Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,575 members, 7,958,781 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:01 AM

Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? (41436 Views)

Men, Please Avoid Strawberries. / Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. / Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Rozaybb(f): 7:48pm On Jun 06, 2017
bigerboy200:

please sir...is it that you are tired of your wife or what? feeling scared tho..i get tired of of women easily...
den don't get married..or simply be a baby daddy..cus if a nigga like u is my husband and u get tired of me for no reason uncle I will bang another man before ur eyes

2 Likes

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by saasala(m): 7:54pm On Jun 06, 2017
Wiretransfer:
I am scared of marriage cos of the responsibilities involved.
I think marriage is an unnecessary burden especially with kids.
It becomes more difficult to achieve your goals and dreams as you are now responsible for others and not yourself alone. Coupled with the economic situation in this country.
I sometimes feel for my married colleagues and friends cos its really not easy.
Family issues, In-laws, Kids, Health, School fees, disagreements with spouse e.t.c
not worth it.

I do not look forward to getting married. I dont even think about it. NOT A THOUGHT

I was once like you. I vowed never to get married, but I thought, if you stay single you will have problems in life. Loneliness will kill you one day when all your friends are married. If you get married you still have problems. Why not get married and have problems than being single and miserable.

Now I have put my not so good lifestyle away and searching for a soul mate.

2 Likes

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by bigerboy200: 8:34pm On Jun 06, 2017
Rozaybb:
den don't get married..or simply be a baby daddy..cus if a nigga like u is my husband and u get tired of me for no reason uncle I will bang another man before ur eyes
wow..what a blunt response...#Salute
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
stevecantrell:

Hahahaha...!

The funniest part are the ones mentioning sex as advantage. I mean how do they do it ?
Sex with the same person for years and years...

Pe
yes o bros, I was married for 4yrs, it was the most boring and restrictive situation I have ever found myself...the sex dries up after awhile, even if it doesn't, the routine of having sex with the same woman over and over is a crime against the nature of man. Also, the way society is now structured, a woman really doesn't need you except as a sperm donor, she has no respect nor regard for you....the truth is there's now nothing a man wants in marriage that he doesn't get better outside marriage...marriage is for losers.

2 Likes

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
Realhommie:
This is funny i swear.. Lol
lol for real bro, you think if marriage is a million dollar contract, other men will be begging you to bid for it? Modern marriage is torture for a man, stay single and happy.
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by stevecantrell: 9:13pm On Jun 06, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
yes o bros, I was married for 4yrs, it was the most boring and restrictive situation I have ever found myself...the sex dries up after awhile, even if it doesn't, the routine of having sex with the same woman over and over is a crime against the nature of man. Also, the way society is now structured, a woman really doesn't need you except as a sperm donor, she has no respect nor regard for you....the truth is there's now nothing a man wants in marriage that he doesn't get better outside marriage...marriage is for losers.

Wow! Sorry about that.
Perhaps you can open a separate thread about your experience.
We can all learn from it.
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Ishilove: 9:14pm On Jun 06, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
lol for real bro, you think if marriage is a million dollar contract, other men will be begging you to bid for it? Modern marriage is torture for a man, stay single and happy.
But you're a modern man too grin
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Ishilove: 9:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
stevecantrell:

Wow! Sorry about that.
Yes Gogobirilalas, I concur with stevecantrell. Please create a thread so that us young and single ones can learn a thing or two
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Ishilove: 9:32pm On Jun 06, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
Tell that to these folks:

https://www.nairaland.com/3839757/then-now-couples-recreate-old
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 10:04pm On Jun 06, 2017
stevecantrell:

Wow! Sorry about that.

to be fair though...African women are still the best and we should appreciate them, but there's really nothing in marriage for the modern male. Check out a guy called Sandman MGTOW on YouTube. He is a genius at analysing the dynamics of modern relationships, I highly recommend him to any young man thinking of getting married.

2 Likes

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by tuscani: 10:11pm On Jun 06, 2017
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by tuscani: 10:15pm On Jun 06, 2017
OLUJOSHINS:

If U believe that U can repair Ur home for good, It will workout for U.
grin grin grin. Talking from textbook experience.? Make the right choice that is all. Do you know that in a dispute situation. The two parties must ready for peace or else everything is zero. grin grin grin
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by tuscani: 10:15pm On Jun 06, 2017
OLUJOSHINS:

If U believe that U can repair Ur home for good, It will workout for U.
grin grin grin. Talking from textbook experience.? Make the right choice that is all. Do you know that in a dispute situation. The two parties must ready for peace or else everything is zero.
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by tuscani: 10:16pm On Jun 06, 2017
VitaminB12:
Are you an Ex-Seminarian? That maxim was our watchword back in those days "to work is to pray"
got that from my lecturer way back in uni
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 10:17pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ishilove:

Tell that to these folks:

https://www.nairaland.com/3839757/then-now-couples-recreate-old
lol Ishilove I know sey you go respond to this one...anyway, what can I say, there's a reason why the law of illegitimacy was abolished and secret trusts exist for a reason....hope you get my drift.
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Ishilove: 11:45pm On Jun 06, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
lol Ishilove I know sey you go respond to this one...anyway, what can I say, there's a reason why the law of illegitimacy was abolished and secret trusts exist for a reason....hope you get my drift.
Err, no I don't embarassed
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 11:48pm On Jun 06, 2017
Godfullsam:

Are you concerned about the number of likes or the number of people who are not happy in their marriage undecided

Am concerned at the number of unhappy married couples out there. Its alarming sad

1 Like

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 12:55am On Jun 07, 2017
Ishilove:

Err, no I don't embarassed
Look, society has forced certain unnatural premises on men, stemming from Western Ideals of chivalry and monogamy, the fact is until recently monogamy has not successfully been established in any one single society; forcing men to stay monogamous only results in unstated feelings of resentment and unfulfilled desires; I'm not interested in the 'Women can also do it ' feminist propaganda here, what I'm saying is that underneath the so-called happy old couple pics that you referred me to lies an underbelly of a strong woman, able to tolerate her husband's excesses...I'm an attorney here in the States, and I can tell you as a matter of fact, that a lot if not all of these men have secret offsprings for whom they make various instruments of provision.
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Ishilove: 5:53am On Jun 07, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
Look, society has forced certain unnatural premises on men, stemming from Western Ideals of chivalry and monogamy, the fact is until recently monogamy has not successfully been established in any one single society; forcing men to stay monogamous only results in unstated feelings of resentment and unfulfilled desires; I'm not interested in the 'Women can also do it ' feminist propaganda here, what I'm saying is that underneath the so-called happy old couple pics that you referred me to lies an underbelly of a strong woman, able to tolerate her husband's excesses...I'm an attorney here in the States, and I can tell you as a matter of fact, that a lot if not all of these men have secret offsprings for whom they make various instruments of provision.
Okay, I catch your drift now.

I'm curious about something: Is sleeping with the same woman for the rest of one's life so bad? What happened to friendship and companionship? Till death do us part?

I think when you meet The One (not Jet Li), even when it gets boring you will still have a reason to look forward to going home in the evening. That's why we always say 'marry your friend' so that when passion dies (as it does in all marriages), the bonds of easy companionship and friendship will still be there to hold you two together. smiley

It's not naivete speaking. It's experience

1 Like

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 6:14am On Jun 07, 2017
Ishilove:

Okay, I catch your drift now.

I'm curious about something: Is sleeping wit the same woman for the rest of one's life so bad? What happened to friendship and companionship? Till death do us part?

I think when you meet The One (not Jet Li), even when it gets boring you will still have a reason to look forward to going home in the evening. That's we always say 'marry your friend' so that when passion dies (as it does in all marriages), the bonds of easy companionship and friendship will still be there to hold you two together. smiley

It's not naivete speaking. It's experience
true....it's that friendship that's kept them together despite his away matches which she pretends not to know...unfortunately not too many men are so tolerant...hence it's ultimately a woman who decides whether her marriage works or not.

1 Like

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by michealewela: 7:44am On Jun 07, 2017
banggy:
I am 31 got married early last year

dear, Marriage is the best thing to ever happen to me... the maturity and sense of belonging will just evolved naturally

Marriage is too sweet most esp when u marry your perfect kind of woman

Shallom!!!
No experience yet, you still dey honey moon...

1 Like

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by michealewela: 7:45am On Jun 07, 2017
banggy:
I am 31 got married early last year

dear, Marriage is the best thing to ever happen to me... the maturity and sense of belonging will just evolved naturally

Marriage is too sweet most esp when u marry your perfect kind of woman

Shallom!!!
No experience yet, you still dey honeymoon...
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Ishilove: 7:47am On Jun 07, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
true....it's that friendship that's kept them together despite his away matches which she pretends not to know...unfortunately not too many men are so tolerant...hence it's ultimately a woman who decides whether her marriage works or not.
Will you, being a man, look the other way if your wife plays away matches? I ask a rational human being with feelings, not as a feminist.

1 Like

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 8:17am On Jun 07, 2017
Ishilove:

Will you, being a man, look the other way if your wife plays away matches? I ask a rational human being with feelings, not as a feminist.
No you're asking a feminist question as I anticipated; you know I won't...but I'm biologically different from a woman, it's a false comparism to expect us to react similarly..this is the sort of gender fluid logic that has led to LGBTQ nonsense. It's like asking me that if I don't see my menstruation for 3wks does it mean I'm pregnant? What is the basis for the comparism?
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by munchi(m): 10:37am On Jun 07, 2017
[quote author=abescom post=57260161]Go
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jun 07, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
No you're asking a feminist question as I anticipated; you know I won't...but I'm biologically different from a woman, it's a false comparism to expect us to react similarly..this is the sort of gender fluid logic that has led to LGBTQ nonsense. It's like asking me that if I don't see my menstruation for 3wks does it mean I'm pregnant? What is the basis for the comparism?

Marriage is work bro. Strong work and it requires each partner to play the fool at one point or another.
Yes it has its good side, but the not so good side requires strong hard work.
Me wen be lion for street and if I roar cold go dey. come see as my woman dey scold me like primary 6 pikin. Even my parents nor bold scold me like that cos I gat play the fool. And most times, she is keeping it 100% real.
We dated for a while, she caught me butt naked screwing the living day out of other girl friend I had , while we were still dating. She handled them with maturity. Prayer , advice and scolding.
She has earned my love and respect and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. Even most of my friends nor come understand me again.
Every thing bad I have stopped from drinking, partying regularly, clubbing, going on sex spree, smoking weed , cigarette, etc.
She fought on her knee. The day I caught myself sharing church flyer in bid to win soul for Christ while Chelsea was playing a crucial match, I was laughing as in na me be dis.
She has changed me. That is what marriage is all about.
It's hard work, not a bed of roses. She will offend you, learn to forgive and forget. You will offend her too.
We communicate and play like identical twins. Older married couple in my compound dey wonder how we dey do am.
She carries her self with grace and Candor so much that I am taking classes on economics, accounting , spiritual and social responsibility from her.
Do you know the miracle? She is not a graduate and I have 2 degrees plus an Msc awaiting LLM. But she lectures me and prays for me.
Do we fight at times ? Yeap but you will never know cos our quarry is always settled between 1-48hrs and no 3rd party.
Marriage sweet whether or not money dey, if you have your soul mate for a wife.

12 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by temi4fash(m): 1:51pm On Jun 07, 2017
specter:

Marriage is work bro. Strong work and it requires each partner to play the fool at one point or another.
Me wen be lion for street and if I roar cold go dey. come see as my woman dey scold me like primary 6 pikin. Even my parents nor bold scold me like that cos I gat play the fool. And most times, she is keeping it 100% real.
We dated for a while, she caught me butt naked screwing the living day out of other girl friend I had , while we were still dating. She handled them with maturity. Prayer , advice and scolding.
She has earned my love and respect and there is absolutely nothing I can do about it. Even most of my friends nor come understand me again.
Every thing bad I have stopped from drinking, partying regularly, clubbing, going on sex spree, smoking weed , cigarette, etc.
She fought on her knee. The day I caught myself sharing church flyer in bid to win soul for Christ while Chelsea was playing a crucial match, I was laughing as in na me be dis.
It's hard work, not a bed of roses. She will offend you, learn to forgive and forget. You will offend her too.
We communicate and play like identical twins. Older married couple in my compound dey wonder how we dey do am.
She carries her self with grace and Candor so much that I am taking classes on economics, accounting , spiritual and social responsibility from her.
Do you know the miracle? She is not a graduate and I have 2 degrees plus an Msc awaiting LLM. But she lectures me and prays for me.
Do we fight at times ? Yeap but you will never know cos our quarry is always settled between 1-48hrs and no 3rd party.
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by techxhibit: 3:42pm On Jun 07, 2017
specter:

May you and yours be as old wine.

1 Like

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Olami90: 3:46pm On Jun 07, 2017
specter:

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jun 07, 2017
specter:

Congratulations bro, you seem to be happy..I wish you the best...it's always sad when a lion looses it's roar though.
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jun 07, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
Congratulations bro, you seem to be happy..I wish you the best...it's always sad when a lion looses it's roar though.

The lion has not lost its roar bro. But certainly not before your wife na.
Even as a change man, I still hold my side if you wan ekwe me. This lion now roars in another way.

1 Like

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Berbierklaus(f): 6:25pm On Jun 07, 2017
Brector:
everybody here is talking about DAUGHTER DAUGHTER are there no more sons again?Hmmmm!We are heading towards women world
Yes we are,deal with it cool

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day: When Your Wife Earns More Than You. / I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! / Expecting A New Baby , Need Shopping List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.