Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

Mushroom Cultivation Simplified - Agriculture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Mushroom Cultivation Simplified (18326 Views)

After 7 Months Of Cultivation, Nigerian Soldier Harvests Her Rice (photos) / Detail Business Plan And Proposal For Cassava Farming, From Cultivation To...... / Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by ChngedChnges(m): 7:24am On Jan 26, 2021
Pls send to me too nelliwertz@gmail.com thank u
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by IRIENBOY(m): 7:31pm On Jan 26, 2021
please I still need the eBook thanks...peteririen@gmail.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by royaldeals(m): 12:00am On May 04, 2021
Thanks for this write-up.
Please, kindly send the ebook to ....... royaldeals@gmail.com.
Thanks.
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by bizzibodi(m): 10:11am On Sep 14, 2022
please I still need the eBook thanks... goldenage2k@gmail.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by benzion72(m): 4:55pm On Sep 15, 2022
e author=bizzibodi post=116651763]please I still need the eBook thanks... goldenage2k@gmail.com[/quote]DDone
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by bizzibodi(m): 4:42pm On Sep 17, 2022
please I still need the eBook thanks... goldenage2k@gmail.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by Damony: 7:38am On Apr 22, 2023
Only God can reward you sir. Thanks for giving us value. Please, I will also need the ebook

danieleddy31@gmail.com

God bless you sir

benzion72:

Mushroom cultivation is not prominent among Nigerian farmer , but it is cultivated in Ghana, kenya and many part of the world. Mushroom is not a green plant that has chlorophyll that it can use to synthesis its own food through photosynthesis. They are majorly saprophytes. They depend on decaying organic matter to produce there food.

Some advantages of cultivating mushroom include:

1. Mushroom is a bio-converter helping to convert any organic waste into useful food, you can use waste such as sawdust, paper, grass, straw, leaves as food for mushroom
2. Mushroom is rich in protein and vitamin, it can conveniently replace meat with cholesterol in food, it has satisfying taste in the mouth
3. Unlike green plant that take 90 day to yield you can start harvesting mushroom within 45 days of planting
4. Mushroom does not require plowing , harrowing, weeding and so many cultural practices, you dont even need fertilizer to produce mushroom
5. The cost of starting mushroom business is so small and affordable,

There are so many species of mushroom like Lion Maine, shiitake, Oyster mushroom. The most popular and most adaptive to our environment are Oyster and Shiitake.

Steps involve in Mushroom cultivation include
1. Sterilization
2, Inoculation or spawning
3. Colonization
4. Fruiting

Each of this step will be explained as we go on. Picture evidence will also be posted. Some common term also include

1. Substrate
2. Spawn
3. Fruit body

Some of the raw material you need for production include

1. Sawdust
2. Chalk
3. Polythene Bag
4. PVC pipe
5. Rubber Band
6. A little space
7.Humidifier

Professional in the business can also join us in the discussion

Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by noblebaba: 9:13am On Apr 22, 2023
Pls I need the ebook .idowu761@Gmail. com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by Firstinline(m): 7:18pm On Aug 15, 2023
Please how can I get the spawn from you?
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by fobuah8(m): 7:56pm On Aug 16, 2023
I am interested please send me the ebook to my email address fobuah8@gmail.com
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by benzion72(m): 2:49pm On Aug 17, 2023
Firstinline:
Please how can I get the spawn from you?

Depending on your location. Lagos go to FIRO at Oshodi, If you are in Ibadan go to NIHORT at Jericho in Ibadan. Benin Go to University of Benin Department of Mushroom study. Port Harcourt go to River State University of Science and Technology Agriculture Department at Osun go to Aisu Gbongan Road
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by Firstinline(m): 7:51pm On Aug 17, 2023
benzion72:

Depending on your location. Lagos go to FIRO at Oshodi, If you are in Ibadan go to NIHORT at Jericho in Ibadan. Benin Go to University of Benin Department of Mushroom study. Port Harcourt go to River State University of Science and Technology Agriculture Department at Osun go to Aisu Gbongan Road
Thanks for the information, I am in Lagos so I,LL try and locate FIiRO oshodi. But I also need some training regarding this. Do you know where I can get trained on mushroom farming in Lagos?
Re: Mushroom Cultivation Simplified by benzion72(m): 6:09am On Aug 18, 2023
Firstinline:

Thanks for the information, I am in Lagos so I,LL try and locate FIiRO oshodi. But I also need some training regarding this. Do you know where I can get trained on mushroom farming in Lagos?

Firro can also train you. YouTube.com is also your friend. Don't fall into the hand of dubious staff . Get spawn from them. Start small and ask questions you will get it right

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Drip Irrigation For Vegies ACRE and HECTARE Kit... Talk to us / Dangote fertilizer Urea 46%+ is Available. / Feeding My Fishes With Maggots, Is There Any Side Effects??

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.