Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,822 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding (1049 Views)

My Fiancee Is Very Aggressive And Rude / Urgent Help!! My Fiancee Is Now Addicted To Something Else. I Feel Very Sad / Horrific Way I Discovered My Fiancee Is Not Only A Cheat But A Prostitute. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by tithe(m): 4:54pm On Jan 22, 2010
Why should she be insisting on court weeding, i strongly believe she is up to something. After all this is Africa not America.

Am not comfortable with this  sad, I believe she wants to take over my hard earned wealth
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by afrobaby(f): 5:04pm On Jan 22, 2010
its becos its africa, dats why she wants it, if u do not have anything hiding or something fishing, why oblige, do what she wants or u can go for someone dat will just pack into ur house without even her parents consent
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by justwise(m): 5:07pm On Jan 22, 2010
tithe:

Why should she be insisting on court weeding, i strongly believe she is up to something. After all this is Africa not America.

Am not comfortable with this sad, I believe she wants to take over my hard earned wealth

I don't buy the idea of court wedding, why would she be thinking of what to claim in case the marriage ends even b4 it started?

Its good to start with positive mind, marriage has become business venture, pple think of profit b4 going into the business
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by elecktra(f): 5:18pm On Jan 22, 2010
duh she just wants to be your legal wife which binds you to the one man one woman thingy whoever said its all about the money abeg your wealth

may even be the last thing on her mind,so a woman cannot take over your property without going to court abi ?? grow up jare
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by sesman(m): 5:23pm On Jan 22, 2010
of course i would grant her a court wedding, but she will also have to sign a prenupital agreement. grin
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by justwise(m): 5:26pm On Jan 22, 2010
elecktra:

duh she just wants to be your legal wife which binds you to the one man one woman thingy whoever said its all about the money abeg your wealth

may even be the last thing on her mind,so a woman cannot take over your property without going to court abi ?? grow up jare

Give me a break here, we all know that one of the major reasons some women insist on court wedding has to do with materia gain.
It got nothing to do with legal wife.
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by justwise(m): 5:27pm On Jan 22, 2010
sesman:

of course i would grant her a court wedding, but she will also have to sign a prenupital agreement. grin

Absolutely!!!
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 22, 2010
Some women do it because its cheaper why are guys always worrying about their imaginary wealth? grin
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by justwise(m): 5:36pm On Jan 22, 2010
Ebonyeyes:

Some women do it because its cheaper why are guys always worrying about their imaginary wealth? grin

I will be worried if a girl i'm inlove with is more concerned abt court wedding than white wedding. It will send wrong messages.

Interms of being cheap, yes i agree, but if i have the money for white wedding and she is insisting on court one then i smell a rat.
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by ladybird77(f): 5:39pm On Jan 22, 2010
@justwise i guess u do make a point so yeah i mean if am with someone dat has money den i wld want a white wedding but if we are just comfortable den anything is just fine.
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by justwise(m): 5:41pm On Jan 22, 2010
ladybird77:

@justwise i guess u do make a point so yeah i mean if am with someone dat has money den i wld want a white wedding but if we are just comfortable den anything is just fine.

Sure, if we don't have much for good white wedding then court one will do. But in Nigeria, when pple start talking abt court wedding even when u can afford white one then there are more to it.
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by ladybird77(f): 5:45pm On Jan 22, 2010
I guess so,
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by elecktra(f): 5:49pm On Jan 22, 2010
Mr. justwise all am trying to say is court marriage is not all about wat she ll get from the marriage intents are different a girl might want a court

wedding for pure reasons and the next might for selfish reasons i just dont think you should generalize girls who want court wedding as materialistic
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by Bplnsa: 5:56pm On Jan 22, 2010
It could be for security purpose cos men this could be very funny. Everyone needs assurance. Its both ways.
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by Nobody: 6:12pm On Jan 22, 2010
Well, you can never be too careful . . cheesy
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by tithe(m): 6:48pm On Jan 22, 2010
Bplnsa:

It could be for security purpose cos men this could be very funny. Everyone needs assurance. Its both ways.
Such should be suggested by the man and not otherwise
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by deniyor: 7:22pm On Jan 22, 2010
stop complaining, u know u r going to do the court wedding as she wants anyways, grin
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by EngrT1(m): 8:04pm On Jan 22, 2010
@POSTER
marriage is not for men all over d world,
just do it d way she want it, and get over with it
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by LordReed(m): 9:56pm On Jan 22, 2010
See us see wahala o! If she wants white wedding now u will say she wants to bankrupt u b4 the marriage even begins.

Abeg u don't have serious work dats why u are worried over trivialities.
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by justwise(m): 9:19am On Jan 23, 2010
elecktra:

Mr. justwise all am trying to say is court marriage is not all about wat she ll get from the marriage intents are different a girl might want a court

wedding for pure reasons and the next might for selfish reasons i just dont think you should generalize girls who want court wedding as materialistic

Mrs elecktra i take ur point.
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by na2day2(m): 6:29pm On Jan 23, 2010
tithe:

Am not comfortable with this  sad, I believe she wants to take over my hard earned wealth

nothing wrong with court wedding, just make sure she signs a prenup first wink wink wink
Re: When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding by Devonian(m): 3:21pm On Jan 24, 2010
In terms of LEGALITY, there is no difference between court wedding and church wedding held in the Anglican and Methodist churches, and possibly other similar churches. Why? before any weddings could take place in these denominations, you would have to file marriage notice for specified amount of time, and the 'bans of marriage' must be annouced 3 weeks before the wedding day. At the wedding service, you follow a religious rite, and sign, in triplicate, the same marriage certificate you would have in the Court: the church retains a copy and you're given two copies  - 1 for the couple and the other to be handed over by the couple to the local registry. In these respects, the legality of marriages in these churches is at par with those held in the court.  THIS MAY NOT BE THE CASE WITH CHURCHES MUSHROOMING ALL OVER NAIJA. Saying that, it's a criminal offence (which attracts a jail term) to conduct wedding(s) in a church that has not be so licensed.

(1) (Reply)

Why O Why? / What Is The Dumbest Gift You'v Ever Received? / Oboy See Mi Si Wahala What Sort Of Life Is This

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.