Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,331 members, 7,850,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:58 PM

Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] - Sports (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] (35726 Views)

Poll: Who Goes To The Final

Nigeria: 76% (153 votes)
Ghana: 23% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by shesi(m): 7:21pm On Jan 28, 2010
how can you guys be calling us poo when we just beat you? nevermind the tactics, the end justifies the means. We BEAT u.

and with kids too!!!

abeg don't compare your shiite team with our young bloods o. Not only is this team B. there are also inexperience green U21s. I mean, to think a central defence patnership of Vorsah and Mensah (1 nobody and I kid) could shut out Yakubu and Martins. Two of africa's finest strikers we are told.

If you think this is the team we're sending to the world cup you're dreaming. The only survivors from this team in our WC 11 would be the keeeper and Gyan.

Years of age cheating has finally caught up with Nigeria. How many of these your players will be around in 4 years? when you have talented young kids at home begging for a chance. where is that your chrisantus boy?

I knew it was gonna be a good day for us when i saw Mikel taking free-kicks. lol, i mean Mikel??
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by JNdupu: 7:21pm On Jan 28, 2010
PLEASE DISBAND THIS TEAM AND REBUILD WITH THE NUCLEUS OF THE PAPA EAGLETS.

MIKEL, OBASI, YAKUBU, NSOFOR, NWANERI, UCHE - BYE.

AMODU AND HIS ENTIRE TEAM OF COACHES/PHYSIOS/COOKS/DRIVERS/ SHOULD BE SACKED.  THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH HIGH PROFILE PLAYERS.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by MrCrackles(m): 7:21pm On Jan 28, 2010
kabna:

GHANA GHANA GHANA OSEEEYEEEE,    YEEEE     YEEEE,

GHANA OOOOOOO YEE  GHANA OOOO YEEE YEEEE

MEN AM FEELIN THE GOOSE BOMPS

ITS IS BIBLICAL THE RACE IS NOT FOR THE SWIFT NEITHER THE BATTLE FOR THE STRONG

IT IS NOT HIM THAT WILLETH BUT THE LORD

ALL THIS TALK HUMAN REASONONG

OH NA YOUNG BOYS NOTHING GIVE THEM

JUST LIKE MARK GLEESON OF SO CALLED SUPERSPORT GHANA HAS GOT FEW TALENTS : ESSIEN APPIAH MUNTARI THATS IT.

HEY NONE OF THEM PLAYED YET WITH A SRTONG DEFENSE THEY DEFEATED THE SO CALLED GIANTS HMMMM

RUB IT IN MATE. . . .  grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by tonitone1(m): 7:22pm On Jan 28, 2010
1815: Nigeria captain Peter Odemwingie: "I think we have used all the luck we had so far in this tournament. Ghana deserved the victory they played very well. We played as individuals not as a team and I think we need more tactical flexibility than to play 4-3-3 all the time. We need to play more attacking football. We played with one striker and it did not help us and we did not get a lot of chances. We could have played much better."

1818: So not exactly a ringing endorsement from the Nigerian captain for coach Shaibu Amodu's tactics, eh? Think he will survive until the World Cup? Doubt it. embarassed

source:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8485666.stm
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Fhemmmy: 7:22pm On Jan 28, 2010
Uche2nna:

We just have to admit that we are looking at a very talented generation of ghanian players. Just a couple of months ago, they were crowned U-20 champions of the world and these guys are already sure of a silver medal in AFCON. I see those dudes really having a strangle hold on African football for some time to come.

That is very true, cos they sat back and find the talents and not based on who knows who and all that crap.
Nigeria can do same and be better, but too much " who do u know" how many of the scouters in nigeria has the time to go some street games to find talents?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by martin1(m): 7:23pm On Jan 28, 2010
i go vex nack my ghana girlfriend. . .her toto go. . .
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by harmeenut: 7:23pm On Jan 28, 2010
i wud have prefer egypt, cotedvoire, algeria or cameroun to beat us not ghana under 21 embarassed embarassed. it makes it more disgusting, so ghana don become our husband be that o
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Fhemmmy: 7:24pm On Jan 28, 2010
JNdupu:

PLEASE DISBAND THIS TEAM AND REBUILD WITH THE NUCLEUS OF THE PAPA EAGLETS.

MIKEL, OBASI, YAKUBU, NSOFOR, NWANERI, UCHE - BYE.

AMODU AND HIS ENTIRE TEAM OF COACHES/PHYSIOS/COOKS/DRIVERS/ SHOULD BE SACKED.  THEY DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO WITH HIGH PROFILE PLAYERS.

That will not be possible, till the scouts are wiling to work
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by ezan(m): 7:24pm On Jan 28, 2010
Martins alone missed 5 scoring chances!!!!! Shocked

A blind coach would have seen that and made the right change. Martins was playing like he had 2 left legs, making me wish Yakubu had those chances, and I despise Yakubu.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by waju03(m): 7:24pm On Jan 28, 2010
@Fhemmmy.u r a retarded fellow.is there any under age kid on NL. now u r telling me to watch what i say.u r a buffoon just like amodu .rubbish
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Fhemmmy: 7:25pm On Jan 28, 2010
harmeenut:

i wud have prefer egypt, cotedvoire, algeria or cameroun to beat us not ghana under 21 embarassed embarassed. it makes it more disgusting, so ghana don become our husband be that o

hahahahaha . . .how are the mighty falling?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Mannylex(m): 7:25pm On Jan 28, 2010
@shesi, we hear u, fanx 4 the sermon.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by platinumnk(f): 7:25pm On Jan 28, 2010
shesi:

how can you guys be calling us poo when we just beat you? nevermind the tactics, the end justifies the means. We BEAT u.

and with kids too!!!

abeg don't compare your shiite team with our young bloods o. Not only is this team B. there are also inexperience green U21s. I mean, to think a central defence patnership of Vorsah and Mensah (1 nobody and I kid) could shut out Yakubu and Martins. Two of africa's finest strikers we are told.

If you think this is the team we're sending to the world cup you're dreaming. The only survivors from this team in our WC 11 would be the keeeper and Gyan.

Years of age cheating has finally caught up with Nigeria. How many of these your players will be around in 4 years? [size=18pt]when you have talented young kids at home begging for a chance[/size]. where is that your chrisantus boy?

I knew it was gonna be a good day for us when i saw Mikel taking free-kicks. lol, i mean Mikel??

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by kayc33(m): 7:26pm On Jan 28, 2010
na so? world cup 2010  
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by aieromon(m): 7:26pm On Jan 28, 2010
toni tone:

1815: Nigeria captain Peter Odemwingie: "I think we have used all the luck we had so far in this tournament. Ghana deserved the victory they played very well. We played as individuals not as a team and I think we need more tactical flexibility than to play 4-3-3 all the time. We need to play more attacking football. We played with one striker and it did not help us and we did not get a lot of chances. We could have played much better."

1818: So not exactly a ringing endorsement from the Nigerian captain for coach Shaibu Amodu's tactics, eh? Think he will survive until the World Cup? Doubt it. embarassed

source:http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/8485666.stm

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Kc0022000(m): 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2010
grin grin grin grin grin
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Crazy Nigerians

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Ibime(m): 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2010
In all honesty, the blame for this defeat lies with the forwards rather than the manager. . . . Odemwingie was infected by messiah complex. . . instead of passing the ball, he wants to shoot from impossible angles and distances. . .also, for all those saying the Ghana goal was Nnwaneris fault are wrong. . . .Naija play a mix of zonal and man-to-man marking. . . .Nnwaneri was marking the near post. . . . Echiejile was the one marking Asamoah Gyan. . . and he let him run free. . .

That said, Echiejile played a good game. . . Kaita's performance was also 9/10.

Enyeama - 6/10 (Had nothing to do)
Echiejile - 7/10 (Very composed on the ball, very hardworking. Failed to track Gyan for the goal)
Shittu - 6.5/10 (Poor passing and touch, but good organisation)
Nnwaneri - 6.5/10 (Nothing really special and nothing bad either)
Yusuf - 7/10 (Very poor touch, but had the energy to support the attack and also drop back)
Kaita - 9/10 (One man wrecking crew)
Ayila - 8/10 (Performed honourably)
Mikel - 6/10 (Slows the game down too much, bad freekicks and corners)
Odemwingie - 3/10  (Woeful lack of composure, also didnt track Sarpei at all)
Obasi - 5/10  (Only came alive in the last 20 minutes)
Martins - 5/10  (Stretched the defence, but the ball never dropped kindly for him)

Subs:

Nsofor - 4/10 (Very disaapointing. Did not make a single difference)
Yakubu - 4/10 (Didnt take his golden chance)
Odiah - 3/10 (even his 10 minute cameo shows he is unfit and old)
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Fhemmmy: 7:27pm On Jan 28, 2010
waju03:

@Fhemmmy.u r a retarded fellow.is there any under age kid on NL. now u r telling me to watch what i say.u r a buffoon just like amodu .rubbish

I dont argue with e-thugs.
Just will be nice to watch what we say, cos it is a public forum.
Thugs can change their color.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by kabna(m): 7:28pm On Jan 28, 2010
morpheus24:

My friend sharap there!!

EH MY FRIEND U SHARAP THER AND WORD OF ADVICE U DONT KNOW WHO U ARE DEALIN WITH BE CARFUL OKAY AND SIT TIGHT WITH UR PRIDE

AS THE FRENCH WILL SAY ''ATTASION'' MEANING ATTENTION EH?

AGAIN BE CAREFUL AND MAY THE LORD HAVE MERCY ON U?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by naso2(m): 7:28pm On Jan 28, 2010
FBS:

OK. Ghana scored a goal and thereafter packed the bus. What sort of tactic is that?  grin
But when I remember that the majority of Ghanaian players from the are from the U-21 squad?  shocked There is nothing much I can say.

The SE were woeful, disgraceful and played irritating football (bar an excellent 30 mins against Egypt in the opening match) and stumbled to the semis but only to be thunked by their junior brothers. Hope some vital lessons were picked up. 3rd place match here they come.

Let it be known that I, FBS, supported them through and thorough (and will always support whoever plays for Nigeria) and now I ask, which way forward?

In fact right now, I'm having mixed feelings.

If we criticise them when they win but dont play well, we have to appreciate their effort when they play well but sometimes fail to win. In today's match they simply played well, the tactics was not bad and the general team effort is commendable even CIV that defeated Ghana 3-1 did not outclass Ghana this way.

Watching the match  brings memories of the NIG-SENEGAL  quater final match at the 2000 ANC when the SE did everything to come back from a goal down and by some stroke of luck (some say it was Lakoko that removed the senegalese Juju) Aghahowa was able to get us back into the game, and a subsequent extra time winner .

I have been a potent Amodu critic (check my posts) but today's effort could have given us a 4-1 win on a lucky day. Make we dey talk true.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by mamagee3(f): 7:30pm On Jan 28, 2010
MrCrackles:

I hope your eyes are now wide open to see the rot in Nigerian football. . . .kids disgracing buncha old men is pretty disastrous. . .
Ghana deserve a place in the final
Super chickens are washed up and irrelevant in modern African football
Buncha cheating, unfit and unfortunate fellas!!!!!! grin
grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by petres007(m): 7:31pm On Jan 28, 2010
These super chickens have done it again o! grin grin grin

Really think KANU should've been introduced into this game. We didn't need more strikers - just someone who could help hold/distribute the ball and create more opportunities.  embarassed
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by shesi(m): 7:33pm On Jan 28, 2010
@shesi, we hear u, fanx 4 the sermon.

no probs bud. i always help out the weak in society. lol
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by morpheus24: 7:35pm On Jan 28, 2010
Uche2nna:

We just have to admit that we are looking at a[b] very talented generation of ghanian players[/b]. Just a couple of months ago, they were crowned U-20 champions of the world and these guys are already sure of a silver medal in AFCON. I see those dudes really having a strangle hold on African football for some time to come.

And their coach saw this as an opportunity to test them out for their inclusion in the senior team. Very smart move
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by babydol: 7:36pm On Jan 28, 2010
@Shesi, this is nairaland not ghanaland so you don't have a say in the matter that affect us.

I feel so sad sad sad sad sad sad cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by freecocoa(f): 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2010
@ phemmmy,bros i dey vex oo.dis boys & their stupid coach don make me no fit buy airtym cal person wey i want cal just make i for watch dem play yet they f*cked up.na wa oo.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by MrCrackles(m): 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2010
When was the last time Nigerians watched their national team play a game of football without developing palpitations and hypertension shocked cool
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Fhemmmy: 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2010
babydol:

@Shesi, this is nairaland not ghanaland so you don't have a say in the matter that affect us.

I feel so sad sad sad sad sad sad cry cry cry cry cry cry
ol
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by shesi(m): 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2010
look football is a funny game. It's not that our kids can't play ball. THEY CAN. we played our best football against Ivory Coast and still lost 3-1.

Our team quickly realised they weren't gonna get far tryna to show off their skills. Naivety quickly changed to rock solid grit. and this, my friends, is the reward for smart thinking. a place in the finals.

and who would bet against us winning? go ahead. We have beaten 3 "better"(on paper) teams that us. what's to stop us beating a 4th?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Mannylex(m): 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2010
@babydol, sorry dear.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by morpheus24: 7:38pm On Jan 28, 2010
kabna:

EH MY FRIEND U SHARAP THER AND WORD OF ADVICE U DONT KNOW WHO U ARE DEALIN WITH BE CARFUL OKAY AND SIT TIGHT WITH your PRIDE

AS THE FRENCH WILL SAY ''ATTASION'' MEANING ATTENTION EH?

AGAIN BE CAREFUL AND MAY THE LORD HAVE MERCY ON U?

I say Sharap there again!. Wetin you wan do with ya short sef!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Fhemmmy: 7:39pm On Jan 28, 2010
freecocoa:

@ phemmmy,bros i dey vex oo.dis boys & their silly coach don make me no fit buy airtym cal person wey i want cal just make i for watch dem play yet they f*cked up.na wa oo.

I feel you, and they don spoil person mood sef.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (33) (Reply)

Late Amodu Shuaibu's Mother Cries Over The Death Of Her Son / Cristiano Ronaldo Scammed Of £250,000 By Travel Agent / Sadio Mane Cleaning Toilet At Local Mosque

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.