Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:43 PM

Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 (19425 Views)

Buhari In Benue: Tiv People Not Happy With You – Akume Tells Buhari / 2019 : Buhari Will Get Zero Vote In Benue -tiv Traditional Council / Mariya Sanusi Dantata, Dangote's Mother, Visited By APC Governors (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by drnoel: 8:51am On Jun 26, 2017
HisSexcellency:
I just had to watch the video till the end, love him or hate him this man is really bold, fearless and knows what he is doing.

"if Nigeria wants war, we'll give them war. But we'll continue to bate them till they start it first"- Nnamdi kanu 24 June 2017

Joke really, a sad one
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Curlieweed: 9:02am On Jun 26, 2017
Mujtahida:

Prison has always given radical minded people time to reflect and reposition themselves. Hitler spent time in prison after the Munich putsch. Even Rawlings.
I don't know if you are Igala but you most likely be from the middle belt. If this man embraces Nigeria and calls for an all out attack against the elites I will join hm. But unfortunately the lines have been drawn. I hate how things are in Nigeria but I love my country.

I don't believe in class warfare. It's usually nihilistic and ultimately discriminatory. The elite are but an expression of society. They can't be any different.

Even if you kill all members of the current elite but fail to change the structure and the system that created them, you would ultimately replace one set of venal elite with a new one. Animal farm is a classic illustration.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by fratermathy(m): 9:04am On Jun 26, 2017
Opharhe:
Oniọvo mi yeru we ọ, wẹ kobiruo.
You see, this man has a lot of work and improvement to do on his carriage as a person, especially considering what he stands for. But you see, Kanu has a stronger and more logical argument anytime, anyday. I know he mentioned Urhobo, Isoko, Itsekiri.. Just as he's mentioning Tiv, Idoma, Igede etc as possible parts of Biafra grin
But as for the "Southern Biafra" point you've talked about, the man Nnamdi Kanu is correct. Yes.

1. Remember that Biafra as declared by Ojukwu, was synonymous to the Eastern Region then and there you have the Ibibios, Ogonis etc which he specifically mentioned when he was talking about the minority commission thing. Again, observe that he regretted these "Southern Biafrans" accepting that "British Idea" of "removing the minorities from the dominion of the Igbo". The agitation was on grounds of agitations going on already before the War... We in the Mid-West already had ours successfully but other "minority" areas like the Northern Middle Belt(the Tiv in particular) and the Niger-Delta(excluding Delta and Edo) were also pushing for theirs. But they had not succeeded in getting their own region before the coups and counter coups came in.

The Tivs wanted the Middle Belt Region and the "Niger Deltans" wanted the COR State(s). COR is Cross-River, Ogoja and Rivers. Adaka Boro even declared a Republic of the Niger Delta. It was on this foundation that the Gowon's FG created the old Cross-River State and Rivers state as part of the strategy to Checkmate Ojukwu and the Igbos during the strife.

Our own side in the Mid-West(Urhobo, Isoko, Edo, Ijaw, Itsekiri etc). was not part of this. The term "Southern Biafra" is correct in a political sense here... Unless of course, the people don't want to be associated with that name(Kanu's regret) which is true of some of the Ethnic groups there.
So, yes Kanu was correct on that.

2. We should be reminded also that Biafra(the name appears like having an Igbo origin) got it's name from the areas of the coast lying East in the Gulf of Guinea known as Bight of Biafra. Just like we have the Bight of Benin(named after the Benin Kingdom) along the coast around our area from where today's Republic of Benin get it's name.

These names were given to these areas by the Europeans and used by them in maps and all that for hundreds of years before Nigeria came into existence. So the term, "Southern Biafra" is still correct even in a geographical sense. This is so because the lands of these ethnic groups of Ibibio, Ijaw, Ogoni etc of the old Eastern region are closer to the coast and are, in most cases, directly bounded at Sea by the Bight of Biafra. So the guy Kanu(the guy no dey calm down talk most times which I dislike) is not really wrong or outrightly audacious with that.

Talking about the Niger-Delta, it's quite complicated because geographically speaking, the real Niger-Delta, is just 3 states today... Delta(Central and South), Rivers and Bayelsa states. I actually think it's very artificial and usually laugh when I hear people say "Republic of Niger-Delta". portraying it as comprising the 6 South South states... That matter go be for another day.

So as Urhobos and Isokos the question should be what are we doing to prepare for this eventuality? Since we don't want to be with Biafra(in share same views), we can at least leave them to do their thing provided they don't practically cross the line(leave Nnamdi Kanu make he talk him own, reality will be different) ... While we focus more on preparing ourselves and being proactive on our future in or out of Nigeria.
I don taya to type, lol. I'll pm you later to continue the discourse.

Omu vwaro tane wọ mrẹ ota na vughe re.

Thanks.

Oniovo, as usual, you've explained this well and convincing enough. This is what those misguided IPOB youths should have taken time to do instead of blaring "afonja" upandan!

Its just sad that an Urhobo man has to make this clarification to my initial comment after how many pages now?

Vwe Kobiruo!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Mujtahida: 9:34am On Jun 26, 2017
Curlieweed:

I don't believe in class warfare. It's usually nihilistic and ultimately discriminatory. The elite are but an expression of society. They can't be any different.

Even if you kill all members of the current elite but fail to change the structure and the system that created them, you would ultimately replace one set of venal elite with a new one. Animal farm is a classic illustration.
Animal farm is just one example of how such a movement can betray itself (I have often quoted the last line of that novel here) but Ghana is an example of how it can pan out well if it is guided by a strong, unwavering hand.

It's really an existential issue: how are we going to escape ourselves seeing that what we have collectively become is no good? Death is a cleanser. That's the secret to why sacrifice holds a crucial place in all religions. We sacrifice this wizards and cleans our souls, since they are the ones who have become the full embodiment of that which ails us. They have become sin, our sin. Let them die on the cross for our redemption as a nation.

You do not realize that it is better for you that one man die for the people than that the whole nation perish." Matthew 11v8. Remove 'one man' and put 'politicians and elites'. Our nation is dying Bro. Only the ritual of death can heal the Land

Last line from Jared Angira's 'No Coffin, No Grave':
Anyway one noisy pupil suggested we bring
tractors and plough the land.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by facelessangel: 10:19am On Jun 26, 2017
We shall overcome
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by 61Penguins: 10:52am On Jun 26, 2017
Lalasticlala take this tin to front page naa

Mtchew
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Opharhe: 11:07am On Jun 26, 2017
fratermathy:

Oniovo, as usual, you've explained this well and convincing enough. This is what those misguided IPOB youths should have taken time to do instead of blaring "afonja" upandan!

Its just sad that an Urhobo man has to make this clarification to my initial comment after how many pages now?

Vwe Kobiruo!
I regret not seeing the thread earlier enough to contribute but nothing spoil. Many of them Igbos here in Nairaland are just too shallow in all honesty. I just look at them and shake my head and ignore. I sometimes pity them. Thank God they are not the only Biafrans I know. I've met really sophisticated and intelligent Biafrans, some of them like that are here. Any small tin Afonja. Lol. Some Westerners here too are towing that same path, if you just oppose Buhari/Osinbanjo or Tinubu on anything, you become an IPOB yoot automatically. Na wa for this Nairaland. I just tire.

See you later jare, Oniovo.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by uvalued(m): 5:23pm On Jun 26, 2017
fratermathy:

That clause was used "specifically" when he spoke on the Middle Belt groups! angry He never used that clause when he referred to the ND as "Southern Biafra"!

okay but lets face the fact... it still boils down to CHOICE . would you choose to stay with more illogicqk radicalised hausa fulani than igbo? i in north knows... i feel when the chips are down and a refrendum is call lets choose independence and co exist on mutual ground
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by laudate: 5:26pm On Jun 26, 2017
Curlieweed:

Well said!! cheesy
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by fratermathy(m): 8:33pm On Jun 26, 2017
uvalued:

okay but lets face the fact... it still boils down to CHOICE . would you choose to stay with more illogicqk radicalised hausa fulani than igbo? i in north knows... i feel when the chips are down and a refrendum is call lets choose independence and co exist on mutual ground

I am pretty sure many of us would stick with the devil we know than the angel we don't.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by uvalued(m): 2:21am On Jun 27, 2017
fratermathy:

I am pretty sure many of us would stick with the devil we know than the angel we don't.
we up north will fill otherwise... the venom of deceit/religious supremacist/illogical would make us explore alternative option based on CHOICE AND ACCEPTANCE AS EQUALS not as conquered territories.

”The new nation called Nigeria should be an estate of our great grand father, Othman Danfodio. We must ruthlessly prevent a change of power. We must use the minorities in the North as willing tools and the South as conquered territories and never allow them to rule over us or have control over their future.” (Sir Ahmadu Bello October 12, 1960)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by cumbak60: 7:56am On Jun 27, 2017
Mujtahida:

So you were the one I was conversing with that day? Mekuzi09. Cheers
Of course bro. We may disagree to agree. I'll love to see my people free from the Nigerian clutch, but this guy is spoiling our chances. We could gain our freedom and still maintain cordial relationship with out neighbors, including the Hausa/Fulani. How life bro?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Mujtahida: 8:27am On Jun 27, 2017
cumbak60:

Of course bro. We may disagree to agree. I'll love to see my people free from the Nigerian clutch, but this guy is spoiling our chances. We could gain our freedom and still maintain cordial relationship with out neighbors, including the Hausa/Fulani. How life bro?
I dey. One Love.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by MelesZanawi: 7:16pm On Nov 13, 2022
Temptee101:
Kanu is fighting a good course. I sincerely think he is on a mission sent by God to librate the oppressed, downtrodden and enslaved. Every well meaning Nigerian should as a matter of fact rally round him. May God keep him strong with long life. amen.

God bless Biafra

Obidient pig
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Temptee101(m): 7:56pm On Nov 13, 2022
MelesZanawi:

Obidient pig

Is that all?

Peter Obi will be your next president. Start getting used to it.

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by MelesZanawi: 9:13pm On Nov 13, 2022
Temptee101:

Is that all?

Peter Obi will be your next president. Start getting used to it.

President of ipob Republic.
Look here, you Ipob pig, Obi has already lost. Better go and resume your Biafran noise so Shettima can handle you properly.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by Temptee101(m): 9:30pm On Nov 13, 2022
MelesZanawi:

President of ipob Republic.
Look here, you Ipob pig, Obi has already lost. Better go and resume your Biafran noise so Shettima can handle you properly.

Shameless thing.

So, shettima, the terrorist commander will be your president and your drug lord will be what?

Mumu!

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by MelesZanawi: 10:07pm On Nov 13, 2022
Temptee101:

Shameless thing.

So, shettima, the terrorist commander will be your president and your drug lord will be what?

Mumu!

Shettima will be given the task of dealing with ipob pigs how he did in Borno.

Shettima no be Fulani, na kanuri. Na die you ipob pigs dey so.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by GodHatesJews: 10:09pm On Nov 13, 2022
zooster:
My goodness me. We ar getting there.

Are we there yet ,?

Or are we taking a detour to. aso Rock ?

Pelebe people
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Visited By Benue Tiv Nation: The Most Powerful Interview Of 2017 by MelesZanawi: 1:07am On Nov 14, 2022
HisSexcellency:
I just had to watch the video till the end, love him or hate him this man is really bold, fearless and knows what he is doing.

"if Nigeria wants war, we'll give them war. But we'll continue to bate them till they start it first"- Nnamdi kanu 24 June 2017

Kanu your Lord and saviour is eating sour beans in jail.

Jubril of Sudan don cure your papa craze. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Wike Playing Politics With Benue Killings – APC / Defection Battle: Buhari's Men Declare War On Saraki, Tambuwal And Ortom.. / Corruption Allegation: Fani-Kayode, Adeyanju, Kperogi Dare Osinbajo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.