Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,903 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance (83468 Views)

Amotekun: Muslims Reject Oduduwa Republic – MURIC / Balarabe Musa: Amotekun, Ploy By Yoruba Leaders To Create Oduduwa Republic / EFCC Denies Planning To Plant Foreign Currencies At Ambode’s Residence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by adetayo234: 9:34pm On Jun 25, 2017
Igboesika:
Hypocrites everywhere.
The same set of iddiots critisizing Biafrans want to have their own country. Even if it would be possible , do u think that Yoruba muslims wl allow you to seperate them from their northern lords ?
Keep dreaming.. it would be a total war between Yoruba Christians and afonja Muslims.

You mean the same at the people of imo state and their governor don't want you to separate room your slave masters, the northerners?
Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by Diademk07: 10:39pm On Jun 25, 2017
BininEmpire:
what about the Ijaw people in Delta, Benin and Ondo?

they want the Ijaw Nation

Ijaws are tenants in Ondo state. The Land is Ese Edo, a Yoruba land that was rented to them. It's either they move out or become fully naturalised.

4 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by Nobody: 4:50pm On Jun 30, 2017
Diademk07:

Ijaws are tenants in Ondo state. The Land is Ese Edo, a Yoruba land that was rented to them. It's either they move out or become fully naturalised.

So how much were they paying to Yoruba leaders if they truly rented it out?

You're saying rubbish

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by Diademk07: 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2017
BininEmpire:

So how much were they paying to Yoruba leaders if they truly rented it out?

You're saying rubbish

You're the one saying rubbish! Better go ask who has the land! Is the name Ese edo an ijaw name to you?

The land was given to them by the magnanimous Ilaje who saw them sleeping on the river bank after fishing.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by Deadlytruth(m): 11:26pm On Apr 16, 2018
Realzikkist:
abeg which 1 una be....una no b o'odua,una no b biafrans....last i checked,u wia neva close 2 being arewa....una be bat

Is it a must to belong to one of the WAZOBIA tribes? Why does it appear abnormal to Yorubas and Igbos that Edo and Delta are neither of them?
Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by Nobody: 5:33am On May 05, 2020
This is weird, I’m an Ondo man who speaks Yoruba, I grew up in Lagos. However, since when I was young I have know that I’m not full Yoruba. But I’m not full Ijaw either. It’s complicated because my dad’s side of the family has ijaw and ogun state (ijebu background) blood, while my mom’s side of the family is mixed with ijaw and ondo. Most of my cousins tho have clear midwestern/Yoruba sounding surnames too. If Nigeria splits I know we def don’t want to be Biafra, mixed emotions on being part of Yoruba, since we know for sure we are not Yoruba but it’s the only language the younger ones speak, we’ve lost our original ijaw language

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by Xerxes2088: 5:53am On May 05, 2020
comos:
stop including Edo & Delta in your oduduwa republic,

we are not yorubas
Don't mind him, your oduduwa republic stops in ondo state..... undecided

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by basty: 5:59am On May 05, 2020
Gbogbo yin to ya owo yi je Olodo. When is a country turn Ipinle? Is there no difference between Orie ede and Ipinle? A state is Ipinle and a country is Orile ede.
Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by Yobabad: 6:10am On May 05, 2020
Their few Muslim brothers will beatry them

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by Yujin(m): 6:53am On May 05, 2020
KingJa:
This is weird, I’m an Ondo man who speaks Yoruba, I grew up in Lagos. However, since when I was young I have know that I’m not full Yoruba. But I’m not full Ijaw either. It’s complicated because my dad’s side of the family has ijaw and ogun state (ijebu background) blood, while my mom’s side of the family is mixed with ijaw and ondo. My surname starts with Okunniyi. Most of my cousins tho have clear similar middlebelt/Yoruba sounding surnames too. If Nigeria splits I know we def don’t want to be Biafra, mixed emotions on being part of Yoruba, since we know for sure we are not Yoruba but it’s the only language the younger ones speak, we’ve lost our original ijaw language
Are you from Ese-Odo LGA? Ijaws Apoi or Arogbo?
Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by valentineuwakwe(m): 6:57am On May 05, 2020
so many stuff that are unsure here. ..will ilorin, benin, warri and lokoja agree to join the republic?
Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by dionma: 7:55am On May 05, 2020
For the records, Benin is not part of an Oduduwa Republic in the past and in the future. Even in ancient times, you had the Oyo Empire and the Benin Kingdom, two distinct nation states. There is no historical, legal justification for putting Benin as one of the territories under the so called Oduduwa Republic.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by manuelreports: 8:03am On May 05, 2020
Sweetguy25:

Warri is not Igboland Mr man
The last thing Warri man can do is to go with the Yorubas. It be like say U no know them wela
Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by manuelreports: 8:08am On May 05, 2020
Good that is commendable instead of insulting Nnamdi Kanu, I believe we will all be great Nations and will untilise our God's given talent and resources to create a better future for our children. Our Children will grow up, go to school and come out and have a decent job to do and make money. Those who want to do business will have vast soft loans to startup their business. We as the former regions of old Nigria can form a union to allow easy movement, and other trade Coorporation.

Yoruba is great
Arewa is great
Biafrans is great

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by lexyking(m): 8:23am On May 05, 2020
OP why would you have to go and include states that are not in the southwest? in the event of the desolation of Nigeria and a possible formation of an Oduduwa republic, I think it would be best to only make plans for the 6 western states. Then we can leave the door open for others to tag along, because it will be counter productive to start including people who have not signify interest in joining our country
Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by Sunshineg5(m): 8:31am On May 05, 2020
manuelreports:

The last thing Warri man can do is to go with the Yorubas. It be like say U no know them wela
So warri would go with igbo land ?

Read this

https://m.guardian.ng/news/were-not-under-olu-of-warri-itsekiri-community-declares/

2 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by Sunshineg5(m): 8:40am On May 05, 2020
lexyking:
OP why would you have to go and include states that are not in the southwest? in the event of the desolation of Nigeria and a possible formation of an Oduduwa republic, I think it would be best to only make plans for the 6 western states. Then we can leave the door open for others to tag along, because it will be counter productive to start including people who have not signify interest in joining our country
Okun, Ekiti and Igbomina in Kwara state, communities in Warri see themselves as Yorubas

See the news report below.

https://m.guardian.ng/news/were-not-under-olu-of-warri-itsekiri-community-declares/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by surgical: 9:12am On May 05, 2020
Buhari is a very big failure and all his supporters are dunce,he is the only leader in Nigeria history to sow a deep seed of discord in the country

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by Mabskid: 9:51am On May 05, 2020
i like dat nigeria must break, every body need freedom GOD bless arewa GOD bless biafra GOD oduduwa amin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by CHRISDMANAGER(m): 10:54am On May 05, 2020
Nice currency I must say but something need to be clear here; There is south-south geopolitical zone which makes up the Niger-Delta Republic...
No need for land grabbing please , every one can fight it's cause and we have something like this:

Ododuwa Republic
Biafra Republic
Niger-Delta Republic
Arewa Republic
Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by orisa37: 11:08am On May 05, 2020
CampuChan:
And somebody was bold enough to put Ilorin on that map. Wait make Hausa/Fulani hear am.

KANO IS PROTESTING AGAINST BUHARI.
Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by adekolaelect(m): 12:10pm On May 05, 2020
thesicilian:
Lol. Kolewerk. It will be easier to build a castle in the air than for yorubas to be together. Yorubaland that practical has an Oba on every street. They only seem as one because they have common enemies: Hausa's and Igbo's.
A kid can only say Ahusas and Igbos are common enemies to Yoruba's bcs he always staying indoor Not knowing how Igbos and Ahusas are migrating to Yoruba land and how Yorubas are accommodating them.

Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by menstrualpad: 12:40pm On May 05, 2020
A married man who runs a company as the general manager slept with his new secretary after firing his old one because the new one is very beautiful and he had to get her in bed to satisfy his sexual desires.

According to him, he promised the lady $500 if she agrees to sleep with him. He said immediately they finish making love his thing has Refused to wake up, it’s has been sleeping since.

Read the sad story below:

“I am a general manager in one of the companies in Industrial Area. Last month I replaced my secretary with a new one. I felt good for the first time because the old secretary was not beautiful. I started exchanging sweet words with her but at first she resisted, saying she is married.

After so much resistance, legalwealth fenttyl is legal0 I promised her $500 if she agrees to sleep with me. She told me that she will think about it. The following morning she came and I asked her whether she had made up her mind. She told me I have to part with $1,000. Since she is beautiful and it’s rare to get such golden opportunities, I agreed to give her the money. She told me she has to see the money in the bank.
Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by DATACUG00000(m): 2:05pm On May 05, 2020
kiss
Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by snitchbitch: 2:45pm On May 05, 2020
They will leave their States and all troop to Lagos all in search for greener pastures. Lagos is their "heaven" on earth. Why can't you develop your states too. They will end up calling Nigeria a zoo republic, if it is a zoo, leave our zoo for us and go back to your states

4 Likes

Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by Nobody: 1:50am On May 06, 2020
Yujin:

Are you from Ese-Odo LGA? Ijaws Apoi or Arogbo?

No we’re from Odigbo LGA, western Apoi
Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by Yujin(m): 9:15am On May 06, 2020
KingJa:

No we’re from Odigbo LGA, western Apoi
Wow... I spent sometime in Odigbo LGA and was even at Araromi Rubber Estate. Which community are you in the LGA. I didn't know there were Ijaws in the LGA.
Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by Freeminda: 10:11am On May 06, 2020
Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by rummmy: 10:31am On May 06, 2020
Warri(urhobo) idah (igala ) and many other tribes are now Yoruba..... Confused set of people.
Bring out any of those papers you called money let see if you get mind.
Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by osazuwa23: 3:23am On May 20, 2020
We are not yoruba there a reason why bini speak different lanaguges and the british broke us apart i rather edo be it own country we have are own flag and other subgroup langugaes that can be apart of the edo federation or they can join there biafra brothers or oduduwa but i see this war to be an out right conflict for land that why i say it best to keep nigeria they way it is
MistadeRegal:

Not if Nigeria is going to split.
Kwara State has always been Yoruba land.
If you don't know the history of Yoruba people then please don't quote me again.
I don't argue blindly.
Delta, Benin and co are all Yorubaland because they are of the 7 sons of Oduduwa the father of Akanbi.
If there arise any body from Benin and say he/she is not a Yoruba lacks utmost understanding about the legend and history of his/her people.
Oduduwa begot Akanbi after fleeing from Mecca his throne due to the murder of his father king Lamurudu who was killed in battle for the defense of his kingdom in this same Mecca from Islamists.

Oduduwa escaped from the palace with those who could escape with him after hearing of the death of his father the king of Mecca.
To cut the story short, he settled finally at Ile Ife where he bore Akanbi.
Akanbi his son gave birth to 7 sons who today are called by the name of their grandfather Oduduwa.
Now;
Oduduwa begat Akanbi
Akanbi begot 7 sons who became 7 princes that makes the Yorubas of today, namely;
Olowu of Owu
Onisabe of Sabe
Onipopo of Popo
Alaketu of Ketu
'Onibenin of Benin'
Orangun of Ila
Alaafin of Oyo

It was due to damn betrayal of Afonja the warrior, with which he seek glory and territory for himself that he betrayed the Alaafin of Oyo who sent him to go and bring Kwara back to submission that he(Afonja) took over the palace and never returned back to Alaafin of Oyo.
This wrath the Alaafin of Oyo which makes him set his battle in array against his chief warrior Afonja. Who did the unthinkable and went to hire northern mercenaries to fight his king the Alaafin of Oyo.
That is how the notherners came into Kwara.

See, story is long but no time for history.
Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by firo08(m): 3:39am On May 20, 2020
Count Edo out of your oduduwa republic. I prefer will go with eastern part.

1 Like

Re: Oduduwa Republic Map & Currencies At A Glance by MistadeRegal(m): 9:59am On May 21, 2020
osazuwa23:
We are not yoruba there a reason why bini speak different lanaguges and the british broke us apart i rather edo be it own country we have are own flag and other subgroup langugaes that can be apart of the edo federation or they can join there biafra brothers or oduduwa but i see this war to be an out right conflict for land that why i say it best to keep nigeria they way it is

Retrace the genealogy of your people.
Do you even know that the title used for kings in all Yoruba land today, the "Oba" was first used and introduced by the Benin Kingdom?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu: Nigerian Military Officers Ordered Shooting Of Protesters In Lekki / El-Rufai & Amaechi vs El-Rufai & Wike - When Will They Learn? / Eid-el-Fitr: FG Extends Public Holiday To Thursday July 7th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.