Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,849 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:25 PM

Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation - Romance (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation (59748 Views)

HOW TO HUSTLE FOR A HUSBAND ONCE YOU ARE ABOVE 28 YEARS OLD IN NIGERIA / How Guys Are Responsible For Increase Of Prostitutes In Nigeria - Lady Reveals / For Single Guys Above 30 And Single Ladies Above 25 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by pocohantas(f): 9:30am On Jun 21, 2017
tosyne2much:
I've know her to always employ insults when passing her message across. Later now, they will start complaining that men don't take them serious
Must everything revolve around men?
Tosyn you resort to insult when you're not winning an argument o.
I have seen you insult people severally, does that make women not to take you serious? Or they are supposed to manage you like that, you're a man and men are scarce.

No lie for my head abeg. You can say my choice of words are harsh, but I am actually very good at ignoring insults, except I want to indulge such a person. Just as I want to indulge you today grin.

bayulll011:

lol u ehn u can argue and throw tantrum is okay i aint got time for feminism on mentral crumps
If you know where feminist are, go and meet them. I respect family values when done right. I'm only against unfairness.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 9:32am On Jun 21, 2017
Tahrah:
grin cheesy I'm fine jare wink.I slept off o embarassed cry It's not easy,i was so tired and stressed out sad.I'll try my possible best to partake tonight.smiley
You nko?more songs to your playlist. kiss smiley

Hahahaha cheesy grin cheesy grin

There's someone that sleeps more than I do, sleepy head... Yipeeeee grin tongue

I'll drop my contact somewhere, just beep me. You can't be sleeping anyhow, abi you want me to use my pankere on you? angry undecided

I'm super duper fine kiss
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by mrphysics(m): 9:32am On Jun 21, 2017
Nnemuka:

Well you need to carry the research yourself and your findings will justify my views.
Why not use celebrities to judge? they are human beings and they too have souls. You think Linda and Bimbo are still single because they were choosy? no pls.
The number of responsible, genuine men are declining. we are left with high number of wild, inconsiderate liars that will cheat on you, beat you up thus making you miserable.

I do not have the intention to prolong this issue. All I need to say at this point is that CELEBRITY lifestyle is quite different. Even the people you mentioned are celebrities, so all them to lead their life. It will continue to be so for them.
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nnemuka(f): 9:35am On Jun 21, 2017
Jman06:
Well, my uncle got married last year at 50 to a pretty 24yo.

I live in the real world and i know those who flood the churches every day and do fasting and prayer to get married. Men hardly do that.

No wonder you ladies lie alot about your age so you can trick small boys into marrying you. That is why i add 10yrs to whatever age a lady tells me she is.
Pictures please... grin
She married him may be for a purpose, she knows he will die soon or will inherit his property and then comeback and marry a 28yr lover of hers. Do you remember Dabota lawson? she did same too
while at it, pls try and find out if she has posted any picture of her wedding on social media or changed her status from single to married.
You are delusional if you think she married for love.

You dont know about those who fast and pray, check again. You might also be in the list of men fasting daily for a life partner.
Lie about age ke? Linda's age is in the public likewise many women, gone are days ppl mock ladies for being single. The time you spend on Nairaland dissing women should be enough to make you a millionaire if invested properly but nope all you prefer to do is lazy around nairaland trying to force single ladies to settle with irresponsible broke men.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 9:35am On Jun 21, 2017
Oyindidi:
Most of the boys arguing here are yet to grow balls not to talk of marriage.

They think marriage is like relationship, where you are allowed to rush in and rush out... Awon #Rushhourboys cheesy grin
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Oyindidi(f): 9:38am On Jun 21, 2017
Aderola15:

They think marriage is like relationship, where you are allowed to rush in and rush out... Awon #Rushhourboys cheesy grin
They are yet to save up to 10k. I think Nigerian ladies should start paying groomprice cos our men can't afford to

1 Like

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 9:39am On Jun 21, 2017
Op, welldone. I will start by correcting a little error I saw in the writeup: Mark Zuckerberg's wife, Dr Priscilla Zuckerberg (a paediatrician) was formerly Priscilla Chan-her former surname was "Chan" and not "Xang" as you wrongly said up there.
That said, concerning your writeup, these are my takes:
(1) The increase you talked about in the heading, was not a sudden increase. It was a gradual increase spanning the years, I wonder where you've been living. grin.
(2) The increase in number of singles affects both guys and ladies and not only ladies.
(3) The issue is a global trend and not only in Nigeria and it's even worse in some other countries. In many western nations, people don't even get married at all anymore. Try to travel round the world and you'll see for yourself.
(4) In Nigeria's case, though the reasons you listed are right, but it's more occasioned by some certain things, which include:
(a) The PREVAILING ECONOMIC DOWNTURN and the NEGATIVE SOCIO-ECONOMIC REALITIES on ground.
(b) The NEGATIVE EFFECT of, and the EXCESSIVE EXPOSURE to rapid social development, westernization, civilisation and technological advancement-especially in media (electronic media, internet media, and social media).
(c) The biggest of them all, which are: MORAL DECADENCE, DECREASING MORAL STANDARDS and REDUCTION IN SOCIAL VALUES.
(5) The solutions you listed, they will be a gross waste of time without a corresponding INCREASE IN MORALITY AND SOCIAL VALUES-that's the ultimate solution, there is no need for us to be to deceiving ourselves! Without a change and increase in moral standard and positive social values, we are wasting our time-even if people get married, they will still end up in divorce. #EMPHATIC FACT#.
Good morning.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by ibkayee(f): 9:41am On Jun 21, 2017
selflessmaya:
i love threads like these because while they show me how stupid some nigerians are, some comments also remind me that we have some functional thinking ppl in this country.
the reason while there are more spinsters in this generation is because nigerian women are finally realizing they can do and deserve better. most men here riding the "go and marry" brigade are the worst specimen of men out there. let's be fu<king honest, let's go there, how many nigerians want to have a marriage exactly like their parents? i grew up in a stable household with very nice parents but i can personally say that i dont want a marriage like theirs, a lot of you here talking trash wont even exist in this day and age cos your mothers wouldn't have settled with your fathers. but the differnce is that girls grow up wanting and grooming themselves for a more romantic fun marriage and guys are just more than comfortable being as uninteresting as wet bread.

most nigerians are very bitter when they see a woman who wants to do well for herself, be it a woman who strives for independence and success or a woman who wants to marry well and won't settle for less. that's why they gather like ants when celebrity marriages fail because they love to laugh at those who even had the nerve to think they can have it all and still have their happy ending and i'm using celebrities as an example because they're the only public cases we get to see. this is why successful women like genevieve and rita dominic are constantly told "go and marry" by ppl here who can't even afford 1/10th of the life they live, that's why anytime a scandal arises about adaeze yobo's marriage, they gather around to laugh and say "she never see anything" meanwhile she married at 20 and did not even get the chance to "slay mama" before marrying like most ppl like to justify their dragging with, that is why they drag female celebs who got out of unhappy marriages when they cry on camera, then drag them when they show signs of moving on with their lives. this is why they're happy whenever a new rumor rises about caroline danjuma's husband's cheating, "oh she thought fine girl will save her" "haha shey she's the one that wanted rich husband", this is why they're at the uche jumbo thread typing "ghen ghen" hoping her marriage fails so they can come again to tell women that working hard and being a boss is nahhht the way to go. this is why when an everyday case of domestic violence goes viral, they sympathize but when it's a successful woman who's a celebrity they do the most trying to attribute everything to her celebrity status, she must have been a bad wife (because she's successful in her own right and we all know women who don't need you in order to feed are just terrible and must be dragged)

the issue here is not that many women are not marrying but that many men are NOT marriage material but were raised believing "a man is never ugly" "woman education ends in kitchen" "let boys be boys"and they drank it in whole and did nothing to better themselves and are mad that girls are out here calling their bluff, getting sh!t done and not that bothered about marriage anymore with a "if it happens, it happens, if it doesnt, boo freaking hoo" mindset. basically these men are angry because they cant attract gold while being trash but in the old days of lesser female empowerment a lot of amazing women had to settle for whatever comes their way and these generation of girls are saying NO!!! no more being a maid with glorified title of wife, if men are not ready to be husbands, many girls these days are not ready to sit around wifeing for them and cleaning up after a grown man, whiny like a baby with a head full of entitlement that they dont even possess. many ppl born in the 80s-90s grew up in a world totally different from what it is now and they're refusing to stay stagnant as the times change. women are more practical these days, all the "slay mamas" are hated because girls these days are no more the breed to grow up with an impractical view of how life works, they see the harsh realities surrounding them and they know now that marriage is not a prize but a huge gamble. these men are so angry that women wayyy above them wont reduce their standards and settle for them, so mr man, why dont u reduce your own standard and find girls your own level, it's because mr man was lied to and told that a man is a prize and any girl will give an arm and a leg to have him and reality is just punching holes in the bubble he lives in. women just dont view men as a prize anymore, they view them as human beings and if u can't be the one, they're fine earning their cash, paying their bills and watching whiny threads like these from their comfortable cozy homes, live with it.

ps. lol at the one complaining that girls these days want wedding, pre-wedding pic and reception which is expensive in his opinion and they should settle for court marriage, my friend, when women were marrying a lot like u claim, the same laws applied, you're just broke.

3 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 9:41am On Jun 21, 2017
Aderola15:

Hahahaha cheesy grin cheesy grin

There's someone that sleeps more than I do, sleepy head... Yipeeeee grin tongue

I'll drop my contact somewhere, just beep me. You can't be sleeping anyhow, abi you want me to use my pankere on you? angry undecided

I'm super duper fine kiss
grin grin grin grin I can sleep for Nigeria. tongue Owkies kiss cheesy
Pankere ke,ejo o mi o ni se be mo.tongue tongue
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 9:44am On Jun 21, 2017
asodane:

Shola you are on point.

Lolz...nahim now
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by jnrbayano(m): 9:46am On Jun 21, 2017
cococandy:
You people are disgusting.
What is your business with single women? Did they ask you for help? Did they cry to you about their single status?
Why aren't you just as worried for your single brothers above 28?
You're all very stupid if you think a woman being single at a certain age means her life is worse than anyone else's.
Such retardedd posts littering nairaland.

I agree this is disgusting. The gloat, glee and all but pls try not to take things you read here to heart.

I nugo?

1 Like

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by bayulll011(m): 9:48am On Jun 21, 2017
pocohantas:

Must everything revolve around men?
Tosyn you resort to insult when you're not winning an argument o.
I have seen you insult people severally, does that make women not to take you serious? Or they are supposed to manage you like that, you're a man and men are scarce.

No lie for my head abeg. You can say my choice of words are harsh, but I am actually very good at ignoring insults, except I want to indulge such a person. Just as I want to indulge you today grin.

If you know where feminist are, go and meet them. I respect family values when done right. I'm only against unfairness.

ok ma all noted how are u doing the avengers of women
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Jman06(m): 9:52am On Jun 21, 2017
Nnemuka:

Pictures please... grin
She married him may be for a purpose, she knows he will die soon or will inherit his property and then comeback and marry a 28yr lover of hers. Do you remember Dabota lawson? she did same too
while at it, pls try and find out if she has posted any picture of her wedding on social media or changed her status from single to married.
You are delusional if you think she married for love.

You dont know about those who fast and pray, check again. You might also be in the list of men fasting daily for a life partner.
Lie about age ke? Linda's age is in the public likewise many women, gone are days ppl mock ladies for being single. The time you spend on Nairaland dissing women should be enough to make you a millionaire if invested properly but nope all you prefer to do is
You don't know me from anywhere, so saying that i diss ladies or lazy was just a hogwash. Besides, my post was based on real life events.

I laf in Swahili!

1 Like

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 10:00am On Jun 21, 2017
MISSCONGENIALITY:
no should hold anybody's skirt my brother.
what if they mistakenly do cheesy
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Berbierklaus(f): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2017
selflessmaya:
i love threads like these because while they show me how stupid some nigerians are, some comments also remind me that we have some functional thinking ppl in this country.
the reason while there are more spinsters in this generation is because nigerian women are finally realizing they can do and deserve better. most men here riding the "go and marry" brigade are the worst specimen of men out there. let's be fu<king honest, let's go there, how many nigerians want to have a marriage exactly like their parents? i grew up in a stable household with very nice parents but i can personally say that i dont want a marriage like theirs, a lot of you here talking trash wont even exist in this day and age cos your mothers wouldn't have settled with your fathers. but the differnce is that girls grow up wanting and grooming themselves for a more romantic fun marriage and guys are just more than comfortable being as uninteresting as wet bread.

most nigerians are very bitter when they see a woman who wants to do well for herself, be it a woman who strives for independence and success or a woman who wants to marry well and won't settle for less. that's why they gather like ants when celebrity marriages fail because they love to laugh at those who even had the nerve to think they can have it all and still have their happy ending and i'm using celebrities as an example because they're the only public cases we get to see. this is why successful women like genevieve and rita dominic are constantly told "go and marry" by ppl here who can't even afford 1/10th of the life they live, that's why anytime a scandal arises about adaeze yobo's marriage, they gather around to laugh and say "she never see anything" meanwhile she married at 20 and did not even get the chance to "slay mama" before marrying like most ppl like to justify their dragging with, that is why they drag female celebs who got out of unhappy marriages when they cry on camera, then drag them when they show signs of moving on with their lives. this is why they're happy whenever a new rumor rises about caroline danjuma's husband's cheating, "oh she thought fine girl will save her" "haha shey she's the one that wanted rich husband", this is why they're at the uche jumbo thread typing "ghen ghen" hoping her marriage fails so they can come again to tell women that working hard and being a boss is nahhht the way to go. this is why when an everyday case of domestic violence goes viral, they sympathize but when it's a successful woman who's a celebrity they do the most trying to attribute everything to her celebrity status, she must have been a bad wife (because she's successful in her own right and we all know women who don't need you in order to feed are just terrible and must be dragged)

the issue here is not that many women are not marrying but that many men are NOT marriage material but were raised believing "a man is never ugly" "woman education ends in kitchen" "let boys be boys"and they drank it in whole and did nothing to better themselves and are mad that girls are out here calling their bluff, getting sh!t done and not that bothered about marriage anymore with a "if it happens, it happens, if it doesnt, boo freaking hoo" mindset. basically these men are angry because they cant attract gold while being trash but in the old days of lesser female empowerment a lot of amazing women had to settle for whatever comes their way and these generation of girls are saying NO!!! no more being a maid with glorified title of wife, if men are not ready to be husbands, many girls these days are not ready to sit around wifeing for them and cleaning up after a grown man, whiny like a baby with a head full of entitlement that they dont even possess. many ppl born in the 80s-90s grew up in a world totally different from what it is now and they're refusing to stay stagnant as the times change. women are more practical these days, all the "slay mamas" are hated because girls these days are no more the breed to grow up with an impractical view of how life works, they see the harsh realities surrounding them and they know now that marriage is not a prize but a huge gamble. these men are so angry that women wayyy above them wont reduce their standards and settle for them, so mr man, why dont u reduce your own standard and find girls your own level, it's because mr man was lied to and told that a man is a prize and any girl will give an arm and a leg to have him and reality is just punching holes in the bubble he lives in. women just dont view men as a prize anymore, they view them as human beings and if u can't be the one, they're fine earning their cash, paying their bills and watching whiny threads like these from their comfortable cozy homes, live with it.

ps. lol at the one complaining that girls these days want wedding, pre-wedding pic and reception which is expensive in his opinion and they should settle for court marriage, my friend, when women were marrying a lot like u claim, the same laws applied, you're just broke.
Just couldn't stop reading this and smiling all through,I even went to look for it and give you your like and share kiss kiss

Can't wait for the next 10 years though by then,all the entitled male brain go don format..
Haha haha hahahahaha hahahahaha
What a great century to be born in gringringrin

2 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Berbierklaus(f): 10:15am On Jun 21, 2017
feelgoodInc:
You'll never see a long post by women writing about how men should behave in front of ladies, all you'll see is men writing shit.

Leave the women alone stop peeing sheets, your heart wasn't broken by women, it was broken by one woman.

but to be fair I think I prefer the real femininity rather than a woman trying to be masculine in other to compete with men. No man is competing with you.
Walai I don tire,makes someone even scared to open nairaland sometimes,because you don't know which offence they will accuse women of commiting again gringrin
Asif na women hold their destiny tongue
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by brandydaniells(m): 10:19am On Jun 21, 2017
IamKashyBaby:
grin

Aha...well, some of us that are still single, simply bcoz we dont go down with all the BS some men will bring on the table...

Some of us are busy chasing our own dreams..dream to be a selfmade woman..

And some of us, juz dont believe in marriage as a true happiness..Marriage is NOT for everyone anyway..
do u think its d purpose of d creator for u kashy?
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Berbierklaus(f): 10:19am On Jun 21, 2017
Oyindidi:
Most of the boys arguing here are yet to grow balls not to talk of getting married.

How many of you can boast of 50k in your accounts? Will the ladies marry themselves? Rubbish
I swear I don tire.
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Berbierklaus(f): 10:22am On Jun 21, 2017
Wolfbrother:
The way you people carry single ladies matter n to your heads is becoming annoying .. how is it any of your bloody business?
I really really tire grin
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by GoldenSpine24(m): 10:23am On Jun 21, 2017
Sezua:

unfortunately many people won't see the most reasonable​ comment about this post.
I salute u sir!!

Thanks sir....#appreciation
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Berbierklaus(f): 10:26am On Jun 21, 2017
coolviv:
Looolll...see my fellow men masturbating on this post. Nice write up, well balanced, true talk and so on and so forth.
Abeg well balanced towards where?

Well, my take is that ladies stay late to get married for the same reason men stay late to make money. Nobody better pass Na God's mercy and help.
As in the masturbation is just too much. gringrin
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 21, 2017
kayo80:

Eistein was married at 24.
I never said Einstein wasn't married. My point was that his happiness and fulfillment didn't lie in his marriage but in his very existence as a "Prince of Physics". Einstein fell out of love with his wife, but he never did with the subject of his passion from which he derived the most marvelous of feelings and the ultimate ecstacy.
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by boottaesama: 10:28am On Jun 21, 2017
emusmithy:
The Sudden Uprise Of Single Ladies Above 28: Salvaging The Situation.

Hi all.

I'm not the kinda guy who narrates a menace with providing the solution.

I really don't give 'two rats' about the reasons why...

- Maybe she broke the heart of the son of a native doctor.
- Could it be she wasted away her prime years?
- Maybe, just maybe they stuck themselves to one guy with hopes of marriage but were later disappointed.

Look around you, there are everywhere, church, workplace, neighborhood, family etc.

Which is the way forward?

I believe it's high time we called a spade a spade and not an agricultural equipment.

The lashes fall on both genders, appropriately.

Let's observe some measures that can be taken to salvage this urgent matter;
(Forget those ladies forming, 'I don't need a man to feel fulfilled', I'm my own boss. It's deception + boldfacism. There's a scar inside.)

This thread is in Two Sections; Section A and B;

Section A - Guys :

A) Guys should start seeing ladies differently.

The average guy sees ladies as merely a *bleeping object*. With that kinda mental picture, how wan take marry? Ladies are delicate creatures of God to help you fulfil your purpose and theirs too (before feminists crucify me. smiley )
Truth be told, very few of our ladies pose themselves as that object. Very few, I believe. Even at that, Guys, let's see ladies differently. This is a command.

B) Many Guys Don't Know What They Truly Want In A Girl

Why the make-up and break-up? It's all in this quote, "When the purpose of a thing is not known, abuse is inevitable."

The reason many girls are still single is because guys have refused to propose and that's also because they're still NOT sure if she's the one. If you don't see her marriageable, don't fool her with promises thus chasing other potential suitors, hence overcrowding the 'single ladies world.' I told one lady, I can't promise you I'm gonna marry you. Today, we're still friends. I buy you lunch doesn't mean I love you. Stop arriving at asinine conclusions. Stop reading meanings into my generosity. I'm different. tongue

C) Money and Diamond isn't all a Wife-Material needs.

The saying goes, 'if she's in love with you just because you're rich, she ain't a wife material.'
True ladies abound who want to build a home with you and your 'wretched purse'. Look out for them. Don't generalize that all girls are after the cash. Nada! That's archaic and shameful. There is more to marriage. Don't go for the uneducated girls just because you feel you can't 'afford' the educated and retty model who read Medicine. Why must you think poor before you 'die'? Infact, those other ones are not the solution. Your thinking is.
If I see what I want in any lady, your social status in inconsequential. Highest, you turn me down which all guys are used to, lol. Every setback is a setup for a superfluous comeback.

Section B (Ladies)

A) 'Clock is Ticking' ain't a delusional phrase but an obvious reality.

Many ladies don't really know that there is time for everything. Abeg open Eccl.3:1-13 and read biko. You're 21 and counting how many guys you've 'chopped' and didn't 'chop' you back. That phase of life is very brief. Birthday party after birthday parry and you are already close to 30 and your fleshy flesh ain't as inviting as they used to be. Those guys you friendzoned are now married with kids while you are there confessing, "My time is coming." Hello, wake up and smell the coffee, it's a bit cold now. Stop being repulsive and irritating when guys approach you today. Be nice and courteous. I remember LADY X who happily gave me her number, only for me to call days later and she starts forming, "call me later, I'm busy." I was like, who taught you this did a pretty awful job. So harrowing. Number Deleted, Life goes on!

Ladies, be nice to guys today. It's one of them that might marry you or recommend you to your *superman*. You mustn't stay single till 30 to learn this.

B) Having an inaccurate measurement of a successful spouse.

How do you measure a successful guy? Must he have a car? Good and fine, if he has. That's still not the yardstick.
Was once eyeing a lady when I asked about her, someone told me her REQUIREMENT. I retraced my steps. I'll be there soon, yea. Almost all the guys who asked for her hand are happily married. Do ladies have different privy parts Haba! Ladies, measure success by his dreams, prospect and daily efforts. How many ladies saw greatness in Mark Zuckerberg in Harvard dormitory? Only one gentle-looking, purpose-driven Priscilla Xang. Where were all the 'runs girls'? I'm discouraging the reason ladies wait endlessly for "Mr Right".
They look towards successful failures. They look at liabilities and demean assets. If you want to be a 'mummy' in church tomorrow, marry a pastor. Don't marry a bouncer that you would start dragging to church and forcing him to open a ministry. #yeye

C). "I DON'T CARE" attitude.

Lols, I told her, 'walk like a lady at times na. Not walking like a soldier heading for Sambisa"
She literally interrupted me with, "Any man that doesn't like the way I walk should go to *****." Okay o. I went away also. The truth is, if you don't kinda do the unusual, you might not get the unusual. Step out. Break out. Be rightly positioned. How can a guy love you for who you are? When you can't cook common egusi soup well, you aren't domesticated. You lack manners. On top all, you now joined them feminist- claiming right with you 'olowoorimi'. Who are you and what can you give him that he can't get elsewhere. Eish! He can get s*x outside from younger girls.
Get prepared! I-don't-care might be the reason no one cares about you but keep hurting you emotionally, year in, year out! Change!

Do you know? The world population is about 7.7billion and roughly 22% are young unmarried ladies. That means over 1.5 billion ladies are still single. Don't allow Amarachi do shakara for you jare! smiley

SUMMARY;
There are no general reasons why guys and ladies stay so late before choosing someone. Different strokes for different folks. If you have to go spiritual, it's okay. Shiloh 2017 is around the corner again. Meanwhile, make the work easy for God by applying any of these. Good morning.

truth is most ladies have this unrealistic expectations from men without considering his plans or dreams.
if you go to church, you find a lot of 30+ singles ladies looking for husband, and yet they are as picky as F***, most don't give a rats a** about anything except appearance of how their superman will be or how their family will be seen.
another thing playing a part also is tribe, the perception that some tribes can't marry from others also contributes having singles either way.
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Berbierklaus(f): 10:28am On Jun 21, 2017
Blueberrie:
I really don't like these kinds of posts. Right from the title and everything written above. They always portray being single as the ultimate failure in life, forget abt the fact that u may have made numerous accomplishments in life. This is exactly why so many ppl end up settling for jst anyone who shows them the slightest interest and then they end up tolerating that other person for the rest of their life for societys sake and innocent children. Unhappy families= rotten societies and the root of all evil.
There is nothing wrong with refusing to settle for the best. If anything I admire single ladies and men who jst didnt rush into marriage for the sake of it but who waited for the right one, for as long as it took. And hey if they dont come along, then fine. But thats much better than being in an unhappy marriage and bringing innocent kids in it.
Fighting ths perception that remaining single is the ultimate failure begins with disagreeing with posts like these.
Very funny gringrin
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by pocohantas(f): 10:29am On Jun 21, 2017
bayulll011:

ok ma all noted how are u doing the avengers of women
I'm doing good, have a nice day.
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by dan2090: 10:35am On Jun 21, 2017
My Opinion? I say Blame it on the church too. Pastors don't ever pray for the guys , its always about the gals. Every prayer and prophecy of marriage in religious places today are all focused on the ladies, forgetting the men need prayers too, to aid them in this light. Just my Observation anyway. undecided grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by jiangchu: 11:04am On Jun 21, 2017
EmmaFantastic:
Op, welldone. I will start by correcting a little error I saw in the writeup: Mark Zuckerberg's wife, Dr Priscilla Zuckerberg (a paediatrician) was formerly Priscilla Chan-her former surname was "Chan" and not "Xang" as you wrongly said up there.
That said, concerning your writeup, these are my takes:
(1) The increase you talked about in the heading, was not a sudden increase. It was a gradual increase spanning the years, I wonder where you've been living. grin.
(2) The increase in number of singles affects both guys and ladies and not only ladies.
(3) The issue is a global trend and not only in Nigeria and it's even worse in some other countries. In many western nations, people don't even get married at all anymore. Try to travel round the world and you'll see for yourself.
(4) In Nigeria's case, though the reasons you listed are right, but it's more occasioned by some certain things, which include:
(a) The PREVAILING ECONOMIC DOWNTURN and the NEGATIVE SOCIO-ECONOMIC REALITIES on ground.
(b) The NEGATIVE EFFECT of, and the EXCESSIVE EXPOSURE to rapid social development, westernization, civilisation and technological advancement-especially in media (electronic media, internet media, and social media).
(c) The biggest of them all, which are: MORAL DECADENCE, DECREASING MORAL STANDARDS and REDUCTION IN SOCIAL VALUES.
(5) The solutions you listed, they will be a gross waste of time without a corresponding INCREASE IN MORALITY AND SOCIAL VALUES-that's the ultimate solution, there is no need for us to be to deceiving ourselves! Without a change and increase in moral standard and positive social values, we are wasting our time-even if people get married, they will still end up in divorce. #EMPHATIC FACT#.
Good morning.
this the best i have read on this thread. well balanced and straight to the point. i guess you dont live in nigeria. cos a lot are not sound upstairs.
grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by GoldenSpine24(m): 11:07am On Jun 21, 2017
loooollllzzzzz..so interesting.

Naija guys and ladies are really intelligent.
Different opinions; some address why the situation exists, others talk about why the situation will continue. Still others don't even think there is a situation to salvage.. and yet, others redirects the question to the opposite gender while backing their grounds with tenuous examples. ....#cheesy cheesy
Difference dey between disagreement and understanding o.
When it gets to sensitive issues like this, we've got our decisions to make. However, though I may be wrong i think..things do not work ONLY because decisions are right and when it doesnt work out, it doesn't make a decision wrong.
Truth is that not everything in life is about right and wrong, do's and don'ts especially issues like this. It's mainly about perspectives and believe me there are lots of interesting perspectives to this.

I think we all know what works well for us while learning from the experiences of others both +ve and -ve. While we keep an open heart to learn more from one another, realize that it may not be our favorite person that tells us what we need to learn and work on. No need for attack..lolz... As all of us dey look this thread, we know where the thing pinch us. In the we really do not have anything to prove to anyone. We only have one obligation to ourselves: self-honesty. The most important thing is learn but and tell yourself the truth.
I hail naija well well..

Nairaland reminds me of a line in late lucky dube's song: Different Colors, One People

Peace Out
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by Nobody: 11:11am On Jun 21, 2017
selflessmaya:

just in case you missed this

2 Likes

Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by boottaesama: 11:14am On Jun 21, 2017
selflessmaya:

i see where you are coming from, no one is faulting a woman for wanting to better herself, set a certain standard. but most times the falseness of both parties in terms of standard makes it hard for either party to bring ''Real'' to the table.

You can't say people should use their parent' marriage and ask themselves if they want that, different time, different settings. Rather i feel the positives and Negatives from our parents marriages tend to influence some of us as we grow, thus your reference.

your point about affording lifestyles can be applied both ways, and finances is very important, nobody wants to suffer, it's a choice thing. and once the fake/false portrayal of both parties are seen, thus the anger.

the ''Prize'' is just a myth you taking too serious, right now most well to do ladies in their 30s are looking for sperm donors or contract marriages, same with guys, some are looking for people have their kids and be singles father while career path continues.

In conclusion, there are to many variables to consider, everyone' got reasons for this and that, when it comes to marriage threads don't take some things too serious.
Re: Sudden Increase Of Single Ladies Above 28: Ways Of Salvaging The Situation by DarkRebel69: 11:15am On Jun 21, 2017
This is some dumb, ignorant tripe posted by a dumb, ignorant person, and hailed by dumb, ignorant people.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

South African Woman Catches Her Man Driving A Side Chick & Climbs On His Car / Guys Who Date These Types Of Girls. How Do You Cope?(Photo) / My First Date In 2020: A Lady Paid Our Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.