Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,049 members, 7,810,880 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum - Education (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum (41089 Views)

How Old Were You When You Graduated From Secondary School? / 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School / FG Re-instates CRK And IRK As Independent Subjects. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by olasaad(f): 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2017
adetayo234:

Mr explainer, what do you have to say about the Arabic studies that stands alone?

Arabic studies doesn't stand alone. Arabic studies/French. A students can either do Arabic studies or French for one international language according to the curriculum.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by jchioma: 5:16pm On Jun 21, 2017
bolanto24:
But this is somehow not okay. So pupils will be taught Islamic and Christian Topics all together since the subjects are now joined.

“I have not seen the details but in a case where you have subject combinations in the same period, everyone will attend lectures that correspond with their own religion. - Director of Press, Federal Ministry of Education, Mrs. Chinenye Ihuoma
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by valentineuwakwe(m): 5:30pm On Jun 21, 2017
Mrs. Chinenye Ihuoma, you are christian and an igbo woman..if you keep supporting this present government and denying that this subject was not remove then you will account to us all in future.....we should all stop this pretense and arrogance when in government or power...what the difference between NERC and the ministry of Education? CRK is not in the curricula again but IRK is still their and you talk of merger to what ever topics you said......
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Segunrock(m): 5:34pm On Jun 21, 2017
jetbomber17:
Take time to read this.... for proper understanding.

Do u have for primary classes. 08029767026
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by BABANGBALI: 5:48pm On Jun 21, 2017
All of una wey dey plan to islamise Nigeria una go die before the implementation
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by engrchioce(m): 5:50pm On Jun 21, 2017
akthedream:
Igbo Jews won't like this.
mumu too much
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by maisauki: 6:09pm On Jun 21, 2017
Chikelue2000:
I don't understand dis.... OK let's say dis is true what about the Arabic studies
Its French dt u sshd say; wt importance does it av religiouswise, economicwise and its been forced down our throats...oro mi ko lopin
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by reuben79: 6:23pm On Jun 21, 2017
Biafra taut would't like dis
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Samusu(m): 7:35pm On Jun 21, 2017
ivolt:

If you know anything aside Islam, it won't be hard to accept that Arabic
language is useless save for spreading Islam.

Assalam alaykum
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by jinneyb(m): 8:09pm On Jun 21, 2017
bolanto24:
But this is somehow not okay. So pupils will be taught Islamic and Christian Topics all together since the subjects are now joined.

You will attend the one that matters to you.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Apexcutie(f): 8:13pm On Jun 21, 2017
akthedream:

Igbo Jew, why are you so pained?
who is pained?jst wondering when u will grow up n stop been childish n mind u am nt an Igbo Jew BT an Igbo
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by OurworkComNg1: 8:14pm On Jun 21, 2017
clemsajayi07:

Not true. CRS is being taught in schools that don't offer Islamic studies. We have been teaching RVN in my school in Benin without Islamic studies. we offer French instead of Arabic. it is optional, you choose what u want to do. We have been offering RNV, PvS, CcA, BST, Business studies, Edo language, French, Maths and English for three years now without Islamic studies.
No body is trying to islamized Nigeria with this, I'm a living testimony to this new subjects, because we are offering the aforementioned subjects in the school I teach.
My only concern is that it's making students to be lazy because they now offer few subjects, unlike before were they offer 14-15 subjects. This new curriculum is geared towards having practically inclined students. Merci

so sir, with the new curriculum, what is the number of subjects a student offers?? thanks...
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Engrduke: 1:34am On Jun 22, 2017
chesterlee:
She doesn't know what she's saying.

Arabic studies is on its own!!!
Arabic is not the same thing as Islamic Religious Studies.
Arabic is a language studies just like French, German,English, Yoruba, Igbo or Hausa.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by AlwaysUltraPad: 6:56am On Jun 22, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Just watch how these Muslims have all become spokemen for the Ministry of Education...Christians please open your eyes and more so avoid people like this above who ere pretending to be spokespersons for the ministry of education overnight just to make sure this quiet Education Jihad flies easily
sometimes, I look at your posts with all sense of pity. Your problem is joblessness. You appear very frustrated. Use the time you spend here playing an ethnic jingoist to go learn a skill. You seriously need help.

I know you .
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by clemsajayi07(m): 6:18pm On Jun 22, 2017
OurworkComNg1:

so sir, with the new curriculum, what is the number of subjects a student offers?? thanks...
9-10 subjects
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by clemsajayi07(m): 6:21pm On Jun 22, 2017
kpaofame:

That's okay but what happens in a state like Oyo that have averagely same population of Muslims and Christian
the school will decide what to take.
I have Moslems in my sch who offer CRS.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by clemsajayi07(m): 6:23pm On Jun 22, 2017
okoliexpress:
if we have people like you who see things holistically in this country and have true knowledge of what is happening we will become a great nation. its people like you that give me hope when reading comments, if not we will just be swallowing everything hook line sinker
thanks.
Nigeria will be great.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by OurworkComNg1: 9:30pm On Jun 22, 2017
clemsajayi07:
9-10 subjects
thanks sir...
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by islandmoon: 9:37pm On Jun 22, 2017
MalcoImX:
Afonja too was a migrant to Ilorin. So, what point are you trying to make?

I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to your Dad, he understood me better, you are not invited, not children talk.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by MalcoImX: 10:06pm On Jun 22, 2017
islandmoon:

I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to your Dad, he understood me better, you are not invited, not children talk.
Small thing a Biafran will resort to insult. The brouhaha that would dey for dat dea Biafra go hot pass 3rd WW.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by MalcoImX: 10:08pm On Jun 22, 2017
islandmoon:

Biafran and insult!! The brouhaha that go dey for dat dea Biafra go hot pass 3rd WW.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by islandmoon: 7:51am On Jun 23, 2017
MalcoImX:
Biafran and insult!! The brouhaha that go dey for dat dea Biafra go hot pass 3rd WW.

so early in the morning, I'm driving to work, come and beat me!
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by BadirX(m): 1:25am On Jul 01, 2017
islandmoon:
At the start of the 19th century Ilorin was a border town in the northeast of the Oyo Empire, with a mainly Yoruba population but with many Hausa and Fulani immigrants. It was the headquarters of an Oyo General, Afonja, who rebelled against the empire and helped bring about its collapse with the assistance of the Fulani.[1] The rebellion was powered by Nupe and Bornu Moslem slaves.[2] Afonja had been assisted by Salih Janta, also called Shehu Alimi, a leader of the local Fulani. In 1824 Afonja was assassinated and Alimi's son Abdusalami became Emir.[3] Ilorin became an emirate of the Sokoto Caliphate.

now they want to teach my children Arabic by force, why is Arabic standing alone as a subject?

why not make it possible for a student to choose between English, Arabic and French?
some Nigerians ehn

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Burnt UNIJOS Library Rebuilt (New Photos) / Dr Biodun Laja Is Dead (Founder Of Lekki British School) / UNIOSUN Sacks Olabode Ojoniyi, Lecturer Involved In Sex Video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.