Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,467 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation (59761 Views)

HOW TO HUSTLE FOR A HUSBAND ONCE YOU ARE ABOVE 28 YEARS OLD IN NIGERIA / How Guys Are Responsible For Increase Of Prostitutes In Nigeria - Lady Reveals / For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by pocohantas(f): 8:40am On Jun 21, 2017
tosyne2much:
Remember I limited my assertion to "most Nigerian ladies"

Forget about Beyonce or Chimamanda. Most young Nigerian ladies you see (even on Nairaland) clamoring for gender equally are either divorced or they're not just happy about their relationship, hence, the need to unleash their frustration and paint men bad

How you ever wondered why they are usually very arrogant and spew out venom at any radius? Isn't it obvious on this thread?

Please don't be sentimental when you know the truth.

Abeg leave matter for Mathias jawe cheesy
Do you know the Nigerian population? Do you know what's most? You're actually very arrogant online, maybe no one has told you.
I'm just not dumb to judge people by their e-pesonality.
Saying every aggrieved lady is a feminist, is just like saying every aggrieved man is a misogynist... totally illogical.

You that's always creating denigrating threads, are you unhappy?
You always claim it's for fun, but when ladies do it...you say they are unhappy. Let's imagine they're actually unhappy, who is making them unhappy if not you men?

The problem I have with you is, you follow the bandwagon too much.
Take a cue from Radicallyblunt,once in a while, think outside the box.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 8:41am On Jun 21, 2017
Blueberrie:

and u see nothing wrong with bleeping women till u meet the right one?

No sense nii cheesy grin cool
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by kayo80(m): 8:42am On Jun 21, 2017
feelgoodInc:
You'll never see a long post by women writing about how men should behave in front of ladies, all you'll see is men writing shit.

Leave the women alone stop peeing sheets, your heart wasn't broken by women, it was broken by one woman.

but to be fair I think I prefer the real femininity rather than a woman trying to be masculine in other to compete with men. No man is competing with you.

I love your last paragraph.

1 Like

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by mikedimeji(m): 8:43am On Jun 21, 2017
tosyne2much:
Emusmity, this write-up is well researched and articulated

I think the reason why most ladies end up in late marriage is because they live in fantasies and view marriage from a myopic view. That is to say that they screen and discard men for ridiculous reasons in their prime just to satisfy their fantasies.

Another thing that don't make men take them serious is that some of them have nauseating characters and are fond of saying "accept me for who I am". Most of these ladies don't really work on their attitudes but are only concerned about how to bleach, enlarge their butts/bosoms and look better than other ladies. The truth of the matter is that there is no perfect lady anywhere, but any lady who doesn't want to subject herself under the control a man will surely end up chasing men away.

And when they can no longer find men that will take them serious, they automatically become feminists. They become arrogant and will start raining abusive words on men that they are worthless. They will change their motto to "marriage is not for everyone" just to make marriage look inconsequential
Right on point. That's their new way of consoling themselves

2 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by bennytrips27(m): 8:45am On Jun 21, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

Aha...well, some of us that are still single, simply bcoz we dont go down with all the BS some men will bring on the table...

Some of us are busy chasing our own dreams..dream to be a selfmade woman..

And some of us, juz dont believe in marriage as a true happiness..Marriage is NOT for everyone anyway..
keep deceiving yourself.. mtchewww
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 8:47am On Jun 21, 2017
mikedimeji:

Why don't you just mind your business?Are they complaining?
Aderola15:

No sense nii cheesy grin cool
chewing gum and chewing stick boiz grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by kayo80(m): 8:48am On Jun 21, 2017
Tearless:
Stop making it seem as though Marriage is a MUST, or that single ladies are unhappy, or that it's all single ladies that WANT to get married. Being single is NOT a problem, so you people need to stop suggesting "solutions" for that and focus on more important things, directing your energy towards more productive ends. I don't see Nuns/Reverend sisters complaining of depression, or divorced single ladies falling dead. You need to snap out of the delusion and false notion that ladies who claim not to need men to make them happy have holes in their hearts. Marriage itself does NOT guarantee happiness, and you need to stop pressuring the single ladies to get married as if being single is some sort of disease. Humans are teleological animals that inhabit a wondrous world of INFINITE potentialities into which they can tap from whichever angle. There's nothing cast in stone, no one way to achieve something. Marriage is not all there is to life. There are other ways of achieving happiness - a lot of them.

Einstein was so in love with Physics that he couldn't invest his sublime passions into any other true love. That was what gave him the kick. That was for him, the bluest meth. Physics was HIS TRUE LOVE that gave him fulfillment, not a person. It was the same for Nietzsche, and a host of other people you can think of.

You're therefore completely WRONG to have asserted, with such impudence, that ladies who claim they do not need men to be fulfilled are internally scarred. You overhype marriage and worship it like a God. Like that lady, IamKashyBaby rightfully said, MARRIAGE IS NOT FOR EVERYONE.

Eistein was married at 24.
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Okies27(m): 8:48am On Jun 21, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

Aha...well, some of us that are still single, simply bcoz we dont go down with all the BS some men will bring on the table...

And some of us, juz dont believe in marriage as a true happiness..Marriage is NOT for everyone anyway..
. Omote, please say marriage is not for you. Don't include everyone. Say marriage is not for you... Capish!
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 8:49am On Jun 21, 2017
Sylva2147:
someone who can make her happy and she can sense that in the course of their courtship. most of the ladies who takes marriage as a priority ends in breaking up after marriage.
Mmmmm but you know no relationship can be of 100 percent happiness. In real world the term Mr right is what we tell our subconscious mind to make what isn't perfect to be. There is no Mr right because no man can be that perfect. Just fine tune your man close to what you want. Same applies to men. Have a great day dear
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by iPopAlomo(m): 8:52am On Jun 21, 2017
cococandy:
You people are disgusting.
What is your business with single women? Did they ask you for help? Did they cry to you about their single status?
Why aren't you just as worried for your single brothers above 28?
You're all very stupid if you think a woman being single at a certain age means her life is worse than anyone else's.
Such retardedd posts littering nairaland.

Aunty... I thought you are married... but why this thread come dey pepper you nah... hehe... I knew it... with your sour attitude... no right thinking man will ever want to be with you...

3 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by bayulll011(m): 8:53am On Jun 21, 2017
pocohantas:

Do you know the Nigerian population? Do you know what's most? You're actually very arrogant online, maybe no one has told you.
Saying every aggrieved lady is a feminist, is just like saying every aggrieved man is a misogynist... totally illogical.

You always claim it's for fun, but when ladies do it...you say they are unhappy. Let's imagine they're actually unhappy, who is making them unhappy if not you men?

madam make ur point without insult,you are already portraying feminism on a bad mood,you are woman act like one,make your point dont just sound like a frustrated and untrained woman

1 Like

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by tosyne2much(m): 8:54am On Jun 21, 2017
pocohantas:

My dear, you know little or nothing about me to stigmatize me. I believe we are all entitled to our opinions even though my opinions may be contaminated by sentiments, bias or stereotypes. That's why we are all different. We all look but see differently.

So my dear, if I fail to always view things from your own perspective or say things that will make you happy, that's not enough reason to have me hatred or develop grudge against me.
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by tosyne2much(m): 8:55am On Jun 21, 2017
mikedimeji:
Abi now cheesy
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by mikedimeji(m): 8:56am On Jun 21, 2017
Tahrah:
Why don't you just mind your business?Are they complaining? chewing gum and chewing stick boiz grin grin
Are u pained?
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by tosyne2much(m): 8:58am On Jun 21, 2017
DexteryJoe:
start seeing them differently?,the truth is, even as guy, when u see a serious lady, u know immediately, u don't expect me to c a slay queen and treat her any different from d slay queen she portrays herself to be,she is meant to be slain on my bed, u raised nice points tho, but from experience, I would say, even a play boy knows his time is up when he sees "The one"
You ehn cheesy
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 8:59am On Jun 21, 2017
pocohantas:
Whenever this topic comes up, I hear the same old story. Ladies are this, they are that. There are bad men too in this Nigeria...
There have always been bad men and women, we're used to that.

Societal values have dropped, no gender is innocent.

Responsible guys will see a responsible partner as at when due. If this topic was why guys above 30 are still single, you all will come in chanting how it's slay queens everywhere. Now you suddenly forgot your fellow men are perpetrating crimes worse than 'slaying' hence reduction in responsible men too.

Why are the good ladies not getting married?
Why are all you good men still single?

The above is gonna be a new topic, this particular one...though sensible has been overflogged.

Emusmith, pick your own lesson and walk away too. This is a forum...don't beat yourself up over my views, you hear?

I agree! So much pressure on women, its disgusting. Guys are so focussed on asking if the lady is marriageable that they forget to check themselves..cause why should i work on myself then settle for a substandard guy instead of one whos marriageble too. I saw a guy say he sleeps around with as many "unmarriageable ladies" as possible..to him they are jst for fun but when he chooses to settle he'll choose the respectful responsible lady. What is this?? Seriously a guy who has the same immoral behaviour as that immoral lady he's calling out has no right to judge any lady.. seriously. It's soo annoying.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by KAYD007(m): 8:59am On Jun 21, 2017
RadicallyBlunt:
Well I don't scorn them. And I think the major cause is d economy.

Unlike before when unemployment wasn't as much as this and the cost of living wasn't expensive, marrying a wife wasn't burdensome. Now, the case is different...a graduate man underemployed for 8yrs after school would always be scared of marriage.

The ladies themselves aren't helping matters. The days of "my husband is financially responsible for all my needs including pants" is gone. Its not about eating up ur Hubby's money again but about adding up to him which they were created to do in d first place...as helpmeets

For example if you're going out together and the journey cost 10k, if he provides 7k, then you as a lady shd help with d remaining 3k. And not expecting him to always drop everything all because he's d man.

In other words, ladies too shd have a job no matter how little and the essence of the job is not to just replenish her purse while she keep

saying "its his responsibility to provide not mine"...but rather to support him. The earlier a lady understands this, the better.

The economy aspect of it no be here oo shocked when the financial means are not there or not to your taste....there's no confidence to approach a lady for a serious down to earth relationship with the prospect of marriage on sight..except you just want to you know, have a mere fling....

But for how long will man continue to wait for finance that can sustain or at least kick start one's movement towards marriage life...the thought of it is giving me grey hairs angry
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by pocohantas(f): 9:00am On Jun 21, 2017
tosyne2much:
My dear, you know little or nothing about me to stigmatize me. I believe we are all entitled to our opinions even though my opinions may be contaminated by sentiments, bias or stereotypes. That's why we are all different. We all look but see differently.

So my dear, if want me to view things from your own perspective and always say things that will make you happy, that's not enough reason to have me hatred or develop grudge against me.

I didn't stigmatise you, quite unlike you...I don't stigmatise, neither am I fixated on people's e-pesonality. You're probably suffering from delusion of persecution, that's why you think I hate you. I don't hate you.

bayulll011:

madam make ur point without insult,you are already portraying feminism on a bad mood,you are woman act like one,make your point dont just sound like a frustrated and untrained woman
Point out the insult in that post or forever remain silent. And who told you I am an ambassador of feminism, whatever it means. Wake up, I don't do that nonsense.

Frustrated? The day you guys come up with some other punch line, I will know there is hope for this nation... grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 9:02am On Jun 21, 2017
Tahrah:
Why don't you just mind your business?Are they complaining? chewing gum and chewing stick boiz grin grin

Leave them na, they will chew out their destinies very soon. undecided undecided

How are you jhor, hope you didn't sleep off last night? grin tongue

Changed my playlist and mehnnnnn, I felt renewed cool kiss
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 9:05am On Jun 21, 2017
emusmithy:

Gbam! Is anybody holding anybody's skirt?
no should hold anybody's skirt my brother.
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Jman06(m): 9:05am On Jun 21, 2017
Nnemuka:

i have met one guy like that who must have spent his prime doing yahoo-yahoo, gigolo, kidnapping, or being a cult boy. The guy is 52 but single. never been married and wants to settle down at 52 with me? chukwuaju
he is expired for me and may be he might die single because according to research Men in Nigeria start dying at the age of 54. who will end up with that one?
Truth is that a 52yo man can easily get married to even a younger girl. That's the advantage men have over women.
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by bayulll011(m): 9:07am On Jun 21, 2017
pocohantas:

I didn't stigmatise you, quite unlike you...I don't stigmatise, neither am I fixated on people's e-pesonality. You're probably suffering from delusion of persecution, that's why you think I hate you. I don't hate you.

Point out the insult in that post or forever remain silent. And who told you I am an ambassador of feminism, whatever it means. Wake up, I don't do that nonsense.

Frustrated? The day you guys come up with some other punch line, I will know there is hope for this nation... grin

lol u ehn u can argue and throw tantrum is okay i aint got time for feminism on mentral crumps
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by NGELEBUBE: 9:07am On Jun 21, 2017
brighttech95:
grin
truly marriage is not for a prostitute like u, its for the sound minds....quote me and die.
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by djmask(m): 9:12am On Jun 21, 2017
There are so many things wrong with this post, The purpose of a woman on earth is not only to marry. We have a lot of singles in other nations. And they are quite okay with it. Marriage is not all there is about life. There are thousands of things to aspire in life and everyone's time differs. This post will not help.
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nnemuka(f): 9:13am On Jun 21, 2017
Jman06:
Truth is that a 52yo man can easily get married to even a younger girl. That's the advantage men have over women.
errmm let me shock you. except the lady is in her late 40's no woman in her sanity will role with an expired sperm.
Every woman wants a man she can flaunt on social media not some old, haggard man looking like her father.
You think the struggle isnt real? wait till you clock 40 and stil single as a man and watch who will settle with you. As it stands now, any man above 32 is at risk of meeting only Shemales.. why do you think men are becoming restless especially on Nairaland? check the number of men creating threads about women and heartbreaks even you sef have been masturbating about single women whereas it pains you that no lady has accepted you.

2 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 9:13am On Jun 21, 2017
salford1:

It's joblessness and secondly, 3rd world problems.

grin. True.
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by omooba969(m): 9:19am On Jun 21, 2017
IamKashyBaby:

I cud say it all depends on what she wanted for her life..

Once she's self made she needs to maintain her lane..

What's the definition of self-made in this context, I bet you have no idea. I see you're only using those words to form an argument.

May I ask about your outlook on 'Virtue'?
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 9:22am On Jun 21, 2017
Aderola15:

Leave them na, they will chew out their destinies very soon. undecided undecided

How are you jhor, hope you didn't sleep off last night? grin tongue

Changed my playlist and mehnnnnn, I felt renewed cool kiss
grin cheesy I'm fine jare wink.I slept off o embarassed cry It's not easy,i was so tired and stressed out sad.I'll try my possible best to partake tonight.smiley
You nko?more songs to your playlist. kiss smiley
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by tosyne2much(m): 9:24am On Jun 21, 2017
bayulll011:

I've known her to always employ insults when passing her message across. Later now, they will start complaining that men don't take them serious
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Jman06(m): 9:25am On Jun 21, 2017
Nnemuka:

errmm let me shock you. except the lady is in her late 40's no woman in her sanity will role with an expired sperm.
Every woman wants a man she can flaunt on social media not some old, haggard man looking like her father.
You think the struggle isnt real? wait till you clock 40 and stil single as a man and watch who will settle with you. As it stands now, any man above 32 is at risk of meeting only Shemales.. why do you think men are becoming restless especially on Nairaland? check the number of men creating threads about women and heartbreaks even you sef have been masturbating about single women whereas it
Well, my uncle got married last year at 50 to a pretty 24yo.

I live in the real world and i know those who flood the churches every day and do fasting and prayer to get married. Men hardly do that.

No wonder you ladies lie alot about your age so you can trick small boys into marrying you. That is why i add 10yrs to whatever age a lady tells me she is.

2 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by jpphilips(m): 9:27am On Jun 21, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

Time will tell
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Oyindidi(f): 9:29am On Jun 21, 2017
Most of the boys arguing here are yet to grow balls not to talk of getting married.

How many of you can boast of 50k in your accounts? Will the ladies marry themselves? Rubbish

5 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill / My Wife Has Set A Timetable For Sex For Me. What Do I Do? / 106-year-old Woman Gets Engaged To Her 66-year-old Lover, Becomes Oldest Fiancée

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.