Stats: 3,157,903 members, 7,835,013 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? (20667 Views)

Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like During This Lockdown? / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by TOPMAN4LIFE: 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2017
NubiLove:
Get an inverter and 200AH inverter battery... use your generator to charge, you would be able to use TV, light and fan.
Please l am planning to start using inverter, how many hours does it take u to charge ur 200AH battery with generator and what is d capacity of ur generator
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Donsammi(m): 5:53pm On Jun 15, 2017
adedayoa2:
wow, I stay in shelter farm area of kubwa and the light is fair enough
shelter farm area dey get light nah.
that's cool. same here in 2/1 kubwa
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Yungbitz(m): 5:58pm On Jun 15, 2017
Solmax:
I am Serving in Lafia, Nasarawa state.
The light situation is just too bad, the worst place I have ever stayed. I see light at most 3-5 hours in a Week mostly at weekends. Now sef no light
Unlucky you. Lafia is a shit hole. Akwanga and Keffi are much better. heck, even villages before Lafia have better light

Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by starkid1996(m): 5:59pm On Jun 15, 2017
Uninterupted darkness in my area nkpor junction toward ogidi for up to six month now
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:02pm On Jun 15, 2017
1st of all do NOT use your battery till it is almost drained out - that reduces the lifespan considerably. Always aim to use it to a minimum of 50% battery life before charging.

Using a 30 Amps battery charger, it takes 6 - 8 hours to charge a 200AH battery when it is below 10% battery (assuming that 100% is full charge and 0% means battery is drained out).

You can use the lowest generator in the market (650 watts) called I better pass my neighbour BUT you would have to lower the battery charger to 10 - 15 Amps so that the generator does not switch off... and it would take longer (like 12 - 18 hours if your battery is drained out) than using bigger generators like 2,200 watts generator (2.5kva generator).

Capacity of my generator is 2.5kva, it gives 2,200 watts per hour.

A 200AH battery has the capacity of 2400 watts (used over a 20 hours period). So, what ever you plug into your inverter you check the power ratings to do the calculation on when to charge.

I charge my battery for 3 - 4 hours (4 times of 40 minutes - 1 hour charging)... and I get more than 16 hours, I switch between using laptop alone and using TV, decoder, fan and light all at the same time in the night.

TOPMAN4LIFE:

Please l am planning to start using inverter, how many hours does it take u to charge ur 200AH battery with generator and what is d capacity of ur generator

Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by fohlarp: 6:13pm On Jun 15, 2017
My area in Ibadan regular 4 sm time no more wasteful spendg fuelg gen.d thg don dey beta small small.visited Abulegba lag last wk d thg worse na only midnite Gvt do smthg
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by TOPMAN4LIFE: 6:18pm On Jun 15, 2017
NubiLove:
1st of all do NOT use your battery till it is almost drained out - that reduces the lifespan considerably. Always aim to use it to a minimum of 50% battery life before charging.

Using a 30 Amps battery charger, it takes 6 - 8 hours to charge a 200AH battery when it is below 10% battery (assuming that 100% is full charge and 0% means battery is drained out).

You can use the lowest generator in the market (650 watts) called I better pass my neighbour BUT you would have to lower the battery charger to 10 - 15 Amps so that the generator does not switch off... and it would take longer (like 12 - 18 hours if your battery is drained out) than using bigger generators like 2,200 watts generator (2.5kva generator).

Capacity of my generator is 2.5kva, it gives 2,200 watts per hour.

A 200AH battery has the capacity of 2400 watts (used over a 20 hours period). So, what ever you plug into your inverter you check the power ratings to do the calculation on when to charge.

I charge my battery for 3 - 4 hours (4 times of 40 minutes - 1 hour charging)... and I get more than 16 hours, I switch between using laptop alone and using TV, decoder, fan and light all at the same time in the night.

Thank you, please l want to use my "l pass my neighbor" generator to charge. Please av u tried it before, if so, did it work?
I currently have sukam 1050 VA inverter and l am planning to buy 100amp battery
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Frankmiles: 6:20pm On Jun 15, 2017
babniyen:
Same here in Bogije. Going on 7 weeks.

This area just worst. I don lose hope. Painful part, awoyaya & co. dey ball hard.
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by smileyoo: 6:22pm On Jun 15, 2017
infact nepa matter be like nigeria matter, & the matter done tire man-pikin. for the past 3months, no light in some part of ajuwon in lagos, as nphc kidnapped the transformer for repairs.
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by adollyboy(m): 6:24pm On Jun 15, 2017
We don't have light in my area o. I. L. O, sango ota.Ogun State. Ibadan Electricity Distribution Company is the worst among them. No light. IBEDC should be scrapped.
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 6:27pm On Jun 15, 2017
It would work, but you have to reduce the setting of the battery charger (either the one with the inverter or stand alone battery charger). If it is too high, the generator would just switch off.

TOPMAN4LIFE:
Thank you, please l want to use my "l pass my neighbor" generator to charge. Please av u tried it before, if so, did it work?
I currently have sukam 1050 VA inverter and l am planning to buy 100amp battery
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by rosebuzz(f): 6:28pm On Jun 15, 2017
Placiddust:
The man above me, you can't be "righter". Practically dead in my area.... Ajara Badagry Lagos state
same here in Ikoga 4days now no light.
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by yemoxyl(m): 6:28pm On Jun 15, 2017
in shagam it's OK, there is light even when it's raining
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by talktonase(m): 6:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
free2rime:
I just move to this neighbourhood in Gbazango Area of Kubwa and the light situation is one of the worse in Nigeria. We get as low as 2 hours of electiricity in the morning and 2 hours at Night.

Surprisingly, the adjoining areas like Federal Housing, Dantata Estate, other parts of Kubwa, Dutse Alhaji and even the closest which is Arab Road enjoy almost 24 hours of Light.

All entreaties to @PHCNnigeria to atleast reconnect the Area which has been regarded as kubwa village to the 33 KVA line which Arab Road uses has fallen on deaf hear. Someone please help me get the attention of @tundefashola to come to our aid.

for the past 6months I have had uninterrupted power supply...https://www.nairaland.com/3839245/when-last-time-enjoyed-2weeks
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by orjaha(m): 7:29pm On Jun 15, 2017
hope you guys are telling the truth. coz I know is only in NIGERIA U WILL PAY FOR WHAT YOU DON'T SUP.... WE PAY FOR WHAT WE DON'T USE

No good light in my area oooo
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by kzubyar(m): 7:43pm On Jun 15, 2017
free2rime:
I just move to this neighbourhood in Gbazango Area of Kubwa and the light situation is one of the worse in Nigeria. We get as low as 2 hours of electiricity in the morning and 2 hours at Night.

Surprisingly, the adjoining areas like Federal Housing, Dantata Estate, other parts of Kubwa, Dutse Alhaji and even the closest which is Arab Road enjoy almost 24 hours of Light.like 7 hour a day

All entreaties to @PHCNnigeria to atleast reconnect the Area which has been regarded as kubwa village to the 33 KVA line which Arab Road uses has fallen on deaf hear. Someone please help me get the attention of @tundefashola to come to our aid.

Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by PotatoSalad(m): 8:07pm On Jun 15, 2017
2 days uninterrupted power supply, one day off. Emene Enugu
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by harshake1: 8:33pm On Jun 15, 2017
We have almost 22 hours uninterrupted power supply everyday in Lagos island BAMGBOSE street.

Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Horo(m): 8:44pm On Jun 15, 2017
@KAREWA gra jumeta yola is 20-22 daily I can't remember the last I use my gen or inverter
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Dollabiz: 8:52pm On Jun 15, 2017
Stable
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Laredojohn(m): 9:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
Light is quite good here....18hours or more plus daily. Except there are specific issues...from Aguda, surulere...Lagos
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by mriyesecnerwal(m): 9:32pm On Jun 15, 2017
i am presently in akure and light hasnt blinked in two weeks. very sad
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2017
And I'm here thinking of how to remove fuse from meter tomorrow morning make units no go run finish. Kwali, Abuja.
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Bennycollins: 9:40pm On Jun 15, 2017
No light for over a month in my area. Learnt it's transformer fault and PHed expect the residents to raise 250k to fix.
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by winterfell007(m): 9:50pm On Jun 15, 2017
aieromon:

NESCO is very efficient and the bills are crazy as well. My generator didn't work the whole 9 months I lived in Rayfield.

Rayfield in Bukuru, that's big man area. Their bills can be expensive but atleast u are paying for service rendered

Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by suremossty(m): 9:57pm On Jun 15, 2017
We have been experiencing uninterrupted power supply on Lagos island later thought is it coz fashola family's house and my house are in the same neighborhood ... who knows?
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by CioAngels(f): 10:10pm On Jun 15, 2017
they have turned themselves to tin god, they give when they want to. their new system is just write any figure against consumption with No meter reading against present and previous reading. This is a reverse to hide the word estimated billing. NERC, this is the new way phcn have changed to, to swindle consumers. Phcn is very smart in stealing,
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by fendorf(m): 10:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
enomakos:
are you sure? I didn't think it is all area in saamu
you stay in sagamu?
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by trippleKAY(m): 10:15pm On Jun 15, 2017
it's 27hrs counting here in apapa (uninterrupted)
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by fendorf(m): 10:16pm On Jun 15, 2017
yemoxyl:
in shagam it's OK, there is light even when it's raining
true
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by otokx(m): 10:22pm On Jun 15, 2017
Bennycollins:
No light for over a month in my area. Learnt it's transformer fault and PHed expect the residents to raise 250k to fix.

we contributed to get ours fixed for the same amount you just quoted.
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Oyinlomobambam(m): 10:45pm On Jun 15, 2017
Right now, we are having 22hrs light

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

2nd Term Tickets: Plots Against Obaseki, Akeredolu, Yahaya Bello Thicken / Ekiti Debt: Fayose Will Go To Jail After Tenure, Says APC / Eyitayo Jegede And His Supporters Campaign In Akokoland (Photos)