Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,737 members, 7,824,089 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:31 PM

Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality - Romance (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality (48101 Views)

There Is Nothing Like A Broke, Lazy Good Man / Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Huge Man And His Pretty, Endowed Fiancée / There's Nothing Like "Broke Girl",The Term "Broke" Only Applies To Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Oyindidi(f): 11:14am On Jun 20, 2017
sekxy:

thought I'm the only one..sadly these guys that we give attention here don't even worth it...u hardly see responsible guys comment on romance section
There lot of responsible guys there, I interact with the matured ones and play around with the kids
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by lexy2014: 11:14am On Jun 20, 2017
sarahade:

No where.
so what was d fuss in d first place?

3 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by FTrebirth(m): 11:15am On Jun 20, 2017
Decryptor:

YOUR COUSIN f*cked you and that it was the best f*ck in your life! YOUR OWN COUSIN! Abomination!!

www.nairaland.com/attachments/5524914_1r6wd1_jpegde5bc5d0d99d37666e80a84daecc7a7b

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Daboomb: 11:15am On Jun 20, 2017
FX:
How can your boobs be sagged already and you are still a virgin. It a very rare case. What and who sagged them for you shocked shocked shocked shocked grin

What women of today do sexually, even before they are 16yrs, our Mothers never even attempted half of it, with 10yrs of marriage!

As pertinent as that question is, can we live 'Instruments' out of this discussion please.

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Tayeni(m): 11:15am On Jun 20, 2017
monex:
there are so many variants of feminism. well for me, when i talk about gender equality, I talk about equality in dignity and opportunities. I do not mean that women should be encouraged to be men. We all have our roles/obligations to society and these roles aren't same.

it is societal stereotypes (including the some variants of feminism) that makes certain roles women are naturally inclined to play look like inferior roles.

Instead of society to glorify roles like nurturing children that women are naturally gifted towards, society (including some feminists) make it look like the woman is a slave and needs to be empowered to seat at board rooms etc.

I know a girl who quit her job in Nigerian Breweries to teach and nurture orphaned down syndrome kids. That's an empowered lady !!!
I think what every lady should demand from their society is the assurance that her options are open and with no restrictions or glass ceilings whichever path yiu decide to toe. Whether you choose to be a stay at home mom or a boardroom lady, you should support this.
In Nigeria though, more women are needed in productive or economic endeavors. And men should see this not as a threat to their existence or selfworth. Men should have more confidence to accept this. I think rejection of this comes from a place of insecurity.

3 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:16am On Jun 20, 2017
Tayeni:
My guy....in a lot of places and situations...women are discriminated against in the African culture.... even the first world is not "unguilty"of this. This appears in different forms and degrees in different cultures....take for example Saudi Arabia where women until recently were not allowed to vote or drive a car.
Even America allowed suffrage just close to the middle of last century.....so its an ingoing process. You can liken it to the black American situation before The civil rights activism pushed back segregation to an extent.

These rights won't be given without activism and some form of resistance or some form of affirmative action(ministry of women's affairs like you mentioned)
Sanusi said something sometime ago to the effect that; a society that fails to harness the potential of its female population and restricts them to domestic capacity, will achieve half its potential because half of its population is redundant.
Personally I won't raise a daughter with the mindset the OP operates from. I will never give her the chance or treat her to think of herself as a lesser form of human. I will teach her to respect everybody and demand respect as well.
teach her not to be apologetic about being intelligent.
Teach her to pursue her dreams and aspirations no matter how non conforming to the patriarchal expectations of the society.

God bless u
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 20, 2017
Oyindidi:
There lot of responsible guys there, I interact with the matured ones and play around with the kids
lolz
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:18am On Jun 20, 2017
Okies27:
. The word "gender equality" should not have been coined in the first place. There are lots of women in the same field /profession as men: doctors, engineers, teachers, lawyers and what have you. Me think women should just channel their energy to the betterment of the society, husbands etc. Like someone rightly pointed one, a woman should be submissive and let the man do the loving. There's no point trying to be a man. All this feminism n gender equality bullshit should stop.
Take for instance, if a woman becomes the breadwinner of her home for a long time, there's bound to be quarrel with the husband cos she's a woman but a man does for it in his entire life time with love without bathing an eyelid... Do you know why? Because that's what God created him to do/be..
Woman,just be a woman and let the men be men and the world(infact naija) will be a better place.
Today, it's slay queen n mama everywhere. Many single mothers everywhere cos they this issues get a better of them.
In the bid to Tutor Grown ass women on what they SHOULD be doing, I couldn't help but notice your self absorbed male ego Taking over the place... little wonder who make you Judge, jury and Executioner? oh, I forgot! It's an inherent Quality you must posses, Because well, You own a Pènis, and I don't. grin

look Oga, you don't have no right to tell women how and how Not to live their lives. they aren't puppets, kids... they are humans and should be responsible for whatever decision they take.

You mentioned Baby-mamaism and left the tiny detail Culminating Procreation. in other for there to be a BabyMama, there has to be a BabyDaddy. but you were so Quick to point Judgy fingers at the woman, because well, Nature has made it possible for us to harness the little testosterone in us, to Create Sperms..

and oh, Gender equality and feminism isn't stopping anytime soon. if it's peppering You, drink water. it's My religion. smiley grin

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by NairalandCS(m): 11:19am On Jun 20, 2017
Cinderella5:
those of you with empty pockets like such threads

Is it wrong for someone to share same opinion with someone else ?

I just tire for una.

To agree with somebody now don mean say we ugly and broke. SMH.
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by gokuu(m): 11:21am On Jun 20, 2017
And as most of it is done with Men, then;

Daboomb:

What womenmen of today do sexually, even before they are 16yrs, our MothersFathers never even attempted half of it, with 10yrs of marriage!

As pertinent as that question is, can we live 'Instruments' out of this discussion please.
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by FTrebirth(m): 11:21am On Jun 20, 2017
Evaberry:

hahahaha I swear u r jobless.
dear I was only trying to prove a point
yinmu jhur
exactly what point were you "trying to prove" citing your cousin brother as your ex-fvckmate?

i thought that dude was joking until i saw the screenshot. angry undecided

6 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by lexy2014: 11:21am On Jun 20, 2017
Pidgin2:

He's not female. Anyone can claim male or female here the only way we can verify is by actually seeing the person physically. No real female will write that nonsense except the ones desperately lookin for husbands on nairaland
OK oh...but that doesn't invalidate d position of d OP. what does is u showing d way by setting d record straight, puncturing his/her view points with ur own facts. but just resigning and saying "its not a female" doesn't change anything

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:22am On Jun 20, 2017
MarieSucre:

What does men's world consist of that women cannot get?
Good morning sis,
There are lot of things that men do that women may not be able to do or struggle to do better than men

For example physical activities
Have you ever wondered why certain sports have different set of rule for male and female

Yes woman also have where they have competitive advantage

3 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by donqx: 11:28am On Jun 20, 2017
true
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by lexy2014: 11:29am On Jun 20, 2017
lovethchioma:
The Op just exposed how unlearned she is about certain things. Always try to read and make your research before opening a thread about a topic you obviously know nothing about.

if u feel she is ignorant, y not use this platform 2 educate her on how best this issue should b approached. Cos I don't c much of any information from u ladies who don't like what d OP said

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by NairalandCS(m): 11:31am On Jun 20, 2017
Separating fights here like

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Daboomb: 11:31am On Jun 20, 2017
Tayeni:
I think what every lady should demand from their society is the assurance that her options are open and with no restrictions or glass ceilings whichever path yiu decide to toe. Whether you choose to be a stay at home mom or a boardroom lady, you should support this.
In Nigeria though, more women are needed in productive or economic endeavors. And men should see this not as a threat to their existence or selfworth. Men should have more confidence to accept this. I think rejection of this comes from a place of insecurity.

People like you are neither here nor there! Daft and shallow.

Men are not threatened by anything as you want to think (maybe you, sha)

When you say "More Women" are needed in productive and economic sectors, are you trying to LIMIT the participation of Men in such sectors?
- Are you saying Women have been "actively prevented" from participating in those Sectors?
- How does Women participating in Productive and Economic sectors, threaten Men?
- Should Men be prevented from participating in such Sectors simply because you want to force Women (most of whom are unwilling) to bemore in those Sectors?

Men are where they are today, because they worked hard, worked Smart and showed intelligence plus persistence.
Women will go only as far as their INTELLIGENCE and HARD-WORK can get them..... not by begging or trying to force Men to dash them anything

Men like you have a warped sense of patriotism towards women and you spew nonsense, just to gain the acceptance of women.
Stop these pandering to kitten, it is just a fleeting feeling undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Sterope(f): 11:35am On Jun 20, 2017
You are the first analyst who thinks Hilary lost because of gender.

Wow!

BekeeBuAgbara:
Have you forgotten that Madeleine Albright apologized for making such senseless statement? Which is one of the reasons Hilary lost the election, you don't bully people to submission.
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by lexy2014: 11:35am On Jun 20, 2017
Estharfabian:
Exactly. gender Equity is Condescending to the female folks.

what Equity simply means:
Because the Female gene is handicapped by Sheer nature. females are Second fiddle to men, Sub-humans and So must be aided to reach Human Status.

Gender Equality: Give them equal Opportunities, let Nature decide their strengths.

"Gender Equality: Give them equal Opportunities, let Nature decide their strengths".

I c d word " Give".it got my attention. let me ask who is responsible 4 this "Give"?

3 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:36am On Jun 20, 2017
[quote author=Prettyhurts post=57677920]

'Their is nothing like His House in marriage, it is their home.'[quote] madam you are still in dreamland if you are clinging to that phrase,...of course if I had a sister or sibling that is a female,I will advice her to show her love to her husband by giving him total respect and submission,gender equality implies to having the same shot at ambitions and dreams,but that shouldn't be mis interpreted with Sharing the same responsibility with a man in a marriage,or having the same say with a man in a marriage,.that is feminism,its high time our women stop mistaking the two concept,..you want a husband that shows is love by caring and been responsible,but you want to return your own love by having an ego and been arrogant,..who does that sad

3 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Daboomb: 11:37am On Jun 20, 2017
lexy2014:
OK oh...but that doesn't invalidate d position of d OP. what does is u showing d way by setting d record straight, puncturing his/her view points with ur own facts. but just resigning and saying "its not a female" doesn't change anything

Dont mind them, instead of focusing on the message, they try to attack the messenger!

When the message soothes them, she is a "real woman", one of their own.
When the message hits a raw nerve, she must be a man in disguise.

Clowns

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by lexy2014: 11:40am On Jun 20, 2017
Daboomb:

Dont mind them, instead of focusing on the message, they try to attack the messenger!

When the message soothes them, she is a "real woman", one of their own.
When the message hits a raw nerve, she must be a man in disguise.

Clowns
my brother no b small thing

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Daboomb: 11:41am On Jun 20, 2017
lexy2014:

"Gender Equality: Give them equal Opportunities, let Nature decide their strengths".

I c d word " Give".it got my attention. let me ask who is responsible 4 this "Give"?

Opportunities abound everywhere like FREE AIR.

It is NOT GIVEN.... it is TAKEN by those who are intelligent, persistent, hard-working and have a vision.

MEN generally, have shown a tenacity to TAKE opportunity, by working hard for it.
They do not wait for Women to give it to them on a platter of gold.

Women too should do the same, because they have what it takes to do it as well.
It is all these "opportunistic Women, lazy bones and unintelligent nitwits" who are shouting GENDER EQUALITY, instead of stepping up their game. angry angry

To such Women, having "a set of Boobs and a female organ" qualifies them for every other thing a Man has worked hard for!
Numbskulls.

5 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:41am On Jun 20, 2017
AHCB:
heights? Heights such as what and what, kindly elucidate further so we won't dive into an ocean full of abstract ideas.
the society we found ourselves in as ingrained male supremacy in almost all facet. so it is expected of them to be in the forefront always. there are to do this, and that. Learn this and that. wield this, and that. we are supposed to be subservient, Submissive, receptive...

if they do not take the lead on certain areas, we dare not take the lead, because well, We are harbour A Vagina.

I really do not want to go all personal with this. it's something you are well aware of. the status quo is and has always been skewed against women.
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:42am On Jun 20, 2017
lovelygurl:

http://www.cosmopolitan.com/health-fitness/advice/a3182/vagina-facts-0110/
if you already have a Dunlop slippers breast and extra large vigina,or in case you have someone close that does,.."shakes head",just jejely know that it would be very difficult to keep your/her man in your/her relationship(also implies to your/her marriage)...I know,its a bitter pill to swallow,but the truth must be told to shame the devil

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:43am On Jun 20, 2017
proudafrogal:

so your problem is the term "gender equality "?
equality is achieved by removing barrier that limit people and allowing them to reach their full potential through equity.

gender equity is a means to an end
Explain better plz, what bareier are u talking about?

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Melonny(m): 11:44am On Jun 20, 2017
chisco82:

And when you re going out on a date will you expect the man to come and open the car door for you in the name of being romantic?
If your explanation is what gender equality is all about then Man is not expected to pay bride price, Man is should no longer be the head of the home and Man should not be call upon to defend his family.
I believe what we should be discusing is equity, thats better explain what you wrote up there.
You can never give another meaning to the word "GENDER EQUALITY"
lol. Payment of bride price is a tradition.. I think we should look up the meaning of right, opportunity and responsibility.
As a man, when you wait for a woman to be responsible for defending the family, Is that one a man? I am not saying a woman can't defend her family.
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:47am On Jun 20, 2017
computerboy:

Lol.... so you're being treated like an animal now? If I may ask, who treats you like an animal?

I'm not From the North, I'm only speaking out for my sisters there and others who are being treated less than humans
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 11:48am On Jun 20, 2017
lexy2014:

the ones holding the power to 'give'..... smiley
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Tayeni(m): 11:52am On Jun 20, 2017
Daboomb:

Men are where they are today, because they worked hard, worked Smart and showed intelligence plus persistence.
Women will go only as far as their INTELLIGENCE and HARD-WORK can get them..... not by begging or trying to force Men to dash them anything[/color].

Men like you have a warped sense of patriotism towards women and you spew nonsense, just to gain the acceptance of women.
Stop these pandering to kitten, it is just a fleeting feeling undecided undecided
+234-7045074932
When you say "More Women" are needed in productive and economic sectors, are you trying to LIMIT the participation of Men in such sectors?
- Are you saying Women have been "actively prevented" from participating in those Sectors?
- How does Women participating in Productive and Economic sectors, threaten Men?
- Should Men be prevented from participating in such Sectors simply because you want to force Women (most of whom are unwilling) to bemore in those Sectors?

Mr keyboard warrior try to keep it clean....why are you taking it personal....its just a discussion..its my opinion and what I think my society needs. Now to answer what my thoughts are in relation to the questions.
I run a business with my sister(smart and intelligent BTW)....I've had more than two formerstaff say to my face that they object to having a woman as their boss and that they would prefer to work with me than with her.....
-

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by AHCB: 11:53am On Jun 20, 2017
Estharfabian:
the society we found ourselves in as ingrained male supremacy in almost all facet. so it is expected of them to be in the forefront always. there are to do this, and that. Learn this and that. wield this, and that. we are supposed to be subservient, Submissive, receptive...

if they do not take the lead on certain areas, we dare not take the lead, because well, We are harbour A Vagina.

I really do not want to go all personal with this. it's something you are well aware of. the status quo is and has always been skewed against women.
I beg to differ. All around me I see women who break barriers and stamp their foot print in the Sands of time.

"Excuses are cheap" the society we live gives equal opportunity to everyone. Nobody expect you to be submissive, subservient, receptive and the likes, you can only choose to. Mary Onyali, Lola Alakija, Funmi Iyanda, Genevieve Nnaji, Omotola and the likes didn't conform to what society expect of them, did they?

Please, stop giving excuses, be a goal getter, an achiever, an employer of labour and people won't even notice there's a vagina between your thighs.

5 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Daboomb: 11:54am On Jun 20, 2017
gokuu:
And as most of it is done with Men, then;

I bet you have never seen TWO LESBIANS doing it together?
Why wont bwest fall like bag of water mellon! grin grin

You need to grow up and start acting your age

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply)

Lady Goes Down On Her Knees As Her Man Proposed Marriage To Her (Photos, Video) / "It Wasn't Love At First Sight": Pretty Lady As She Shares Pre-Wedding Photos / 7 Things To Do If Your Nude Pictures Have Gone Viral - Jumia Travel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.