Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? (41115 Views)

Men, Please Avoid Strawberries. / Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. / Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Berbierklaus(f): 6:28pm On Jun 07, 2017
specter:

Marriage is work bro. Strong work and it requires each partner to play the fool at one point or another.
Yes it has its good side, but the not so good side requires strong hard work.
Me wen be lion for street and if I roar cold go dey. come see as my woman dey scold me like primary 6 pikin. Even my parents nor bold scold me like that cos I gat play the fool. And most times, she is keeping it 100% real.
We dated for a while, she caught me butt naked screwing the living day out of other girl friend I had , while we were still dating. She handled them with maturity. Prayer , advice and scolding.
She has earned my love and respect and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. Even most of my friends nor come understand me again.
Every thing bad I have stopped from drinking, partying regularly, clubbing, going on sex spree, smoking weed , cigarette, etc.
She fought on her knee. The day I caught myself sharing church flyer in bid to win soul for Christ while Chelsea was playing a crucial match, I was laughing as in na me be dis.
She has changed me. That is what marriage is all about.
It's hard work, not a bed of roses. She will offend you, learn to forgive and forget. You will offend her too.
We communicate and play like identical twins. Older married couple in my compound dey wonder how we dey do am.
She carries her self with grace and Candor so much that I am taking classes on economics, accounting , spiritual and social responsibility from her.
Do you know the miracle? She is not a graduate and I have 2 degrees plus an Msc awaiting LLM. But she lectures me and prays for me.
Do we fight at times ? Yeap but you will never know cos our quarry is always settled between 1-48hrs and no 3rd party.
Marriage sweet whether or not money dey, if you have your soul mate for a wife.
I love this,but please if your wife would love to go for education,let her do that.
Because I know some women who still want to be no opportunity for it again,because they are married
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Berbierklaus(f): 6:41pm On Jun 07, 2017
helpee:
we were having hot passionate sex this morning. When she was about to come, na so my 2yr old wake up come dey shout, mummy, mummy.....she just said leave me alone, i am fucking your daddy. lol. The girl no gree, she spoilt her parole. She come say na me no do am well early...how e take be my fault. Anyway we promised to continue when the kids leave for school this morning since i be resident doctor with two other doctors working for me this morning so after my ward round with them this morning, the show continues,,,,this is one of our almost daily routine for 9yrs of marriage and 3kids. i come dey wonder why the thing no tire me self since all these years. marriage is sweet brother
smiley

For those that the society has conditioned them to think as men they can't be with one woman for the rest of their lives,here you have it.

2 Likes

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Jun 07, 2017
Berbierklaus:

I love this,but please if your wife would love to go for education,let her do that.
Because I know some women who still want to be no opportunity for it again,because they are married

Well ! When I was to marry her, my family kinda objected, even my pastor and family member were skeptical that it will be difficult giving our different level of understanding.
Also , giving the fact that she won't be able to earn money by getting a regular job rather than leaving all the job for me.
I married for love. I am her first and she has been faithful. She is smart and I have promised to send her, to school in any country of her choice and also establish a big business for her.
I am working towards it. By God's grace, I will be able to raise enough money to achieve that.
She is my priceless asset. So before I am able to rise the money, she has access to the internet and my library.
She is able to read and acquire knowledge and what she does not understand we discuss it.
Today she reads in clean English, write in clean English and this will suprise you, she edits' all of my writting most time cos before now, I write with loads of typos. She edits all my jobs and does an excellent job.
Thanks for the advice , I am grateful.

1 Like

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Berbierklaus(f): 10:05pm On Jun 07, 2017
specter:

Well ! When I was to marry her, my family kinda objected, even my pastor and family member were skeptical that it will be difficult giving our different level of understanding.
Also , giving the fact that she won't be able to earn money by getting a regular job rather than leaving all the job for me.
I married for love. I am her first and she has been faithful. She is smart and I have promised to send her, to school in any country of her choice and also establish a big business for her.
I am working towards it. By God's grace, I will be able to raise enough money to achieve that.
She is my priceless asset. So before I am able to rise the money, she has access to the internet and my library.
She is able to read and acquire knowledge and what she does not understand we discuss it.
Today she reads in clean English, write in clean English and this will suprise you, she edits' all of my writting most time cos before now, I write with loads of typos. She edits all my jobs and does an excellent job.
Thanks for the advice , I am grateful.
Wow God bless you sir kiss kiss

They do me like say make I be your pikin sha smiley
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 3:35am On Jun 08, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
Look, society has forced certain unnatural premises on men, stemming from Western Ideals of chivalry and monogamy, the fact is until recently monogamy has not successfully been established in any one single society; forcing men to stay monogamous only results in unstated feelings of resentment and unfulfilled desires; I'm not interested in the 'Women can also do it ' feminist propaganda here, what I'm saying is that underneath the so-called happy old couple pics that you referred me to lies an underbelly of a strong woman, able to tolerate her husband's excesses...I'm an attorney here in the States, and I can tell you as a matter of fact, that a lot if not all of these men have secret offsprings for whom they make various instruments of provision.

You are lying if you are in the US. I'm here also and have worked around quite a few attorneys. I'm not saying no lawyer has an outside child while being married, but it's nothing like Nigeria. Many people in the US have been married more than once, so of course they are going to have other children from their prior marriages. Americans have a low tolerance for infidelity and don't mind getting a divorce if a man is cheating excessively. If you don't want to marry again after your first marriage failed, then that is your choice. But don't try to tear down another country because of what you experienced in your life.

2 Likes

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 5:39am On Jun 08, 2017
FortuneTeller:

You are lying if you are in the US. I'm here also and have worked around quite a few attorneys. I'm not saying no lawyer has an outside child while being married, but it's nothing like Nigeria. Many people in the US have been married more than once, so of course they are going to have other children from their prior marriages. Americans have a low tolerance for infidelity and don't mind getting a divorce if a man is cheating excessively. If you don't want to marry again after your first marriage failed, then that is your choice. But don't try to tear down another country because of what you experienced in your life.
you just attacked me that I'm lying, how idiotic is that...? Yes I do live in California, a community property state at that, and yes I'm a licensed attorney and it's not for you to tell me what's going on legally out here. There's a reason why most marriages end up in divorce...what man can bear to live with women like you? Just came from nowhere and blah blah blah without any sense.
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 10:01am On Jun 08, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
you just attacked me that I'm lying, how idiotic is that...? Yes I do live in California, a community property state at that, and yes I'm a licensed attorney and it's not for you to tell me what's going on legally out here. There's a reason why most marriages end up in divorce...what man can bear to live with women like you? Just came from nowhere and blah blah blah without any sense.

I corrected your lie before you misled someone because things didn't work out for you.
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Jaqenhghar: 3:10pm On Jun 08, 2017
banmee:

What am i enjoying? Plenty. Been married almost 20 years and it's like we just met yesterday. It's simple really. Just make sure that elements of what you like in your spouse are there before you marry him/her. For me it was kindness, sexual compatibility, and being pleasing to the eye. One very important factor in a marriage is sexual compatibility. As the years go by it gets harder and harder to keep up so you got to spice it up. I love the way my wife still looks almost the same way she did when we met. Flat tummy and all. It's just crazy. She is probably one of the most beautiful women in the world. I am a health nut and so is she. I can run a 2 mile in 15 minute but she does it in 14. That's how fit she is. At 40 fa. Not many 20 years olds can do that. To add honey to the tea, she's gave me 3 strapping boys who are guaranteed to be super models when they grow up if they so choose. Hehehehehe grin. Seriously though, if i had to do it over again, i'd marry her in a heartbeat.

That being said; we fight on occasion. Marriage is not a bed of roses. The most important thing to realize is that things like that will happen. Think about it; if you can fight with your siblings then you can definitely have one with your spouse. Some days i'd feel like choking her out when she starts pissing me off but when i compare her abnormal days to her normal days it's pretty much 90/10 with 90 being her good days.
Preach Bro!
A happy marriage involves sacrifice among other things.
In a country where people believe in taking and not giving and a selfless person is considered a fool, they will keep wondering how you did it

2 Likes

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by banmee(m): 4:28pm On Jun 08, 2017
Jaqenhghar:

Preach Bro!
A happy marriage involves sacrifice among other things.
In a country where people believe in taking and not giving and a selfless person is considered a fool, they will keep wondering how you did it

Thanks my brother. But i know go lie. E no easy oooo. Some days, e go be like say make i give am pile driver and choke hold when e start to vex me. But most days, e go de do me to buy am lexus jeep. Na real roller coaster.
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by delishpot: 4:43pm On Jun 08, 2017
OLUJOSHINS:

I'm not married.

But I know that U are the head of the home.

I know that U are responsible for the success/otherwise of the home.

I know that peace can be achieved in any situation. irrespective of the state of mind, attitude, & way of thinking of Ur partner.

U can still make peace.

False. Marriage takes both partners efforts to flourish and prosper. If one is working and the other is a sabo it will not work. Both need to realise that it is all for one and one for all. Yes sometimes wahala would come but it shoukd be resolved and the union continue towards the right path. If one partner has decided to frustrate the other, then what is the joy in that marriage? That is when peaople just endure and keep shut to creat a semblance of peace for their kids sake.
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Onegai(f): 5:12pm On Jun 08, 2017
FortuneTeller:

I was sorta surprised to hear lots of people have secret children in the US, especially in California (a certain former governor doesn't count as "a lot of men have secret kids" and last I checked, no random deadbeat dad impregnating girls from age 14 counted either). I mean, just thinking of the Child Support alone... Most men don't get like divorced because of Alimony and Child Support payments gulping half of their paychecks.
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 2:37am On Jun 09, 2017
Onegai:

I was sorta surprised to hear lots of people have secret children in the US, especially in California (a certain former governor doesn't count as "a lot of men have secret kids" and last I checked, no random deadbeat dad impregnating girls from age 14 counted either). I mean, just thinking of the Child Support alone... Most men don't get like divorced because of Alimony and Child Support payments gulping half of their paychecks.

Most people do not have "secret" children here. Does that mean no men have secret children, of course not. But if someone were to do statistics, I'm sure the rate would be less than 5% unless the man was a politician. The divorce rate is very high here. It is true that men don't usually initiate divorce, but women certainly do. Many people have children with other people because many people marry more than once or move on to a new relationship when they get tired of the old one. Those children are rarely kept secret from the wife, but may not be known to co-workers and friends.
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 9:24am On Jun 09, 2017
delishpot:

False. Marriage takes both partners efforts to flourish and prosper. If one is working and the other is a sabo it will not work. Both need to realise that it is all for one and one for all. Yes sometimes wahala would come but it shoukd be resolved and the union continue towards the right path. If one partner has decided to frustrate the other, then what is the joy in that marriage? That is when peaople just endure and keep shut to creat a semblance of peace for their kids sake.

Well, I'm not married.

But I know that I can make peace with anybody. irrespective of the person's mindset

& I feel that any man can do the same.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Can I Stop Helping My Cousin Without Feeling Guilty About Her Kids? / Anambra Police Arrest 6 For Accusing Woman Of Killing Husband With Overdose Sex / White Lady Spotted In Wrapper Using Nigerian Grinding Stone And Speaking Pidgin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.