Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,198 members, 7,811,522 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:39 PM

FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum (41097 Views)

How Old Were You When You Graduated From Secondary School? / 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School / FG Re-instates CRK And IRK As Independent Subjects. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Samusu(m): 9:10am On Jun 21, 2017
salam1:
Plss is the so call Arabic language compulsory?

No, it's not. Just like French and other languages

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by AdExLaWyEr: 9:12am On Jun 21, 2017
Admin why d topic be Two na.

In other news. Oau

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Kingspin(m): 9:12am On Jun 21, 2017
Something must be fishy the ministry of education must come clean.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nomipmex(m): 9:13am On Jun 21, 2017
Apc means doom
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by dacovajnr: 9:14am On Jun 21, 2017
bolanto24:
But this is somehow not okay.So pupils will be taught Islamic and Christian Topics all together since the subjects are now joined.
Nope, but pick one base on your believe.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 21, 2017
LIES everywhere
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 9:14am On Jun 21, 2017
clemsajayi07:

Not true. CRS is being taught in schools that don't offer Islamic studies. We have been teaching RVN in my school in Benin without Islamic studies. we offer French instead of Arabic. it is optional, you choose what u want to do. We have been offering RNV, PvS, CcA, BST, Business studies, Edo language, French, Maths and English for three years now without Islamic studies.
No body is trying to islamized Nigeria with this, I'm a living testimony to this new subjects, because we are offering the aforementioned subjects in the school I teach.
My only concern is that it's making students to be lazy because they now offer few subjects, unlike before were they offer 14-15 subjects. This new curriculum is geared towards having practically inclined students. Merci
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by NtoAkwaIbom(m): 9:15am On Jun 21, 2017
na dem go spread this news, children of hate... nditor idiok-esid

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 9:15am On Jun 21, 2017
why can't we kukuma b using d same good old days curriculum
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by victorazy(m): 9:15am On Jun 21, 2017
Anti-christ already in Nigeria
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Apexcutie(f): 9:15am On Jun 21, 2017
akthedream:
Igbo Jews won't like this.
when will u start commenting without calling the Igbo's?

2 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by GloryCardinal(m): 9:16am On Jun 21, 2017
that's why we should go the igbos i mean
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by marooh: 9:16am On Jun 21, 2017
Small small we are wining grin
If you don't remove APC leg on your feet they will increase it to your thigh and if you don't complain
They will place their leg on top your head angry

Another name for APC is Muslim undecided
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Kingspin(m): 9:17am On Jun 21, 2017
clemsajayi07:

Not true. CRS is being taught in schools that don't offer Islamic studies. We have been teaching RVN in my school in Benin without Islamic studies. we offer French instead of Arabic. it is optional, you choose what u want to do. We have been offering RNV, PvS, CcA, BST, Business studies, Edo language, French, Maths and English for three years now without Islamic studies.
No body is trying to islamized Nigeria with this, I'm a living testimony to this new subjects, because we are offering the aforementioned subjects in the school I teach.
My only concern is that it's making students to be lazy because they now offer few subjects, unlike before were they offer 14-15 subjects. This new curriculum is geared towards having practically inclined students. Merci
We need to hear from those in Zamfara or Kano.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 9:18am On Jun 21, 2017
udumosam23:
The problem is not in the merging of subjects into civil and national values. schools can determine which religion to teach in place of the other.

The problem lies with the seventh subject. Either Arabic or French. Now the question is why Arabic? Why not any other foreign language.

There are more important languages than Arabic which as far as I'm concerned is not different from Islam.

Students will be left with no option than to sturdy Arabic in place of French because of the limited number of French teachers across the country as compared to Arabic that every Muslim can teach.

The solution is, if you must bring in Arabic, then increase the number of optional languages to balance the odd. It won't be wrong bringing in Hebrew, Greek or Latin to correspond the slide.

Why Arabic? So why French also ? Are they not all big languages in the world? No compulsion here. If you don't Like Arabic go for French, Jamaican or whatever nonsense you people feel like. People in the north preferred Arabic to other languages, why is that a problem to you?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by tolexy007(m): 9:18am On Jun 21, 2017
i just pity we Christians embarassed
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by unite4real: 9:19am On Jun 21, 2017
Chikelue2000:
I don't understand dis.... OK let's say dis is true what about the Arabic studies

Arabic is a language just like French, English, German, spanish. It has nothing to do with Islamic Studies. There are bibles written in English, Arabic, French etc. Its just a language pls

7 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by gaskiyamagana: 9:19am On Jun 21, 2017
docadams:
Where is the source of this news?
Sultan of Sokoto.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Urukpe: 9:20am On Jun 21, 2017
udumosam23:
The problem is not in the merging of subjects into civil and national values. schools can determine which religion to teach in place of the other.

The problem lies with the seventh subject. Either Arabic or French. Now the question is why Arabic? Why not any other foreign language.

There are more important languages than Arabic which as far as I'm concerned is not different from Islam.

Students will be left with no option than to sturdy Arabic in place of French because of the limited number of French teachers across the country as compared to Arabic that every Muslim can teach.

The solution is, if you must bring in Arabic, then increase the number of optional languages to balance the odd. It won't be wrong bringing in Hebrew, Greek or Latin to correspond the slide.

Spot on, you are a genius. one more thing, religion on its own is not bad, men make it look bad. The same goes with implementation of policies
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by calyto: 9:21am On Jun 21, 2017
Religion and National Values (RNV)
Listed components will serve as themes in the Religion and National Values Curriculum
Contents are planned for all children to take Social Studies, Civic Education and Security Education themes
Separate classes should be run for CRS theme and IS theme
Consumer Education, Disaster Risk Reduction Education and Peace and Conflict Resolution curricula are infused into the Civic Education, Social Studies and Security Education Themes.
Create enabling environment for the subject in all schools

You all can read this from their website if you want to. Except if you either want to remain mischievous or remain unhappy

http://nerdc.org.ng/eCurriculum/CurriculumStructure.aspx

bolanto24:
But this is somehow not okay. So pupils will be taught Islamic and Christian Topics all together since the subjects are now joined.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 9:21am On Jun 21, 2017
udumosam23:

You stupid do we have enough instructors for other languages like Spanish and Hebrew in the country.or you mean fg should start sending people to those countries to study the languages. The last time I checked all these languages are not even significant. Student don't even give attention to them because they know they can get admission with, or with out it.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by LetUSbleep: 9:21am On Jun 21, 2017
Airforce1:
We don't know what to believe this days from APC government

I don't bleeping understand the op sef
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by repogirl(f): 9:22am On Jun 21, 2017
They are now backtracking. Good for them! They thought Nigerians will sit down and allow their stupid agenda to happen.

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Bluffly: 9:22am On Jun 21, 2017
chesterlee:
She doesn't know what she's saying.

Arabic studies is on its own!!!
Arabic is a Language and not Islamic. English is a Language and not Christianity inclined. French is a Language and not Catholic inclined. I am a Christian and I will not support confusion.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by GuntersChain(m): 9:22am On Jun 21, 2017
This how it starts, turkey was once a Christian nation but today it's now a Moslem nation, why will you have the choice to choose between Arabic and French?

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 9:23am On Jun 21, 2017
chesterlee:
She doesn't know what she's saying.

Arabic studies is on its own!!!
Same way Igbo Language, Yoruba languages, Hausa languages, French languages, English languages are on their own nwanne Arabic is just a language not religious. You didn't complain about French language or English language but complain about Arabic language. Make we stop all this sentiment and reason together friend.

7 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by ChikezieU(m): 9:24am On Jun 21, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

grin grin grin when defending corruption becomes difficult the only thing left is to perpetuate division and religious intolerance. ... I am happy that largely tge failures of beerfraud aka ipob yoots continue to peddle hate like their bleacher cownu
and there you showed yourself proving that you are actually a crusader of lies
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by gaskiyamagana: 9:25am On Jun 21, 2017
papiforreal:

Why Arabic? So why French also ? Are they not all big languages in the world? No compulsion here. If you don't Like Arabic go for French, Jamaican or whatever nonsense you people feel like. People even the north preferred Arabic to other languages, why is that a problem to you?
If CAN is serious in their bigotary, let them bring Hebrew, the language of original Bible for their children and interested people to learn it. Shikena, period.

5 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by henryhemon(m): 9:25am On Jun 21, 2017
Ugboamaka:
sorry for Christians in the north

Peeps like you keep misleading people,It is only on NL that kids say crap they know absolute nothing about. Between Christianity isn't about going to church.

2 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by AreaFada2: 9:26am On Jun 21, 2017
olasaad:

No. The christian pupils/students attend CRS class, why the Muslims students attend IRS class and during exam, the question will be together under religion and national values so students will answer the one he/she does.

And not only religion same goes to Home economics and Agric science, business studies and others as well
So why not:

Arabic Islamic Studies & National/Civic Values as a subject , while CRK & National/Civic Values will be a another subject?

While so much effort to muffle the word "Christian" like it is in our constitution too that mentions Grand Khadi & Muslims dozens of times but no mention of Christians? shocked shocked shocked

How can that be normal in a 50/50 country?
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by ChikezieU(m): 9:26am On Jun 21, 2017
papiforreal:

You stupid do we have enough instructors for other languages like Spanish and Hebrew in the country.or you mean fg should start sending people to those countries to study the languages. The last time I checked all these languages are not even significant. Student don't even give attention to them because they know they can get admission with, or with out it.
so why ranting
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by enigma2007(m): 9:26am On Jun 21, 2017
udumosam23:

Learning Arabic is not a bad idea. Its also a language of Commerce.. I am a Christian and learning Arabic (work related) and it doesnt compromise my values as a Christian..

Arabic as a language had always been way before Christianity and Islam...

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Parades ABSU 500-L Student Emmanuel Victor Who Killed Rival Cult Member / Burnt UNIJOS Library Rebuilt (New Photos) / Dr Biodun Laja Is Dead (Founder Of Lekki British School)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.