Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,181 members, 7,953,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:45 PM

Mushroom Cultivation Simplified - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Mushroom Cultivation Simplified (18973 Views)

After 7 Months Of Cultivation, Nigerian Soldier Harvests Her Rice (photos) / Detail Business Plan And Proposal For Cassava Farming, From Cultivation To...... / Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by Bobbyg: 8:54pm On Jun 01, 2018
Bobbyg:
Plc end me the eBook 2. thank
kinganigh@yahoo.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by hajlat2(m): 7:24am On Jun 02, 2018
@op, please why do we need to soak the cardboard and newspaper in water and detergent ?
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by wilfox(m): 4:27pm On Jun 04, 2018
danok93@gmail.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by benzion72(m): 7:52am On Jul 07, 2018
hajlat2:
@op, please why do we need to soak the cardboard and newspaper in water and detergent ?

To kill micro organisms competitors
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by SOLOMiN: 8:35am On Jul 07, 2018
A beautiful morning to you OP, please send me d ebook solominpeace@gmail.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by bioemmy: 3:08pm On Jul 22, 2018
OP, great job you're doing.
Pls send me a copy of the book.
Bioemmanuel94@gmail.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by tomwee: 4:23pm On Jul 22, 2018
Thank you OP, please send the E-book and I need to consult you too.
emenyedu@gmail.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by Topze(m): 6:27am On Aug 15, 2018
Please send me a copy of the ebook to topzeogunbiyi@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by Topze(m): 7:00pm On Aug 17, 2018
How much do spawns cost
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by benzion72(m): 10:39am On Aug 18, 2018
Go to Firo Oshodi or Nihort Ibadan or Rivers state university of science and technology port Harcourt
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by PoWConsulting: 1:02pm On Aug 18, 2018
PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!

BUY TWO, GET ONE FREE!!!

Purchase one of the following Business Plans or Manuals and get one FREE!!! You get to choose!

1. Business Plan on Grasscutter Farming: How to profitably rear, process and package grasscutters with information on where you can get High Quality and mature breeds of grasscutters, cage and other inputs. A comprehensive & bankable business plan for prospective entrepreneurs… Call to get the Table of Contents.

2. Business plan on Catfish Production and Processing: A Bankable Business Plan on Catfish production from Hatchery to Smoked fish…Call to get the Table of Contents.

3. Business Plan on the Establishment of a Small scale Mechanized Gari Production Centre. Call to get the Table of Contents.

4. Business Plan on Instant Plantain Flour Production. Call to get the Table of Contents.

5. Business Plan on Custard Powder Production. Call to get the Table of Contents.

6. Manual on Cosmetics and Soap Production: How to produce 35 Soap and cosmetics products… Black Soap (Liquid and Bar), Detergent powder, Solid detergent, Liquid Soap, Toilet Soap, Toilet Cleanser, Medicated Soap, Laundry Soap (Paste and Bar), Car wash Soap , Olive oil Soap, Anti-dandroff shampoo, Bleach, Toilet roll, Body Cream, Hair Cream, Hair Conditioner, Relaxer, Styling Gels etc.

7. Manual on Bakery, Pastries and Confectioneries: How to produce 28 products…Cassava bread, Plain bread, Wheat bread, Cakes, Meat pie, Doughnut, buns, Sausage roll, Scotch egg, Ice cream, Yoghurt, Cookies etc.

8. Manual on Fruit Juice and Drink Production: How to produce, preserve and package Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Zobo Drink and Palm wine Drink. This process technology will extend the shelf life of the products for more than six months!

9. Manual on Edible Mushroom Cultivation: The process technology for cultivating, harvesting, Processing and Packaging Edible Mushrooms. A great, Unique and Profitable Agribusiness.

10. Manual on Vegetables Farming: How to cultivate Ugwu leaf, Bitter leaf, Water leaf, Jute leaf, Shoko leaf, Dwarf pawpaw and Cucumber using the best cultivation practices, organic fertilizers and seeds

11. Manual on Cassava processing into Gari

12. Manual on Cassava processing into Odourless Fufu Flour

13. Manual on Cassava processing into High Quality Cassava Flour

14. Manual on Cassava processing into Industrial Cassava Starch

15. Manual on Cassava processing into Fermented Cassava Flour (Lafun)

16. Manual on Cassava processing into Adhesives from Cassava Starch

17. Manual on Plantain Chips Production, Preservation and Packaging

18. Manual on Instant Plantain Flour Production

19. Manual on Poundo Yam Flour Production, Preservation and Packaging

AND MANY MORE!!!

These manuals contain information on the best production practice, improved variety of seeds, best fertilizer for planting, best process technology from foremost research Institutes in Nigeria. It also contains practical photos of the processes, procedures, equipments and machineries, and source of these inputs (ingredients, chemicals, equipments etc) in Nigeria.

Our business plan gives a holistic feasibility report of the production and technical plan, market analysis, marketing plan, personnel and labour management and most importantly, the financial plan which is standard and BANKABLE!!!

Contact our Agribusiness Investment Analyst on +2347039664655 for more information

WhatsApp: +2347039664655

Visit our Facebook page at Pillars of Wealth Consulting Limited for more agribusiness investment opportunities

Email: pillarsofwealthconsulting@gmail.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by FarmerBenaiah: 11:21pm On Aug 18, 2018
benzion72:

Producing Oyster Mushroom from Sawdust

Mushroom are fungi they grow on dead organic matter like tree, they help nature in the decomposition of tree trunk, we cant enjoy life without them imagine if things don’t rot all the cut tree will remain as they are forever.

To produce mushroom from Saw dust you need saw dust that is not fresh fresh sawdust have resin that will prevent decomposition. Don’t go directly to the dorma machine to collect your sawdust get sawdust that has being dumped for long. Fresh saw dust are white in colour it also depemd on the nature of the wood. Spent saw dsut range from colour brown to deep brown.
Collect as many as you like but weigh out 10kg of the saw dust get bricklayer sieve or you can improvise one with book haram net like the picture I will attached latter. Sieve all the unwanted stuff big particle wood splinter, this can tear your nylon
Add water and mix with a shovel like a bricklayer will mix concerete, sand and cement. Your own target is to make the saw dust wet and not drench

Fist Test
Hold a handful of the saw dust in your hand if water droplet come out fast then the water is too much, but if it drop may be once or twice that is alright.Your target is to have 60 percent water content.
Remember mushroom don’t need water to survive all the water they will need in their life time is supplied inside the sawdust, subsequent water is for maintaining high moisture content humidity. After getting the sawdust/ water ratio very well. You can add additive like 1kg of broiler starter to 10kg of the saw dust to enrich the substrate mix it evenly you can also add 0.1kg of Urea fertilizer also mixed evenly. Pack the saw dust in a nylon. The one I am using is called Ice block nylon it is sold N150 for 36 piece double the nylon because it will go through heat treatment.
Put a 1inch piece of PVC pipe on the nylon you will see it in the picture I will post latter. Use rubber band to hold the nylon and plug with cotton wool. Thereafter get old news paper to cover the mouth and tie with rubber band again refer to the picture attached.
Depending on your level of production you will need a 55 gallon drum that can take like 60bags of 1kg nylon at once, the drum also must have cover with protective lock you will see it in the attached picture
Place a tray inside the drum and use sack to line the drum and place the substrate inside the drum pour water to a quarter of the drum first ring ,there are three ring on a drum, set the substrate in the drum until it reach the top you can invert the last substrate upside down so the steam can reach everywhere.
Place the drum on fire make sure you drill a hole on the drum cover with nail to allow steam to come out and fire the drum continuously for two hours . after two hours allow the drum to cool down probably the second day depending on the time you started the work.
Move all the bags to the inoculation room. Spray disinfectant all through the room on your hand on the spawn bottle. Knock the spawn bottle on your hand to brake the lump of spawn or use disinfected long metal to break the spawn, you can pass the long metal e.g through fire before you insert it into your spawn bottle.
Please note that spawn is white in colour or light brown depend on age. Any green spawn is contaminated. Please do not bother to open such spawn bottle in your growing room.
Gently open the substrate and pour few grain of the spawn inside and quickly cover the span with the cotton wool and the paper that is inoculation. Perform inculation for all the mushroom
How much spawn do I need
You need 1bottle of spawn to inoculate10 bags of spawn, the more the spawn the quicker the colonization and the faster the fruiting,
Keep the substrate in a dark room. With adequate ventilation. Also guide against Rat, they love to feed on spawn, the odour is attractive so be ready to wage war against the rats.

Depending on the type of wood it may take up to three month for oyster to colonize sawdust, while paper are colonized in 30 days, and tissue paper in 17days. But the ease of colonization also influence the length of fruiting while sawdust can fruit for one month plus tissue paper can do two weeks and paper one month. All has it advantages.

After complete colonization that is the sawdust will be consumed by the mushroom, it will turn pure white. When this happen the mushroom substrate are moved to fruiting room where the temperature are regulated with cloths hanged on wall and mist with water two to three time daily to increase the humidity. You may need hygrometer to monitor the humidity

After 5 days mushroom pin will start showing and after five days they are ready for harvest. I will now provide the picture narration of all my talk

After mixing your substrate, cover it with black nylon to fasten decomposition.
mix and add water until, it's wet not soaked.
being patient with the decomposition will increase your output.
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by Sodiq36: 9:52am On Sep 29, 2018
Please I need the e-book,my email sodiqsalaudeen36@gmail.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by sylvadan: 4:59pm On Sep 29, 2018
benzion72:

Mushroom Production Using waste paper

Material needed
A lot of paper
Water
Omo/Whao
Spawn
Nylon Bags
PVC pipe
Cotton wool
Rubber bands
Dettol

Material and method
We are using cold process so there is no need for heating anything.
Pour 10 liters of water in a bucket or basin
Add 100 gram of Omo, Whao or any detergent
Soak the paper inside
Shred the paper
Allow it to soak for 24 hours
Sieve out the water
Press the sieve out paper until the moisture content is 60 percent water must not be dripping out
Break spawn inside bottle with a disinfected metal
place the pressed paper in the nylon 2 inches and spread the spawn at the edge of the of the nylon
add another layer of paper
spread spawn
repeat this until the nylon is half full
place the one inch pvc pipe and tie with rubber band
Plug the mouth with cotton wool
Repeat the process until you exhaust the paper
Move the inoculated paper into a dark place
It will be fully colonized in 21 days
After full colonization you are to move the colonized paper into a fruiting chamber where the humidity is around 80 to 90 percent your bathroom will do with hanged cloth wet daily after ten days you will have mushroom coming out

God bless u for this good work.
Am intereted pls the doc to me
silvany830@yahoo.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by Lafarm: 12:55am On Sep 30, 2018
@op, hope the detergent will not kill the spawn ?
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by benzion72(m): 2:20pm On Sep 30, 2018
Lafarm:
@op, hope the detergent will not kill the spawn ?

You will squeeze out the detergent water. It does not affect it
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by invinzible1: 10:43pm On Sep 30, 2018
benzion72:

You will squeeze out the detergent water. It does not affect it
Just saw this post this night...kindly send to matthewedward88@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by showjoseph(m): 1:11pm On Oct 19, 2018
I really appreciate you for the information revealed on this thread, kindly forward the e-book to my mail. showjoseph4real@gmail.com
Thanks
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by mccben4(m): 10:19am On Nov 15, 2018
benzion72:
Some Terminilogies In Mushroom production

To succeed in mushroom production, you need to get familiar with the common terminilogies, i need to lay this foundation before going to the production so you will not get confused

SUBSTRATE

Seeds and stem of green plant grow on the soil, mushroom grow on substrate since they are saprophytic in nature they grow on dead and decaying organic matter. So any organic matter that you want to grow your mushroom on is called substrate they may be Sawdust, Paper, maize cobs, they may be rice bran, rice husk any dead organic matter. depending on the type of mushroom you may need to compost it or it may not need further composting. Oyster mushroom will grow on any type of substrate.

SPAWN

Seed of green plant germinate when planted and stem cutting also germinate, in mushroom the planting material is called spawn. This are vegetatively part of mushroom grown on grain such as sorghum, rye, millet etc

INNOCULATION

Plant seed are planted directly into the soil and after some days they germinate. in Mushroom production, it is planted by innoculating the sterilized substrate using the spawn
please send me a copy of the e book @ mccben4@gmail.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by Canadaimmigrati: 3:48pm On Nov 17, 2018
Please send me your eBook. Very interesting reading. God bless you
ekwulugo@gmail.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by miltonchux(m): 9:31am On Nov 18, 2018
Please I will need the ebook. Send to: miltonojugbeli@gmail.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by benzion72(m): 1:45pm On Nov 18, 2018
miltonchux:
Please I will need the ebook. Send to: miltonojugbeli@gmail.com

Your email inbox is complaining of waitlisting
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by stevolution5: 6:42pm On Nov 18, 2018
Pls do you think you can break this step down a little bit more in such a way a complete novice like me who is gathering research about mushrooms grooming will understand, what kind of disinfectant do you use, and I'll also be interested in the ebook, thanks a lot
benzion72:
spray disnfectant on the spawn before opening it

wash your hand and disinfect it too
slightly open the substrate
pour few grains of spawn
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by benzion72(m): 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2018
stevolution5:
Pls do you think you can break this step down a little bit more in such a way a complete novice like me who is gathering research about mushrooms grooming will understand, what kind of disinfectant do you use, and I'll also be interested in the ebook, thanks a lot

Dettol
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by Zammzammm: 12:01am On Nov 19, 2018
Please I need the e-book my email address is samobioh@yahoo.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by GBADEYZ: 8:03am On Nov 19, 2018
I also need the e-book gbadeahmed@gmail.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by trekkie: 10:06pm On Nov 28, 2018
Please send to blu7066@gmail.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by trekkie: 2:09pm On Nov 29, 2018
Received with thanks

1 Like

Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by ejibamui: 8:36pm On Dec 03, 2018
pls send mushroom eBook to muideenayinla@gmail.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by chiprice: 12:57pm On Jan 19, 2019
Good work Sir. please I would like you to tell us how to make mushrooms pawn
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by Abramgreen: 10:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
Do you have the humidifier for sale? If yes,price?
Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Pawpaw Hybrid Seed For Planting? / Agricultural Transformation, Enugu Begins Export Of Pineapples. / Poultry Farming, For Meat Or For Egg?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.