Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,038 members, 7,838,598 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:16 AM

What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? (20681 Views)

Power Minister's Claim: What's The Electricity Supply In Your Area Like? / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like During This Lockdown? / What's The Electricity Situation In Your Area Like? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by ibkayee(f): 11:44am On Jul 18, 2017
Piiko:
Maybe an independent power project to service the interests of International oil companies
I see, possibly
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by sunpumping: 12:40pm On Jul 18, 2017
Ikeja electric ojodu branch came to remove fuse at ishaga street at ojodu Abiodun for more than a week now. I went to the head office nothing yet ooo. Ikeja electric is not it.
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Cannicus: 12:58pm On Jul 18, 2017
ibkayee:

I see, possibly

NLNG project.

They use the waste gas for electricity instead of flaring it.
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by ibkayee(f): 12:59pm On Jul 18, 2017
Cannicus:

NLNG project.

They use the waste gas for electricity instead of flaring it.

Ahh interesting, thank you

1 Like

Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by babniyen(m): 3:50pm On Jul 18, 2017
Very true. Bogije along Lekki Epe expressway has been in darkness for going on 4 months Eko Disco is a washout.
ibawon:
In IBEJU-LEKKI (ELEKO,MAGBON,AKODO down To LEKKI) It is ZERO 0 ZERO 0.
I BUY 1K fuel everyday, don't let Lekki Free Zone or some other Stupid things decieve you, for over 3 years we had no POWER, Now when they reconnected us to the power grid we thought it would be better for over 4 months it has been my Generator.
IBEJU-LEKKI IS A BLACKOUT ZONE!!!
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by otokx(m): 4:14pm On Jul 18, 2017
Our area of Alaska has bad transformer for the second time in 2017. The first time the community had all the houses contribute a total of 250000 to get it back. This second time they know that there is anger in the land so nobody is saying anything 3 weeks going.
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by dabeto: 6:24pm On Jul 18, 2017
Which kind question bi dat. We dey get am before? grin
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by babniyen(m): 4:49am On Jul 29, 2017
Up Nepa after 4 months. Eko disco is a bomb
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by moderatedguy: 6:38am On Jul 29, 2017
NubiLove:
1st of all do NOT use your battery till it is almost drained out - that reduces the lifespan considerably. Always aim to use it to a minimum of 50% battery life before charging.

Using a 30 Amps battery charger, it takes 6 - 8 hours to charge a 200AH battery when it is below 10% battery (assuming that 100% is full charge and 0% means battery is drained out).

You can use the lowest generator in the market (650 watts) called I better pass my neighbour BUT you would have to lower the battery charger to 10 - 15 Amps so that the generator does not switch off... and it would take longer (like 12 - 18 hours if your battery is drained out) than using bigger generators like 2,200 watts generator (2.5kva generator).

Capacity of my generator is 2.5kva, it gives 2,200 watts per hour.

A 200AH battery has the capacity of 2400 watts (used over a 20 hours period). So, what ever you plug into your inverter you check the power ratings to do the calculation on when to charge.

I charge my battery for 3 - 4 hours (4 times of 40 minutes - 1 hour charging)... and I get more than 16 hours, I switch between using laptop alone and using TV, decoder, fan and light all at the same time in the night.

how much can I get an inverter /battery that can power TV ,fan and bulb.
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 10:05am On Jul 29, 2017
500 watts inverter + 30 Amps Battery Charger + 200AH Deep Cycle Battery can power TV, fan and white light bulb (the yellow light bulb consumes more electricity).

500 watts inverter = around ₦7500 - ₦10,000
30 Amps Battery Charger = ₦15,000 - ₦19,000
200AH Deep Cycle Battery = ₦99,000 - ₦115,000

Their prices depends on the brand and the seller. Some sellers are just thieves, so make sure you look around, do some research online (konga, jumia) before you buy so that you can get a good deal.

moderatedguy:
how much can I get an inverter /battery that can power TV ,fan and bulb.
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by sunpumping: 10:36am On Jul 29, 2017
My area at Ojodu Abiodun within ishaga street and its axis no light for a month now. Ikeja electric are fighting with us. Even after disconnecting people they don't want to give prepaid customer light. Please house help us beg them. Please oooooooooooo
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by moderatedguy: 5:37am On Jul 30, 2017
NubiLove:
500 watts inverter + 30 Amps Battery Charger + 200AH Deep Cycle Battery can power TV, fan and white light bulb (the yellow light bulb consumes more electricity).

500 watts inverter = around ₦7500 - ₦10,000
30 Amps Battery Charger = ₦15,000 - ₦19,000
200AH Deep Cycle Battery = ₦99,000 - ₦115,000

Their prices depends on the brand and the seller. Some sellers are just thieves, so make sure you look around, do some research online (konga, jumia) before you buy so that you can get a good deal.

the battery is expensive.can't I use motor battery?
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by Nobody: 8:07am On Jul 30, 2017
Motor battery is not a deep cycle battery. It is not meant to be used that way, it would DIE in less than 4 months of use with inverter.

moderatedguy:
the battery is expensive.can't I use motor battery?
Re: What Is The Electricity Situation In Your Area? by babniyen(m): 8:58am On Aug 08, 2017
We have finally rejoined the lufe of a city dweller after 5months. Light came back about 2 weeks ago. Bogije,Ibeju Lekki.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UK Court Orders P&ID To Make Interim Payment Of £1.5m To Nigeria / Ajimobi Flags Off N70bn Road Construction In Ibadan / 2023: Ogbonnaya Onu Resigns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.