Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,636 members, 7,958,911 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 07:15 AM

Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? (41439 Views)

Men, Please Avoid Strawberries. / Dear Men, Please Don't Date Or Marry A Broke Woman. / Indomie Generation: Who Exactly Are They? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by 1603yyyy: 9:14am On Jun 06, 2017
Hummmmmm!
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 9:16am On Jun 06, 2017
Brector:
everybody here is talking about DAUGHTER DAUGHTER are there no more sons again?Hmmmm!We are heading towards women world

and what's wrong with that?
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by kaboninc(m): 9:17am On Jun 06, 2017
sisisioge:

Good for you...help me greet her. By the way, in case the presidency is feeling benevolent this beautiful rainy Sunday, send me money. No need to carry it in a Ghana must go, just ask for my account no cool

Hmmmm

1 Like

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by dbaruwa(m): 9:19am On Jun 06, 2017
The secret of every successful marriage is avoiding big expectations from ur spouse, good communication, ever willing to put him or her first in any decision (sacrifice) and above all putting God first in all that u do. To the Glory of God I have been married happily for eight years

3 Likes

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by franzis(m): 9:26am On Jun 06, 2017
Companionship
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by MizMyColi(f): 9:26am On Jun 06, 2017
smiley
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by PeacenLove2: 9:29am On Jun 06, 2017
GloryGloryRufus:
..... You just said many things that made you hate marriage now, you feel for your married colleagues but a time will soon come they will be the one to pity you, they are building now and you are afraid to build, a time will soon come. Then you will know the importance of marriage. Fold your hands well well. I pray you live long so that you will understand me better.

grin cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Nobody: 9:43am On Jun 06, 2017
This is my 3 years in marriage. My only regret is that I married late, at the age of 30

For me below are my reasons!

stay married because my wife is not perfect, she prays, challenges, motivate, inspire and encourage me for higher heights. If my wife motivate you, you will go to hell and beat the devil and back.

I save and invest unlike when I was single

Responsibilities has forced me to be responsible

She is God's sent to me.

She is a good mother to my kids.

And lastly, it is more economic to be married than being single.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by robosky02(m): 9:46am On Jun 06, 2017
7 Desirable Benefits of Marriage for Men (even women too)

Being happily married is not only a joy and pleasure, but in fact it can also include some desirable health benefits! Whether it is physical, emotional or mental health, the benefits of being happily married are undeniable.

The converse is also true, that an unhappy marriage is generally detrimental to one’s health. Ongoing dissatisfaction and unresolved issues tend to have a devastating effect on physical and mental health over the long run. So if good health is your goal, as it surely is for all of us, then consider these five benefits which you can enjoy as you work towards making your marriage relationship as satisfying and rewarding as it can be.

1. The benefit of stability

When you have a happy marriage where both partners are fully committed to one another for life, then there will be the benefit of a sense of stability. You will not be constantly worrying and wondering if or when the relationship is not going to work out. You can relax and concentrate on reaching your mutual and individual goals, knowing that you have the rest of your lives to spend together. This sense of stability tends to lower the tension and stress levels in the relationship which in turn reduces the risk or likelihood of stress-related illnesses or heart attacks and strokes. Those in a stable relationship are also less likely to engage in dangerous or risky behaviour as they have that deep inner resource of responsibility which makes them want to stay safe and healthy for the sake of their spouse and family. The feelings of safety, security and stability, which are present in a good relationship, make a large contribution towards the health benefits of marriage.

2. The benefit of accountability

Accountability often has a negative connotation, but in this context it can certainly be one of the benefits of marriage and long-term relationships. Knowing that there is someone to see whether or not you have that second helping, and whether or not you take your supplements and do your exercises, can be a great incentive and motivation for keeping healthy. It is also more fun doing it together, as you spur one another on at the gym, or on the bicycle, running, swimming, walking or whatever it is you choose to do to keep fit. And if one of you is feeling a sick, the other will notice and get you into bed or to the doctor if necessary. For those of us who are stubborn and insist that “I’m fine” even when we are sick, having a spouse who keeps us accountable can be a real blessing and health benefit. Without this good kind of accountability, it is much easier to let things slip and in turn our health can suffer and deteriorate.

3. The benefit of emotional support

One of the most helpful and important marriage health benefits is emotional support. When one spouse does happen to become ill, the other is there to take care of them and nurse them back to good health. Studies have shown that those who are in a loving marriage relationship generally have a shorter recovery time. Happily married people are also less likely to develop chronic conditions and it has even been suggested that the immune system is improved. Should one spouse require any major surgery or treatment, the trauma of such things can be greatly reduced by knowing that they have a loving spouse at their side, patiently waiting for them when they come through the ordeal.

4. The benefit of peaceful sleep

Sleep is such an essential requirement for good health, and lack of adequate sleep can be the cause of any number of health issues. According to surveys which have been done, happily married women tend to enjoy deeper sleep than their single counterparts. This may certainly be linked to enjoying loving sexual intimacy, which is safe and healthy. In a monogamous relationship where husband and wife are faithful to one another there is no fear of contracting unwanted infections and STD’s. The benefit of peaceful sleep for both spouses is a good foundation for an overall sense of well being and good health.

5. The benefit of ageing gracefully

The beneficial effects of marriage on health have also been linked to longevity and being able to age gracefully, and happily married couples are less likely to die prematurely. The ageing process is inevitable as the years slip by, and besides taking any necessary medications, having a loving and supportive marriage relationship can go an immeasurably long way towards easing that process. So if you want to significantly reduce your medical bills, why not make your marriage relationship a serious priority? As you and your spouse focus on strengthening your marriage, by being loving, faithful, and truthful to one another, you will surely find that your health and happiness will increase accordingly as you enjoy these five desirable health benefits of marriage, and much more.

6. Keep You Out of Trouble
According to a recent U.S. Department of Justice report, male victims of violent crime are nearly four times more likely to be single than married. marriage makes you consider your family before you take any step

7. sexual Satisfy You in Bed

Most unmarried people suffer from various ailments because they lack regular sex. marriage offers you the opportunity to enjoy your spouse sexually without fear of STDs or guilt or committing sin of fornication or adultery . Regular sex has many benefits, as you will learn today.

Yvonne K. Fulbright says “Sexually active people take fewer sick days,” So Oga and Madam stop cheating yourself. Sex is not a negotiation tool in marriage. Have sex with your spouse and be healthy.

Benefit Number i: Improves bladder control for madam- Good sex is like a workout for your pelvic floor muscles. When you have an orgasm, it causes contractions in those muscles, which strengthens them.

Benefit Number ii: Lowers Your Blood Pressure- Researchers have proven that sexual intercourse specifically lowered systolic blood pressure.

Benefit Number iii: Boosts Your Libido- For men, having sex regularly with your spouse will give you more vitality and help you last long in bed. For women, having sex ups vaginal lubrication, blood flow, and elasticity, she says, all of which make sex feel better and help you crave more of it.

Benefit Number iv: Boosts your immune system- Couples who have sex have higher levels of what defends your body against germs, viruses, and other intruders. Researchers have discovered that couples who had sex once or twice a week had higher levels of the a certain antibody that protects the body.

Benefit Number v: Sex is Exercise- Sex reduces calories. Also experts say it encourages healthy heartbeats and blood circulation. It also stretches your muscles.

Benefit Number vi: Reduces the risk of prostate Cancer- A recent study shows that men who ejaculated frequently, were less likely to get prostate cancer.

Benefit Number vii: Lowers Heart Attack Risk- Having sex more often may help. During one study, men who had sex at least twice a week were half as likely to die of heart disease as men who had sex rarely.

Benefit Number viii: Eases stress and Improves Sleep- After sex, all your body muscles relax and your system goes into relax mode. You can easily nod off.

cc: Oyindidi,
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by cadesky(m): 9:49am On Jun 06, 2017
Lemme com and be going, since d question is 4 MARRIED men
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Exciton(m): 9:51am On Jun 06, 2017
banmee:

What am i enjoying? Plenty. Been married almost 20 years and it's like we just met yesterday. It's simple really. Just make sure that elements of what you like in your spouse are there before you marry him/her. For me it was kindness, sexual compatibility, and being pleasing to the eye. One very important factor in a marriage is sexual compatibility. As the years go by it gets harder and harder to keep up so you got to spice it up. I love the way my wife still looks almost the same way she did when we met. Flat tummy and all. It's just crazy. She is probably one of the most beautiful women in the world. I am a health nut and so is she. I can run a 2 mile in 15 minute but she does it in 14. That's how fit she is. At 40 fa. Not many 20 years olds can do that. To add honey to the tea, she's gave me 3 strapping boys who are guaranteed to be super models when they grow up if they so choose. Hehehehehe grin. Seriously though, if i had to do it over again, i'd marry her in a heartbeat.

That being said; we fight on occasion. Marriage is not a bed of roses. The most important thing to realize is that things like that will happen. Think about it; if you can fight with your siblings then you can definitely have one with your spouse. Some days i'd feel like choking her out when she starts pissing me off but when i compare her abnormal days to her normal days it's pretty much 90/10 with 90 being her good days.

I'm in my late twenties. I run an 8 minute mile once a week at least and I feel like dying after every run. While your 40+ wife does 2 miles in 14 mins. Are you sure it's miles or kilometers? There's a huge difference.

Maybe, you guys don't live in Naija (i.e exposed to constant exercise since you were young, have the opportunity to follow strict diet etc) or you are both professional athletes. I don't see another way!

1 Like

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Realhommie(m): 9:56am On Jun 06, 2017
GogobiriLalas:
Nothing...the only reason you hear other men telling you to get married and blah blah blah is because misery loves company
This is funny i swear.. Lol

1 Like

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by delishpot: 10:01am On Jun 06, 2017
Godfullsam:
D only reason why I am still married is because of my beautiful sharp and wonderful daughter.

She is the only joy I have in my marriage right now.

Awwww! Is it hard for men to find good wives these days or is it that men do not understand that marriage is a commitment not just bringing in a woman into the house and feeding and clothing her and then expect her to just serve you as payment? I beleive that most men see marriage to mean bring in a wonan, feed and clothe her and buy her nice things and that is all there is to it. Just like a wife simply just cooking, cleaning and giving you sex on demand doesnt make her a good wife. There are some soul binding and critical situation moments couples who love each other have to share and settle.
Many people(esp men) dont get told that marriage is demanding and can sometimes limit ones moves. When men and women realise the impirtance of standing firmly by each other(not expecting one to stand firm in support while you run around pleasing only yourself) marriages would become blessings.
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Godfullsam(m): 10:11am On Jun 06, 2017
delishpot:

Awwww! Is it hard for men to find good wives these days or is it that men do not understand that marriage is a commitment not just bringing in a woman into the house and feeding and clothing her and then expect her to just serve you as payment? I beleive that most men see marriage to mean bring in a wonan, feed and clothe her and buy her nice things and that is all there is to it. Just like a wife simply just cooking, cleaning and giving you sex on demand doesnt make her a good wife. There are some soul binding and critical situation moments couples who love each other have to share and settle.
Many people(esp men) dont get told that marriage is demanding and can sometimes limit ones moves. When men and women realise the impirtance of standing firmly by each other(not expecting one to stand firm in support while you run around pleasing only yourself) marriages would become blessings.

It is very to run ur fingers around the keyboard and type episodes.

It is not that easy in reality. Get that into ur head..

1 Like

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by delishpot: 10:14am On Jun 06, 2017
Godfullsam:

It is very to run ur fingers around the keyboard and type episodes.

It is not that easy in reality. Get that into ur head..

I am married. Been married for 11 years. I clearly said both parties need to work in keeping a marriage going. What did I say wrong again?

2 Likes

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Vindica: 10:22am On Jun 06, 2017
Hmmmm great thread.,.I pray God give me the bone of my bone
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by PastorAji(m): 10:23am On Jun 06, 2017
You took the words from my mouth

Even when i was down, she was the one who has been there (with God on our side)

Though we always have issues but, it is always resolved whenever i see the smile on her face.

walahi i don grow lean.....why I am not with my wife and my boy......

PS All those people shouting "this your child is troublesome bla bla bla......is liable to live a long life"
abescom:
I have been married for a little less than two years. The benefits are awesome.

1. Marriage gives me the assurance of a better future. I am a team player and my wife seems to have complemented me a lot in this aspect. She gives me the energy to keep going. She is like a torchlight into the future for me.

2. As all women are, my wife is so annoying but for the most part for the best. She gets the best of out me and knows how to help put my anger in check.

3. No more laulau spending. We building a future.

4. Some will be hypocritcal about this. But truth is I was depressive before we got married but she has helped fight that. Not by doing anything really but the more thoughts of her and my daughter gives me hope that I am going places.

5. Before I got married, I average between 700k to 1m per month in profit. I make less but have more than. I make less as I have to now combine with school. But we surprisingly have more. Part of what almost turned me to a pyscaritic patient.

6. I enjoy the thought of going out and knowing my wife and my daughter will welcome me home. You just give me an appointment then watch how I will lose interest in it all once it is approaching 6pm and I am not done with you.

7. My daughter. Just have a child first to understand this benefit.

8. My health became better because I all of a sudden became grateful and while being grateful I forgot my past hurts, I forgot how life was unfair to me. She opened my eyes.

9. My in laws. Nuff said on this benefit.

1 Like

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by multicolored(f): 10:41am On Jun 06, 2017
Am searching too.
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by banmee(m): 11:10am On Jun 06, 2017
Exciton:

I'm in my late twenties. I run an 8 minute mile once a week at least and I feel like dying after every run. While your 40+ wife does 2 miles in 14 mins. Are you sure it's miles or kilometers? There's a huge difference.

Maybe, you guys don't live in Naija (i.e exposed to constant exercise since you were young, have the opportunity to follow strict diet etc) or you are both professional athletes. I don't see another way!

It's miles and I am a soldier
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by VitaminB12(m): 11:12am On Jun 06, 2017
tuscani:
big amen. I do not even wish my enemy this. But in praying, remember : laborare est orare
Are you an Ex-Seminarian? That maxim was our watchword back in those days "to work is to pray"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by nnacent(m): 11:26am On Jun 06, 2017
Every marriage is as good as the kind(quality) of persons involved. Hence no one size fits all.

Simple advice for all intending to enter.

1. what is your interpersonal skills like?
2. How tolerant are you?
3. How much desirable qualities do you have?

If you score low in these, u may have to wait till you mature to avoid stories that touch the heart.
I realized most marriages become blessings after year 8-10. not necessarily because it has become ''sweet" but because
the couple has learnt to manage each other. This does not mean that they may not be grooming the next set of nincompoops.

In summary, adequately prepare for marriage and all will be fine in the long run.
I am satisfied with my marriage even with all its challenges, some self inflicted, others from spouse and family/in-laws.

yet i am better of married.

1 Like

Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 11:49am On Jun 06, 2017
tuscani:
Sorrow, tears and blood

If U believe that U can repair Ur home for good, It will workout for U.
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Exciton(m): 11:56am On Jun 06, 2017
banmee:

It's miles and I am a soldier

Damn! Time to adjust my target.
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by banmee(m): 11:58am On Jun 06, 2017
Exciton:

Damn! Time to adjust my target.

Lol....
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by Ginaz(f): 12:01pm On Jun 06, 2017
robotix:

Ginaz Ginaz Ginaz Ginaz... how many times did I call you?

It's four times, and why? Are you calling from your koven? undecided
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by robotix: 12:06pm On Jun 06, 2017
Ginaz:

It's four times, and why? Are you calling from your koven? undecided
pick my call ooo
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by OLUJOSHINS(m): 12:07pm On Jun 06, 2017
timilehin007:

I can relate very well blv me...just like you, my cute little daughter is still d reason y I am enduring...
Kó easy rara in my next life, if by chance I come again I would just get a surrogate mother to bear my babies they wouldn't be plan for marriage..not in another life time

U can still enjoy Ur marriage. if only; U believe U can repair it.
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by sisisioge: 12:08pm On Jun 06, 2017
judgedredd22:

mmhhhh..... i read through your diary! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

your kolomental is quite sexy and alluring! grin grin grin grin grin between you and ishilove i don't know who is worse! cheesy cheesy

soooo..... errrmmmm..... babe how far na?

grin grin grin you're a clown!
Re: Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? by mecussey(m): 12:19pm On Jun 06, 2017
Godfullsam:
D only reason why I am still married is because of my beautiful sharp and wonderful daughter.

She is the only joy I have in my marriage right now.

Chai why na...your wife dey give you headache...?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photo Of The Day: When Your Wife Earns More Than You. / I Am Beginning To Hate My Mother!!! / Expecting A New Baby , Need Shopping List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.