Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,188 members, 7,829,251 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

My Sister Like Women - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Sister Like Women (4779 Views)

What Will You Do?? If You Meet Your Wifes Sister Like This In The Kitchen(photo) / What Will You Do If You Meet Your Wife’s Sister Like This In [photo] / Nigerian Men Like Women With Bigger Buttocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Like Women by Nobody: 6:19pm On Jan 28, 2010
Beautful.B:

^^^I DEY SUSPECT U OH cool
lol me?
Re: My Sister Like Women by chidipupay(m): 8:43pm On Jan 28, 2010
agathamari:

she is 18? leave her be. if she were with a guy would you care? probably not. being upset by this only shows your prejudice. leave her be, its her life not yours

If she was with a guy, then we will know that she is doing the right thing at the wrong time, but dating a fellow girl Haba let call spade a spade, telling me she is 18 and she knows what is right for her is against african culture. it is unethical for a same sex relationship. such attitude should be condemn.

@poster
discuss it over with her, and if she continues, help her by telling your parents because in no time this thing will get out of hand, and then she will need serious deliverance. Many ladies dat indulged themselves in this attitude are looking for serious deliverance. because it will end up affecting them adversely
Re: My Sister Like Women by agathamari(f): 11:08am On Jan 29, 2010
chidipupay:

If she was with a guy, then we will know that she is doing the right thing at the wrong time, but dating a fellow girl Haba let call spade a spade, telling me she is 18 and she knows what is right for her is against african culture. it is unethical for a same intimacy relationship. such attitude should be condemn.
it is truely sad how little people know about thier own culture.  ancient eqypt (prior to the greeks and romans) which all of you will admit is african (very proudly on other posts).  homosexuality was widspread and used by not only common folk but nobles and priest.  even in thier myths, thier gods practiced homosexual activities (horus and seth in particular).   even egyptian pharoahs engaged in homosexual relations, Akhenaten and his lover Smenkhkare being among the most famous.  The Egyptian Book of the Dead contains a list of Negative Confessions.  Three of the 42 Negative Confessions stated in the hieroglyphic text refer to sexual activity.  There is a hieroglyphic symbol that means sodomy and it is not used ANYWHERE in the Negative Confessions.  The first recorded homosexual couple in history is commonly regarded as Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum, an Egyptian male couple, who lived around the 2400 BCE.

pre colonial  Lunda Kingdom, Great Zimbabwe, Hausauland, The land of the Bakweri, Dualal, and Fang all have documented homosexuality.  the Zulu king Shaka actualy encouraged his soldiers to engage in homosexual activities to "create intimacy and loyalty" among them.  The Dagara culture has traditionally and continues to regard male homosexuals as "guardians" of its "continuity with the gods and spirits that "dwell" in Southern Burkina Faso, while traditionaly its women were encourage to sleep together as a form of empowerment.  the King of Dahomey had an all female army who were encouraged to engage in lesbian acts.  San -Bushmen- cave paintings at least two thousand years depict copulating men.  Bisexuality is also quite common among the Bajun tribes of east Africa.  women in Lesotho engaged in socially sanctioned "long term, erotic relationships" called motsoalle.  male Azande warriors in the northern Congo routinely took on young male lovers between the ages of twelve and twenty, who helped with household tasks and participated in intimacy with their older husbands.

Experts in the field of Shona customary law note that relationships between men were not uncommon. In some cultures it was in fact expected of boys in puberty that they would experiment with each other. Especially in warrior cultures there would be sexual relationships between men.

Colonial court records also show that prosecution for male homosexuality at the onset of colonial rule amounted to 1.5 percent of criminal cases in Zimbabwe, eventually declining to near zero, while prosecutions for heterosexual crimes, such as indecent assault, despoil, etc., rose from almost nothing to significant portions of the criminal dockets. It must be noted that because the 1.5 percent represented unwilling participants in the criminal process, the actual extent of homosexual behavior was certainly much greater, since only those caught in flagrante delicto, those prosecuted with amicus, or those accused by jilted lovers or others with an axe to grind, represent the criminal numbers we see in the records. The actual numbers were certainly much higher. In more than 90 percent of cases, the defendant was an African male accused of assualting another African male or boy. Cases involving Europeans were much more rare.  Contrary to Mugabe's and other Afrocentrists' assertions, analysis of the colonial court cases shows that the rate of prosecution for homosexual behaviors was highest among the more indigenous peoples (Shona, 17% and Ndebele, 16%), and least among the "industrialized migrants" from elsewhere (about 3% each for Xhosa, Basotho and Zulu).

A study on homosexuality in Africa indicates that of 78 cultures, with little contact with Western values, 49 approved of or at least tolerated homosexuality. This may indicate that homophobia (NOT homosexuality) is a Western colonial import.  Homosexuals world wide have been acepted members of society up untill the influence of the "abrahmic religions"
Re: My Sister Like Women by BlackRevo: 4:55pm On Jan 29, 2010
^^

I am waiting for you to site an example from the Nigerian cultures, when we say African culture you should understand that we do not mean the entire continent as a whole. We are simply saying that the practice is condemned to a significant level that nullifies the existence of its opposite.

We used to kill twin babies yesterday but we don't do that anymore so in condemning homosexual practices please look at it from the point of view of the modern era if it is still in practice in African and not the digging up of facts documented by who and in what manner to serve whose purpose?

cool
Re: My Sister Like Women by yme1(f): 5:05pm On Jan 29, 2010
if that is what she wants am sorry to say there is no way you can stop her
as for the telling your parents, just chill with time she will let the world know who she really his
just talk to her and pray about it
Re: My Sister Like Women by chidipupay(m): 11:55pm On Jan 29, 2010
agathamari:

it is truely sad how little people know about thier own culture. ancient eqypt (prior to the greeks and romans) which all of you will admit is african (very proudly on other posts). homosexuality was widspread and used by not only common folk but nobles and priest. even in thier myths, thier gods practiced homosexual activities (horus and seth in particular). even egyptian pharoahs engaged in homosexual relations, Akhenaten and his lover Smenkhkare being among the most famous. The Egyptian Book of the Dead contains a list of Negative Confessions. Three of the 42 Negative Confessions stated in the hieroglyphic text refer to sexual activity. There is a hieroglyphic symbol that means sodomy and it is not used ANYWHERE in the Negative Confessions. The first recorded homosexual couple in history is commonly regarded as Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum, an Egyptian male couple, who lived around the 2400 BCE.

pre colonial Lunda Kingdom, Great Zimbabwe, Hausauland, The land of the Bakweri, Dualal, and Fang all have documented homosexuality. the Zulu king Shaka actualy encouraged his soldiers to engage in homosexual activities to "create intimacy and loyalty" among them. The Dagara culture has traditionally and continues to regard male homosexuals as "guardians" of its "continuity with the gods and spirits that "dwell" in Southern Burkina Faso, while traditionaly its women were encourage to sleep together as a form of empowerment. the King of Dahomey had an all female army who were encouraged to engage in lesbian acts. San -Bushmen- cave paintings at least two thousand years depict copulating men. Bisexuality is also quite common among the Bajun tribes of east Africa. women in Lesotho engaged in socially sanctioned "long term, erotic relationships" called motsoalle. male Azande warriors in the northern Congo routinely took on young male lovers between the ages of twelve and twenty, who helped with household tasks and participated in intimacy with their older husbands.

Experts in the field of Shona customary law note that relationships between men were not uncommon. In some cultures it was in fact expected of boys in puberty that they would experiment with each other. Especially in warrior cultures there would be sexual relationships between men.

Colonial court records also show that prosecution for male homosexuality at the onset of colonial rule amounted to 1.5 percent of criminal cases in Zimbabwe, eventually declining to near zero, while prosecutions for heterosexual crimes, such as indecent assault, despoil, etc., rose from almost nothing to significant portions of the criminal dockets. It must be noted that because the 1.5 percent represented unwilling participants in the criminal process, the actual extent of homosexual behavior was certainly much greater, since only those caught in flagrante delicto, those prosecuted with amicus, or those accused by jilted lovers or others with an axe to grind, represent the criminal numbers we see in the records. The actual numbers were certainly much higher. In more than 90 percent of cases, the defendant was an African male accused of assualting another African male or boy. Cases involving Europeans were much more rare. Contrary to Mugabe's and other Afrocentrists' assertions, analysis of the colonial court cases shows that the rate of prosecution for homosexual behaviors was highest among the more indigenous peoples (Shona, 17% and Ndebele, 16%), and least among the "industrialized migrants" from elsewhere (about 3% each for Xhosa, Basotho and Zulu).

A study on homosexuality in Africa indicates that of 78 cultures, with little contact with Western values, 49 approved of or at least tolerated homosexuality. This may indicate that homophobia (NOT homosexuality) is a Western colonial import. Homosexuals world wide have been acepted members of society up untill the influence of the "abrahmic religions"

Like your google search. But a little reference would have been better for my update. I waited for you to quote that of nigerian history about it, but hello, I cannot find it anywhere. Now I still ask this question what are the advantages of homosexual and lesbianism? what will drive some one to want to be the opposite sex, in order of having intimate relationship with his/her sex?
Re: My Sister Like Women by sweetpie23: 2:34pm On Jan 30, 2010
agathamari:

it is truely sad how little people know about thier own culture. ancient eqypt (prior to the greeks and romans) which all of you will admit is african (very proudly on other posts). homosexuality was widspread and used by not only common folk but nobles and priest. even in thier myths, thier gods practiced homosexual activities (horus and seth in particular). even egyptian pharoahs engaged in homosexual relations, Akhenaten and his lover Smenkhkare being among the most famous. The Egyptian Book of the Dead contains a list of Negative Confessions. Three of the 42 Negative Confessions stated in the hieroglyphic text refer to sexual activity. There is a hieroglyphic symbol that means sodomy and it is not used ANYWHERE in the Negative Confessions. The first recorded homosexual couple in history is commonly regarded as Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum, an Egyptian male couple, who lived around the 2400 BCE.

pre colonial Lunda Kingdom, Great Zimbabwe, Hausauland, The land of the Bakweri, Dualal, and Fang all have documented homosexuality. the Zulu king Shaka actualy encouraged his soldiers to engage in homosexual activities to "create intimacy and loyalty" among them. The Dagara culture has traditionally and continues to regard male homosexuals as "guardians" of its "continuity with the gods and spirits that "dwell" in Southern Burkina Faso, while traditionaly its women were encourage to sleep together as a form of empowerment. the King of Dahomey had an all female army who were encouraged to engage in lesbian acts. San -Bushmen- cave paintings at least two thousand years depict copulating men. Bisexuality is also quite common among the Bajun tribes of east Africa. women in Lesotho engaged in socially sanctioned "long term, erotic relationships" called motsoalle. male Azande warriors in the northern Congo routinely took on young male lovers between the ages of twelve and twenty, who helped with household tasks and participated in intimacy with their older husbands.

Colonial court records also show that prosecution for male homosexuality at the onset of colonial rule amounted to 1.5 percent of criminal cases in Zimbabwe, eventually declining to near zero, while prosecutions for heterosexual crimes, such as indecent assault, despoil, etc., rose from almost nothing to significant portions of the criminal dockets. It must be noted that because the 1.5 percent represented unwilling participants in the criminal process, the actual extent of homosexual behavior was certainly much greater, since only those caught in flagrante delicto, those prosecuted with amicus, or those accused by jilted lovers or others with an axe to grind, represent the criminal numbers we see in the records. The actual numbers were certainly much higher. In more than 90 percent of cases, the defendant was an African male accused of assualting another African male or boy. Cases involving Europeans were much more rare. Contrary to Mugabe's and other Afrocentrists' assertions, analysis of the colonial court cases shows that the rate of prosecution for homosexual behaviors was highest among the more indigenous peoples (Shona, 17% and Ndebele, 16%), and least among the "industrialized migrants" from elsewhere (about 3% each for Xhosa, Basotho and Zulu).

A study on homosexuality in Africa indicates that of 78 cultures, with little contact with Western values, 49 approved of or at least tolerated homosexuality. This may indicate that homophobia (NOT homosexuality) is a Western colonial import. Homosexuals world wide have been acepted members of society up untill the influence of the "abrahmic religions"

must you write an eassy
Re: My Sister Like Women by agathamari(f): 5:41pm On Jan 30, 2010
@chidipupay and black-Revo.  if you notice my responce was to the statment "agaist AFRICAN culture".  but if you wish to solely referance nigerian customs then look at the statements refering to both housaland and dragara, both kingdoms included areas of what is now nigeria.
as for if it is still practiced in africa then the answer is yes as stated in my previous post - regions with little to no contact with the west still to this day more often then not tolerate if not approve of homosexuality.  the same goes in other areas of the world from asia to south america, homophobia is a western import, not the other way around.   as to what is to gain from it, that is soley a personal idea that only they can answer

here is some more info on pre colonial nigeria and surrounding regions:
'Yan daudu are only the most visible component of a much larger culture of people in northern Nigeria and surrounding regions with gender-transgressive affect or an interest in same-sex sexuality. Researches and pre-colonial court records show that homosexuality is part of our culture in nigeria, as there are ample evidences to show that there are local names for homosexuality. Remember that, no language could effectively express an experience if the experience does not occur in that language. Gender-crossing homosexuality has been discussed as common in the (Nigerian) Hausa bori cult. Like Mukasa, Yemisi Ilesanmi pointed out that same-sex practices existed in Nigeria from pre-colonial times, for example among the Calabar people in the country's southeast.

In pre colonial Nigeria the royal court of the Alaafin of Oyo had enuchs and male transvestites. Sango the Yoruba King of Oyo had feminine characteristics including wearing ear rings and plaiting his hair. Contrary to our post colonial indoctrination Africans have known same sex relationships in most societies. One of the queens of benin was known historically to be a lesbian. In Nigeria we have even had a military head of state who has been accused of running a homosexualy oriented goverment and whose high pitched voice and soft features suggest at least bisexuality given his marriage and children. the problem stems from our parochial views which are conditioned by our colonial heritage to be unthinking acceptance of dogma

@sweetie pie23  that is the condensed version
Re: My Sister Like Women by chidipupay(m): 6:30pm On Jan 30, 2010
agathamari:

@chidipupay and black-Revo. if you notice my responce was to the statment "agaist AFRICAN culture". but if you wish to solely referance nigerian customs then look at the statements refering to both housaland and dragara, both kingdoms included areas of what is now nigeria.
as for if it is still practiced in africa then the answer is yes as stated in my previous post - regions with little to no contact with the west still to this day more often then not tolerate if not approve of homosexuality. the same goes in other areas of the world from asia to south america, homophobia is a western import, not the other way around. as to what is to gain from it, that is soley a personal idea that only they can answer

here is some more info on pre colonial nigeria and surrounding regions:
'Yan daudu are only the most visible component of a much larger culture of people in northern Nigeria and surrounding regions with gender-transgressive affect or an interest in same-intimacy sexuality. Researches and pre-colonial court records show that homosexuality is part of our culture in nigeria, as there are ample evidences to show that there are local names for homosexuality. Remember that, no language could effectively express an experience if the experience does not occur in that language. Gender-crossing homosexuality has been discussed as common in the (Nigerian) Hausa bori cult. Like Mukasa, Yemisi Ilesanmi pointed out that same-intimacy practices existed in Nigeria from pre-colonial times, for example among the Calabar people in the country's southeast.

In pre colonial Nigeria the royal court of the Alaafin of Oyo had enuchs and male transvestites. Sango the Yoruba King of Oyo had feminine characteristics including wearing ear rings and plaiting his hair. Contrary to our post colonial indoctrination Africans have known same intimacy relationships in most societies. One of the queens of benin was known historically to be a lesbian. In Nigeria we have even had a military head of state who has been accused of running a homosexualy oriented goverment and whose high pitched voice and soft features suggest at least bisexuality given his marriage and children. the problem stems from our parochial views which are conditioned by our colonial heritage to be unthinking acceptance of dogma

I bet to disagree with that. Now do you mean to tell me that homosexual was practices first? let get something clear here. Adam had every quality of self reproducing before God took out the feminine part in man. A reference is clear in Man and Woman Anatomy. the wrong aspect in Lesbianism is the involvement of the same sex in sexual intercourse which on a very good day is not suppose to be so. Male and female are created for the primary Aim of reproducing, and other are secondary, like companion etc. Coming to the African setting. The fact that sango wore ladies attire doesn't mean he was an homosexual. He married. his wife's name was Oya. You are I know that same sex intercourse is not good. I still be to say that same sex relationship is a man's way of experimenting to come up with his/her own idea. with adopting or any long answer, please answer this question. If everybody decides to be Gay (all men) and all women decides to be Lesbian. i.e full time, not bisexual. how do you think that REGENERATION will continue? if we can reject murder, thievies, hard-drugs, scams, etc why can't we reject the worst of it HOMOSEXUAL AND LESBIANISM
Re: My Sister Like Women by Abdulmalik1: 7:23pm On Jan 30, 2010
tell her she is on the right path to heaven. phsyco
Re: My Sister Like Women by Abdulmalik1: 7:30pm On Jan 30, 2010
Re: My Sister Like Women by Abdulmalik1: 7:33pm On Jan 30, 2010
Re: My Sister Like Women by LaPonty1: 8:05pm On Jan 30, 2010
I beg Txt Me Her no, lets hope she likes me, (i be Boi ooo)
Re: My Sister Like Women by tutus(m): 8:38pm On Jan 30, 2010
THAT IS GRACIOUS grin I WOULD LUV 2 HOK HER UP WITH MY GRANNY.
Re: My Sister Like Women by CHARLOE(m): 10:57am On Jan 31, 2010
@ Mrbrownjay and Agatha mary, You'll agree with me that some crimes
carry heavier punishment than others, even our human legal laws
recognise that. The law court may sentence a man to 1 month
imprisonment for hitting his wife, but may give him a life sentence for
mudering same woman.
 Understand something here; THERE'S NO LIBERTY
WITHOUT LAW! There're crimes (pilfering, fighting etc) and there're CRIMES
(MURDER, RAPE etc). Also, there're sins (lying, cursing etc) and
ther're SINS (MURDER, RAPE, HOMOSEXUALITY ETC). The fact that
homosexualty has been around for thousands of yrs doesn't make it
right! It has always been an aberration! Even if some countries laws no longer see it
as a crime (this is one of d few reasons i still luv my dear country), it's a Big SIN in d sight of your maker, God!  
 God detroyed the world twice majorly because of this SIN! A word is enough
for d wise! If u are gay, pls retrace ur step, it's never too late, God is ever willing
to forgive u and u must learn to forgive urself.
 Homosexualty is a SIN against God, Nature and even urself!

Re: My Sister Like Women by Nobody: 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2010
CHARLOE:

@ Mrbrownjay and Agatha mary, You'll agree with me that some crimes
carry heavier punishment than others, even our human legal laws
recognise that. The law court may sentence a man to 1 month
imprisonment for hitting his wife, but may give him a life sentence for
mudering same woman.
 Understand something here; THERE'S NO LIBERTY
WITHOUT LAW! There're crimes (pilfering, fighting etc) and there're CRIMES
(MURDER, despoil etc). Also, there're sins (lying, cursing etc) and
ther're SINS (MURDER, despoil, HOMOSEXUALITY ETC). The fact that
homosexualty has been around for thousands of yrs doesn't make it
right! It has always been an aberration! Even if some countries laws no longer see it
as a crime (this is one of d few reasons i still luv my dear country), it's a Big SIN in d sight of your maker, God!  
 God detroyed the world twice majorly because of this SIN! A word is enough
for d wise! If u are gay, pls retrace your step, it's never too late, God is ever willing
to forgive u and u must learn to forgive urself.
 Homosexualty is a SIN against God, Nature and even urself!

clap for yourself. . . . . . . . . . and when you are done talking nonsense, pick up your bible and tell me exactly where it says that some sins are bigger than others.
take all the time you need, i'll be here.

and pls, never compare the crime laws of today with anything that is written in your bible, because if you do then many of what was written in the bible is AGAINST the laws of today.
Re: My Sister Like Women by tutus(m): 12:34am On Feb 02, 2010
Homosexuality is a gift from God and not everyone has that gift cry that is the advantage in it.
Re: My Sister Like Women by CHARLOE(m): 12:49pm On Feb 02, 2010
@ Mrbrownjay,
For God to have detroyed the world twice; with fire and water, majorly b/c of this SIN is enough for every right-thinking person that beleive he/she is created by this same God, to know HE considers it a far greater sin!. (NOTE: The bible refer to some sins as unto death).
I know what u think, u feel its just like stealing, adultery etc but ask urself, why wld God destroy d very pple He created twice because of this minomer? I'll tell u- IT'S A PLAN OF THE DEVIL TO COUNTER THE GRAND PLAN GOD HAS FOR MANKIND; TO REPLICATE HIMSELF IN MAN! That's the simple reason He made us in His image (can't go into details here about His wonderful almost unbelievable plan for mankind).
I don't want to sound religous here, just want to drive my pt home. Every animal was made after its kind but man was not made after any animal kind (forget what ur biology says), but after the God-kind! So when man procreates, God re-creates Himself in man. This is a misery, but easy to understand if u open ur mind to the truth.
Pple feel they can do whatever they like,' its my life, its my body'; WRONG! It's not ur life, God gave it to u and u will give account of it someday. If u're interested in getting understanding/knowledge/truths u can go to; thetrumpet.com or pcog.org. This is not religion, its knowing the truth as stated by our Maker. cheers.

Re: My Sister Like Women by CHARLOE(m): 1:02pm On Feb 02, 2010
Therefore, if evry man/woman decide to practice same sex union, man will obviously become extinct sooner than u think. You don't want that to happen, and definitely God will not alloww it.

Re: My Sister Like Women by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 02, 2010
@charloe
read carefully what i wrote before answering. i dont care what people do with their lives as long as they dont force their lifestyle upon me. they can be gay/lesbian or tutti frutti for all i care, its their life and if they have chosen to live it that way then so be it.
i look at people as humans and judge them as that, not on what they do in their bedrooms at night(unless its something criminal).

so since you have difficulties understanding my point, i will repeat my question:

[size=14pt]SHOW ME WHERE IN YOUR BIBLE IT SAYS THAT THERE ARE SINS BIGGER THAN OTHERS?[/size]

PS look at the bright side of this gay/lesbian issue. . . . . . . .  the more gays there are out there, then more totos are left for us real men. as for lesbian, they are taking "food of the table from us" so i have a beef with them but not to the extent of hating them!!!!!! lol

1 Like

Re: My Sister Like Women by galatico(m): 3:14pm On Feb 02, 2010
The best thing you should do is to talk to her .

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can We Call This Cheating? / Men Would You Rather Have Beauty Or Brains For A Wife? / MAN OF THE YEAR; See This SEXY Guy Spotted At The ATM.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.