Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,495 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum (41096 Views)

How Old Were You When You Graduated From Secondary School? / 71 Cultists Suspended From Secondary School Etoi, Uyo For Trying To Burn School / FG Re-instates CRK And IRK As Independent Subjects. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by GavelSlam: 9:52am On Jun 21, 2017
clemsajayi07:

Not true. CRS is being taught in schools that don't offer Islamic studies. We have been teaching RVN in my school in Benin without Islamic studies. we offer French instead of Arabic. it is optional, you choose what u want to do. We have been offering RNV, PvS, CcA, BST, Business studies, Edo language, French, Maths and English for three years now without Islamic studies.
No body is trying to islamized Nigeria with this, I'm a living testimony to this new subjects, because we are offering the aforementioned subjects in the school I teach.
My only concern is that it's making students to be lazy because they now offer few subjects, unlike before were they offer 14-15 subjects. This new curriculum is geared towards having practically inclined students. Merci

They would avoid your contribution because it debunks all associated lies and it underlines the pros and cons of this paradigm.

Nigerians love lies and rancour.

2 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by kano6259(m): 9:53am On Jun 21, 2017
@Netbizmanzpls bro!
Arabic & Islam
are not the same.
Arabic is just a language of instruction like any other lang while
Islam is a religion of those believed in existence of only one God (Allah), I know the Islam derived from Arabic word " سلم" which means peace, purity, submission and obedience.
In the religious sense, Islam means submission to the will of God and obedience to His law.
Everything and every phenomenon in the world other than man is administered totally by God-made laws, ie. they are obedient to God and submissive to his laws, Man possesses the qualities of intelligence and choice, thus he is invited to submit to the good will of God and obey His law, ie, become a Muslim.
Submission to the good will of God, together with obedience to His beneficial Law, ie, becoming a Muslim, is the best safeguard for man's peace and harmony.
Islam dates back to the age of Adam and its message has been conveyed to man by God's prophets and messengers, including Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad.

pls do not allow religious matter to separate the citizens, we all Nigerians, no single country in all over the world whose citizens practice One religion.

Nigeria Is ours. Nigeria we serve

thanx

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by enigma2007(m): 9:54am On Jun 21, 2017
Lanspower:
Well I think some comments here show that having a good mastery of English Language does not make one intelligent contrary to our general belief. Let's think outside the box on this issue shall we? Arabic as a language is the different from the study of Islam. Even though Arabic is the language of Islam there are millions of native Arabic speakers who are non-muslims. In Africa, after English and French, Arabic is the third most popular foreign language recognized by the African Union so if English as our official language is made compulsory and we are given a choice of learning French or Arabic it is to our advantage dear. Have you ever tried to apply for a UN or some other intergovernmental organizations jobs before? If you have then you will agree with me that your ability to speak another foreign language plus English gives you an edge! If as a bigot you can't learn Arabic try French and leave others to learn Arabic. No one is Islamizing a country by introducing Arabic study which totally differs from Islamic studies.

I was stranded in a French speaking country and i could not parle myself out of ordering water...i came home and took my French learning seriously.

Also, i am eyeing some UN jobs and so its in my interest to learn more languages as possible..

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by enigma2007(m): 9:54am On Jun 21, 2017
See people complaining and bringing in religious sentiments about languages that would add values to them and make them more employable outside of the border of Nigeria.

If i could turn back the hands of time, i would pay more attention to my French teachers and learn other languages like Arabic, Spanish and Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese) early.. Learning all of these combined with work is pretty taxing..

2 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by marooh: 9:58am On Jun 21, 2017
[quote author=gaskiyamagana post=57717175]
Marooh or slowpoke, your Identification?
gaskiyamagana

Does it really matter? cool
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by mapet: 10:01am On Jun 21, 2017
udumosam23:
The problem is not in the merging of subjects into civil and national values. schools can determine which religion to teach in place of the other.

The problem lies with the seventh subject. Either Arabic or French. Now the question is why Arabic? Why not any other foreign language.

There are more important languages than Arabic which as far as I'm concerned is not different from Islam.

Students will be left with no option than to sturdy Arabic in place of French because of the limited number of French teachers across the country as compared to Arabic that every Muslim can teach.

The solution is, if you must bring in Arabic, then increase the number of optional languages to balance the odd. It won't be wrong bringing in Hebrew, Greek or Latin to correspond the slide.

....and what data supports this statement in bold....or you just conjured this
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by KLMN: 10:04am On Jun 21, 2017
chigozie391:

“I have not seen the details but in a case where you have subject combinations in the same period, everyone will attend lectures that correspond with their own religion.

“Arabic and Islamic Studies are not standing alone. Islamic Religious Study and Christian Religious Study as well as national values will be taught under a new subject.”/

This Woman is not serious. She has not seen the details, but giving us the report and disproving what has been leaked out.

She is a sycophant, who has been bought over, even though claiming to be Christian by name.

The Acting President must rise up to put a stop to this nonsense. \

When you combined IRS with CRK to for Religion and National Value but appoint a chronic Islam man to be teaching it, what was he/she going to be teaching the children?
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by chesterlee(m): 10:04am On Jun 21, 2017
asodane:

Same way Igbo Language, Yoruba languages, Hausa languages, French languages, English languages are on their own nwanne Arabic is just a language not religious. You didn't complain about French language or English language but complain about Arabic language. Make we stop all this sentiment and reason together friend.

my man leave talk..when did Arabic become a strong language in Nigeria

they for put Latin or Hebrew na
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Saintdaprince(m): 10:04am On Jun 21, 2017
I totally disagree with Mrs.chinenye Ihuoma. There is different between Christianity and Islam. You can't teach a Moslem child to pray in Jesus name and the other way. CRK should be for the Christians while IRK should be for the Moslem. Let's be careful with the kind of lies we say. There is GOD in heaven watching over the affairs of men.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Rhodababy123: 10:06am On Jun 21, 2017
God bless you. I hope they won't start forcing missionary schools to teach Arabic. All I see is segregation here. Arabic studies is taught in almost any mosque in Nigeria y introduce it into the school curriculum. So it's now safe to say schools are being divided into Christian and Islamic taught schools. Then a private school where there are a handful of Muslim students will be forced to get an Islamic teacher because I doubt if the parents may want to withdrawal their children based on this new development. Na from clap e tk dey enter dance author=udumosam23 post=57712980]The problem is not in the merging of subjects into civil and national values. schools can determine which religion to teach in place of the other.

The problem lies with the seventh subject. Either Arabic or French. Now the question is why Arabic? Why not any other foreign language.

There are more important languages than Arabic which as far as I'm concerned is not different from Islam.

Students will be left with no option than to sturdy Arabic in place of French because of the limited number of French teachers across the country as compared to Arabic that every Muslim can teach.

The solution is, if you must bring in Arabic, then increase the number of optional languages to balance the odd. It won't be wrong bringing in Hebrew, Greek or Latin to correspond the slide.[/quote]
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Sttimmy1(m): 10:06am On Jun 21, 2017
Why must u merge two religious education together, I honestly beliv apc is an Islamic party with a hidden agenda, which we will not allow to com to pass. Xtians shld open dia eyes wide, and think outsyd d box
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by jaymichael(m): 10:11am On Jun 21, 2017
netbizmanz:
But there's still a separate course for arabic studies right? why?
Arabic is just a language just as English is.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by ayukdaboss(m): 10:12am On Jun 21, 2017
udumosam23:
The problem is not in the merging of subjects into civil and national values. schools can determine which religion to teach in place of the other.

The solution is, if you must bring in Arabic, then increase the number of optional languages to balance the odd. It won't be wrong bringing in Hebrew, Greek or Latin to correspond the slide.
If there are two subjects, French and Arabic to choose from, has anyone forced students in the south to choose Arabic studies? Why do you guys like looking for the smallest opportunity to heat the polity?

2 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by DaBillionnaire: 10:14am On Jun 21, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

grin grin grin when defending corruption becomes difficult the only thing left is to perpetuate division and religious intolerance. ... I am happy that largely tge failures of beerfraud aka ipob yoots continue to peddle hate like their bleacher cownu

U hit d nail on d head, 1 full crate of canned maltina 4 u grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 21, 2017
It's seems some people are hell bent on creating a cultural/religious divide in Nigeria by creating fake news. When they started with the news on CRK being excluded from the curriculum I knew it was bullocks. No one cared to verify that.
When the war starts Nnamdi kanu and his family will be somewhere in Europe or America looking in.

Food for thought of the day, y'all do the dishes.

" One day the river will overflow and there will be no where for us to go and we will run, run wishing we have put out the fire"
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 10:14am On Jun 21, 2017
Shame on you Chinyere. It is time for God to deal with you for lying.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by mapet: 10:14am On Jun 21, 2017
enigma2007:

udumosam23: :

Learning Arabic is not a bad idea. Its also a language of Commerce.. I am a Christian and learning Arabic (work related) and it doesnt compromise my values as a Christian..

Arabic as a language had always been way before Christianity and Islam...

My cousin as a top executive at Nestle was posted to Dubai and Iran. Nestle has a program that facilitate staff posted to those places to learn Arabic

2 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by jaymichael(m): 10:16am On Jun 21, 2017
chesterlee:
She doesn't know what she's saying.

Arabic studies is on its own!!!
Arabic is just a language not a religion.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by francisbiz: 10:17am On Jun 21, 2017
chesterlee:
She doesn't know what she's saying.

Arabic studies is on its own!!!
Mrs. Chinenye Ihuoma she and Igbos and Christians and southerners always conive with Hausa/Fulani to rob christians.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by iyzeek(m): 10:18am On Jun 21, 2017
inno123456:
fixed match available call or whatsapp

scam, you thief.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by mapet: 10:18am On Jun 21, 2017
successman1234:
when i was in school, i dont remember arabic standing alone as a subject.

Arabic and islamic studies are supposed to go together, after all it is the alfas in the mosque that teach arabic.

it is suppose to be islamic studies and arabic.

Not arabic as a stand alone.

Religion is a very sensitive matter in this part of the world, i hope the people making changes, know exactly what they are doing?

Bros,

This is blatant falsehood. Arabic as a language study had always a stand alone subject since the 80s

2 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by mapet: 10:23am On Jun 21, 2017
udumosam23:

papiforreal: :

You stupid do we have enough instructors for other languages like Spanish and Hebrew in the country.or you mean fg should start sending people to those countries to study the languages. The last time I checked all these languages are not even significant. Student don't even give attention to them because they know they can get admission with, or with out it.

No I'm not. Sure we do have instructors for other languages. Hebrew & Greek is to Christians as Arabic is to Muslims. Any learned cleric can teach either.

They can also include Chinese and Portuguese which are more professional and business inclined. Get it?

I can now confirm papiforreal is right

2 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:23am On Jun 21, 2017
udumosam23:

Arabic is the most spoken language in Africa and the language of Islam which is practiced by 80 million Nigerians. That's not a good enough reason for you? Hebrew? Latin? You people better start growing sense, abeg. grin

3 Likes

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by mapet: 10:25am On Jun 21, 2017
Charly68:
This people are just too erratic and uncoordinated.. All this last minutes explanations ought to have been done to sensitize the public beforehand...they thought we are still in the dark age unknown to them that even the things they are doing in their bed room is captured by satellite

....yet you could not use internet to check the website of NERDC to know what they are doing?
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by Nobody: 10:26am On Jun 21, 2017
chesterlee:

my man leave talk..when did Arabic become a strong language in Nigeria

they for put Latin or Hebrew na

Atleast Arabic being used in the north no matter how small.

When did French become a strong language in Nigeria?

Concerning Hebrew: it is inconsequential and insignificant. Even the Bible is thought in English.

French is second most popular language.

Arabic is third most popular language.

1 Like

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by lafuria1(m): 10:31am On Jun 21, 2017
udumosam23:

Arabic was thought in federal government College Warri as far back 1995, they had an Arabic teacher. It was optional just like French,. It was optional, I doubt he had more than 6 students per session.
My point is Arabic language has been in existent, reason French was introduced was because If French speaking African countries, same as Arabic for the Arabic African speaking countries.

You see an odd because you view Arabic as a religion. No African countries speaks Latin or Hebrew. I expect you to make a case for spanish given the number of countries that speaks Spanish and Angola speaks Spanish.
Lagos government introduced Chinese language, all these is done to promote trade.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by enigma2007(m): 10:32am On Jun 21, 2017
mapet:

My cousin as a top executive at Nestle was posted to Dubai and Iran. Nestle has a program that facilitate staff posted to those places to learn Arabic

Exactly... He can move around easily and gets more job opportunities..

Most people screaming up there had never really been in a situation where they cannot speak the language of the host countries and were left looking lost.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by farouk0403(m): 10:32am On Jun 21, 2017
Please don't mind those miscreant, they should keep wailing.

CAN and igbo christian should go and drown in the lagoon with their islamaphobia syndrome.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by kpaofame: 10:37am On Jun 21, 2017
Eggcelent:
No. Each Pupil/Student Is Given The Choice To Attend Classes In Line With Their Belief

So which classroom will they be having the lecture Because it is one subject (IRS and CRK + National value), explain how you will draw a timetable for it...will they have separate class where Christian students will go for their lectures and another class where Muslims will go for their lecture?? Considering the state of public schools in the country....

The merger do not make sense...
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by kikake: 10:37am On Jun 21, 2017
NATIONAL VALUES?

A BBC female reporter asked then Zamfara state governor, Sani Yerima in 2002, if he didn't believe that the Sharia Criminal Codes which Yerima introduced would lead to break-up of Nigeria in future.

Yerima answered no, but honestly added that the difference between the north and south of Nigeria is value systems.
So what National Values are being bandied about here by the Education department, if not a move to introduce something sinister under Buhari administration?

Let Christian and Islamic Religious Studies be studied differently by those interested.

What is National Values? Nigeria is not a nation, and may never be. What the harbinger of Islamic Sharia criminal codes in northern Nigeria, Yerima, told the BBC stands.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by francis247(m): 10:37am On Jun 21, 2017
I don't get the rational behind this move. This seems like nonsense that makes no sense.
Re: FG Denies Removing CRK From Secondary School Curriculum by victor8269: 10:39am On Jun 21, 2017
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

grin grin grin when defending corruption becomes difficult the only thing left is to perpetuate division and religious intolerance. ... I am happy that largely tge failures of beerfraud aka ipob yoots continue to peddle hate like their bleacher cownu
What concerns Biafra n IRS?. Ur brain needs to be flashed.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Police Parades ABSU 500-L Student Emmanuel Victor Who Killed Rival Cult Member / Burnt UNIJOS Library Rebuilt (New Photos) / Dr Biodun Laja Is Dead (Founder Of Lekki British School)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.