Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church (39797 Views)

Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days / What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Iandavis21(m): 11:07pm On Jun 11, 2017
Are u hungry
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by ATERI(m): 1:42am On Jun 12, 2017
Most intelligent people don`t do religion.

4 Likes

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by bukiboy(m): 3:24am On Jun 12, 2017
Nazeren:
When you're not getting results for what you're praying for. grin

check your prayer points and how you pray. prayer without work is pure stupidity.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by dodelight(m): 5:44am On Jun 12, 2017
AvsGot007:
try me ...
(Continuing from my previous post...)
I was doing all normal church things religiously with others, but now with a heart different from theirs, as I really wished to know God beyond the pages of the Bible. I must admit though, I was doing a number of bad things then, but every night I would sincerely pray to God for forgiveness of my sin, telling God my desire to know him. I also chose to read the Bible, though I had questions about some things there.
My brother, all God really want to see in us is our sincere readiness to walk with him. It doesn't happen overnight. It takes time.
Then one night, I was already sleeping when something woke me up around 11pm. Just like a thought in my heart, the 'voice' asked me to open a passage of the scriptures. The first was in Romans, the second in Psalms and third from Isaiah. I'd never come across them before, and they were all speaking of the same thing. The funny thing was I slept off after reading them. When I woke up in the morning, I remembered something happened in the night but I couldn't remember the exact passages of the scripture except that of Romans. It's 4:8. And says "Blessed is the man on whom the Lord will not impute sin".
That experience strengthened my resolve that, yes, there's is a God somewhere. And it's the beginning of many greater experiences. But it's a process. The point is, God has trusted many of our parents and pastors with his fellowships and power, which they have abused or misunderstood. So He'd rather see how determined we really are to know Him before giving us the secret things.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by dodelight(m): 5:49am On Jun 12, 2017
analice107:
Take a peep inside Winners Chapel or Christ Embassy and see Youths. stop saying what you don't know. you don't go to church doesn't mean others don't.
My dear, most of them go to church just to fulfil religious obligations not really because they actually have a relationship with God. I am a Redeemite, and I also work with many Christian denominations: I see things from church to church. What you see with most youths going to church on Sunday is mostly superficial.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Nobody: 6:36am On Jun 12, 2017
What is this one saying? Who says I was talking about myself, didn't you read the topic?? Assumptions is pure stupidity.

bukiboy:

check your prayer points and how you pray. prayer without work is pure stupidity.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Kessythegeek(m): 6:50am On Jun 12, 2017
Christ came to abolish religion — you've have tried religious organizations?! the question is? have you tried Jesus Christ? he said when you drink from that water you'll surely thirst again but the water i give you to drink it will quench your everlasting thirst and open up rivers of living water within you.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Zodiac61(m): 7:08am On Jun 12, 2017
Omooba77:
1. Betrayal- Many of the youth felt betrayed by the so called men of God, whose life style is opposite of what they preach. I want to encourage youth to read Matthew 23.
2. Lack of fulfilment, Church no longer interest many because they cant find fulfilment
3. Laziness
- Many are too lazy to wake up early
4. Wrong company
- Many of the youth peers have put pressure on them
5. Self will
-Many wants to try out new thing and do their things.7
6. Parents over bearing
- Parents forcing their on lives on the youth

NB Please add your

Maybe they are beginning to see the light and realise that God is fiction.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Omooba77: 7:32am On Jun 12, 2017
Zodiac61:

Maybe they are beginning to see the light and realise that God is fiction.

God is never and will not be a fiction, God is real my brother. Have a blessed day!

1 Like

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by 11Eleven: 8:40am On Jun 12, 2017
Going to church and not having personal relationship with Almighty God is a waste of time.

God is not looking for your attendance in churches, He wants you to have personal relationship with him. He searches your heart.

All you need to do is go back and get right with him.

God is Real.
Jesus is Real.
Heaven is Real.
Hell is Real.

The Lord Reigneth... Let The Earth Tremble.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by varmint: 9:21am On Jun 12, 2017
escodotman:
That is what is called Faith. Faith is believing what you dont see. You dont see God but you see His works. Even in school they teach you so many absracts and jargons that you cant see with your eyes but you still chose to believe!

I asked a simple question o....Have you heard from God personally?
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by analice107: 9:52am On Jun 12, 2017
dodelight:

My dear, most of them go to church just to fulfil religious obligations not really because they actually have a relationship with God. I am a Redeemite, and I also work with many Christian denominations: I see things from church to church. What you see with most youths going to church on Sunday is mostly superficial.
But Op said, the youths don't go to church, why are you now shifting the goal post. Speak for yourself.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Revolva(m): 10:49am On Jun 12, 2017
who church don help...instead you get brain washed n extracted n extorted.....the church is in ur heart ok..not a bulding of business..cons

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rNEWtTDyAYs
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by dodelight(m): 10:50am On Jun 12, 2017
analice107:

But Op said, the youths don't go to church, why are you now shifting the goal post. Speak for yourself.
And Yes, op is very correct. If the church continues with the present trend more youths will quit church. I am speaking reality here. I work in teenagers and youth ministry across board and I know things. Yea, there. I've spoken for myself. But I don't belong to myself alone, unlike you, I belong to the universe. So I've spoken for my generation, too.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Rozaybb(f): 10:57am On Jun 12, 2017
Mekanus:

I will take you serious only when you die and come back to share your post death experience here. This is why I will always detest religion, it makes people dumb. Just imagine someone who has not tested death telling me that something will happen after death. I don't give a mess about what happens after I die, I care only about this world I'm seeing, if anything should happen after death, then we will take care of that when we get there since we never had knowledge of our preexistence.
dont worry wen u die....u will den give a Bleep after ur death mumu..
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Mekanus(m): 1:00pm On Jun 12, 2017
Rozaybb:
dont worry wen u die....u will den give a Bleep after ur death mumu..
Stop quoting me zombie.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by sonmvayina(m): 1:05pm On Jun 12, 2017
Mujtahida:

Understand my point. God cannot be taught! God cannot be in a book! Get it, would you? God is too vital to our lives to be a subject in a book. Do you breathe from a book? The God that lives inside the Bible is the handwork of men

I know no God, the Bible God or any other. I just believe that God exist. And I believe that God is not the Bible God. You are free to follow your Bible God. After all I did until I realised I was worshiping a thing constructed by men. What's so difficult about God speaking by himself to his children in church without a pastor or prophet or human mouth piece. Until he does speak by himself I will not give credence to his claims. Simple

God knows that if there is one thing men (and women) are good at, it is lying...why use it as a medium?....mouth wey Dem dey use lick to.to the night before...
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by analice107: 1:16pm On Jun 12, 2017
dodelight:

And Yes, op is very correct. If the church continues with the present trend more youths will quit church. I am speaking reality here. I work in teenagers and youth ministry across board and I know things. Yea, there. I've spoken for myself. But I don't belong to myself alone, unlike you, I belong to the universe. So I've spoken for my generation, too.

Let me answer you with this scriptures;
... for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Matthew:7:13-14

NEVERTHELESS.

1Kings 19:18
Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

Acts:14:17
Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good...

I know exactly what you are saying, but if you are a 'Word' Christian you should know the signs of time. This is the time when many will reject faith, reject sound doctrines. This is the time of 'Falling away'.

This the time the Holy Spirit through prophet Daniel talked about the Increase of Knowledge, this is the time when people seek more for knowledge, albeit, mundane. This is the time when men will look for signs more than the substance.

This is the time when the Spirit of the Antichrist will wax stronger, but even then, 'The Lord knows the ones who are His' and He knows how to keep them from the pollution of this world. 2Pt 2:20

Good brother, the Nation of Israel is a typology of the Church in the world, a time came when it seemed only Elijah was the only godly person in all of Israel, but the LORD, surprised him by telling him how many were preserved.
And, What Israel went through until Christ came, the Church shall go through until His second advent. No matter how bad things get, Jehovah has a remnant for Himself.

My Joy is that, the Word of God is True, if He has said it, it'll come to pass.

The Christ knew this time will come, hence; he asked this question;

...Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
Luke:18:8

The Lord knows that the faith of many shall wax cold towards Him, many will deny Him.

Look around you, especially here in this forum, can we see it?

Nevertheless, the foundation of the Lord stands firm, that the Lord knows those who are His and he is known of them.

No man can come to the Lord except He draws them and the ones He draws close, He preserves.

And as many that were ordained for eternal life believed.

Many will follow satan, but few will follow the Master whose name is Jesus. Don't worry, many are called, buy few are chosen.

You said you work with the youths, you are so blessed to have that ministry, make a difference and your generations shall be blessed for it.
Don't let what is going on around you dampen your resolve, just know that, it's the Word of the Master coming to pass.

How do you feel when you see wolf becoming a tamed friendly dog?

May the Lord increase your grace and multiple your strength, in Jesus name.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Mujtahida: 1:20pm On Jun 12, 2017
sonmvayina:

God knows that if there is one thing men (and women) are good at, it is lying...why use it as a medium?....mouth wey Dem dey use lick to.to the night before...
That's why there are many translations na to show you that it is the lying work of Man. Look at nature, rainfall or sunshine for example-it needs no translation or interpretation because it is the pure work of God. All over the world, rain is rain and sunshine is sunshine. But Bible nko

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by dodelight(m): 3:51pm On Jun 12, 2017
analice107:

Let me answer you with this scriptures;
... for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:

Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Matthew:7:13-14

NEVERTHELESS.

1Kings 19:18
Yet I have left me seven thousand in Israel, all the knees which have not bowed unto Baal, and every mouth which hath not kissed him.

Acts:14:17
Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good...

I know exactly what you are saying, but if you are a 'Word' Christian you should know the signs of time. This is the time when many will reject faith, reject sound doctrines. This is the time of 'Falling away'.

This the time the Holy Spirit through prophet Daniel talked about the Increase of Knowledge, this is the time when people seek more for knowledge, albeit, mundane. This is the time when men will look for signs more than the substance.

This is the time when the Spirit of the Antichrist will wax stronger, but even then, 'The Lord knows the ones who are His' and He knows how to keep them from the pollution of this world. 2Pt 2:20

Good brother, the Nation of Israel is a typology of the Church in the world, a time came when it seemed only Elijah was the only godly person in all of Israel, but the LORD, surprised him by telling him how many were preserved.
And, What Israel went through until Christ came, the Church shall go through until His second advent. No matter how bad things get, Jehovah has a remnant for Himself.

My Joy is that, the Word of God is True, if He has said it, it'll come to pass.

The Christ knew this time will come, hence; he asked this question;

...Nevertheless when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
Luke:18:8

The Lord knows that the faith of many shall wax cold towards Him, many will deny Him.

Look around you, especially here in this forum, can we see it?

Nevertheless, the foundation of the Lord stands firm, that the Lord knows those who are His and he is known of them.

No man can come to the Lord except He draws them and the ones He draws close, He preserves.

And as many that were ordained for eternal life believed.

Many will follow satan, but few will follow the Master whose name is Jesus. Don't worry, many are called, buy few are chosen.

You said you work with the youths, you are so blessed to have that ministry, make a difference and your generations shall be blessed for it.
Don't let what is going on around you dampen your resolve, just know that, it's the Word of the Master coming to pass.

How do you feel when you see wolf becoming a tamed friendly dog?

May the Lord increase your grace and multiple your strength, in Jesus name.

Thanks anyways, though I have more than just a resolve to hold on to. My actual concern is whether you think what's happening to our youths losing interest in church does not matter, once we still have a few mouths that have not kissed Baal.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by analice107: 5:03pm On Jun 12, 2017
dodelight:

Thanks anyways, though I have more than just a resolve to hold on to. My actual concern is whether you think what's happening to our youths losing interest in church does not matter, once we still have a few mouths that have not kissed Baal.
It matters a lot to me, as a matter of fact, it makes me cry. That's why we are here trying to make some know there's still a reason to hope.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by dodelight(m): 5:39pm On Jun 12, 2017
analice107:

It matters a lot to me, as a matter of fact, it makes me cry. That's why we are here trying to make some know there's still a reason to hope.
Alright. It is well. May God help us all.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by tunjijones(m): 7:26pm On Jun 12, 2017
Iamzik:

Try discussing the issue with your mum. Perhaps you feel the number of church service is overwhelming. My dad used to be like that and I didn't like it..... Until he passed on then I realized the true value of personal devotion time. I'm sure she mean the best for you. Try to see beyond her seemingly overbearing attitude. Regards

Bros am now in my thirties. No more staying with my parents.. I have stopped going to church many years ago. I tried going back to church some times last year but it didn't just work for me. Noticed church is now like a social gathering wia u minggle with pple.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by analice107: 7:33pm On Jun 12, 2017
dodelight:
Alright. It is well. May God help us all.
May God increase our zeal and willingness to serve. Amen.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Zodiac61(m): 12:01am On Jun 13, 2017
Omooba77:

God is never and will not be a fiction, God is real my brother. Have a blessed day!
Good luck to you.
The fairies at the end of my garden are real. Harry Potter is real.

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by essence1: 1:13pm On Jun 16, 2017
dodelight:

On the contrary, the CHURCH will be the ONLY PLACE where people will flock to, in these Last days!
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by ikorodureporta: 7:46pm On Jun 16, 2017
Omooba77:
1. Betrayal- Many of the youth felt betrayed by the so called men of God, whose life style is opposite of what they preach. I want to encourage youth to read Matthew 23.
2. Lack of fulfilment, Church no longer interest many because they cant find fulfilment
3. Laziness
- Many are too lazy to wake up early
4. Wrong company
- Many of the youth peers have put pressure on them
5. Self will
-Many wants to try out new thing and do their things.
6. Parents over bearing
- Parents forcing their on lives on the youth

NB Please add your

See the reasons here... https://www.nairaland.com/3854600/why-many-people-leaving-church
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by OtemAtum: 9:04pm On Jun 16, 2017
bionixs:
sorry,i am not shocked. Frustration could lead to a case like yours. You need a helping hand urgently. This is what we hear before a leap into the Canal. Whoever reads this knows you do have a case,if not the CHI that you said is a fool comes before your name. Call Him all you like,it doesnt change his status, ALL KNOWING GOD!

Actually, God Almighty is not a fool, but yahweh one of his creatures is a fool as the guy said. You can add Allah to the list of fools too. All bad gods who don't want humanity to use their brains are fools and their wicked lights will soon fade off the minds of humanities in Otem's name I pray, ASE!
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by OtemAtum: 9:15pm On Jun 16, 2017
escodotman:
U sure God really wants that from you bro?? ''a pastor and a muslim cleric caught......'' and that has meant there are no true men of God and heavenly Churches out there anymore? Kontinu. People like this, when troubles & storms of the world come knocking, no one tells them before they fly to Church!

They are true men of yahweh until the day they would be caught and u guys would deny they ever were. Anyway, that pastor of yours whom you think is a true man of yahweh shall soon be revealed, though that doesn't mean that he isn't a true man of yahweh (because the mark of a true man of yahweh is doing evil continually.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by opichika(m): 10:23pm On Jun 16, 2017
sure b say 95% of the youth's were boy's''and 90% of the boys were the catholics'''and 80%catholics were dwell's in flesh'than in spirit''yes they need phisical buildup[cash money]and any living church is agaist of man realing in thing's that is in the world only[VANITY UPON VANITY]'''''daz y they prefer sunday road wOrk dan morining service's''
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Iandavis21(m): 10:06pm On Aug 07, 2017
Iandavis21:
Are u hungry
..im good ..ty,u need some fresh

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

My Greatest Sexual Temptation As A Christian / Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry? / "Women Who Wear Trousers, Eyelashes Are Sinners" - Pastor Lazarus Muoka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.