Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,915 members, 7,817,684 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? (2201 Views)

Have U Ever Cheated In A Relationship? What Are Your Reasons / The Lady Has A Lot To Lose When It Comes To Relationship....what A Pity! / When A Lady Says She Need A Break In Relationship, What Does That Implies? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by dingbang(m): 7:00pm On Jun 24, 2017
How do you revive someone (who is your partner and doesn't talk to much) in getting to be expressive about his/her thoughts and feelings.

I don't know if any of us have had that partner who is always mute, anytime you chat them up, their replies are just singular, you get to type lengthy texts and all they can ever come up with is K....

i don't know if you get me?

So this evening I want to ask my friends out here for their constructive comments on this matter.

As someone who doesn't talk too much, how do you advise your partner to get the best from you? What can u advise he or she to do to make you be more expressive?
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by Holuwadamilarey(m): 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2017
its all about understanding
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jun 24, 2017
that's d type of relationship I'm into, buh it's sometimes required mutual agreement btw d two party
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by marisdgreat(f): 7:25pm On Jun 24, 2017
Same with me but we will always end up annoying each other, calls is even d worst except when he s coming to see me cos we r not in d same state
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by dingbang(m): 7:26pm On Jun 24, 2017
marisdgreat:
Same with me but we will always end up annoying each other, calls is even d worst except when he s coming to see me cos we r not in d same state
who between you both is more reserved?
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jun 24, 2017
I can't date such guys, if you're wooing me and i later found out that you're the introvert type, I'm sorry it's a no no!

1 Like

Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jun 24, 2017
Lack of communication is one thing that kills relationships. In my opinion, if someone is as much inlove with you as you're with them he/she would always want to initiate a conversation either through call or chat.

The worst set of people to be in a relationship with are those who never call or initiate chat.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by dingbang(m): 7:37pm On Jun 24, 2017
Benita27:
Lack of communication is one thing that kills relationships. In my opinion, if someone is as much inlove with you as you're with them he/she would always want to initiate a conversation either through call or chat.

The worst set of people to be in a relationship with are those who never call or initiate chat.
so you saying that irrespective of their quiet introverted nature, if the person really likes you, he or she will always communicate right?
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by dingbang(m): 7:43pm On Jun 24, 2017
flamee:
I can't date such guys, if you're wooing me and i later found out that you're the introvert type, I'm sorry it's a no no!
even if you really like him?
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by pocohantas(f): 7:45pm On Jun 24, 2017
#Be a partner they can talk to... a non communicative partner tends to open up if they feel at home with you. If they trust you, they'll talk to you without the fear of sounding stupid, or you using it against them. Some of these people are very introverted, low self esteemed due to how they were raised or just not on the same page with you.

#One problem I have with some guys is, once a lady doesn't talk science, politics, football...they conclude she is dull. We forget interest differs, if she isn't responding when you talk about the Confederation Cup...make her interested in it or find another topic. There has to be something that would make her type beyond "K".

#Explain to her that you're not one supernatural being capable of reading minds. You need her to talk, for you to know what's botheing her and how you both can be better.

#When she gets to talk, show interest. Don't make them look clueless. It might not be what you love talking about, but just try.

#Make out talk time. Set the right atmosphere, no distractions, be ready to listen, keep your gavel, robes and wig away...just listen, let them bare it all. When you eventually talk...be careful with your words, so you don't push them back into their hole.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jun 24, 2017
@ dingbang hmm i will have to make him talk.

The way you reply to my comment, pls how do you do it?
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jun 24, 2017
dingbang:
so you saying that irrespective of their quiet introverted nature, if the person really likes you, he or she will always communicate right?
Where you told that introverts don't communicate effectively?. Actually, they do but the difference between them and the extroverts is that they tend to reason before speaking and they talk less often.
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by dingbang(m): 7:54pm On Jun 24, 2017
flamee:
@ dingbang hmm i will have to make him talk.

The way you reply to my comment, pls how do you do it?
lol.. Ok just click on quote...

And type your reply in the box provided and send
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by dingbang(m): 7:55pm On Jun 24, 2017
pocohantas:
#Be a partner they can talk to... a non communicative partner tends to open up if they feel at home with you. If they trust you, they'll talk to you without the fear of sounding stupid, or you using it against them. Some of these people are very introverted, low self esteemed due to how they were raised or just not on the same page with you.

#One problem I have with some guys is, once a lady doesn't talk science, politics, football...they conclude she is dull. We forget interest differs, if she isn't responding when you talk about the Confederation Cup...make her interested in it or find another topic. There has to be something that would make her type beyond "K".

#Explain to her that you're not one supernatural being capable of reading minds. You need her to talk, for you to know what's botheing her and how you both can be better.

#When she gets to talk, show interest. Don't make them look clueless. It might not be what you love talking about, but just try.

#Make out talk time. Set the right atmosphere, no distractions, be ready to listen, keep your gavel, robes and wig away...just listen, let them bare it all. When you eventually talk...be careful with your words, so you don't push them back into their hole.
thanks for this detailed explanation..

1 Like

Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Jun 24, 2017
dingbang:

Thanks
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 24, 2017
Gush op hate those type of relationship
I was once in one
My advice for anyone in such relationship is to go out more
And when going out make sure you she/he tags his/her favorite friend along
The friend will know what type of conversation to start
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by marisdgreat(f): 8:03pm On Jun 24, 2017
dingbang:
who between you both is more reserved?
I am more reserved than him just d relationship s kinda boring cos of non effective communication n d frequent quarrels due to d same temparament that we have I.e quick annoyance
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by dingbang(m): 8:42pm On Jun 24, 2017
marisdgreat:

I am more reserved than him just d relationship s kinda boring cos of non effective communication n d frequent quarrels due to d same temparament that we have I.e quick annoyance
so tell me. What would u advise him to do to make you more opened up to him and what he should stop doing

@ marisdgreat
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by openmine(m): 8:48pm On Jun 24, 2017
1. Talk slowly

Typically, good talkers don’t rush into a conversation. They take their time when they reflect on something and when they say it out loud. They act as if they have all the time in the world. This makes them come off as centered and collected. Model this way of talking and you will create the same effect.

2. Hold more eye contact

Most people keep eye contact about 2/3 of the time or less when they talk. In my experience, it’s a very good idea to hold eye contact just a bit more than that. This will convey confidence and interest in interacting with them.

3. Notice the details

People with good conversation skills tend to notice the kind of things that the average person doesn’t notice, and to bring such details into the conversation. They may notice and point out an interesting ring on the other person’s hand, a certain foreign accent, or a certain voice tone they use when saying a name. Thus, such individuals impress people in a very elegant manner.

4. Give unique compliments

Anybody can pay a generic compliment to try and get another person’s appreciation. Charismatic people on the other hand are able to really pay attention to others, to look beyond the facade and thus, pay unique compliments. Do the same and besides wooing others, you may even help them find out things about themselves they didn’t know.

5. Express your emotions

It’s very rare to meet a person who is comfortable talking about their emotions and how certain things make them feel, especially with strangers. Yet this way of talking is a real virtue. Don’t just present the facts, you’re not a newspaper. Express your feelings about those facts. Keep in mind that it is at the emotional level that people connect best.

6. Offer interesting insights

Anybody can talk about the news or express basic opinions. But good talkers can frequently tell you things you didn’t know and that you’ll find fascinating. This is why it’s good to have knowledge into fields such as psychology or sociology, and bring such knowledge out at the right moments in a conversation.

7. Use the best words

The ability to talk smoothly has a lot to do with choosing the precise words to convey your precise feelings or thoughts. Constantly develop your vocabulary and practice communicating as accurately as possible. It will help you develop a way with words and allow you to express yourself more easily.

3 Likes

Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by spencerlouis(m): 8:50pm On Jun 24, 2017
marisdgreat:
dats really bd/boring!!! trust me he has another grlfrnd!!! fact!!!
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by samyfreshsmooth(m): 8:53pm On Jun 24, 2017

Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by marisdgreat(f): 8:54pm On Jun 24, 2017
spencerlouis:
dats really bd/boring!!! trust me he has another grlfrnd!!! fact!!!
He has another gf n still wants me to meet his people this weekend though I couldn't make it cos i wasnt chanced. Well that's his own problem after all I always tell most guys that am single n not dating cos I can't call that one a relationship

1 Like

Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by marisdgreat(f): 9:00pm On Jun 24, 2017
dingbang:
so tell me. What would u advise him to do to make you more opened up to him and what he should stop doing

@ marisdgreat
Is he even open up to me, cos I didn't tell him I was engaged in a prayer n he used that to pick offense with me by saying y cant i tell my husband to be i.e him that I was given some prayers to do. In short am just fed up even though he invited me to his hometown this weekend to introduce me to his family thought I didn't go
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Jun 24, 2017
Take it or leave it, one of you is not in love. All the girls I ever dated would chat with me into midnight everyday. The one that didn't like chatting would call me for 10secs and force me to call her back.

Those that usually type k are naturally dumb people. They lack the brain.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jun 24, 2017
dingbang:

I bring out the talk in them. I can't date someone who doesn't light that spark in me o... Which one is 'k' angry
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by optional1(f): 9:28pm On Jun 24, 2017
quit is the only advise if u both can't communicate with each other regulary.
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2017
dingbang:
How do you revive someone (who is your partner and doesn't talk to much) in getting to be expressive about his/her thoughts and feelings.

I don't know if any of us have had that partner who is always mute, anytime you chat them up, their replies are just singular, you get to type lengthy texts and all they can ever come up with is K....

i don't know if you get me?

So this evening I want to ask my friends out here for their constructive comments on this matter.

As someone who doesn't talk too much, how do you advise your partner to get the best from you? What can u advise he or she to do to make you be more expressive?

it will be easy for you if your partner is the talking type honestly you must be forced to express yourself at a certain point...as for me,I can make the deaf and dumb to talk..lolz
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by dingbang(m): 9:31pm On Jun 24, 2017
Nma27:
I bring out the talk in them. I can't date someone who doesn't light that spark in me o... Which one is 'k' angry
lol u ladies should know better about the k word na grin
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by dingbang(m): 9:54pm On Jun 24, 2017
sekxy:

it will be easy for you if your partner is the talking type honestly you must be forced to express yourself at a certain point...as for me,I can make the deaf and dumb to talk..lolz
seems u fun to be with..
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by Nobody: 2:05am On Jun 25, 2017
dingbang:
seems u fun to be with..
Lol nobi small thing oo
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by Jazzlite: 5:53am On Jun 25, 2017
Benita27:

I have been initiating chats.... But no response... I can't get over your rear door.... It is important we fix this issue once and for all.
Re: A Non Communicative Relationship: What Do You Advise? by Nobody: 7:38am On Jun 25, 2017
dingbang:
Yes na.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Man Weeps As He Proposes To His Girlfriend Whom He Met On Facebook A Year Ago / Black American Girls Are Unique Bitchy And Cool / Meet Nairalander Who Fell For Flip Money Scam Of 50k

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.