Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church (39793 Views)

Selfie Sunday: What Are You Wearing To Church Today? / 5 Silly Reasons Why Some People Don't Go To Church These Days / What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Kalous1(m): 3:11pm On Jun 11, 2017
I jus lost interest , a broke ass wud come to church to give testimony of how God blessed him, offers d church a huge sum, nxt week he is caught an armed robber, church nw adays is mainly a lucrutive business . All after money wit no questions of our u got it. For God sake our fore fathers were marooned, beaten and slave traded by d so called church bringers ,yet we throw out all d good things abt our customs to embrace theirs even to d extent of segregating among ourselfs. I prefer a good sunday watching beserk or one piece to wasting time in one church...bountiful offering..yuck

2 Likes

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Mujtahida: 3:13pm On Jun 11, 2017
AvsGot007:
they will all prolly go hell fire for not believing in Jesus!
Sure they will because Jesus loves them

1 Like

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by So4baba(m): 3:14pm On Jun 11, 2017
The other day I read about a man who hasn't been to church for a while because he could not afford "offering" ,haba!, for giving the young man such ideas and feelings, that church or whosoever owns it, definitely not God has FAILED!, failed in his assignment to nuture the sheep that the Lord has saved.. Why should anybody feel that way if not that the "CHURCH" has given such illusions,. I am of this church, oh, I am of that church, my church preach the truth, oh! My pastor is the only true man of God, CANAL!. Many owners of church gives their member this wrong teaching but I asked, is CHRIST divided? Was any of your pastor crucified for you or was any Christian baptized in the name of any man except Jesus? 1st Corinthian 1:13.
Unless we go back to the old order of what a CHURCH should be, we might never be able to overcome this scourge that has continually diminish the authority of God through Christ Jesus in the lives of present day Christians
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Mujtahida: 3:18pm On Jun 11, 2017
Iamzik:

Are we talking about breathing by God or hearing from God? You seem to confuse the two
The christian God is life isn't he? That's why I mentioned breathe. Nobody exerts any effort to breathe. What I mean is that God should involve no process like tuning in.
But to respond to you more directly on the tuning thing, I tuned and tuned, I remained still, read the word, pined to hear a word for years until I knew no Christian God is out there to speak to me.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Mujtahida: 3:31pm On Jun 11, 2017
An2elect2:
Many have departed from the faith for a long time now. Those gatherings in buildings you call churches are apostates. They have no resemblance with biblical church. They are filled with goats and lost sheep that can't edify anyone.

On judgement day, Christ my advocate will speak for me. And my admission into His glory would depend on whether I trusted Him completely not my works or unbiblical "church going"
"The God who made the world and everything in it is the Lord of heaven and earth and does not live in temples built by human hands. Acts 17v24

Download free pdf copy of Pagan Christianity by Frank Viola and The Harlot Church System: Come Out of Her, My People by Charles Elliott Newbold, Jr.
You can also read the writings of Austin Sparks at Austinsparks.net for Christ centered teachings or Charles Spurgeon at the Spurgeon archive online.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by sirfee(m): 3:41pm On Jun 11, 2017
Omooba77:
1. Betrayal- Many of the youth felt betrayed by the so called men of God, whose life style is opposite of what they preach. I want to encourage youth to read Matthew 23.
2. Lack of fulfilment, Church no longer interest many because they cant find fulfilment
3. Laziness
- Many are too lazy to wake up early
4. Wrong company
- Many of the youth peers have put pressure on them
5. Self will
-Many wants to try out new thing and do their things.
6. Parents over bearing
- Parents forcing their on lives on the youth

NB Please add your
I stop going to church because religion is the opium of the masses.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Bizgold: 3:52pm On Jun 11, 2017
When we have had the world will come to an end by diff pastors, yet we are still in d world living

1 Like

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Bamidupe20(f): 3:59pm On Jun 11, 2017
i think it's because the devil is more interested in this generation than the earlier ones. its our responsibility not to allow him...#endtimesigns#
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by adeshinacute(m): 4:11pm On Jun 11, 2017
If you need 2-3 Odd per Day this guy is A dope
Check my signature to visit his page
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Redman44(m): 4:16pm On Jun 11, 2017
Hmn. I have read so many comments here. Let me be honest with you all. I started going to church at a very early age ( White Garment church ) but I have never felt or saw it as a big deal. It was just a normal thing for me and I did not feel any different after those services. I have also attended Pentecostal Churches as an adult ( RCCG and MFM ) and I still feel the same as I have always felt since my childhood. Something just tells me that there is a disconnect between what Modern Christianity is offering us and what true Christianity really is. I can't point a finger to what the problem is but I feel the problem with Nigeria is that Religion is affecting the PRODUCTIVITY of Nigerians. People want Miracles without working hard to achieve things. People are not thinking deeply to solve their problems and are not willing to do any job to raise the Capital to launch their businesses. Pastors, Imams and Men of God should not be the Superstars that they are viewed as today. They should be modest and really focus on seeing to the welfare of their members with the money realized from tithes and offerings. Let the church be beautiful but modest and not extravagant. I am not just into Religion anymore. I just want to make the best out of my life, help other people achieve their dreams and leave a legacy for my descendants. Cheers.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by dazzlingd(m): 4:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
OtemAtum:
The age is changing. It's the work of nature. Join us in the age of Aquarius.
What is the age of Aquarius, and what is Pisces
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by escodotman: 4:17pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mujtahida:

Generally every healthy human being draws in breath as an unconscious, reflex action. No tuning. You just breathe. We regard those who cannot do so as sick.
Things just dont happen in this world. The human body is so complex and even medicine & science couldnt undstand it fully, man doesnt 'just' breathe! Some1 must have designed the breathe, cardiovascular, digestive, neurological systems, the eyes to see, those nose to breathe, blood to keep on living by supplying the tissues oxygen and the brain glucose so you dont go into schock, and hundreds&hundreds of mechanisms goin on the human body. By the way, who made the sun, the moon, the earth and all other planetary bodies? Pls dont tell me they also just come/arrive on their own

1 Like

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by escodotman: 4:26pm On Jun 11, 2017
pweetiedee:

I can preach the gospel to myself.

I can read the Bible, isn't that what pastors read?

You still need some1 with a deeper knowledge of the word of God to guide you.

Why did you have to go to school? Couldnt you just pick up those textbooks and teach yourself? Oh dont say you needed school to get certificate to have a chance of working....because while you were in school, you still didnt get evrything you wer taught and at times you messed up & scored very low
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by IMASTEX: 4:29pm On Jun 11, 2017
darlenese:
pastors are asking for too much these days.
my pastor asked for May salary from all members.
shocked
Ask him if God needs money

1 Like

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Mujtahida: 4:32pm On Jun 11, 2017
escodotman:
Things just dont happen in this world. The human body is so complex and even medicine & science couldnt undstand it fully, man doesnt 'just' breathe! Some1 must have designed the breathe, cardiovascular, digestive, neurological systems, the eyes to see, those nose to breathe, blood to keep on living by supplying the tissues oxygen and the brain glucose so you dont go into schock, and hundreds&hundreds of mechanisms goin on the human body. By the way, who made the sun, the moon, the earth and all other planetary bodies? Pls dont tell me they also just come/arrive on their own
Well maybe before you breathe you check all the neurological and cardiovascular dynamics involved but I know I just breathe. In, out. Simple.

Who made whatever? I do not KNOW. I BELIEVE God did. But not the Bible God! If you like cry from now till forever it would not change my mind. Until the Bible God speaks I will not deceive myself to say I know anything about him just because I read a book. So outside of that book God has no existence. You hear Christians saying ridiculous things like 'the Bible says' our church is a Bible believing church' Goshhh!!! Their Bible is their God. Bibliotary. Idol worshippers just like all other religions.

Who made whatever? Do you KNOW who did? Based on a book? Hahahahahah hahahaha.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by escodotman: 4:35pm On Jun 11, 2017
varmint:

I suppose you've heard from God personally
That is what is called Faith. Faith is believing what you dont see. You dont see God but you see His works. Even in school they teach you so many absracts and jargons that you cant see with your eyes but you still chose to believe!
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by escodotman: 4:38pm On Jun 11, 2017
pweetiedee:

If I don't pay offering, u know d kind eye wey dem go dey use look me?

I'm watching Tom and Jerry jor

Happy Sunday

And when you drop whatever you have, no matter how little it is, who sees you?? Thr's no excuse
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by bionixs: 4:42pm On Jun 11, 2017
chibuzorAbia:

O'l boy GOD is a FOOL! oya do your worst
sorry,i am not shocked. Frustration could lead to a case like yours. You need a helping hand urgently. This is what we hear before a leap into the Canal. Whoever reads this knows you do have a case,if not the CHI that you said is a fool comes before your name. Call Him all you like,it doesnt change his status, ALL KNOWING GOD!
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Mujtahida: 4:53pm On Jun 11, 2017
escodotman:
That is what is called Faith. Faith is believing what you dont see. You dont see God but you see His works. Even in school they teach you so many absracts and jargons that you cant see with your eyes but you still chose to believe!
None of those abstract jargons requires you by threat or inducement to believe in them. None of those abstract jargons claim to have died for anyone, they do not ask for a relationship with you. The kind of relationship that the Bible God wants cannot be based on faith but real evidence. Is your relationship with your biological father based on faith?
I have always wondered how the Bible God could for love sake give his only begotten son(remember it was a physical act) but he cannot physically speak to people today. Which is more difficult to do? And if he has done the difficult one then why not do the easy one? It's just a lie, pure cold lie.

1 Like

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by escodotman: 4:56pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mujtahida:

Well maybe before you breathe you check all the neurological and cardiovascular dynamics involved but I know I just breathe. In, out. Simple.

Who made whatever? I do not KNOW. I BELIEVE God did. But not the Bible God! If you like cry from now till forever it would not change my mind. Until the Bible God speaks I will not deceive myself to say I know anything about him just because I read a book. So outside of that book God has no existence. You hear Christians saying ridiculous things like 'the Bible says' our church is a Bible believing church' Goshhh!!! Their Bible is their God. Bibliotary. Idol worshippers just like all other religions.

Who made whatever? Do you KNOW who did? Based on a book? Hahahahahah hahahaha.
U keep saying the ''Christian God'' the ''Bible God'' yet you neva told us any other God you knw! Lol. You've got plenty things against the Bible, yet even when you wer in school most of the knowledge you got there were grossly helped with the aid of those textbooks and explained to you through a teacher!! Dont you get it? Everything has to be documented wether in a textbook or in a Bible. Peace
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by malvisguy212: 4:57pm On Jun 11, 2017
pweetiedee:

I can preach the gospel to myself.
I can read the Bible, isn't that what pastors read?
indeed, knowledge have increase and many have wax cold.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Mujtahida: 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2017
escodotman:
U keep saying the ''Christian God'' the ''Bible God'' yet you neva told us any other God you knw! Lol. You've got plenty things against the Bible, yet even when you wer in school most of the knowledge you got there were grossly helped with the aid of those textbooks and explained to you through a teacher!! Dont you get it? Everything has to be documented wether in a textbook or in a Bible. Peace
Understand my point. God cannot be taught! God cannot be in a book! Get it, would you? God is too vital to our lives to be a subject in a book. Do you breathe from a book? The God that lives inside the Bible is the handwork of men

I know no God, the Bible God or any other. I just believe that God exist. And I believe that God is not the Bible God. You are free to follow your Bible God. After all I did until I realised I was worshiping a thing constructed by men. What's so difficult about God speaking by himself to his children in church without a pastor or prophet or human mouth piece. Until he does speak by himself I will not give credence to his claims. Simple

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by escodotman: 5:04pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mujtahida:

None of those abstract jargons requires you by threat or inducement to believe in them. None of those abstract jargons claim to have died for anyone, they do not ask for a relationship with you. The kind of relationship that the Bible God wants cannot be based on faith but real evidence. Is your relationship with your biological father based on faith?
I have always wondered how the Bible God could for love sake give his only begotten son(remember it was a physical act) but he cannot physically speak to people today. Which is more difficult to do? And if he has done the difficult one then why not do the easy one? It's just a lie, pure cold lie.
sir/ma My biological father is flesh but God is spirit? Got it? You need a physical evidence for you to believe that God exists?? Loool. I asked you who made the sun, the moon, the stars, the earth and other planets.
....but you kept mute with your answer!
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Geesaintagape: 5:07pm On Jun 11, 2017
Church no follow
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by escodotman: 5:08pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mujtahida:

Understand my point. God cannot be taught! God cannot be in a book! Get it, would you? God is too vital to our lives to be a subject in a book. Do you breathe from a book? The God that lives inside the Bible is the handwork of men

I know no God, the Bible God or any other. I just believe that God exist. And I believe that God is not the Bible God. You are free to follow your Bible God. After all I did until I realised I was worshiping a thing constructed by men. What's so difficult about God speaking by himself to his children in church without a pastor or prophet or human mouth piece. Until he does speak by himself I will not give credence to his claims. Simple
Well you ''just believe'' that God exists... And has that God spoken to you? If not, why do you also believe in His existence
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by escodotman: 5:12pm On Jun 11, 2017
Mujtahida:

You claim you ''just believe'' that God exists, has that God spoken to you to make you believ that? If not, why then do you believe in His existence?
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Mujtahida: 5:14pm On Jun 11, 2017
escodotman:
sir/ma My biological father is flesh but God is spirit? Got it? You need a physical evidence for you to believe that God exists?? Loool. I asked you who made the sun, the moon, the stars, the earth and other planets.
....but you kept mute with your answer!
Go back and read I answered the question on who made what. But just to reiterate. I BELIEVE God created this world but I do not believe that that God is the Bible God.
Bible God is spirit abi? But he claims that he talks is that not so? That's something flesh and blood does.
If the Bible God is spirit let him go and relate with spirits. We are flesh and blood. We need things in flesh and blood. Man cannot live by bread alone abi? Try to live by spirit alone and see if you will not die. If God had not physically sent his son(as claimed) would you believe in his son today? So there's nothing wrong for me to demand physical evidence.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Mujtahida: 5:23pm On Jun 11, 2017
escodotman:
You claim you ''just believe'' that God exists, has that God spoken to you to make you believ that? If not, why then do you believe in His existence?
I believe because I see creation.When he speaks to me I will no longer believe, I will KNOW he exist. But for now all I can do is believe.
The moment any God(as the Bible God does) begins to ask for relationship then that God must not be believed in, he must be KNOWN. But all you have even with your book is believe. He is your father but all you have is believe. Go on with it but I cannot. My heart hungers for more than believe from any God who requires relationship with me. The God I believe in is on his own and I am on my own. No demands, no relationship. Get it?
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jun 11, 2017
homesteady:
I haven't gone to church for like 3 Sundays now!

Mainly due to Laziness and I'm gradually losing the will! Most importantly, I hate being a hypocrite!
Same here mahn, too much hypocrisy in the church
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by praise1705(f): 5:40pm On Jun 11, 2017
youths now go to work on Sundays
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by OtemAtum: 5:40pm On Jun 11, 2017
dazzlingd:

What is the age of Aquarius, and what is Pisces
The Age of Aquarius is an age where humans see themselves as God and use their abilities to the maximum. The destiny of human beings are in their own hands in these age. The age of Pisces is that which few humans manifest as gods over the majority of humans.
Re: Why Many Youths Are No Longer Going To Church by Sebastine1994(m): 5:45pm On Jun 11, 2017
Narlysilva:

you only go for new year vigil yearly and you're still breathing... And that doesn't shock you? that should show you how faithful God is to you... Not minding the fact that you've not been seeking his presence... Just imagine if at all God was a man and you did same to him... Do You think he'll spare you... I bet your answer will be NO... I really wonder how you feel when you say you only go to church once a year... (it makes you Happy?)

dude HELL is real!... Run to Jesus now... Cause You can't save yourself... Going to church builds you up and makes your faith stronger... forget what others are saying here... It will only mislead you and harden your heart from going to church making you think God doesn't speak through men any more...

you are not making sense. Only using Fear to persuade

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

8 Amazing facts about salvation you will not hear in many churches. / My Greatest Sexual Temptation As A Christian / Roman Catholic Is Not A Church, But A Modernised Way Of Idolatry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.