Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,499 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality - Romance (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality (48064 Views)

There Is Nothing Like A Broke, Lazy Good Man / Pre-Wedding Photos Of A Huge Man And His Pretty, Endowed Fiancée / There's Nothing Like "Broke Girl",The Term "Broke" Only Applies To Guys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Kay17: 9:22am On Jun 20, 2017
FX:
Gender Equity has already been achieved in Nigeria but Gender equality can never be achieved because man and woman are different just like the O.P has pointed out

What is gender equity?
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by AHCB: 9:23am On Jun 20, 2017
safarigirl:
I didn't take a survey, but everyone on the first page missed it and there were more guys than girls there
Oh I wasn't referring to the first page alone. I know for certain in times like this, people see what they want to see.

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 9:24am On Jun 20, 2017
cool cool
gokuu:
What a dumb and uninformed post!

First, the writer totally fails to understand the Feminist argument. Women have never claimed to be exactly the same as men; they have simply asked to be treated with the same level of dignity and respect that men are generally treated with. They want to have an equal opportunity to reach their aspirations just as much as everyone.

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the "sagged breasts" argument.

Second, what does capacity to "impregnate" have to do with equal opportunity in the workplace, or wherever?

I am particularly shocked that this post is coming from someone with the "f" suffix behind their name, who is supposed to be able to relate more to the female experience in patriarchal Nigeria.

Anyways, as Madeleine Albright would say; "there's a special place in hell for women who do not support other women"

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 20, 2017
FX:
How can your boobs be sagged already and you are still a virgin. It a very rare case. What and who sagged them for you

I really don't know how.
but it's just how it is
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by safarigirl(f): 9:26am On Jun 20, 2017
AHCB:
Oh I wasn't referring to the first page alone. I know for certain in times like this, people see what they want to see.

oh, I'm supposed to look through 11 pages?

Wow, happy reading. Why don't you do a headcount and tell me which gender is a majority since you're less busy
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by CanadianNurse: 9:27am On Jun 20, 2017
Dimples129:
1. Can a man impregnate another man?

2. Why should the lady take the "blame" (a child is a blessing and not blame) when it takes 2 to reproduce?
Should we not change this backward ideal rather than embracing it?

3. Gender equality isn't about trying to be a man but rather trying to protect women from the injustices that you as woman is supporting.

I hope all the praise you get from the men on this thread puts money in you're account because you just sold out on the female race including your daughters.
Gender Equality Can never work!!

- Why is it OK for a man to fight a man but when a man fights a woman all of you shouting gender equality will still go against it

-Why is there a ministry of women affairs in Nigeria and no ministry of men affairs... You all fighting for equality can't see that one abi

There are so many more

We should be fighting for GENDER EQUITY not GENDER EQUALITY... You can never compare your self to a man no matter how hard you try except you want to close your ears while stealing a bell

A woman can't compare with a man... That doesn't mean the man is more superior or important but the role of a man can not be overemphasized

There is a big difference between EQUALITY and EQUITY even all men are not equal not to talk of men and women

Let's support equity and not equality

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 9:27am On Jun 20, 2017
There's hope. I was afraid so much senselessness was taking over.
Imagine stupid talk about sagging boobs and vagina on such an important topic
Deeldorado:

It's not a debate of whether it will be possible or not but an advocacy to improve the prospects of women. The gender gap is too wide ... pay gap at work, the constraints they face in getting employment and growing on the job. The work women do at home is not calculated as part of GDP but if a nanny does it, it is calculated as part of GDP thereby underestimating women contributions to the national economy.

Why for example have we taken it for granted that it is the woman that has to give up her dreams for other siblings if something goes wrong in the family? Why for example, does a woman have to give up her aspirations or 'cut it down a bit' once she is married? Can't we find a balance that allows both a man and a woman to succeed with their aspirations? By doing this, we place a glass ceiling on women and decapitate their capacity to aspire and achieve their aspirations.

The idea is that making progress in achieving equity in economic participation and opportunity and political empowerment will not benefit women alone but will benefit families, communities and the whole World. Women empowerment, for example, is at the heart of the global fight against poverty and inequality.

It is unfair and runs against nature to deny women the opportunity to succeed as well as men just because they go on maternity leave or because of what your religion says or because you want to be 'the man' or just because of things they are not directly responsible for.

We know that we may not be able to achieve gender equality in a practical sense completely because of traditions, cultures and historical legacies, but we can unleash the power of women for development by doing as much as we can to close up the gap.

The argument of whether it's possible or not may not hold water because a lot of countries are already closing this gap - for example, Scandinavian countries and even South Africa, back home.

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by NairalandCS(m): 9:28am On Jun 20, 2017
This thread is on fire right now.

Me:

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by AHCB: 9:28am On Jun 20, 2017
safarigirl:
oh, I'm supposed to look through 11 pages?
Wow, happy reading. Why don't you do a headcount and tell me which gender is a majority since you're less busy
I'm already at work. So don't have the time. But you still could when you're less busy, you know. Lol.
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 9:29am On Jun 20, 2017
More sense.
Y'all keep schooling the ignorance. Thanks
Emdeejay:
Someone said that many women are sad because the OP sold women out. I am sad because the OP did not realize what gender equality entails. I'll tell you what it means to me. There was a time when women could not vote because they are considered substandard to men. Currently, with every $1 a man earns, a woman earn 83 cents while having the same qualifications. It is even worst in the medical field because the field comprises of the "big boys" and as a woman, it is hard to fit this. Information is rarely shared with me and I have to be assertive for my voice to be heard. Some women are not selected into certain residency because they might want to start a family and therefore at a disadvantage. And as a person in the medical field, I'll enlighten you about boobs. Breasts are mainly made up of fat and not muscle. If you lose weight (i.e fat), your breast will sag. As you age, the breast sags because the structural ligament loses its elasticity leading to sagging. Someone touching your breast doesn't make it sag. And sex does not make vagina loose. I'll go into that but I'm sure you're well read and can read scientific journals yourself. Gender equality is not how often I can have sex with someone, it is about being treated as an intelligent human that can achieve anything if I try.

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Harinholar(f): 9:30am On Jun 20, 2017
julietkcee:
Ur points are nonsense...... Undastand equility first....
Thumbs up
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by NairalandCS(m): 9:30am On Jun 20, 2017
CanadianNurse:

- Why is it OK for a man to fight a man but when a man fights a woman all of you shouting gender equality will still go against it

-Why is there a ministry of women affairs in Nigeria and no ministry of men affairs... You all fighting for equality can't see that one abi

There are so many more

We should be fighting for GENDER EQUITY not GENDER EQUALITY... You can never compare your self to a man no matter how hard you try except you want to close your ears while stealing a bell

A woman can't compare with a man... That doesn't mean the man is more superior or important but the role of a man can not be overemphasized

There is a big difference between EQUALITY and EQUITY even all men are not equal not to talk of men and women

Na the Bolded dey pain me pass.

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Harinholar(f): 9:32am On Jun 20, 2017
Benita27:
What has gender equality got to do with promiscuity?. For the fact that you think if a lady is wayward, sagged breast and wide vagina will be evident makes your write-up pathetic. Does a lady need to be wayward to have a sagged breast?. Are you also saying it's ok for a guy to mess himself up but if a lady does it's a crime?.

You mustn't create threads over anything you had the urge to. Some are senseless like this one.
honestly she is not getting it right @all....
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Decryptor(m): 9:32am On Jun 20, 2017
Evaberry:

I can't believe a girl wrote this trash. No offence.
I just can't understand why African women don't appreciate themselves and always play 2nd fiddle to men.
.dear op my boobs are sagged already but [size=18pt]I'm still a virgin[/size], so I really don't understand why u got all these from as sagged boobs or wide vagina isn't really cuz of an indecent life

stop being shallow

You know a very big lie when you spot it! Thank God for NL! There is always an avenue to dig out the past. See the post your fellow woman put up here and you came here to rant and claim "Mrs Virginia".

So you are a virgin yet you proudly admitted just 2 months ago after Acidosis tried to even correct you that YOUR COUSIN f*cked you and that it was the best f*ck in your life! YOUR OWN COUSIN! Abomination!!

I have always known that Nigerian women who open their mouths to say they are virgins are way worse than...

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 9:33am On Jun 20, 2017
cheesy
Nothing to add to this
LordAdam16:

The more shameful part is that it is even a debate in the first place.

In this day and age, if a person above the age of 15 and has passed Junior High (JSS) is arguing against gender equality (usually because they have unashamedly failed to grasp the faintest idea of what it is about), it paints a rather grim picture of how far off the mark we are as a nation.

It's not like it was ever that encouraging, but at least girl child education isn't a taboo topic anymore, and one would reasonably expect that normal, functioning adults know a teeny-weeny bit about gender equality, it's relationship with girl child education, and why the world's future rests on progressive stances like gender equality and equity, resource sustainability, increased tolerance et cetera.

Many of the comments I see here are statements I'd expect from ret*rded folks, unambitious dropouts, religious f*cktards, men who have failed in life (and need to mudsling others to feel better about themselves), or privileged egoists. But you'd be surprised about the standings of many of the commenters on here and how they are a bitter reflection of the society.

Just walk into any random eatery and bring this issue up, you'd be surprised about the similarity between the contributions you receive and the comments you read here.

And it is particularly nauseating that a forum run by a self-acclaimed progressive atheist would actually promote a non-religious position that would never stand in any rigorous academic debate in any of the world's top 10,000 institutions for discussion, never mind the ridiculous balderdash that made up the OP.

Am I disappointed by the comments I read on here, absolutely not, many Nigerians redefine stupidity with their opinions that are about as factual as the Santa Claus myth. But then, did I expect to see the kind of promotion this thread gets, not likely. I read through this thread in one of my recent forays in the Romance section, and decided against commenting because I deemed it a perfect avenue for misfits to throw a pity party about how the world is conspiring against them. And some d*rtbag mod decided it was a party deserving of prime-time.

Unbelievable!

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 9:36am On Jun 20, 2017
Decryptor:

You know a very big lie when you spot it! Thank God for NL! There is always an avenue to dig out the past

So you are a virgin yet you proudly admitted just 2 months ago that YOUR COUSIN f*cked you and that it was the best f*ck in your life! YOUR OWN COUSIN!

hahahaha I swear u r jobless.
dear I was only trying to prove a point
yinmu jhur
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by nkkylove95(f): 9:36am On Jun 20, 2017
As a girl,I've got to say this is the most sensible topic I've ever come across on Nairaland.The word FEMINIST repulses me cos my mama taught me how to make it in life by not hiding behind the cloak of FEMINISM. Girls,have an education either formal or informal to make it in life then try to be a submissive woman to a honourable man you married.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by AHCB: 9:40am On Jun 20, 2017
CanadianNurse:

There are so many more

Firmly put. Many women who shout gender equality are the type who want men to please and worship them just because they're women.

They're here shouting gender equality, they forget nothing hindered Lola Alakija from being the richest woman in Africa.

To me, any woman who shout gender equality is too lazy to take the bull by the horn.

3 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 20, 2017
lexy2014:
y disown d lady cos she said something u didn't like.if u have superior argument bring it forward

He's not female. Anyone can claim male or female here the only way we can verify is by actually seeing the person physically. No real female will write that nonsense except the ones desperately lookin for husbands on nairaland
Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by lovethchioma(f): 9:42am On Jun 20, 2017
The Op just exposed how unlearned she is about certain things. Always try to read and make your research before opening a thread about a topic you obviously know nothing about.

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Harinholar(f): 9:44am On Jun 20, 2017
Benita27:
Have to quote you 'cause ignorance isn't an excuse. Breast sagging has nothing to do with promiscuity. I repeats, breast sagging has nothing to do with promiscuity. Have you seen any boosty lady with firm boob without the aid of silicon?, some sagged boobs are natural. Perhaps because they have weaker breast. Not to add the fact that once a lady puts to bed her boob sags, this still has nothing to do with promiscuity.

The op should create a balance in criticism instead of castigating the female folks and praising their male counterpart. The hypocrisy and ignorance in her write-up is alarming.
probably her write-up is to please a guy who might be reading dis... Nonsense

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by CanadianNurse: 9:45am On Jun 20, 2017
Pidgin2:

He's not female. Anyone can claim male or female here the only way we can verify is by actually seeing the person physically. No real female will write that nonsense except the ones desperately lookin for husbands on nairaland
You are just wasting your time... Woman can never equal to a man and man can never equal to a woman..... If you sabi maths sef you go know say NA inequalities.... If you advocate for gender equity then I support you but anything gender equality count me out even the pioneers of feminism this wasn't the concept at all

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 20, 2017
nkkylove95:
As a girl,I've got to say this is the most sensible topic I've ever come across on Nairaland.The word FEMINIST repulses me cos my mama taught me how to make it in life by not hiding behind the cloak of FEMINISM. Girls,have an education either formal or informal to make it in life then try to be a submissive woman to a honourable man you married.

Lol abeg one nairalander come and marry, this one na advert.

If you read what the OP wrote she didn't mention feminism, she mentioned equality and defined it based on promiscuity, isn't that a confused person? I'm sure your mother doesn't expect you to join the confused in their folly.

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by CanadianNurse: 9:47am On Jun 20, 2017
Pidgin2:

If you read what the OP wrote she didn't mention feminism, she mentioned equality and defined it based on promiscuity, isn't that a confused person? I'm sure your mother doesn't expect you to join the confused in their folly.
she was only using one of the societal factors as an example that doesn't make it her definition of gender equality

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by makydebbie(f): 9:48am On Jun 20, 2017
Decryptor:

You know a very big lie when you spot it! Thank God for NL! There is always an avenue to dig out the past. See the post your fellow woman put up here and you came here to rant and claim "Mrs Virginia".

So you are a virgin yet you proudly admitted just 2 months ago after Acidosis tried to even correct you that YOUR COUSIN f*cked you and that it was the best f*ck in your life! YOUR OWN COUSIN! Abomination!!

I have always known that Nigerian women who open their mouths to say they are virgins are way worse than...
Omg fear fbi on nl grin

4 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by veraiyke(m): 9:48am On Jun 20, 2017
sexybbstar:
I saw a thread earlier on (why do guy thinks girls are whores?) I think this is my own view.

You had better stop comparing, if God wants equal rights for us all, he would have created everyone with p.enis or va.gina. But the difference in our private organ and body build shows that what is good for one may not be good for the other.

If a male child should become wayward, believe me if he repents, not a sign of it will be on his body but if a female child becomes wayward, I won't lie to you, let her become a pastor. There will still be signs to show for it like sagged breasts, wide va.gina, etc.Tell me can a man have a deformed organ as a result of being promiscuous.? obviously no!

Don't compare the two together.A lady that compare herself with a man is playing a dangerous game. U sure know that when he have sex with u without protection, u would get pregnant and u will receive the blame. Yet u allowed him, don't blame anyone for your misfortune because u are aware that the lady takes the blame.

Man and woman are two different words with different attributes. A man who lives like a woman won't find it easy and vice versa. Even two ladies are not the same not to talk of a man and a woman.

You want gender equality, ladies. Can you impregnate a fellow lady? Even those of us who transgendered to become a man still have so many manly activities they can't do.

Learn to appreciate your gender and bring out the best from it.
Gender equality is the state of equal access to resources and opportunities regardless of gender. It is achieved through gender neutrality and gender equity. Gender equality entails the concept that all human beings both men and women are free to develop their personal abilities and make choices without the limitations set by stereotypes, rigid gender roles and prejudices. Gender equality means that the different behaviour, aspiration and needs of women and men are considered, valued and favoured equally. IT DOES NOT mean that women and men have to become the same, but that their rights, responsibilities, opportunities will not have to depend on whether they are born male or female. Gender equity means fairness of treatment of women and men, according to their respective needs. This may include treatment that is different but considered equivalent in terms of rights, obligations, opportunities and benefits.

Op I think your conception of gender equality is totally wrong. More worrying so some men and most women don't really understand the concept of gender equality.

1 Like

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Nobody: 9:51am On Jun 20, 2017
Decryptor:

That's why you shouldn't trust some of these girls. They lie a lot and also try to cover up their lies. She's so proud to have slept with her cousin. What an abomination!!

The funniest thing is tomorrow she would say she is looking for a man who is God fearing!

What a shame!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by benjsniper33: 9:52am On Jun 20, 2017
Dimples129:
Op... Google Equal rights for women then come back and read your post. All those points you made are negative and neither sex should do it. The problem is the fact that men are encouraged to impregnate and be promiscuous is the problem because it's women they are impregnating and cheating on and not amongst themselves. The problem in the world today is your mindset, that men can do evils because they're a man forgetting that they will do that evil to women.

Gender equality is about treating both genders with respect and nothing to do with what you pointed out.

Had Eve not cheated on Adam by sleeping the the serpent then I would have agreed with your points.
Had Eve not given her defiled body to Adam then I would have agreed with your points.
Had Eve not lied to Adam and seduced him to eat the "fruit" then I would have agreed with all your points.

Had it not being for education, entertainment and social media there will be no noise about ladies being ill-treated.

The fact about feminism is that it appeals to self-pity , hypocritism , helplessness and pretext to condone the lascivious, destructive and highly reptilian attributes of women in a bid to put men in chains . It aims to overturn the natural law which is to dethrone men and enthrone women, undermining the power of men and exaggerating the capabilities of women, making women disrespect and insult men and even physically assault men banking on grounds that "you mustnt touch a woman". Ladies love playing the blame game, they are much more stubborn and aggressive than goats.

When it comes to sex women are quick to blame men not knowing that feminism is increasingly exposing and damaging their defense.
Now guys spot the differences between this three sentences.

"He had sex with me"
" We had sex"
"I had sex with him"

Now girls will always like to say " He had sex with me" to make it look like she was laid against her will , therefore making the listener to think she was raped and cheated on. In a bid to escape the blame and heap the blame on the innocent men who was provocatively seduced by her

The truth is trying to unsurp the laws of God is detrimental.
Feminism is another ruse by the Devil to take women out of their comfort zone and make them compete with men and cross the red-line hence to euphemistically assert the authority of women over men which is very impossible. Feminism is another wrong idea which will only destroy image of women and further consolidate the strength of men in the long run.

It is also necessary to indicate that the harm of feminism far much more exceeds the good.
-In spite of the noise about feminism, never in the history of man has women been more disrespected, haunted, used and destroyed than now
- Women are more beaten , physically and sexually assaulted nowadays.
-Women are much more raped nowadays.
-Women are much more cheap nowadays. I have friends who Bleep feminist-minded ladies and married women like slaves, use their bodies and pound them mercilessly like mortar. The women receiving this torment are simply thinking they are having fun.
-You can easily buy women with money and materials nowadays.
- Feminism will expose the primal weakness of women to men therefore opening them to further exploitation and destruction by men.
- women are increasingly falling prey to ritual killings, cult initiation, rape and assault.
- Men are increasingly seeing women as threat to their strengths. This has turn some good men to savages , misorgynist and sex monsters.
- Feminism is increasingly sneaking into the mentality of average girls, ladies and married woman thereby breaking their happy marriages and relationships.
-Most girls and ladies of nowadays are feminist but they don't even know that.

Men has a lot of fault also but feminism is definately not the solution to the problems of women.
Feminism In other words is a devilish declaration of war against women. Which will end up with women being in a deeper hole than they were before. The natural truth is that men are highly calculative, wasteful, reckless,risk-taking , aggressive and destructive it takes a woman to contain his excesses.

To cap it all, all a woman needs to do is to be hardworking, try to be chaste as much as she can, obey the word is God, pray for the right man, love and support him and talk and scold him respectfully when he misbehaves , acknowledge her gender weaknesses and LISTEN to her man.

Examples of undercover feminist in our society
Omotola Jolade Ekeinde
Genevieve Nannie
Linda IKeji
Most Nollywood actresses etc.

They all make noises about "power for women, power for women, discrimination against women, education for women, women struggles, women power, gender equality!"
Neglecting the promotion of women virtues and respect, recognition of women weaknesses and helping them transform their weaknesses into strengths. They forget that women are women's greatest enemy.

2 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by AHCB: 9:52am On Jun 20, 2017
Decryptor:

Lord Have mercy, dude you're wicked!

See as you finish her. LMAO!.

3 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Acidosis(m): 9:52am On Jun 20, 2017
Decryptor:

Oh my!!!

3 Likes

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by nkkylove95(f): 9:54am On Jun 20, 2017
Pidgin2:

you are a very stupid thing.so,saying my mind means I'm advertising myself.lady,not everybody is as shallow minded as you are.Education is on my plate right now not marriage.silly feminist who can't accept the fact that not every girl is a feminist.And by the way,most Nigerians see gender equality as feminism

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Man and Woman are different.. Nothing like Gender Equality by Harinholar(f): 9:56am On Jun 20, 2017
lovelygurl:

You are welcome, we can't all be using our brains, there will always be some exceptions and that's OK wink
leave the babe jorrrr.....she don achieve her aim...@least she was given an attention by d guys with d same medulla oblongata..

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (26) (Reply)

"Run Away From Women Who Want You To Last An Hour In Bed" - Victor Ibeh / Some Dps Ladies Post When "Break-up" Takes Place. / Lady Loses Interest In A Young Man Because He Doesn't Smoke Or Drink

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.