Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum (41090 Views)

How Old Were You When You Graduated From Secondary School? / 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School / FG Re-instates CRK And IRK As Independent Subjects. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by mapet: 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
kpaofame:

grin grin grin talking from experience of 15+ years ago...It is well ooo.. actually when/where i served 2 years ago, there were issues like students been out of class during IRS and CRK classes saying they dont offer it...

The thing is that if IRS teacher is in class all CRK students will go to the back or go outside...CRK teacher cant teach them cause there is no class for them to use and vice versa...but for some classes that have more than one arms...All offering IRS can move to one class and others move to another class and they are taught simultaneously which is the idea situation but not obtaining in the two public schools around me then...

...Your explanation is not too clear, but from the little I can glean from it, the issue of logistics arrangements is left for the principal of the school.....or do you expect the Minister of Education to come down to your school to organise class arrangements and time table?
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by pheesayor(m): 12:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
Do you know it was GEJ as president and Wike as education that approved this? Please speak with facts next time
Agimor:
APC will always denied their ill policies after receiving a backlash from the masses.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by ivolt: 12:06pm On Jun 21, 2017
“I have not seen the details but in a case where you have subject combinations in the same period, everyone will attend lectures that correspond with their own religion."

From the quote above, Mrs Inuoha does not know what she is talking about,
she is only protecting her livelihood.
Contrary to what she said, Arabic study is an independent subject in the new curriculum.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by ivolt: 12:08pm On Jun 21, 2017
Samusu:

But there's still a separate course for French and other languages, why?

Arabic language has no use besides spreading of Islam,
other languages are useful in scientific and business dealings.
So never compare a religious language with a neutral one.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by teebell999(m): 12:09pm On Jun 21, 2017
docadams:
Where is the source of this news?

check your pocket.....
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by balad009(f): 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2017
[quote author=udumosam23 post=57712980]The problem is not in the merging of subjects into civil and national values. schools can determine which religion to teach in place of the other.

The problem lies with the seventh subject. Either Arabic or French. Now the question is why Arabic? Why not any other foreign language.

There are more important languages than Arabic which as far as I'm concerned is not different from Islam.

Students will be left with no option than to sturdy Arabic in place of French because of the limited number of French teachers across the country as compared to Arabic that every Muslim can teach.

The solution is, if you must bring in Arabic, then increase the number of optional languages to balance the odd. It won't be wrong bringing in Hebrew, Greek or Latin to correspond the slide. It has been either Arabic or French in a long time. Not a new development at all.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by sshalom(m): 12:15pm On Jun 21, 2017
Airforce1:
We don't know what to believe this days from APC government

That is the challenge...Lack of credibility!
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Ugosample(m): 12:19pm On Jun 21, 2017
Nigerian Christians have to be amongst the dumbest creatures in Africa

Why all these paranoia over Arabic?

If they say make a choice between French or Arabic, pick French and leave Arabic for those who want to do it na

What kind of mumu talk are all these ones talking

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by monex(m): 12:22pm On Jun 21, 2017
udumosam23:
The problem is not in the merging of subjects into civil and national values. schools can determine which religion to teach in place of the other.

The problem lies with the seventh subject. Either Arabic or French. Now the question is why Arabic? Why not any other foreign language.

There are more important languages than Arabic which as far as I'm concerned is not different from Islam.

Students will be left with no option than to sturdy Arabic in place of French because of the limited number of French teachers across the country as compared to Arabic that every Muslim can teach.

The solution is, if you must bring in Arabic, then increase the number of optional languages to balance the odd. It won't be wrong bringing in Hebrew, Greek or Latin to correspond the slide.

there are christians who would be interested in leraning arabic abeg o.

I would be interested
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Ramlay(m): 12:28pm On Jun 21, 2017
udumosam23:
The problem is not in the merging of subjects into civil and national values. schools can determine which religion to teach in place of the other.

The solution is, if you must bring in Arabic, then increase the number of optional languages to balance the odd. It won't be wrong bringing in Hebrew, Greek or Latin to correspond the slide.
It is better u forced all ur clan to study french, so that u can neutralises the number of arabic teachers in the country.upon all the languages why hebrew? Ok! sory Biafra have jews gene running in their system
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by olagbemi118(m): 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2017
Where is osinbajo in all of this
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by BeardedTraveler: 12:34pm On Jun 21, 2017
udumosam23:

Every Muslim can teach Arabic? You are wonderfully wrong, if u wanna be a bigot, kindly get ur welcome facts right at least.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by olagbemi118(m): 12:35pm On Jun 21, 2017
Ramlay:

It is better u forced all ur clan to study french, so that u can neutralises the number of arabic teachers in the country.upon all the languages why hebrew? Ok! sory Biafra have jews gene running in their system
mumu....ur english is so bad
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by BeardedTraveler: 12:36pm On Jun 21, 2017
clemsajayi07:

Not true. CRS is being taught in schools that don't offer Islamic studies. We have been teaching RVN in my school in Benin without Islamic studies. we offer French instead of Arabic. it is optional, you choose what u want to do. We have been offering RNV, PvS, CcA, BST, Business studies, Edo language, French, Maths and English for three years now without Islamic studies.
No body is trying to islamized Nigeria with this, I'm a living testimony to this new subjects, because we are offering the aforementioned subjects in the school I teach.
My only concern is that it's making students to be lazy because they now offer few subjects, unlike before were they offer 14-15 subjects. This new curriculum is geared towards having practically inclined students. Merci

Some people are programmed to high level of bigotry reasoning, they won't listen. Don't disturb urself.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by saintmark88(m): 1:01pm On Jun 21, 2017
udumosam23:

Oga y una like division like this....its not compulsory down south most schools would go for French. D fact u learnt roman numerals mean u learnt catholicism.. Nd there r plenty French teachers every, do u know how many French graduates we have every year....
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Samusu(m): 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2017
ivolt:

Arabic language has no use besides spreading of Islam,
other languages are useful in scientific and business dealings.
So never compare a religious language with a neutral one.

SMH for yhu. Seems like yhu don't know much about world politics and diplomacy.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by truthstands11: 1:03pm On Jun 21, 2017
Absolute rubbish. How can you combine Christian Religious knowledge with Islamic religion? Absolutely impossible. What is wrong with this country? Is this the most important issue for this country now? What this Muslims are looking for, that they will get and I assure them that the God Almighty we serve will fight this battle for His children. Very unfortunate.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by saibuhari(m): 1:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
Christians must not allow their children to attend Arabic Studies. It is islamization ploy. It must be resisted. If they want to introduce foreign language, Dutch or Spanish should replace their jihadist Arabic Studies.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by mentourkhay: 1:12pm On Jun 21, 2017
This is rubbish
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by ivolt: 1:20pm On Jun 21, 2017
Samusu:

SMH for yhu. Seems like yhu don't know much about world politics and diplomacy.

If you know anything aside Islam, it won't be hard to accept that Arabic
language is useless save for spreading Islam.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 1:53pm On Jun 21, 2017
Apexcutie:
when will u start commenting without calling the Igbo's?
Igbo Jew, why are you so pained?
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by drbolade: 2:11pm On Jun 21, 2017
ayukdaboss:

If there are two subjects, French and Arabic to choose from, has anyone forced students in the south to choose Arabic studies? Why do you guys like looking for the smallest opportunity to heat the polity?

I don't have issue with the south as far as the new curriculum is concern. My fear is with the North, there are christians in the North I am sure the subject made optional between French and Arabic will be totally neglected and made only Arabic
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by jice(m): 2:35pm On Jun 21, 2017
Eggcelent:
No. Each Pupil/Student Is Given The Choice To Attend Classes In Line With Their Belief

How will they take exams on the subject, Stop been deceived.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by kuma007(m): 2:36pm On Jun 21, 2017
[quote author=Chikelue2000 post=57690973]I don't understand dis.... OK let's say dis is true what about the Arabic studies[Arabic is an international language spoken by Muslims and Christians across the globe just like English and French. Its like saying Muslims should not study English because that is the language of the Bible. Be guided accordingly]
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by adetayo234: 2:37pm On Jun 21, 2017
olasaad:

No. The christian pupils/students attend CRS class, why the Muslims students attend IRS class and during exam, the question will be together under religion and national values so students will answer the one he/she does.

And not only religion same goes to Home economics and Agric science, business studies and others as well

Mr explainer, what do you have to say about the Arabic studies that stands alone?
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by jice(m): 2:44pm On Jun 21, 2017
adetayo234:

Mr explainer, what do you have to say about the Arabic studies that stands alone?

It is unfortunate that Xtians will be used to destroy Christianity. The law to remove bible knowledge from the curriculum was enacted by a muslim and the explanation and the defense of the provocation is a Christian.
But God shall actually pay all, both the maker of the law and the defender
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by jice(m): 2:48pm On Jun 21, 2017
When it was said a vote for PMB is a vote for the spread of Islam even Pastors shouted sai Baba! Nobody can Islamize Nigeria. What do we have today? Where is Bakare? Where is Mbaka? Gone into oblivion.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by forcen(m): 3:02pm On Jun 21, 2017
This step is to islamise nigeria
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by tragergeorge(m): 3:09pm On Jun 21, 2017
Chikelue2000:
I don't understand dis.... OK let's say dis is true what about the Arabic studies
It's CRK a language like Arabic or what, I'm not understanding this, dem wan DE teach with the Holy Quran like the way dem DE teach CRK with Bible, if its just Arabic language then it's a good development and it's gonna benefits all students Christian or Muslims,,,,,,
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by guychidile: 3:40pm On Jun 21, 2017
hmm,I smell lies o.any way its only God that knows brain behind this,and what will be the out come in future....period!
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by kpaofame: 3:48pm On Jun 21, 2017
mapet:

...Your explanation is not too clear, but from the little I can glean from it, the issue of logistics arrangements is left for the principal of the school.....or do you expect the Minister of Education to come down to your school to organise class arrangements and time table?

So as a principal arrange a timetable for JSS 1 to 3 with 5 classrooms and a population of over 700 students...also you should note that some teachers take up to 3 subjects
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Torylanez(m): 4:36pm On Jun 21, 2017
Airforce1:
We don't know what to believe this days from APC government

Na apc release the news of IRK before?

na una mischievous people de circulate that BS

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Burnt UNIJOS Library Rebuilt (New Photos) / Dr Biodun Laja Is Dead (Founder Of Lekki British School) / UNIOSUN Sacks Olabode Ojoniyi, Lecturer Involved In Sex Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.