am On Jun 05, 2017
tifany89:

Probably she agreed to ur advances out of necessity because she needed a place to stay. But it's okay sha, all things work together for good
It hurts to be a good person though.

You won't believe she insisted to get her place, asked me to borrow her some money 50k to complete what she had promising to pay month end (this past month). This was before we started dating.
Right now it seems like she doesn't want to pay anymore.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by tifany89(m): 11:41am On Jun 05, 2017
WebSurfer:

It hurts to be a good person though.

You won't believe she insisted to get her place, asked me to borrow her some money 50k to complete what she had promising to pay month end (this past month). This was before we started dating.
Right now it seems like she doesn't want to pay anymore.
Bro i know it's hard but just forget that money except u want to use other means of collecting it coz truth is she wouldn't pay u. But since she has been staying with u does dat mean she didn't get her own place again? It's always almost impossible for a girl to pay u back a loan not to talk of ur gf
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by WebSurfer(m): 12:02pm On Jun 05, 2017
tifany89:

Bro i know it's hard but just forget that money except u want to use other means of collecting it coz truth is she wouldn't pay u. But since she has been staying with u does dat mean she didn't get her own place again? It's always almost impossible for a girl to pay u back a loan not to talk of ur gf

I have forgotten about it though it's
Quite a little painful. I didn't really plan on giving her just that someone paid me that very day for sales I made the previous day so I had the money at home when she asked. And since we weren't dating yet, I felt she would really pay back
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by mctowel01: 12:41pm On Jun 05, 2017
WebSurfer:
I asked her where the so called guy was from, even when she claimed he was in Benin, I really doubted it because I'm wondering why he would spend around just 25k for a flight when he has no intentions.

Bro, hope in future years, you won't say you didn't see the signs. When challenges occur in the family and your wife begins to say she can't do this or that, know you were shown the signs. Man to man, we all know that no guy just spends luxury on another woman without other hidden intentions. This does not look good.
Edit.
Just saw your conclusion. A failed relationship is better than a failed marriage.

5 Likes

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by robotix: 12:43pm On Jun 05, 2017
WebSurfer:

I believe this lady is one you celebrated on nairaland some months ago with engagement. I must confess that I respect you in a way.

You should have told those guys saying let it slide that she is engaged to you already. My brother, sit her down and make your stance. Men don't give out money like that without having a back up plan and you know it.

What surprises me is the way they say let it slide... let it slide and you will marry a woman that still keep in touch with her toasters. One disgusting thing I HATE about Nigerian girls are things such as this. Why accept "gift" from a toaster who has vested interest in you when you already have a man engaged to?

ALL Nigerian GIRL DO THIS and some do get forked in the process.

Take my advise... you are already engaged to this girl and so tell her to define where she wants to be. What if something happens to your business tomorrow ( God forbid),she will run off to meet her toasters to satisfy her thirst?

You may just have a slight discussion with her BUT keep your eyes pilled. Receiving such money from the guy has given him HOPE (it is same with guys in this situation)

1 Like

Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by robotix: 12:48pm On Jun 05, 2017
WebSurfer:
WOW! I am just seeing this... I believe it is the girl you engaged though... it is painful that some girls can be this shallow. You are a man.... no time for nonsense.
Re: Is It Right For A Guy To Pay My Partner's Flight Ticket ? by tifany89(m): 12:50pm On Jun 05, 2017
WebSurfer:

I have forgotten about it though it's
Quite a little painful. I didn't really plan on giving her just that someone paid me that very day for sales I made the previous day so I had the money at home when she asked. And since we weren't dating yet, I felt she would really pay back
Yeah but u made d mistake of asking her to be ur gf while she was still indebted to u. She could v agreed knowing fully well that you wouldn't request for the money again and am sure that is what happened. All through the times the going was good am sure u never bothered to ask her about the money. You just remembered she owes u coz u guys are no more together.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Young Man Publicly Shows Off His Moves At Sex Doll Exhibition / Am I Dating A Strange Girl??? / GUYS: It's Pointless Dating A Girl Below 25

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.