Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,184 members, 7,811,472 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum (41095 Views)

How Old Were You When You Graduated From Secondary School? / 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School / FG Re-instates CRK And IRK As Independent Subjects. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 9:27am On Jun 21, 2017
`
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by successman1234: 9:27am On Jun 21, 2017
when i was in school, i dont remember arabic standing alone as a subject.

Arabic and islamic studies are supposed to go together, after all it is the alfas in the mosque that teach arabic.

it is suppose to be islamic studies and arabic.

Not arabic as a stand alone.

Religion is a very sensitive matter in this part of the world, i hope the people making changes, know exactly what they are doing?
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Coldfeets: 9:28am On Jun 21, 2017
Airforce1:
We don't know what to believe this days from APC government

You can believe whatever you want to believe.

It's quite unfortunate that even though we live in the age of information where anyone can access any type of information on the internet with just a click of the mouse, so many of our ignorant youths still choose to access their information through mere hearsay.

Too bad.

5 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Stephen4me: 9:28am On Jun 21, 2017
We reject this subtle move in its entirety. It's a sinister plot to undermine Christianity in Nigeria.
I am interested in knowing the contents of the Religious Studies. How can you combine two religion in one subject. For example the Christian believe that Jesus was conceived through Mary by the power of the holy ghost, the Muslim believes he was born through the natural course, how would you merge this into one.
CRK places more emphasis on Jesus as the Saviour of the world, IRK places emphasis on Mohammed.
CRK encourages monogamy, while IRK gives allowance for polygamy, how on earth would you merge as one. There are thousands of difference between this two religious beliefs.
There is an urgent need for the Church, especially prominent leaders and Christian associations like the PFN and CAN, to rise to the occasion and speak against this sinister move.
Even if it would be accepted, the Curriculum of the Religious studies must be critical reviewed. we must ensure we don't send Christian Children to school and at the end of the day, they graduate as Muslims or atheist.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by bunminikan(m): 9:29am On Jun 21, 2017
chigozie391:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2017/06/20/fg-reacts-news-removal-crk-secondary-school-curriculum/amp/
revert back only when you get the detail ma! we don't want confusion anymore. enough!
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by okoliexpress: 9:29am On Jun 21, 2017
clemsajayi07:

Not true. CRS is being taught in schools that don't offer Islamic studies. We have been teaching RVN in my school in Benin without Islamic studies. we offer French instead of Arabic. it is optional, you choose what u want to do. We have been offering RNV, PvS, CcA, BST, Business studies, Edo language, French, Maths and English for three years now without Islamic studies.
No body is trying to islamized Nigeria with this, I'm a living testimony to this new subjects, because we are offering the aforementioned subjects in the school I teach.
My only concern is that it's making students to be lazy because they now offer few subjects, unlike before were they offer 14-15 subjects. This new curriculum is geared towards having practically inclined students. Merci
if we have people like you who see things holistically in this country and have true knowledge of what is happening we will become a great nation. its people like you that give me hope when reading comments, if not we will just be swallowing everything hook line sinker

2 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by enigma2007(m): 9:30am On Jun 21, 2017
Bluffly:

Arabic is a Language and not Islamic. English is a Language and not Christianity inclined. French is a Language and not Catholic inclined. I am a Christian and I will not support confusion.

Thank you.. Abeg help me tell them...Arabic is on my list of languages to learn.. Learning French & Arabic together currently..

3 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 9:31am On Jun 21, 2017
Remove IRK and CRK all together from the curriculum.

we don't need it!

School should not teach you your religion. Government should not teach you religion.

2 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by gaskiyamagana: 9:32am On Jun 21, 2017
tolexy007:
i just pity we Christians embarassed
That you have mischeivously lost Original language of Bible? If not you should have ask FG to introduce Hebrew too, to counter Arabic. Sorry bro.

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by dabiriy(m): 9:32am On Jun 21, 2017
salam1:
Plss is the so call Arabic language compulsory?
is not compulsory is just a language on its own just like french

3 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Trexnemesis(m): 9:33am On Jun 21, 2017
Mumu republic
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by udumosam23(m): 9:33am On Jun 21, 2017
papiforreal:

You stupid do we have enough instructors for other languages like Spanish and Hebrew in the country.or you mean fg should start sending people to those countries to study the languages. The last time I checked all these languages are not even significant. Student don't even give attention to them because they know they can get admission with, or with out it.

No I'm not. Sure we do have instructors for other languages. Hebrew & Greek is to Christians as Arabic is to Muslims. Any learned cleric can teach either.

They can also include Chinese and Portuguese which are more professional and business inclined. Get it?
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by FemiGreatness(m): 9:33am On Jun 21, 2017
Airforce1:
the best thing to do in Nigeria right now is to believe in God and in yourself #gbam

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by hammer6: 9:35am On Jun 21, 2017
PLEASE MINISTER OR WATEVA U CALL URSELF, LEAVE OUR CRK AS IT IS FOR US.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by fof1: 9:35am On Jun 21, 2017
chigozie391:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/dailypost.ng/2017/06/20/fg-reacts-news-removal-crk-secondary-school-curriculum/amp/

IGNORANT FELLOWS BEING USED AS SPOKE PERSONS TO GIVE CONFIDENCE TO SIUTHNERS. ISLAM IS A CRAFTY RELIGION GRADUALLY CREPING INTO CHRISTIAN HOMES DECEITFULLY, PLS BEWARE.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by chuksjuve(m): 9:38am On Jun 21, 2017
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by gaskiyamagana: 9:38am On Jun 21, 2017
marooh:
Small small we are wining grin
If you don't remove APC leg on your feet they will increase it to your thigh and if you don't complain
They will place their leg on top your head angry

Another name for APC is Muslim undecided
Marooh or slowpoke, your Identification?

2 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by FemiGreatness(m): 9:38am On Jun 21, 2017
Joavid:

we don't need it!

School should not teach you your religion. Government should not teach you religion.

you might have a point there too but you and I know the religious is not the problem here, it's the people (we) that will always try to find something to stick it up our fellow man
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by DisGuy: 9:39am On Jun 21, 2017
Chikelue2000:
I don't understand dis.... OK let's say dis is true what about the Arabic studies

Arabic is a language not a religion, the alternative is French Language

With all the IRK and CRK they've been teaching us we still have extremely high crime rates and a violent society North to South

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Mightyraw(m): 9:39am On Jun 21, 2017
djpop100:
why can't we kukuma b using d same good old days curriculum
We can't be living in the past
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by hammer6: 9:39am On Jun 21, 2017
Joavid:

we don't need it!

mechi onu gi there, wat do u know... taaah!
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Rajosh(m): 9:41am On Jun 21, 2017
This marriage called Nigeria is not working. Our religious and ethnic difference can't make us coexist In peace. How can two different religions be combined in one subject?
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Charly68: 9:41am On Jun 21, 2017
This people are just too erratic and uncoordinated.. All this last minutes explanations ought to have been done to sensitize the public beforehand...they thought we are still in the dark age unknown to them that even the things they are doing in their bed room is captured by satellite
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by ayindejimmy(m): 9:42am On Jun 21, 2017
Airforce1:

What else has this govt told you on this issue that is contrary to this?
Or is CAN now the Ministry of Education

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by solaere(m): 9:44am On Jun 21, 2017
This woman is confused nd she doesn't sound convincing at all if dis is d kinda minister that surround dat vegetable of a tin call president i'm not suprise dia rule turn out dis way,dis is how dey keep merging subject nd deteriorating education in dis country what on earth has d arabic to do wit dis nation in d education sector pls how many countries of d world has yoruba,hausa nd or igbo language being taught in their skuls....the integrity of this country has bin buried ...!
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 9:45am On Jun 21, 2017
successman1234:
when i was in school, i dont remember arabic standing alone as a subject.

Arabic and islamic studies are supposed to go together, after all it is the alfas in the mosque that teach arabic.

it is suppose to be islamic studies and arabic.

Not arabic as a stand alone.

Religion is a very sensitive matter in this part of the world, i hope the people making changes, know exactly what they are doing?

You're lying to yourself and the good thing is you know that. Which subject is Arabic Language Islamic Studies in your school?

It has always been Arabic or French for many decades as stand alone subjects.

Then IRK or CRK also standing alone.

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Evangelio(m): 9:45am On Jun 21, 2017
In schools where this is done pupils have no choice but to sit through the class and listen to what their parents would prefer they don't. The old method was ok with us, if it aint broken dont try to fix it!
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by enigma2007(m): 9:47am On Jun 21, 2017
See people complaining and bringing in religious sentiments about languages that would add values to them and make them more employable outside of the border of Nigeria.

If i could turn back the hands of time, i would pay more attention to my French teachers and learn other languages like Arabic, Spanish and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) early.. Learning all of these combined with work is pretty taxing..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Lanspower(m): 9:48am On Jun 21, 2017
Well I think some comments here show that having a good mastery of English Language does not make one intelligent contrary to our general belief. Let's think outside the box on this issue shall we? Arabic as a language is the different from the study of Islam. Even though Arabic is the language of Islam there are millions of native Arabic speakers who are non-muslims. In Africa, after English and French, Arabic is the third most popular foreign language recognized by the African Union so if English as our official language is made compulsory and we are given a choice of learning French or Arabic it is to our advantage dear. Have you ever tried to apply for a UN or some other intergovernmental organizations jobs before? If you have then you will agree with me that your ability to speak another foreign language plus English gives you an edge! If as a bigot you can't learn Arabic try French and leave others to learn Arabic. No one is Islamizing a country by introducing Arabic study which totally differs from Islamic studies.
udumosam23:
The problem is not in the merging of subjects into civil and national values. schools can determine which religion to teach in place of the other.

The problem lies with the seventh subject. Either Arabic or French. Now the question is why Arabic? Why not any other foreign language.

There are more important languages than Arabic which as far as I'm concerned is not different from Islam.

Students will be left with no option than to sturdy Arabic in place of French because of the limited number of French teachers across the country as compared to Arabic that every Muslim can teach.

The solution is, if you must bring in Arabic, then increase the number of optional languages to balance the odd. It won't be wrong bringing in Hebrew, Greek or Latin to correspond the slide.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 9:49am On Jun 21, 2017
ayindejimmy:

What else has this govt told you on this issue that is contrary to this? Or is CAN now the Ministry of Education

Ministry of rumours.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by eyinjuege: 9:50am On Jun 21, 2017
bolanto24:
But this is somehow not okay. So pupils will be taught Islamic and Christian Topics all together since the subjects are now joined.

No.

Those interested in IRK will take IRK and civic duties while those interested in CRK will take CRK and civil duties.
It's not a bad idea, since both religions preach living in peace, shunning corruption, cleanliness etc.
Maybe it will make the future generations more responsible especially towards their civic responsibilities to the society

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Covenant University Lecturer Signs 'jesus Is Lord' On His Test Paper / Police Parades ABSU 500-L Student Emmanuel Victor Who Killed Rival Cult Member / Burnt UNIJOS Library Rebuilt (New Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.