Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,826 members, 7,851,805 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:25 AM

Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] - Sports (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] (35729 Views)

Poll: Who Goes To The Final

Nigeria: 76% (153 votes)
Ghana: 23% (48 votes)
This poll has ended

Ivory Coast Vs Ghana: AFCON 2015 Final (9 - 8) On Penalties On 8th Feb 2015 / Nigeria Vs Ghana: Friendly (1 - 0) - Live / Mali Vs Ghana - AFCON 2013 3rd Place (3 - 1) On 9th February 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by A40(m): 7:40pm On Jan 28, 2010
Nigeria don rundown mehn. West African mexicans that we ran outta town in the 70's & 80's are now dominating us at everything. Their money is stronger so is the economy, Schooling in Ghana is the next best thing to schooling in Yankee or Jand and for the past four years they have whooped us at Sports. Baba God help dis country
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by platinumnk(f): 7:40pm On Jan 28, 2010
MrCrackles:

When was the last time Nigerians watched their national team play a game of football without developing palpitations and hypertension shocked cool

LOL abi o o. . .
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by naliakar: 7:41pm On Jan 28, 2010
Why all the fuss. this is not the world cup. We will do better in SA. Consider this a practice session and the SE coach was simply trying possible combination scenarios to choose from for the World Cup proper. I don't think he went into this game to win it otherwise the SE would have won--if that was his original intention. And you fellas cant even see his  foresight.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by shesi(m): 7:41pm On Jan 28, 2010
@Shesi, this is nairaland not ghanaland so you don't have a say in the matter that affect us.

I feel so sad

lol. this is the internet. everybody has a say in everything. lol.

for what it's worth i hope nigeria sorts themselves up quick.

this rivalry is looking less and less like a rivalry because the nigerians are not bringin it!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by mamagee3(f): 7:42pm On Jan 28, 2010
babydol:

@Shesi, this is nairaland not ghanaland so you don't have a say in the matter that affect us.

I feel so sad sad sad sad sad sad cry cry cry cry cry cry

You don't have to, the Super Cows are known for losing every match they compete
It's a tradition. grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Sauron1: 7:42pm On Jan 28, 2010
petres_007:

These super chickens have done it again o!  grin grin grin

Really think KANU should've been introduced into this game. We didn't need more strikers - just someone who could help hold/distribute the ball and create more opportunities.  embarassed

I also felt Kanu shoulda been introduced in the final 10 minutes.
Kanu's composure, vision and trickery woulda been enough to beat Ghana.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Fhemmmy: 7:42pm On Jan 28, 2010
naliakar:

Why all the fuss. this is not the world cup. We will do better in SA. Consider this a practice session and the SE coach was simply trying possible combination scenarios to choose from for the World Cup proper. I don't think he went into this game to win it otherwise the SE would have won--if that was his original intention. And you fellas cant even see his  foresight.

I love your self consoling spirit, keep it, you will need more even in the World cup
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Mannylex(m): 7:42pm On Jan 28, 2010
This is just a passing phase, and we shall go thru it and come out victorious.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by naso2(m): 7:43pm On Jan 28, 2010
Ibime:

In all honesty, the blame for this defeat lies with the forwards rather than the manager. . . . Odemwingie was infected by messiah complex. . . instead of passing the ball, he wants to shoot from impossible angles and distances. . .also, for all those saying the Ghana goal was Nnwaneris fault are wrong. . . .Naija play a mix of zonal and man-to-man marking. . . .Nnwaneri was marking the near post. . . . Echiejile was the one marking Asamoah Gyan. . . and he let him run free. . .

That said, Echiejile played a good game. . . Kaita's performance was also 9/10.

Enyeama - 6/10 (Had nothing to do)
Echiejile - 7/10 (Very composed on the ball, very hardworking. Failed to track Gyan for the goal)
Shittu - 6.5/10 (Poor passing and touch, but good organisation)
Nnwaneri - 6.5/10 (Nothing really special and nothing bad either)
Yusuf - 7/10 (Very poor touch, but had the energy to support the attack and also drop back)
Kaita - 9/10 (One man wrecking crew)
Ayila - 8/10 (Performed honourably)
Mikel - 6/10 (Slows the game down too much, bad freekicks and corners)
Odemwingie - 3/10  (Woeful lack of composure, also didnt track Sarpei at all)
Obasi - 5/10  (Only came alive in the last 20 minutes)
Martins - 5/10  (Stretched the defence, but the ball never dropped kindly for him)

Subs:

Nsofor - 4/10 (Very disaapointing. Did not make a single difference)
Yakubu - 4/10 (Didnt take his golden chance)
Odiah - 3/10 (even his 10 minute cameo shows he is unfit and old)

How can nwaneri score 6.5?his poor alertness caused the ghana goal, the central defence really had little to do probably because of the work rate of AYILA and KAITA.

kaita worked well in the middle but was largely wasteful with our final balls with those shots (abi na wetin i go call am?) that are not to be tried even in trainings.

Mikel should have scored high as his through pass freed up our strikers for one-on-one on at least 2 occasions.

For yusuf i will subtract 2 points for wasting our time when we were down.

Obasi should have scored a little higher.

on Osaze you are spot on.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by dangerzone: 7:43pm On Jan 28, 2010
so whose the next super mosquito coach?? guys these are ghanians girls make we use dem pa struggle

Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by morpheus24: 7:43pm On Jan 28, 2010
Yakub is acclamitizes to English style football and is no longer a versatile striker

While martins did not play well. He still deserves to be on the team. He is still a strong boy despite age.

I feel Yobo is very irrelevant in the defence and Nigeria can still survive without him

Odemwingie needs to sharpen his game

Mikel Obi is really not interested in playing for the super eagles as he know he is not really 22 years old and has a couple more years to chop money before his legs begin to fail him.

Danny shittu is rock solid and we should never ever put Taiye Taiwo in that defense formation again.

The rest of nigerias attack midfielders are rubbish sorry to  say!!
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by olalekan1(m): 7:44pm On Jan 28, 2010
What is super in them sef? They cant play straight and direct shot, they dont have plans but  only one plan i.e team work to the 18 which lead to loss of goal in so many cases. What the hell is their problem, is it the coach or the players?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by A40(m): 7:44pm On Jan 28, 2010
@Shesi
You don't have to talk greasy, any serious minded team would beat those players we paraded matter of fact we had no business getting to the semis in the first place
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by naliakar: 7:46pm On Jan 28, 2010
Change topic and talk something real for once. Like, what was that Obasanjo said about Yaradua?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Gekko(m): 7:46pm On Jan 28, 2010
naliakar:

Rubbish!  practice or no practice, no one in their right mind would enter a tournament without intending to win, unless if you are loser, are you a loser?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by kabna(m): 7:47pm On Jan 28, 2010
HEY MORPHEUS OR WHATEVER: U ARE A BLOODY self-servicer

AM 5'10 AND VERY GOOD LOOKIN U IDIOT STINKING NIGERIAN

I HAVE LOST THE PLUG WITH YOU AND ONLY YOU  

FIREAA,  FIREAAA,   FIREAA,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by shesi(m): 7:48pm On Jan 28, 2010
au contre! quite the opposite actually. have you seen the team WE put out? you can't live this one down so easy my friend. lol, just take the pain. it's a growing process. lol
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by tolutara: 7:49pm On Jan 28, 2010
TB Joshua deserves to be burned at a stake, what is up with his Nigeria winning prophesy, angry
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Mannylex(m): 7:50pm On Jan 28, 2010
@kabna, we don't take insult on this forum, so if u're looking for were to diss and beef, try somewhere else.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Ibime(m): 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2010
na_so:

How can nwaneri score 6.5?his poor alertness caused the ghana goal

Nah bruv. . . Echiejile caused the Ghana goal. . . he was the one marking Gyan. . . Nnwaneri was marking the front post, and Gyan came at him from his blind side. . . he had no time to react. . . at best, I can criticise him for not putting his arms out to stop anyone running across him from his blindside. . . but Echiejile was Gyan's principal marker. . .

na_so:

Mikel should have scored high as his through pass freed up our strikers for one-on-one on at least 2 occasions.

Ma critique of Mikel is about the pace of his game. . . he dictates the style of Naijas play, which is why we often fall into this lackadaiscal trap of playing football like God will come down and score a goal for us eventually. . . .Mikels slowness is not a function of his speed, but the speed of his passing. . . Kanu is slow as well, but he ensures the transition between midfield and attack is fast with quick incisive passes. . . on the other hand, it is too easy for opponents to read Nigerias game when Mikel is our playmaker. . .  Mikel can only be employed in a deeper position alongside Kaita. . . nothing else.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by morpheus24: 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2010
kabna:

HEY MORPHEUS OR WHATEVER: U ARE A BLOODY self-servicer

AM 5'10 AND VERY GOOD LOOKIN U IDIOT STINKING NIGERIAN
I HAVE LOST THE PLUG WITH YOU AND ONLY YOU  

FIREAA,  FIREAAA,   FIREAA,

I seriously doubt the 5' 10 judging from an average shoulder to shoulder match up of the average Ghanian and Nigerian on a typical good day.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by Sauron1: 7:51pm On Jan 28, 2010
tolutara:

TB Joshua deserves to be burned at a stake, what is up with his Nigeria winning prophesy,  angry

Wetin concern TB Joshua in this matter?
Did he play in Nigeria's attack today?
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by dangerzone: 7:52pm On Jan 28, 2010
is TB joshua the team coach? leave the man alone jare just saying what he feels, he's only predicting,
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by MrCrackles(m): 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2010
Nigerians answer me
When was the last time ya'all watched the super eagles play a game of footy without developing hypertension, convulsion and palpitations grin
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by shesi(m): 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2010
Ma critique of Mikel is about the pace of his game. . . he dictates the style of Naijas play, which is why we often fall into this lackadaiscal trap of playing football like God will come down and score a goal for us eventually. . . .Mikels slowness is not a function of his speed, but the speed of his passing. . . Kanu is slow as well, but he ensures the transition between midfield and attack is fast with quick incisive passes. . . on the other hand, it is too easy for opponents to read Nigerias game when Mikel is our playmaker. . .  Mikel can only be employed in a deeper position alongside Kaita. . . nothing else.

i completely agree with your assesement of mikel. and this coming from a chelsea fan. to be honest, that guy is very very lucky to be playing professional football. players like him are a dime a dozen in most african countries. certainly in ghana. he got lucky in that u20 world cup and he's been riding that luck ever since.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by tolutara: 7:56pm On Jan 28, 2010
dangerzone:

is TB joshua the team coach? leave the man alone jare just saying what he feels, he's only predicting,

are you serious?, Some one parading as a prophet of God is only predicting?, especially when he states God told him? Abegi
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by dangerzone: 7:56pm On Jan 28, 2010
mikel? no comment
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by morpheus24: 7:58pm On Jan 28, 2010
shesi:

i completely agree with your assesement of mikel. and this coming from a chelsea fan. to be honest, that guy is very very lucky to be playing professional football. players like him are a dime a dozen in most african countries. certainly in ghana. he got lucky in that u20 world cup and he's been riding that luck ever since.

I second that analysis.
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by A40(m): 7:58pm On Jan 28, 2010
By 2011 we just might have a Ghanian President! what am i saying sef there's probably one ready to replace Yaradua right now

@Shesi
I am not trying to demean the efforts of your Compadres i'm just telling you this Naija team is a mediocre one we only went past Zambia cos those ones did not come to score
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by otokx(m): 7:59pm On Jan 28, 2010
Its all over
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by harmeenut: 7:59pm On Jan 28, 2010
SO AS NOT TO REWRITE HISTORY WITH THE FAILURE OF NIGERIA TO QUALIFY AND PLAY EGYPT IN THE FINAL (AS IT WAS WRITTEN WITH THE LAST 2 EDITIONS WHERE EGYPT PLAYED & WIN THE FINAL MATCH AGAINST THE SAME TEAMS THEY DEFEATED IN THE FIRST ROUND - EGYPT & GHANA), I AM PREDICTING ALGERIA BEATING EGYPT AND FACE GHANA FOR FINAL LEAVING EGYPT TO WALLOP NAIJA AGAIN FOR 3 RD PLACE SINCE IT HAS BEEN WRITTEN THAT EGYPT MUST PLAY THEIR LAST MATCH OF THE TOURNAMENT WITH THE SAME TEAM THEY DEFEATED IN THE FIRST ROUND grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy wink wink
Re: Nigeria Vs Ghana [0 - 1] by otokx(m): 8:00pm On Jan 28, 2010
If Egypt meets us again; they will beat us silly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (33) (Reply)

Which European Football Club Has The Highest Supporters In Nigeria? / Late Amodu Shuaibu's Mother Cries Over The Death Of Her Son / Cristiano Ronaldo Scammed Of £250,000 By Travel Agent

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.