Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,490 members, 7,830,477 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] (50135 Views)

Preparation Of Powerful Charms With Live Chameleon In My Shrine [Video] / Ifa Divination For A Client In My Shrine / See The Ebo "Sacrifice" I Offered To Esu In My Shrine [photos] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Nobody: 4:38am On Jun 05, 2017
def111:

nairaland don strong now oh.... everybody can advert his own workshop free of charge.

The thing has become worrisome...sotey they go about attacking people who don't tow their line of thought.

If you don't want to be questioned move out of the FP.
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by hodusglobal(m): 4:57am On Jun 05, 2017
AkinPhysicist:

So you left your tradition and embraced a white man or Arab man's tradition. You are a fool.
What's your tradition? Did I tell you that am related to any of the gods, my own God is the creator of everything and he's the merciful. So, go and sit down.
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Onedibe1: 4:59am On Jun 05, 2017
Babalawos:
Ogbó Ató

Yes when it is fully consecrated and No when it is not consecrated. A quack or an amateur or a fake babalawo will give you a non-consecrated Opon Ifá which can only be used for entertainment / educational purpose but a renowned babalawo will never give you non-consecrated Opon Ifá because of the risk that goes with it. Because African Tradition Religion is very spiritual.

An Opon Ifá is a divination tray used in Ifá divination and other purposes.

We use the Opon Ifá whenever we want to communicate with the spirits who are able to identify the causes and solutions to personal and collective problems and restore harmony with the spirits.

Opon Ifás are flat and usually circular, between about 6 and 18 inches in diameter, with a raised outer edge carved with figures, objects or geometric designs.

Opon Ifás may also be rectangular, semi-circular or an approximate square.

The top of the tray is called the head, and the bottom, the foot - the latter is typically placed closest to the diviner.

At the head is generally carved with a representation of Esu, the messenger of Ifá and the other spirits.

Certain trays may have additional representations of Esu and trays with two, four, eight and even sixteen faces have been seen.

I attached the photograph of Opon Ifá to my comment.

Thank you for reading, leave a comment

Babalawos

Ofe mmanu spotted..
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Nobody: 4:59am On Jun 05, 2017
How does worshipping these deities make humanity better? All I see is "if you want" this or that, if everyone gets what they want wouldn't we all be living in a self destructive world filled with selfish people

God of mercy and compassion look with pity upon us

1 Like

Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Dicksonpal: 5:09am On Jun 05, 2017
orisa ibeji, edan too is very powerful...but Jesus got me
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Larrykaysail(m): 5:14am On Jun 05, 2017
tollytexy:

Are u a Jehovah Witness by Faith

Jehovah Witness i was shock to see my JW friend in Cele church... and he will keep moving around with Awake and watch tower. ...
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Nobody: 5:32am On Jun 05, 2017
It's better you set aside all these idiots and worship the only true God Allah who is the most merciful and the gracious and not all these things you carved yourself and worship like mumu. It's better late than never

1 Like

Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by walosky(m): 6:10am On Jun 05, 2017
This babalawo must be a graduate o....nice constructed English. Our Ancestors don dey do Mature programmes in the great beyond

Anyway sha....I need correct score for Bet9ja

1 Like

Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by whitebeard(m): 6:18am On Jun 05, 2017
Dalek:

face ur religion and let others worship whom/what and how they like. #LiveAndLetLive.

we are all humans b4 religion.....
we were also humans before tradition.!
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by whitebeard(m): 6:22am On Jun 05, 2017
AbakalikiPress:
Hypocritical christians and muslims everywhere.
They don't see any problem with it when their so called God asked a man to take his son to an alter for human sacrifice, but are condemning simple ebo. What did they think jews were doing to their Yahweh when they were killing lambs and goats and spilling the blood on their yeye alters if not ebo?

Aboru Aboye baba!
when was the last time u went to church not temple...

Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by ipobarecriminals: 6:25am On Jun 05, 2017
AkinPhysicist:
Wonderful thread. Make I park here. I am a die-hard fan of our culture and traditions. E ku ise o!
welcome jare
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Luvdk(f): 6:26am On Jun 05, 2017
Dalek:

face ur religion and let others worship whom/what and how they like. #LiveAndLetLive.

we are all humans b4 religion.....
one free night 4you
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by GMbuharii: 6:27am On Jun 05, 2017
AbakalikiPress:
They don't see any problem with it when their so called God asked a man to take his son to an alter for human sacrifice, but are condemning simple ebo. What did they think jews were doing to their Yahweh when they were killing lambs and goats and spilling the blood on their yeye alters if not ebo?

Aboru Aboye baba!

everybody knows you just wanna lash out and bash God and christians...no need to pretend and stylishly say "hypocritical muslims..." and not a single word thereafter.
Mock God @ur own peril. Kwantinu,baba ebonyi... grin
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Mcreloaded(m): 6:29am On Jun 05, 2017
All these ebos in junctions end up smelling real bad that one has to hold its breath when passing and 3 or 4 junction, something needs to be done about this as it is improper.
Now a days native doctors have so packaged them selves especially in Edo state that you see them in suits and carry laptops about so why can't these sacrifices be done online as it will bring about more patronage

1 Like

Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by ipobarecriminals: 6:29am On Jun 05, 2017
grin grin angry embarassed cool wink grin grin cheesy[quote author=AkinPhysicist post=57201441]
Go and open your own thread. We are not interested.
[b]Ifa a gbawa o![
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Hydrolysis(m): 6:38am On Jun 05, 2017
Sparkle777:

Tnx. Am an igbo Christian woman but this are almost the same thing one sees in the village shrine. Are they (igbo and yoruba gods) same gods?.
Also, I want to know from ur perspective, why ppl think traditional worship is evil.
for you to think that traditional worship is not evil even as a Christian you claim that means you really need Jesus in your life
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Kay25(m): 6:43am On Jun 05, 2017
My only comment is JESUS is the way and he is greater than all these ebos wey rat go chop am at the end of the day.HE has sacrificed himself once and for all why don't you take that opportunity and stop wasting your money on those dolls painted with red oils..HE loves u come to him today thank u.
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Sparkle777(f): 7:03am On Jun 05, 2017
Hydrolysis:

for you to think that traditional worship is not evil even as a Christian you claim that means you really need Jesus in your life

What are you talking about? If my family have been worshipping idols for many generations, dnt u think I should know how it went? Dnt u think my great grand mother who worshipped some other gods deserves to go to heaven?
Anyway, why bother wt u. Am here to learn.
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Nobody: 7:04am On Jun 05, 2017
What a funny way of life!!!!Why can't we all live and let others live?The white really did a great job brain washing Africans.....Yet the whites do their things and get away with it....I really do not blame anyone bashing the OP,it takes understanding and patience to understand the words of the Gods!!!I am a Christian but I practice traditional religion,I have come to know that we all serve one God!!!!take away the church and mosque and you will realize that we are all one!!!

4 Likes

Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Sparkle777(f): 7:06am On Jun 05, 2017
omohayek:

I see that no one else has bothered to answer your question: the answer is, yes, the Yoruba "Orisha" belief system is the same as the "Olise/Orise/Oritse/Olisa" of the Edos and the Igbos, and they all derive from the same shared ancestral roots, just as "Ifa", "Iha" and "Afa" divination systems all date back to a time before Edo, Igbo and Yoruba became different languages.

Thanks, it's good to know.
If for thousands of generation our ppl worshipped thence, does it mean that they will all go to Hell considering that they do not know abt Jesus simply because no one told them.
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Prosperkaro(m): 7:07am On Jun 05, 2017
Babalawos:
Àború Aboye

You can private me on https://www.nairaland.com/babalawos or http://www.facebook.com/Ifapriests

Babalawos

already sent you a pm.
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Immorttal: 7:07am On Jun 05, 2017
Sparkle777:

Tnx. Am an igbo Christian woman but this are almost the same thing one sees in the village shrine. Are they (igbo and yoruba gods) same gods?.
Also, I want to know from ur perspective, why ppl think traditional worship is evil.
my sister, they are not evil oo, it is the work of nollywood. Nollywood promote chriatianity that was given to us by the whitemen but condemn our traditional religion as evil.

3 Likes

Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Sparkle777(f): 7:09am On Jun 05, 2017
KingsleyTMTTM:
I salute ur maturity Sparkle777 , some people here are just dumb.
he didn't insult any religion or any God, besides traditional worshippers are already worshiping God before Christianity was introduce.
am here to learn, if you don't like why bother to open the thread and comment

Exactly, some issues are meant to be understood besides it's good to know how our forebears lived bf Christianity.

1 Like

Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by nkpommpko(m): 7:13am On Jun 05, 2017
AbakalikiPress:

Aboru Aboye baba!
they have refined their own refine your. Times have changed.
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Dalek(m): 7:14am On Jun 05, 2017
Luvdk:
one free night 4you

hahahaha, maybe I will just take u up on dat offer cheesy
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Dalek(m): 7:15am On Jun 05, 2017
whitebeard:
we were also humans before tradition.!

well said...
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Luvdk(f): 7:16am On Jun 05, 2017
Dalek:

hahahaha, maybe I will just take u up on dat offer cheesy
Lol
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Sparkle777(f): 7:16am On Jun 05, 2017
Immorttal:
my sister, they are not evil oo, it is the work of nollywood. Nollywood promote chriatianity that was given to us by the whitemen but condemn our traditional religion as evil.

You know one thing I ve observed, there's evil everywhere. Take a look at our modern churches now, we have some Pastors and prophets that use evil powers, some even go to the extent of using their members destinies and sealing their fates, I have seen wickedness in churches. Am sure it was so in days past where evil entered our fathers. Some did evil while some were good.

3 Likes

Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Immorttal: 7:17am On Jun 05, 2017
hodusglobal:
Don't salute any gods except the Almighty GOD.
and his name is what, jehovah? RUBBISH!
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Ajaodolapo(m): 7:19am On Jun 05, 2017
iukpe:
The best thing that we Africans can do in this modern age is to study these things which our fathers believed in and derive special or perhaps scientific theories from them all, since our fore fathers were not educated enough to research on them, today people are educated enough to find a truly analytical approach to the study of these things for the future of Africa.
We cannot have everything foreign. China, India, Japan, America, Korea all have developed their technology themselves based on their believes.
u r a very sensible person. We may not agree with the belief system,bt it'll be very stupid to castigated them as evil. Y do Europeans still study the Greek and roman mythology? One is considered knowledgeable when he makes reference to these mythologies in a speech. If Africans can go back to study, even if it's just for educational purposes, we wuld realise that out forefathers are not as dumb as the imperialist proclaimed them to be.
Re: Powerful Ebos (sacrifices) At The Back Of My Shrine [picture] by Nobody: 7:20am On Jun 05, 2017
We have Christians, atheist, Muslims ,and now traditional worshippers, cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Madam Titi Surrenders To Jesus In The Lords Chosen, Testifies In Church (Video) / Pastor Ejike Nwachukwu Rejects SUV And ₦4million From Suspected Fraudsters / Nigerian Church Uses Nicki Minaj's Photo In Relationship Seminar Poster

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.