Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

My Wife Beats Me At Will, Separate Us-man Tells Court - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Wife Beats Me At Will, Separate Us-man Tells Court (604 Views)

US Man Whose Marriage Crashed Because He Was "Too Fat For Sex" (Photos) / "My Married Boyfriend Beats Me Every Time" - Lady Cries Out, Shares Pics / Man Catches His Best Friend In Bed With His Wife, Beats Him With Machete(video+p (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Wife Beats Me At Will, Separate Us-man Tells Court by Eeroh95(m): 9:36pm On Jun 16, 2017
A retiree, Taofeek Giwa, on Friday prayed an Idi-Ogungun Customary Court, Agodi-Ibadan, to dissolve the seven-year-old marriage with Abiodun Omotayo, on the ground that the respondent beats him at will.

Giwa who recently retired from the Nigerian Prisons Service, on June 9, filed a suit, seeking dissolution of the marriage.

In his testimony, the petitioner said Omotayo had turned him to a punching bag and that she constantly beats him.

According to Giwa, the defendant always used the advantage of her huge stature to oppress and treat him as inferior to her.

“She beats me on any slight provocation, I dare not correct her mistake, in fact she is in the habit of tearing my cloth.

“My lord, the worst she did recently was that she poisoned my meal in an attempt to kill me and I am not ready to die now.

“I plead with the court to separate us to avoid untimely death so that I can take care of my children and enjoy the fruits of my labour.

“This is because I just retired from active service to my country and I want to enjoy the fruit of my labour.’’ Giwa said.

Omotayo in her defence, denied all the allegations, but told the court that the petitioner was the one who used to pursue her with machete.

She agreed with the divorce request, saying she was tired of living with the plaintiff because of his adulterous life.

She, however, prayed the court to grant him custody of the only child of the marriage for proper upbringing.

President of the court, Mukaila Balogun, dissolved the marriage and gave the custody of the only child to the respondent.

Balogun further ordered the plaintiff to pay N3, 000 monthly allowance to the defendant for the maintenance of the child.

He appealed to both parties to maintain peace and jointly take care of the only child of the marriage.(NAN)
Re: My Wife Beats Me At Will, Separate Us-man Tells Court by stephleena(f): 9:38pm On Jun 16, 2017
afonjas sabi do marriage?? nonesense
Re: My Wife Beats Me At Will, Separate Us-man Tells Court by smardray(m): 10:07pm On Jun 16, 2017
stephleena:
does this mean u ar this stupid?.. Ouch awon omo igbo radarada yii sha... I couldnt ignore ur stupidity.. Sorry tho... And be reasonable enough not to quote me back

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Beats Me At Will, Separate Us-man Tells Court by whitebeard(m): 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2017
stephleena:
issokay oya u have won NCAN daily recognition, congrats .. Pls share with your friends..!!

Re: My Wife Beats Me At Will, Separate Us-man Tells Court by whitebeard(m): 10:15pm On Jun 16, 2017
smardray:
does this mean u ar this stupid?.. Ouch awon omo igbo radarada yii... I couldnt ignore ur stupidity.. Sorry tho... And be reasonable enough not to quote me back
abeg no use laugh kill me abeg..!

Re: My Wife Beats Me At Will, Separate Us-man Tells Court by princdebola201(m): 10:16pm On Jun 16, 2017
stephleena:
is that the main reason why igbos have the highest numbers of unmarried women like aunty Genny, aunty Linda,(a.k.a fish smelling pussy), aunty eucharia,aunty Rita Dominic, aunty ebube nwagbo, aunty Chika like, aunty ada umeh, aunty Stella oduah, aunty Bianca ,e.t.c

1 Like

Re: My Wife Beats Me At Will, Separate Us-man Tells Court by smardray(m): 10:19pm On Jun 16, 2017
whitebeard:
abeg no use laugh kill me abeg..!
egbon, u no go believe say 74% of all her comments today na to troll afonja..
Re: My Wife Beats Me At Will, Separate Us-man Tells Court by whitebeard(m): 10:21pm On Jun 16, 2017
smardray:
egbon, u no go believe say 74% of all her comments today na to troll afonja..
I believe u nah..!! Nah ipob juice dey do that kind thing, they jobless die..that's why kawnu can easily manipulate them..

Re: My Wife Beats Me At Will, Separate Us-man Tells Court by DumaEmpire(m): 10:40pm On Jun 16, 2017
This story reminds me of that old Advert for Nta back den...

I NO GREE I TEAR SHIRT O

lol
Re: My Wife Beats Me At Will, Separate Us-man Tells Court by Eeroh95(m): 6:11am On Jun 17, 2017
stephleena:
beware before you jump into Afonja and NCAN next time
Re: My Wife Beats Me At Will, Separate Us-man Tells Court by oldfoolnigger(m): 7:59am On Jun 17, 2017
I found the caption really funny.

Do u believe wife can beat husband?

(1) (Reply)

Issues Of Compatibility With Spouse Based On Spirituality / My Weird Romantic Experience On Wedding Night - Wife Opens Up / IF I Win A Lottery Today, I Will Get My Boobs Done- Fayose's Sister Mo Says

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.